FIFA 18 (PC Version)

I'm unable to play matches ever since windows update (forced btw, didn't even get to say no, fuck you Microsoft!). Once I'm on the screen for game settings and team management and to launch the game, once I hit the start match button, the game gets stuck and unresponsive. Oddly enough, if I disconnect my controller, it goes back to the screen for side select. But then I still can't play games as I go forward. Anyone know why? I've tried running as admin, and still nothing. Really wanted to get some games in today. :/

Anyone have this problem?

Same here. Very frustrating, as I had some free time today plus I really enjoyed playing Matt's new set yesterday..

Same here. Very frustrating, as I had some free time today plus I really enjoyed playing Matt's new set yesterday..

Had some time today, just reinstalled FIFA, and it worked. Try it. Still, very stupid that an update would do such a thing.

So there's another update? My FiFA 18 started updating again.

Hopefully it doesn't do anything with the dribbling response. Will see what happens.

Edit: Guess what? The update broke the LOD mod made by regularcat.

Good job EA.

Last edited:
Unfortunately mods breaking with updates is pretty standard with gaming, can't tar EA just for that!

Unfortunately the tool regularcat used for changing the LODs is not released yet. So I can't change the LODs again until the tool is officially released.

There's some good news atleast.

The FPS cap bug on DirectX 12 is finally fixed. Previously setting FPS to no limit still caused frame rate drop to half of the monitors refresh rate during cut-scenes. This even happened with DirectX 11 if you played on Window mode.

But after this update, window mode renders the game at smooth 60 FPS, so does Dx12. I still use Dx11 since 980 Ti performs better on Dx11, but for Pascal cards, its a good news.

Too bad it broke the Lod mod [Hopefully we can fix this when the tool is released]. And it broke Frosty Tool too which is very unfortunate. Previously I thought of finding a way to revert back to old patch. But since this new patch some issues regarding FPS limit [Keep in mind it still doesnt fix the Vsync problem with AMD cards, so there are lots of work to do], I think the modding tools should be updated to work with this new update.

There's some good news atleast.

The FPS cap bug on DirectX 12 is finally fixed. Previously setting FPS to no limit still caused frame rate drop to half of the monitors refresh rate during cut-scenes. This even happened with DirectX 11 if you played on Window mode.

But after this update, window mode renders the game at smooth 60 FPS, so does Dx12. I still use Dx11 since 980 Ti performs better on Dx11, but for Pascal cards, its a good news.

Too bad it broke the Lod mod [Hopefully we can fix this when the tool is released]. And it broke Frosty Tool too which is very unfortunate. Previously I thought of finding a way to revert back to old patch. But since this new patch some issues regarding FPS limit [Keep in mind it still doesnt fix the Vsync problem with AMD cards, so there are lots of work to do], I think the modding tools should be updated to work with this new update.

Sami, do you know for certain what's the difference (if any) between playing FIFA with DX11 or DX12? Are there any graphical advantages or something?.
I'm thinking of switching to DX11 so I can work on a ReShade setting.

Sami, do you know for certain what's the difference (if any) between playing FIFA with DX11 or DX12? Are there any graphical advantages or something?.
I'm thinking of switching to DX11 so I can work on a ReShade setting.

I haven't noticed graphical difference. The shadows are of same quality. Lighting looks same too.

One I noticed is that on Dx12, there's more input lag for some reason. Same input lag that you can feel when playing on Window mode on Dx11.

So I prefer Dx11. Also, I don't know if these performance issues occur on your GPU [1080 Ti is optimized for Dx12 unlike 980 Ti]. Before the match starts, on skill games, I suffer from heavy stutters. On snow weather, my performance drops drastically, even if I lower my resolution.

You use HXD: https://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/

Assuming you already have an ongoing career save with the name Arsene Wenger and a generic manager? Load your save and go the screen where you save your progress, now switch to HXD, below is a screenshot showing HXD with an old career save of mine open which shows the real hex for Arsene's ID:

Then without closing anything in HXD you then open the Fifa18.exe and find Wenger in there:

You copy the real ID from the old career save and paste it to the wrong ID of Fifa18.exe and it'll show red to show it's pasted:

Then click save in HXD, ignore the error! Go back to Fifa18 and save your career save and this is the result:

So awesome! You guys with real managers in the game are so damn lucky!
I don't get it
Please, tell me again, will you?
video lessons could make you

I don't get it
Please, tell me again, will you?
video lessons could make you

Point out which part you don't get it, then he'll answer.
However don't even think about a video tuto, as he'd be the last man to make such a thing.
Anyway It would be great if he filmed a video lesson for it in 1st person view with the action cam on his bike helmet.

Last edited:
Point out which part you don't get it, then he'll answer.
However don't even think about a video tuto, as he'd be the last man to make such a thing.
Anyway It would be great if he filmed a video lesson for it in 1st person view with the action cam on his bike helmet.
I do not have much English.
I'm sorry but I couldn't do it
Please tell me again

Last edited:
I bought a new one, plus I also bought an electric horn which is very loud ;)
Thanks sir I understand, but I'll transfer over to a different team managers.

José Mourinho I want to make a career with Fenerbahçe
bald man turns out
Bald guy is always dating

Last edited:
But I want to add a different team and a different coach.
But always the bald man comes

Last edited:
You use HXD: https://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/

Assuming you already have an ongoing career save with the name Arsene Wenger and a generic manager? Load your save and go the screen where you save your progress, now switch to HXD, below is a screenshot showing HXD with an old career save of mine open which shows the real hex for Arsene's ID:

Then without closing anything in HXD you then open the Fifa18.exe and find Wenger in there:

You copy the real ID from the old career save and paste it to the wrong ID of Fifa18.exe and it'll show red to show it's pasted:

Then click save in HXD, ignore the error! Go back to Fifa18 and save your career save and this is the result:

So awesome! You guys with real managers in the game are so damn lucky!
But I want to add a different team and a different coach.
But always the bald man comes

Fıfa 18 Career File Gheorghe Hagi Galatasaray

Download
ekran-goeruentuesue-14-png.714

ekran-goeruentuesue-13-png.712

ekran-goeruentuesue-16-png.716

New patch announced - doesn't sound like much, unfortunately.

Addressed the following issues in Gameplay:
  • A freeze happening, in some situations, during the goal celebration for a goal that was scored by the goalkeeper.
  • The goal celebration being skipped, in some situations, after a goal was scored by the goalkeeper.
  • Holding the sprint button will once again cause a goalkeeper to get up quickly if he is on the ground while holding the ball.
  • The player sometimes being in control of the wrong player in a Skill Game.
  • Stringing the juggle skill move together multiple times in the Practice Arena could cause your player to disappear.
  • Updated the default FIFA Trainer settings for the Intro Match to show both Movement and Mechanics instead of just Movement.

Addressed the following issues in Online Modes:

• Captains, or players that had just transferred captaincy to another player, getting disconnected or crashing after inviting another club to a match in Pro Clubs Friendlies in some situations.

Made the following changes in FIFA Ultimate team:

• Added the ability to watch FUT Champions Channel replays in a slower (0.5x) playback speed.
    • When toggling the playback speed of the replay, it cycles through Normal --> Fast --> Slow.
  • Removed the Single Player Camera from the list of available camera angles in FUT Champions Channel.
  • Removed the non-functional Restart button in the FUT Champions Channel Pause Menu.
  • Renamed the FIWC Stadium item to FeWC Stadium.

Addressed the following issues in FIFA Ultimate team:

• FUT Squads that had default tactics values that were incorrectly set to over 100 have been reset to the normal default values.
  • A visual issue where sometimes the kit that a player selected to play with would not be the kit that their opponent would see them playing with in FUT Online modes.
  • The FUT Squad Battles Featured Squad image not loading properly after rapidly transitioning through screens.
  • The Pause Menu countdown timer sometimes displaying throughout a FUT Champions Channel replay.
  • The scrolling team lineup list sometimes displaying at the start of a FUT Champions Channel replay.
  • The penalty shootout tutorial sometimes displaying during a penalty shootout in a FUT Champions Channel replay.

Addressed the following issues in Audio / Visual / Presentation:

• Updates to the 2D portraits for some players.

I have fun with this game so far,
- Every match has a different story
- Feels rewording when you defense properly or when you attack creatively
- Stats of players now are more noticeable when playing than previews FIFAs

I hope EA can resolve some tiny problems in FIFA 19:
- National teams should have 12 substitutions not 7
- I want to change formation during play via quick tactics like FIFA 12
- More individual instructions like "man mark" and "cover for"

Has anyone tried Fidels gameplay patch for Fifa 18? Is it any good and is there a huge difference compared to the original gameplay?

@Topaz , I saw you posted a video on the PS4 forum but I didnt want to clutter it, so I copied you here, Can you please tell me where to download this fidel file? I havent been able to find it. Also can you give me a brief description what it does

Thanks

@Topaz , I saw you posted a video on the PS4 forum but I didnt want to clutter it, so I copied you here, Can you please tell me where to download this fidel file? I havent been able to find it. Also can you give me a brief description what it does

Thanks

It adds more physicality and fouls and improves ball physics as well as improve headers. Other than that, I haven't noticed any else that is different than the original game.

Back
Top Bottom