FIFA 18 DEMO - REVIEWS & OPINIONS

Going to try the demo now. Is it any good? Does crappy team still play like world class team? Are all players clone? Does player like Hazard and Messi actually play like them? Is CPU passing still lazer-guided and avoid passing stat? Does it have midfield battle?

For PC players - if someone interested, I'll upload edited ReShade/SweetFX shortly.
It should look like this in original version, at least.

Please do! It Looks infinitely better. Tried a few different presets, but I couldn't get anything close to this.

I've been playing pes nonstop since the demo release and was considering skipping fifa this year but, granted after only a few games so far, this demo feels great.

Both games have serious AI flaws - for me the biggest flaws of both - but fifa captures the intensity, variety, and emotion that I find so sorely lacking from pes. The excitement I felt from scoring my first goal in this demo, I realized shortly after I never once got that from pes.

Really looking forward to the full release now.

Just played the demo, feels more like pes this year which is great to me, but only thing I wasn't convinced in this demo was the individuality in passing, gonna wait for final release cos demos these days don't fully represent the final game, but yeah looking good

A few people have commented on AI passing and accuracy. It's a shame we don't have sliders to work on this in the demo. Previously I have found reducing AI passing speed slider more effective than just reducing AI passing accuracy. It makes the best AI players capable of fast passes, but there is much more risk attached, the faster and longer the pass is. I found if you just reduced AI passing accuracy they could become completely incapable of long crosses.

I am actually pleasantly surprised how good the demo came out to be. However I have a love/hate relationship with FIFA now. I love how good the demo feels however I will hate how bad the retail version will be like. This year, both FIFA 18 and PES 2018 is much better than their previous year. The only two issue with FIFA 18 Demo are the net physics and the passing accuracy(which might be fixed with sliders). However the passing issue is an issue in both games. Next year, both games need to redo passing. Anyway, both PES 2018 and FIFA 18 is really fun this year and if FIFA 18 retail version is the same as the demo, then both are worth a buy!

Teamstyles? I think you are right. They may be hardcoded.

It's a great demo. I've been impressed by AI teammate runs into space. The inertia and momentum takes some getting used to but it has a lot of potential for advanced moves, flick ons and wrong footing opponents. I hope it isn't nerfed for final release.

after playing 1 game i can't see why it sells. Boring as hell. I'll give it a go again but this game hasn't evolved in 3 years. And it definitely looks dated game engine wise to Fox engine. Defending isn't good i feel like the game is making me do what it wants me to.

For PC players - if someone interested, I'll upload edited ReShade/SweetFX shortly.
It should look like this in original version, at least.

hZiLk3L.jpg
QSkgb61.jpg

dv0duUX.jpg

es1uUMV.jpg

629MxNF.jpg

5UYpGsS.jpg

Fuelppc.jpg

kkEZbNj.jpg

MWpW8VV.jpg
U2IabXO.jpg

4aXm3FF.jpg

Looks amazing, please share them when you are ready, mate. I don't know why EA imagine football is played in the cellar.

One question. I have an issue of demo not being able to play in full screen. Whatever I do (including Alt+Enter) I get thrown back to windowed mode. I remember that used to happen also in FIFA 17 demo. Does anyone of you guys have the same issue?

Looks amazing, please share them when you are ready, mate. I don't know why EA imagine football is played in the cellar.

One question. I have an issue of demo not being able to play in full screen. Whatever I do (including Alt+Enter) I get thrown back to windowed mode. I remember that used to happen also in FIFA 17 demo. Does anyone of you guys have the same issue?

I had the same issue as well. I fixed it by turning off my Aero theme for desktop (I just use a basic one while I run the demo).

Just looked in Nintendo shop and there's no demo. Shame.
Ea asking a lot for people to pay £47 without playing a demo

Last edited:
Oh my God. What You see in this game? Game looks and feel outdated compare to Pes 2018. The pitch looks awful. Day time in Pes looks much better. Night match looks terrible dark! Its never feel like Pes 6. Its to heavy game to feel like Pes 6. The faces looks bad compere to FOX. In wide camera players models looks much worst than in Pes 2018. I never thougt but stadia in Pes looks better than FIFA 18. Only crowds in FIFA 18 looks better. The most important thing is that game is boring....boring and boring. All games feel exactly the same! Fifa never chcange in this area.

why does the ball go out of play when i clear it. Instead of the direction of my analog stick. Why when i'm defending does the game take control of my player just when i get close, pushing me opposite of what i want. The game forces assistance on you, even on manual.

Last edited:
Had low expectations after playing the beta but the Demo gameplay feels much more organic and rewarding, so I was pleasantly surprised. Unfortunately EA tend to release a great demo, only to mess the final game up.

About 3 years ago I absolutely loved the demo. Must've played 100 games. Full game came out and it was crap. Sold it about week later. It was so different to the demo it was like playing a different game.

Oh my God. What You see in this game? Game looks and feel outdated compare to Pes 2018. The pitch looks awful. Day time in Pes looks much better. Night match looks terrible dark! Its never feel like Pes 6. Its to heavy game to feel like Pes 6. The faces looks bad compere to FOX. In wide camera players models looks much worst than in Pes 2018. I never thougt but stadia in Pes looks better than FIFA 18. Only crowds in FIFA 18 looks better. The most important thing is that game is boring....boring and boring. All games feel exactly the same! Fifa never chcange in this area.
agreed. I see same thing as you. This plays nothing like PES 5/6. Those games are responsive. This game is slow and sluggish. Why are the old game engines so responsive compared to today's.

Having played PES 2017 all year (but not really enjoyed the PES 2018 demo), I was looking foward to trying out FIFA.

Things did not start well - I tried to play like PES 2017 and that does not work!

Finally I got into the swing of things and I'm actually really impressed with the demo.

It genuinely feels as though anything can happen on the pitch (whereas PES feels a touch robotic and soulless in this regard).

Don't understand anyone saying it looks outdated or that it's unresponsive or sluggish - it feels a tad too quick to me but I know I will be able to put the speed down in the final game.

The best compliment I can pay to this is that it feels like FIFA 16, which was a really good game. A couple of slider tweaks and this will be awesome IF the finished product is the same as the demo.

This post is FULL of hyperbole and if someone made same comments in PES thread then they would be slated for it..

I really don't like FIFA 18 either but don't exaggerate things as it's not fair on people who do enjoy this..

agreed. I see same thing as you. This plays nothing like PES 5/6. Those games are responsive. This game is slow and sluggish. Why are the old game engines so responsive compared to today's.

Guys, there is a pes/fifa contrast and compare thread. Seems to me thats where you guys have to post this stuff.
I like both games, both have their strong points and both have their flaws.
But coming to the fifa discussion thread and saying pes does this better, pes does that better....it has just become so damn boring.

Guys, there is a pes/fifa contrast and compare thread. Seems to me thats where you guys have to post this stuff.
I like both games, both have their strong points and both have their flaws.
But coming to the fifa discussion thread and saying pes does this better, pes does that better....it has just become so damn boring.
fair enough, i will just talk FIFA 18 demo.

Last edited:
I am happy to see everyone seems to be enjoying either FIFA 18 demo or PES 2018. I like when everyone is content and has something they enjoy playing and are excited about.

My opinions of the FIFA 18 demo on PS4 Pro are as follows:
  • Generally very similar to FIFA 17, not much in terms of gameplay and graphics that set it apart
  • Shooting as before is wonderful and varied, after playing PES 2018 and coming to this demo, you can see the specialness in shooting in FIFA.
  • LOD isn't as great as I remember on 17, looks blurry and too vibrant in day and too dark at night. Maybe cos PES was such a level up in LOD
  • Every team feels the same IMO, no individuality comes through, team styles also don't seem different.
  • It's a swashbuckling and ever, very end to end and exciting. however this might get boring fast as i see no variety in gameplay.
  • Stadiums are nice, every locale feels different, it's smooth in presentation, like EA are
It's fun to play and enjoyable. but I never feel in control of the game doe to the frenzied pace of things. I'm definitely going to purchase it as i do every year. But i just feel it lack realness on the field.

it's true every player feels the same, sluggish game-play on defensive side. i feel nothing when i score, because the game is lifeless. No excitement. Penalty shootout system is very poorly thought out. Just boring. Another thing just played pro camera and the frame-rates are choppy. What sells this game? Licensing and presentation. Just my opinion, don't take it personal.

FiFA 18 Demo feels great. I get t some people prefer PES.

But don't judge games based on just your tastes. I know FiFA 18 is nowhere near perfect but it feels a lot better than 17.

Graphics being worse than PES is also subjective. Things that are better in PES 18:

-Grass color.
-Night lighting.
-Body models.
-Normal ball size.
-Faces.
-LODs during gameplay.

And now the things that are better on FiFA 18:

-Cloth simulation: This is so good and advanced that it makes PES 18's one feel like old gen cloth simulation, especially the creases.

-kit models: Its more loose and realistic than PES which is good this year but still tight.

-Overal body models seems to be more tesellated. Feels more solid compared to PES where it still feels like empty inside.

-Grass texture.
-Lots of weathers and match times.

-Better cutscenes.

And yeah, its not only about the gameplay. There are people like me that wants to have good presentation and graphics along with gameplay.

Honestly this year I am interested in both games. Hopefully FiFA 18 retail is good as demo and responsive.

However I didnt play PES 18 yet (And since its locked in steam in our region, I cant even play demo). So I might not even like Pes 18. Only time will tell.

it's true every player feels the same, sluggish game-play on defensive side. i feel nothing when i score, because the game is lifeless. No excitement. Penalty shootout system is very poorly thought out. Just boring. Another thing just played pro camera and the frame-rates are choppy. What sells this game? Licensing and presentation. Just my opinion, don't take it personal.
It's how I feel. I just played two matches as Man Utd against Real Madrid and Man City. Legendary difficulty setting.

Didn't even have to break sweat to win or think about what I was doing. No midfield play, still end to end bullshit and the ball pong pongs all over the place.

It's just doesn't feel like football to me. I loved FIFA 14 and the series has gone to pot with this terrible frostbite engine.

I never feel completely in control in FIFA these days. And it's still far too easy to just sprint past opponent with quick players.

Sorry ea but it's a no again from me this year. This is just FIFA 17 with more bells and whistles. How such a huge team like ea with huge resources can't give us something new and fresh is beyond me.

Back
Top Bottom