• Note for new users: Please keep your posts English or we will delete them. There's a "No English?" area in our Editing discussion forum for those who prefer writing in their native language.
  • Just a reminder, folks. Make sure the links to your mods and patches are in accordance to our new rules regarding Monetization! Mods and patches breaking them will find their corresponding threads removed without further warning or notice as we see fit! As of the 24/11/2019 we no longer allow any form of Monetization for mods/patches that our members make. For further in detail information please check out the following thread: https://tinyurl.com/wk2llmx By reading and dismissing this notice you hereby accept this policy and agree to its terms. Any violation to this may result in a disciplinary action. Thanks for your attention!

FIFA 18 - PS4/Xbone Discussion Thread

flokiman

Championship
12 January 2012
Fifa 18 was the most smooth FIFA regarding player animation, footplanting, inertia and weight.
Previous FIFAs was clunky and stiff regarding animations. Even FIFA 19 is not that smooth, in order to become more responsive and fast it killed that previous smoothness.
FIFA 18 has small ball model, with very linear physics, no zip in ball trajectory, no curve, no bounce even on most heavily worn pitch. FIFA 17 has much more bounce.

rockstrongo

World Cup Winner
25 August 2006
Sweden
Hammarby
Fifa 18 was the most smooth FIFA regarding player animation, footplanting, inertia and weight.
Previous FIFAs was clunky and stiff regarding animations. Even FIFA 19 is not that smooth, in order to become more responsive and fast it killed that previous smoothness.
FIFA 18 has small ball model, with very linear physics, no zip in ball trajectory, no curve, no bounce even on most heavily worn pitch. FIFA 17 has much more bounce.
I had high hopes for 18,since i liked 17 (bought it around the release of 18) but I couldn't see past that "magnetic defending" (the cheaty AI sliding 2m in front of you and stealing the ball)
Also that game was (still is horrible) when it comes to how the CPU sets up their teams,benching star players etc,Arsenal winning the league in 77p etc.
I know that happened in 17 as well,but it got worse on 18,and still not fixed on 19.
Really poor game Vs 15-16-17.

rockstrongo

World Cup Winner
25 August 2006
Sweden
Hammarby
I compiled some of my extra/leftover recordings into a little montage. Nothing too special, but thought I'd share:

Scrolling through this thread Matt,is that from a console?
Haven't played FIFA 18 in a very long time,gave my copy away when I sold my XB1 last year, actually thinking on getting it again.
Any thoughts Vs FIFA 19?
Which I liked and hated (weird feelings on that game)

Matt10

Champions League
5 February 2004
Scrolling through this thread Matt,is that from a console?
Haven't played FIFA 18 in a very long time,gave my copy away when I sold my XB1 last year, actually thinking on getting it again.
Any thoughts Vs FIFA 19?
Which I liked and hated (weird feelings on that game)
Sorry for delay,mate. It was from a mix of PC and PS4. I did like 18 quite a bit, but 19 I think was much better with the right sliders.

rockstrongo

World Cup Winner
25 August 2006
Sweden
Hammarby
So after playing an absurd amount of Pes 20,I decided to give it a rest,simply because I wanted some other league action.
Went back to my Borussia M Gladbach save,changed the cam to broadcast,closest to stadium on Pes,slowed down the game a bit,and it's a home run for me.
What had deteriorated in Fifa 19 is still here,a patient CPU,a real challenge on broadcast as well.
Really enjoying this game.
Will keep playing it over both 19 and 20 in a heartbeat
Going to give 19 a spin on broadcast cam as well,but this is do much better than I remembered

Top Bottom