FIFA 18 (PC Version)

Direct X 11: Gameplay feels good - defending and passing feels better but with many technical problems
Direct X 12: no technical problems but the gameplay is not as responsive as Direct X 11

(520 Intel HD, 8 Giga ram, Core i5 6200U)

I cant belive what I did, instaled this switched to dx11 and tweaked the game myself. I made it sharper and changed brightnes and colours totally it looks now like in real life. I can give you my settings. At the day and night it is like in TV. I hated the default night colours. With this You can change everything that is visible on the screen. It is looking even better than HDR. You need to change ini file and put Your directory where the game is installed, then it will load. It is so fuc**** worth it!!!

My settings i think that it is the right file
https://megawrzuta.pl/download/16b19127c1c79ae36a919beac4874355.html

I hope there is no adverts You need to click "pobierz plik"

Last edited:
Some glitches:
- Keepers acts very dumb if the ball is bouncing slowly in front of them, like they are inviting strikers to do something
- I press (pass) - nothing happens - the situation changes - but the game insists to execute my pass after a while when it becomes very harmful.. There is something wrong about passing in FIFA
- the error when switching between players is vital, I expected the switch to the nearest player but the LB will give me another far player.
- buttons delay problem offline!

The idea of making defending harder is great but I think second player press in FIFA 18 is less effective I hope EA will add a new feature in FIFA 19 to change the useless sliding tackles button with a new feature called "second defender tackle" this will make players act normal when a striker is hovering around them in peace and they look like idiots at least 2 of them will try to tackle him.

How is sliding tackle useless? I find it more effective than standing tackle.
Sliding tackle is like standing tackle with different animation and a fraction of range too, it's just like the difference between standing shot and sliding shot!
Now imagine if standing shots need a button and sliding shots needs another button, then imagine when you press standing tackle button your player will stretch his body to reach the same range of sliding tackles and maybe the same animation!
What I am saying is: imagine the standing tackle with more range and more animations.
It will be a tackle button like the shot button and the pass button, the more you press the button the more power and range you have!
Sliding tackle idea was taken from Konami (Pes) and Konami made this feature to give the player the ability to tackle manually in the time of legacy defending, but now with tactical defending we need more players with the ability to do manual tackles than ever.

Last edited:
I suggest you guys try new Nvidia's Freestyle (Filters for games, like ReShade) in FIFA. It made a huge difference for me. Game looks very nice now.

I lost track of the modding scene for some time, just wondering if anyone has released a mod that fixes the fake Brazilian teams/players as well as all the other fake teams/players yet please?

I suggest you guys try new Nvidia's Freestyle (Filters for games, like ReShade) in FIFA. It made a huge difference for me. Game looks very nice now.

Saw you posted on the PS4 thread but didn't want to mix with PC mods, so I'll ask here. Is there a mod you recommend to remove this Adaptive difficulty?
One curious thing I sometimes experience in my CM... a game against Manchester City, I think itll be the game of the year, then I blow them out. Then the Carabao cup with a 7th division team? Im sweating bullets barely winning 1-0.
I'm still having fun

Saw you posted on the PS4 thread but didn't want to mix with PC mods, so I'll ask here. Is there a mod you recommend to remove this Adaptive difficulty?
One curious thing I sometimes experience in my CM... a game against Manchester City, I think itll be the game of the year, then I blow them out. Then the Carabao cup with a 7th division team? Im sweating bullets barely winning 1-0.
I'm still having fun
Yup and it's fairly easy to do.

Download this: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eJvLPt50fmjTqQBAEkOBgPCCoD66wusZ

Thank you for this. Ill check it out once I get home, I couldn't see how to do it but Ill mess with it later.
Would I have to start my CM again?

See, that's why you welcome these updates!
We, on PC, hate them because you get to mod your game with patches, faces, etc. All of which get ruined whenever a new update is out. You're either stuck playing an older build (which is also kind of messy because Origin keeps tricking you into trying to update to the lastest version) or updating the game and losing most of those mods you got so used to, until the maker himself updates it to make it compatible with the lastest build (which almost never happens).

We, on PC, hate them because you get to mod your game with patches, faces, etc. All of which get ruined whenever a new update is out. You're either stuck playing an older build (which is also kind of messy because Origin keeps tricking you into trying to update to the lastest version) or updating the game and losing most of those mods you got so used to, until the maker himself updates it to make it compatible with the lastest build (which almost never happens).
Ah, like the PES updates on console then - sorry, I had no idea!

Absolutely rubbish that it works that way, but I guess neither EA or Konami will ever really care about modders...

Ah, like the PES updates on console then - sorry, I had no idea!

Absolutely rubbish that it works that way, but I guess neither EA or Konami will ever really care about modders...

True. In fact, I have a tiny suspicion that this is EA's second barrier against pirates and modding (first one being Denuvo or whatever protection they use): Releasing periodical updates that change stuff here and there so that if you were using a cracked version or a modded, you'll no longer be able to use it (unless you don't mind playing an outdated game). And usually, crackers don't really care about updates.

Yeah, this sucks without end. Honestly, as we already said before, I'm enjoying more than I tought I would Fifa 18 with the proper mods (graph, Fidel, custom squads etc.). I'm getting a lot of varied games, fouls and different situations, and while I think the base of the game has many flaws, and far from fully satisfying, I can say it is also fun and with the right mods it has the potential to be much more.

But this Sword of Damocles of updates and what not it's getting the best of me honestly. Having to not update the game, to keep origin offline.. it's getting beyond ridiculous considering that I paid the game and all I'm asking is to play it the way I want it. I seriously don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but when I see this kind of hostile attitude even towards mods (that are, curiously, the strength of a great number of other titles I know), all I think is "they don't want the other modalities to get SO much better, so more people in the end will choose Ultimate Club".

I'm wrong? Possibly.. I'm just guessing after all, maybe I'm exaggerating the issue.. I only know that I was less frustated than this year from 2014 to 2016.. when I've actually dropped entirely soccer games.. something I'm afraid I'll have to do again the near future /rant

Yeah, this sucks without end. Honestly, as we already said before, I'm enjoying more than I tought I would Fifa 18 with the proper mods (graph, Fidel, custom squads etc.). I'm getting a lot of varied games, fouls and different situations, and while I think the base of the game has many flaws, and far from fully satisfying, I can say it is also fun and with the right mods it has the potential to be much more.

But this Sword of Damocles of updates and what not it's getting the best of me honestly. Having to not update the game, to keep origin offline.. it's getting beyond ridiculous considering that I paid the game and all I'm asking is to play it the way I want it. I seriously don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but when I see this kind of hostile attitude even towards mods (that are, curiously, the strength of a great number of other titles I know), all I think is "they don't want the other modalities to get SO much better, so more people in the end will choose Ultimate Club".

I'm wrong? Possibly.. I'm just guessing after all, maybe I'm exaggerating the issue.. I only know that I was less frustated than this year from 2014 to 2016.. when I've actually dropped entirely soccer games.. something I'm afraid I'll have to do again the near future /rant

I feel your pain man. LOL.
But, look at it this way: At least we can opt whether to update it or keep Origin offline and play it the same way.
Konami/PES/Steam don't even give you that much. If a new update is out, you MUST update your game, otherwise you can't even launch it!
So basically, you bought the game. It's yours, but you don't own it. You're held hostage by the platform and the game itself.

Absurd!

This last patch is great, Playing on proffessional / slow with full manual.

Speed acc both 48
Shot power 70
FT error 55
Pass error 51
Pass speed 46
Line height 70

Two main problems are too many shots hit the cross bar/post and the lack of fouls which I triedto fix with playing on fast and normal, Although I do win penalties occasionally.

The higher difficulties tend to make the ai so repetitive , no individuality and ping pongy.

The game has all the licenses, Tactics work,gameplay sliders, So many modes, immersive career and BAL due to the authenticity, When playing on PC you can adjust the camera woth mods and have around 10 commentary languages available..All this and i’m yet to delve into the gameplay patches as well as online!

This is a very satisfying product so far with no glaring weaknesses, Well done EA for giving us the tools to curate our experience which should be the way to do it really.

This last patch is great, Playing on proffessional / slow with full manual.

Speed acc both 48
Shot power 70
FT error 55
Pass error 51
Pass speed 46
Line height 70

Two main problems are too many shots hit the cross bar/post and the lack of fouls which I triedto fix with playing on fast and normal, Although I do win penalties occasionally.

The higher difficulties tend to make the ai so repetitive , no individuality and ping pongy.

The game has all the licenses, Tactics work,gameplay sliders, So many modes, immersive career and BAL due to the authenticity, When playing on PC you can adjust the camera woth mods and have around 10 commentary languages available..All this and i’m yet to delve into the gameplay patches as well as online!

This is a very satisfying product so far with no glaring weaknesses, Well done EA for giving us the tools to curate our experience which should be the way to do it really.
Well done EA for giving us the tools?What tools?They basically ruined nearly every modding ability with the introduction of Frostbite.Until 16 you could mod nearly anything you could imagine.Now some guys trying to create new tools so they can mod properly this game but EA made it very difficult with this engine and for now they're just taking baby steps.

Well done EA for giving us the tools?What tools?They basically ruined nearly every modding ability with the introduction of Frostbite.Until 16 you could mod nearly anything you could imagine.Now some guys trying to create new tools so they can mod properly this game but EA made it very difficult with this engine and for now they're just taking baby steps.

Sliders that actually work are good enough for me.

I don’t need to edit any licenses, Camera patches are available and my career mode is very stable and realistic.

Last edited:
FIFA has some code called "adaptive difficulty" which is exactly what Chris Davies was talking about a few posts above. It's the "flip the switch and the script is on" thing. So even if you hate talking about scripted gameplay... well, it's a fact. Which is why I always encourage you guys to get a good gaming PC and play it on PC. You can download all sorts of mods that will definetely improve this kind of stuff. Removing Adaptive Difficulty, changing the way the AI plays, the aggressiveness, etc. And then, to put the cherry on top, once you have the game as you like it, you can perfect it with sliders.

I'm enjoying FIFA 18 a lot at the moment.
@Chuny, I'm quoting you from months ago, sorry! :D But...

Now that I'm on PC (and I've got a week's worth of Origin Access)...

Are there any FIFA 18 gameplay mods you could recommend? Or will none work now that the game has been updated?

Back
Top Bottom