FIFA 18 (PC Version)

@Chuny, I'm quoting you from months ago, sorry! :D But...

Now that I'm on PC (and I've got a week's worth of Origin Access)...

Are there any FIFA 18 gameplay mods you could recommend? Or will none work now that the game has been updated?

Well, there aren't many gameplay mods yet. But there are a few DB files and Career Mode tweaks that can be implemented through Frosty Mod Manager (which is a pain in the ass to get it to work).

You can check Fidel's mods here: http://www.soccergaming.com/index.p...ns-18-exclusive-worldwide-mods-tools.6459580/
Get Frosty Mod Manager, get Fidel's lastest mods and when you get them to work (holla if you need help) I can send you the links for some Career Mode improvements and such.

I think I've just completed my first Pitch Mod for FIFA 18.
I will probably release it soon along with my ReShade pack. If anyone is interested here's a preview of one of the turfs I created.

I don't get all the modes where you boost contast/color/brightness. I mean wtf?
I see those over and over again, it's not the way guys, just deal with it, it's unreal.

well just tried running FIFA 18 on PC - it doesn't work. tried changing compatibility settings. still no dice.

Basically F**k konami for not making PES truly offline on PC and F**k EA for taking my money and giving me a game I can't play because of their stupid update.

well just tried running FIFA 18 on PC - it doesn't work. tried changing compatibility settings. still no dice.

Basically F**k konami for not making PES truly offline on PC and F**k EA for taking my money and giving me a game I can't play because of their stupid update.

How about asking for help and telling us what rig You have,instead of barking at the moon.
No one else is reporting such issues are they?

Since I'll not pick up Fifa 20 for the moment, and I like to alternate something to Pes anyway, now that it's free from the bane of updates and whatnot I've installed this one again, applied Fidel mods (check the soccergaming thread if you are interested and other graphical ones and I must say it's a seriously magnificent experience.. aggressive cpu, way improved AI behaviour united with the already good randomness of Fifa 18.. truly lovely. No idea if it sustains an entire career, I'm having such fun that I might even try.

@rockstrongo
Hey Rock, I didn't want to clutter the FIFA 20 thread so I post here. I reinstalled this one again seeing that Im going thru all the past FIFAs. Favorites so far are 16,17 and this. However do you have any updated squads or patch? Did you use any other mods?
Might as well add @Madmac79 even though he was playing this 6 months ago.

@rockstrongo
Hey Rock, I didn't want to clutter the FIFA 20 thread so I post here. I reinstalled this one again seeing that Im going thru all the past FIFAs. Favorites so far are 16,17 and this. However do you have any updated squads or patch? Did you use any other mods?

No idea if there is up to date stuff, the old squad files by Fidel I was using were of course for 2018 rosters.

I got sucked out by other games in that period, but I might try it out once again in these days. Problem is that modified stats and overalls make the game on the field much more enjoyable, but transfers and whatnot are completely fucked, so (unless there is some other mod that correct it which I'm unaware of) you either accept it as it is or it's kinda weird to play a career.

@rockstrongo
The thing is I'm on console,using what they give me there.
Never been that picky about rosters on older games, usually make transfers that matters myself
Can't help you pal,sorry!

dusted off my copy of FIFA 18 on pc and been playing it again been wondering if there's a way to change kits in career mode

I'm having quite a good time with FIFA 18 today. I remember not enjoying 18 at all when it came out. CPU scored this beauty against me just before!

@MafiaMurderBag Not sure if you're still needing it man but I just got 18 again and I checked the mod for penalty cam and no shake and this works -

No Camera Shake and Gameplay Penalty Cam mod - https://mega.nz/file/REt3mIpD#DPEv4qZUQ-UVPlFibCpYmSZIKo2h95-rgbhqYML3K70

and if anyone is after it here's a broadcast camera mod. It lets you adjust height and zoom much more in game

FIFA 18 Broadcast Camera Mod - https://mega.nz/file/wE8D0Q4Q#KBk9PH93XgG3bDDgSFHnS_uV7bmEG95LImYWa8PPT2M
Thanks James, Glad you're finally on board the 18 Train, It's a really good game, Graphically it looks stunning. I think this is and maybe 19 was the jumping off point before they really start sabotaging their own visuals and made everything cartoony as butchered some of the star heads.

While there's a lot of quality of life improvements over 16, Especially with the AI - My only real issue with 18 is the dribbling isn't as responsive as 16 though. Some times it feels like the ball gets stuck under your players feet and they move like a baby calf learning to walk for the first time.

I'll try your mods tonight, desperate for a good penalty cam mod, Nearly finished Match Day 1 of my World Cup playthrough - There was truly bizarre penalty kick animation i'll show you which should give you a bit of a smirk.

Thanks James, Glad you're finally on board the 18 Train, It's a really good game, Graphically it looks stunning. I think this is and maybe 19 was the jumping off point before they really start sabotaging their own visuals and made everything cartoony as butchered some of the star heads.

While there's a lot of quality of life improvements over 16, Especially with the AI - My only real issue with 18 is the dribbling isn't as responsive as 16 though. Some times it feels like the ball gets stuck under your players feet and they move like a baby calf learning to walk for the first time.

I'll try your mods tonight, desperate for a good penalty cam mod, Nearly finished Match Day 1 of my World Cup playthrough - There was truly bizarre penalty kick animation i'll show you which should give you a bit of a smirk.
Yeah really enjoying it so far. Are you playing normal or slow speed? I've been finding in general on FIFA normal speed is just the way to go. Slow seems to create these little half seconds where the player doesn't know where the ball is etc.

I just tried going from 18 to 19 (and then back to 17) and it seems pretty clear to me that the decline starts at 19. Ice skating and the cartoons start as soon as you load up 19! 17 and 18 don't have the great physicality of 16, but they surprisingly still do have some level of physicality - but 19 it pretty much seems lost by then. It also feels much easier to get in on goal, whereas 17 and 18 I'm having to think a lot more.

I really wish the Frosty Editor for 17 and 18 gave us access to the gameplay files like we can get on 20. It would be great to have that level of control over a game that didn't have a massively, huge flaw from the start (1v1).

Yeah really enjoying it so far. Are you playing normal or slow speed? I've been finding in general on FIFA normal speed is just the way to go. Slow seems to create these little half seconds where the player doesn't know where the ball is etc.

I just tried going from 18 to 19 (and then back to 17) and it seems pretty clear to me that the decline starts at 19. Ice skating and the cartoons start as soon as you load up 19! 17 and 18 don't have the great physicality of 16, but they surprisingly still do have some level of physicality - but 19 it pretty much seems lost by then. It also feels much easier to get in on goal, whereas 17 and 18 I'm having to think a lot more.

I really wish the Frosty Editor for 17 and 18 gave us access to the gameplay files like we can get on 20. It would be great to have that level of control over a game that didn't have a massively, huge flaw from the start (1v1).
Interesting, I'm slow speed but to be honest I haven't tried normal. It's always been a bit of a ritual for me to stick it straight on slow as soon as I get the game as I usually assume the default speed would be too hectic, But i'll certainly try it out. I know what you mean though, Some people play PES 2021 on +1 to relieve some of the responsiveness but the problem with that game is that it speeds up or slows literally everything including the cutscenes, goal celebrations and reactionary animations.

I thought the Ice skating began in 20? If it's actually 19 than that's a shame. It seems both PES & FIFA when down the ninja football route that year then. That was probably why I went retro around that period.

I hear you on the editing front. I didn't realise gameplay files were so accessible on 20? Was it salvageable through editing then? But yeah too bad we can't import faces and stadiums on 18 though. When you're so used to 16 and being spoiled for choice when it came to giving everyone a face, The generic ones do hurt a bit even if to be fair to EA, they did improve them so they look like they're part of the same engine.

Interesting, I'm slow speed but to be honest I haven't tried normal. It's always been a bit of a ritual for me to stick it straight on slow as soon as I get the game as I usually assume the default speed would be too hectic, But i'll certainly try it out. I know what you mean though, Some people play PES 2021 on +1 to relieve some of the responsiveness but the problem with that game is that it speeds up or slows literally everything including the cutscenes, goal celebrations and reactionary animations.

I thought the Ice skating began in 20? If it's actually 19 than that's a shame. It seems both PES & FIFA when down the ninja football route that year then. That was probably why I went retro around that period.

I hear you on the editing front. I didn't realise gameplay files were so accessible on 20? Was it salvageable through editing then? But yeah too bad we can't import faces and stadiums on 18 though. When you're so used to 16 and being spoiled for choice when it came to giving everyone a face, The generic ones do hurt a bit even if to be fair to EA, they did improve them so they look like they're part of the same engine.
Yeah I was the same, used to always go straight to slow speed also. I actually tried going to +1 on PES last week and discovered the same thing. Such a cop out from Konami to essentially just speedhack the entire game haha.

Yeah gameplay files were on 20 and we tried everything to get rid of the 1v1 feature, as it is the primary reason for the positional/marking issues - NOTHING can fix it in there. I've tried for 21 again recently and it's even worse now.

Faces can be brought into 18, but I can't figure out how to get rid of the old hair over the top. I just brought in De Gea from 21 to 18 here and you'll see what I mean about the hair. I think I need to use Blender to fix it and I've not used that before.

FIFA 18 Screenshot 2021.03.30 - 07.36.45.77.jpg

Last edited:
Faces can be brought into 18, but I can't figure out how to get rid of the old hair over the top. I just brought in De Gea from 21 to 18 here and you'll see what I mean about the hair. I think I need to use Blender to fix it and I've not used that before.
Well I just assumed only face textures for existing players can be changed, not new heads an be added?

Good point.
The camera's and Penalty cam work great James, So thanks for that.

I have a question about ball editing though, In the World Cup DLC, They only bothered with the black and white Telstar ball and not the Red one for the knockout stages.

I found the textures for it and have uploaded them here, Would you happen to know how to import these with frosty editor to replace the regular WC ball?

Yeah really enjoying it so far.

Dammit guys, downloading now....I feel like every time I log on I end up installing another old game. I've really enjoyed FIFA games in this pandemic and remember not liking them as much when they came out (maybe its because I gave up on them after the 3rd-4th EA patch); Really enjoyed '14 BTW, that game is fantastic.
Gonna give this a go... read that sometimes legendary plays a bit better than WC. I just want a game that even on high difficulty, the lower teams play according to their stats (if only professional played a little more competitive....).

I think my Frosty got fixed after I reset my PC so gonna give a go to a 20/21 patch, but let me know if you guys are using any gameplay patches.

Gonna give this a go... read that sometimes legendary plays a bit better than WC. I just want a game that even on high difficulty, the lower teams play according to their stats (if only professional played a little more competitive....).

I think my Frosty got fixed after I reset my PC so gonna give a go to a 20/21 patch, but let me know if you guys are using any gameplay patches.
I haven't tried it on Legendary yet but i'm playing on World Class and I'm very happy with it. It doesn't seem as toxic as the high difficulties on PES 2021 and it's not as nerfing as WC & Legendary on 16 either.

But yeah the difficulties on FIFA are usually inconsistent. The jump between professional and world class is usually quite extreme, as if there should be a difficulty between them.

FIFA 18 is probably the most enjoyable FIFA for me, I have tried 16 and 14 but 14 especially is very clunky.

I wish the AI was just a little better than it is, it just completely packs up defensively so you end pretty much every game with 60-75% possession.
When attacking it is very direct in it's approach which takes a while to get used to but as soon as you learn to defend the game is an absolute breeze.
The physics are probably the best of any FIFA and the game I would say looks and plays more like football, than the 25-22 score lines you get on FIFA 20 and 21.

Despite the flaws of this game, IMO it is the best FIFA - Although I have not gone back to try 19.
Only the Classic patches of FIFA on 14 and 16.

The other thing to look out for make sure you lock the game to 60FPS, as it is quite unplayable on my machine without the lock.
I get 340FPS unlocked in 4K and it does not play well in the slightest.

I gave this a go this couple of days... It does play OK, I do feel back when I played it before it got final patched I think I was having more fun with it (although that was 3 years ago). I haven't gotten a grip with sliders yet. I've scored some great goals. However after that I put '17 and played the same game... I have to say I found it a bit more enjoyable. Then I put 16 and had a fantastic game... There's just something about frostbite... like missing some soul, or the ball doesnt seem as "free" as in ignite. hard to explain...

I'm going to mess with sliders in 18, but now I'm thinking about trying the universally hated 19. I installed last year and didn't seems so bad, but exactly 12 months ago I went into this rabbit hole of installing 15 soccer games in my PC

The camera's and Penalty cam work great James, So thanks for that.

I have a question about ball editing though, In the World Cup DLC, They only bothered with the black and white Telstar ball and not the Red one for the knockout stages.

I found the textures for it and have uploaded them here, Would you happen to know how to import these with frosty editor to replace the regular WC ball?

Hey man, sorry I'm not really sure about ball textures unfortunately.

Finally finished Episode 1 of World Cup 2018 thanks to the DLC of this game that we got for free. It's a relief that I didn't have to tinker with Stadiums and other misc mods or manipulate groups too much to get them to play in the correct order like I normally do, So that was a luxury.

There was a strange quirk where unless you enter kick off in the world cup hub to set the weather manually before you load your tournament, every damn game plays in the rain. One of those bizarre menu limitations where they won't simply let you set the weather before the world cup match as if it's some kind of exploit they cannot permit.

Once again, Thanks to @Anth James James for the camera mods (I didn't implement the penalty camera in time for this episode) and this game still has a ton of satisfaction that recent FIFA's don't have in terms of team shape and animations and even PES doesn't have in terms of responsiveness and feeling like you don't get anxiety when you're trying to defend because of infuriating player control.

This game is nearly 4 years old now which feels like a lifetime ago but still looks better than current gen FIFA as there's still a mature look to the shaders and player models compared to the more stylised look of 21.

It still feels like only yesterday but we relive the most recent festival of football, The FIFA World Cup 2018 in The massive motherland of Russia. See all the goals from all 32 teams on Match Day 1 of the group stage. Plenty of shocks & great goals; What the World Cup is all about!

God dammit, @MafiaMurderBag. Now I want to try this game too because of another one of your excellent videos.
Thanks, It's a lot of fun and holds up well. As much as I enjoy PES 2021 for the most part, Controlling your players on this is a painless joy in comparison and you can perform with them without the stress and anxiety of worrying if your players will turn like trucks on ice or dribbling being less responsive than you expect because the game decides "In this match, thy player shall be cursed with lethargy!"

The only major complaint I have so far about FIFA 18 is there's next to no fouls!

Thanks, It's a lot of fun and holds up well. As much as I enjoy PES 2021 for the most part, Controlling your players on this is a painless joy in comparison and you can perform with them without the stress and anxiety of worrying if your players will turn like trucks on ice or dribbling being less responsive than you expect because the game decides "In this match, thy player shall be cursed with lethargy!"

The only major complaint I have so far about FIFA 18 is there's next to no fouls!

All your videos are really good, but the cutscenes in this one really add to the immersion factor. The Viking clap at the end of Iceland-Argentina, specifically.

Seems like, in addition to there being next to no fouls, quite a few shots are hitting the woodwork in this edition!

All your videos are really good, but the cutscenes in this one really add to the immersion factor. The Viking clap at the end of Iceland-Argentina, specifically.

Seems like, in addition to there being next to no fouls, quite a few shots are hitting the woodwork in this edition!
Yeah they really did take the presentation seriously in this game and it shines in the DLC with the pre match theatrics, managers on the touchline and the fans in different costumes too.

Yeah the shots hitting the woodwork a lot seem a bit overkill. Especially when it's more than once in a match. I'm not sure if it's the fact the shooting is a bit weak or give goal keepers are really good or if it's the World Class difficulty i'm playing on but it does seem tricky to score.

Back
Top Bottom