FIFA 18 (PC Version)

I respect your sexual love for the balls, but you don't have to do this to me. I don't want to talk with you any more. Happy enjoying your FIFA 16, and bye.
I didn't do nothing to you,you started talking $hit to me.Also keep your sexual referrations for yourself and stop being butthurt when people criticizing stupid unlogically EA decisions to change things and make them worse when there is literally no reason to do this,just so they can say they changed something and then in 1-2 years they revert it back again and say it's new.Bye.

Funny thing, the current corner kick system was already in FiFA 2005. And it sucked.

But everyone has preferrences. The real question is, we can still change the camera in Free kicks. So EA definitely should add a toggle button for Corner kicks and Penalty kicks. Cause the New Penalty system is not suitable for keyboards.

Dude, you really need to get a controller. Not sure how anyone can enjoy playing football and racing games with a keyboard, in this day and age.:LOL:

Dude, you really need to get a controller. Not sure how anyone can enjoy playing football and racing games with a keyboard, in this day and age.:LOL:
Not sure how anyone can enjoy playing FPS and TPS with a controller, in this day and age.

So no, don't even try. Just because you don't feel comfortable with keyboard, doesn't mean others don't. Playing with gamepad makes me wanna break it to pieces. And your comment doesn't even help at all. EA can bring back the old Penalty system for keyboards and that would solve it, simple as that.

On Keyboard new system penalty is bad,for controller is good(on tutorial before you shoot your 1st penalty it says that you can use to adjust speed or something like that like controller but it was not working)
But for freekicks on controller is hard,on keyboard is easier

Still no new patch impressions? Come on guys...!

Chris, sorry for the off-topic, I visited PES section the other day, it's been about two years or so for me to visit there.
I noticed your PES video reviews, and they are very impressive and funny as well. I hope to watch your FIFA video review (whatever it'd be for FIFA 18 or for later one) sometime when you want to make it.

Sorry had some PC problems so had to reinstall windows and haven't had chance to try it yet, and now the new Assassin's Creed game is out ;)Plus yesterday I had 1Gbit internet installed so need to spend some time playing with that, I'm sure you understand ;)

Last edited:
Funny thing, the current corner kick system was already in FiFA 2005. And it sucked.

But everyone has preferrences. The real question is, we can still change the camera in Free kicks. So EA definitely should add a toggle button for Corner kicks and Penalty kicks. Cause the New Penalty system is not suitable for keyboards.

I totally agree that we should be able to change the camera for corners like we do for free kicks. The way it is i feel its more to do with luck than skill so i tend to take short corners now and then swing the ball in. Also, the corner tactics don’t work for me which is a bit annoying.

Thumbs up for using the keyboard. :TU:
I wouldnt be able to though as its too much multitasking.

Sorry had some PC problems so had to reinstall windows and haven't had chance to try it yet, and now the new Assassin's Creed game is out ;)Plus yesterday I had 1Gbit internet installed so need to spend some time playing with that, I'm sure you understand ;)
I'll let you off, as long as you play it today!

Still relying on reviews I don't trust from plebs on the official FIFA forums...

Only played a few games, but since the gameplay update it is now harder to defend as the computer does this weird thing kind of like blocking on FIFA 17 where they just waltz through your defence and pass it to a spare man for an easy tap in.

Have not noticed at all the difference in passing it is still incredibly scripted and I still feel I have very little control where my pass is going to go.. No matter how long you hold the button it just passes wherever, and the game still can't do the simplest of passing over 3/4 yards.

Player movement is still terrible, midfielders don't really make forward runs and stand like statues most of the time.. Full backs despite being on always overlap stop running when you want to pass to them and stroll back to a defensive position.

They still haven't fixed long range finesse shots, they still fly into the top corner on nearly every attempt.

I also noticed since the patch that the CPU now follows the man, so you can now run through the team and score.
For an example of this see Clyne goal @10.20 - I have now scored this goal 5 times in 3 matches.

I am very tempted to go back now to either FIFA 17 or FIFA 16, I am just not finding FIFA 18 any fun, there are way too many issues - Mainly with the defending and the inability of players to make 4/5 yard passes - I play on Semi, as don't like full auto as you can just ping pong your way to score and takes any sort of challenge out the game.

Football Manager is also out now, so FIFA could be benched completely this year.

P.S.
I wouldn't take my review too seriously, as I am just someone who doesn't enjoy the game this year, so might want to wait till someone who has some positives to say, give their opinion.

Last edited:
P.S.
I wouldn't take my review too seriously, as I am just someone who doesn't enjoy the game this year, so might want to wait till someone who has some positives to say, give their opinion.
I can't settle with the game this year - I'll have a great-feeling game followed by one that seems twice as fast and with 95% AI pass accuracy. I go back to my 17 save and the AI passes the ball around looking for the space, as opposed to constantly just passing straight forwards. So... I'm certainly willing to give you the benefit of the doubt (I mean, that Clyne goal, the way the red sea parts for him - outrageous, horrible goal).

I was hoping for big changes from the patch notes but, clearly it's not a leap. Pretty gutted (though looking through places like Reddit and the FIFA forums the overall opinion seems negative now, and you've got Eurogamer articles like this one, so I'm hoping EA get the point this year).

I can't settle with the game this year - I'll have a great-feeling game followed by one that seems twice as fast and with 95% AI pass accuracy. I go back to my 17 save and the AI passes the ball around looking for the space, as opposed to constantly just passing straight forwards. So... I'm certainly willing to give you the benefit of the doubt (I mean, that Clyne goal, the way the red sea parts for him - outrageous, horrible goal).

I was hoping for big changes from the patch notes but, clearly it's not a leap. Pretty gutted (though looking through places like Reddit and the FIFA forums the overall opinion seems negative now, and you've got Eurogamer articles like this one, so I'm hoping EA get the point this year).

It is just the CPU scoring now is just a joke, yes my defending is not very good, but I used to keep multiple clean sheets in 17.

If you watch their 3rd goal around the 7 min mark, you will see what every goal is like when playing the CPU.

I just really can't get into it, yes there are some improvements, but it seems they have broken it so much this year, just to please the counter-attacking end to end play of FUT.

Only played a few games, but since the gameplay update it is now harder to defend as the computer does this weird thing kind of like blocking on FIFA 17 where they just waltz through your defence and pass it to a spare man for an easy tap in.

Have not noticed at all the difference in passing it is still incredibly scripted and I still feel I have very little control where my pass is going to go.. No matter how long you hold the button it just passes wherever, and the game still can't do the simplest of passing over 3/4 yards.

Player movement is still terrible, midfielders don't really make forward runs and stand like statues most of the time.. Full backs despite being on always overlap stop running when you want to pass to them and stroll back to a defensive position.

They still haven't fixed long range finesse shots, they still fly into the top corner on nearly every attempt.

I also noticed since the patch that the CPU now follows the man, so you can now run through the team and score.
For an example of this see Clyne goal @10.20 - I have now scored this goal 5 times in 3 matches.

I am very tempted to go back now to either FIFA 17 or FIFA 16, I am just not finding FIFA 18 any fun, there are way too many issues - Mainly with the defending and the inability of players to make 4/5 yard passes - I play on Semi, as don't like full auto as you can just ping pong your way to score and takes any sort of challenge out the game.

Football Manager is also out now, so FIFA could be benched completely this year.

P.S.

What the hell is this goal from Clyne??What difficulty it is?

Not fully agreed though, Bsmaff, but I couldn't help pushing 'Like' button when I saw your first equalizer. It was a very stunning goal.

Last edited:
Fidel just released an excellent gameplay patch that introduces more physical play, fouls, responsive dribbling(like FIFA 16) and just harder gameplay in general. Now you really have to earn your goals and CPU passing is also more natural and deadly. Honestly, it got me back in FIFA 18 again. Here it is: http://soccergaming.com/index.php?t...dwide-mods-tools.6459580/page-17#post-6474018

His 3rd person cam looks awesome as well!

rp3PbS6.jpg

What if 1st person cam were available in Fifa 18? Would you ask Fidel if he can make it, Placebo? I know you also are interested in 1st person view, as I watched your bike film. I thought as if I was watching a Far Cry.;)

What if 1st person cam were available in Fifa 18? Would you ask Fidel if he can make it, Placebo? I know you also are interested in 1st person view, as I watched your bike film. I thought as if I was watching a Far Cry.;)

Would be hard until you attach sensor to your body. A lot of real life footie depends on our body perception sense.

Would be hard until you attach sensor to your body. A lot of real life footie depends on our body perception sense.

Right, Topaz, that'd be the reason why they don't add that view.

Well, never mind my request, Placebo. I'm thinking that's not good idea.

BTW, If the game had a VR support, plus we could sense the ball by vibrations of the controller as well as by VR vision, 1st person view would be considerable IMO.

Last edited:
Suddenly I hit upon a idea and drew it like below.
Anyone can feel free to use my idea even for commercial interests. I don't care. But one thing, just proper credits please, such as 'Inspired by Marthchyld' or something like that.
K7wMuKJ.jpg

Last edited:

LOL did I post that here? Wasn't the most scintillating 90 minutes ;)

LOL did I post that here? Wasn't the most scintillating 90 minutes ;)

No, you didn't post it here. I used to move to Youtube from here to watch a video with bigger screen. One day I moved to Youtube as usual to watch one of your Fifa 18 viedos you post here. I was kinda glad to see your iconic bulldog in such a place, so I involuntarily entered into your Channel.

BTW, I'll forget about your Fifa 18 review regarding to new update, as both of you;) must be busy enjoying the brand new Assassin's Creed recently.

Back
Top Bottom