FIFA 18 World Cup Add-on - Discussion Thread

Well I'm pleased this is exactly all I wanted after the lackluster support for both 2014 & 2016 tournaments. Just glad they've included stadia & updated strips, although that should be expected. At least I know which game I'm doing a WC series on YouTube now!

in 2010 they had all the teams so you could do a qualifier too ..i think that's the gripe

Road To World Cup 98, FiFA World Cup 2006, 2010 and 2014 had over 100 national teams.

And now we got only 32 teams with few extra teams. This is totally absurd because it's not possible to play qualifiers. Massive downgrade from EA.

Well, this only makes FIFA World Cup 2010 an even more legendary game now. Might have been the last WC game ever to have a FULL World Cup combined with excellent gameplay (2014 was kind of a disappointment), from now on you'll always get a stripped down version of it. I actually believed that 2010 could be an excellent platform to build upon, the game had as much content as you could ask for so the next logical step would be to add more stadiums even for those smaller nations and focus on nailing down each players' attributes and team tactics.

I think though and I am against this massively, the genre has changed. Those games were catered for the single player market with zero after sales ability.

Now, its all about the online sadly with the likes of FUT. The way these companies make money. Its exactly why the update is free, to lure you in to maybe spending a bit more on packs etc.

Konami are just as bad with myclub, but thats a whole different argument for a different thread. After the Euro 16 disaster im just glad we have all the licensed stadia and teams.

Konami are just as bad with myclub, but thats a whole different argument for a different thread. After the Euro 16 disaster im just glad we have all the licensed stadia and teams.

Exactly, thankgod for that and it actually looks half polished. And best of all it's free. I was fully prepared to pay for this so i ain't complaining!

You can apparently also use all licensed national teams from FIFA 18 in the new World Cup mode.

Last edited:
What's the reason why EA decided to release this DLC completely for free?

Do they know that FIFA 18 was/is crappy so they don't want to be audacious charging players for replacing game textures only? I know that they don't listen to us anymore and their projects are getting worse and worse year after year, but who knows? Maybe it's a kind of recompensation we can get and it means they will take fans' opinions into consideration and we gonna get something fresh in October and it won't be FIFA 17.2, but FIFA 19, let's hope.

It's just a DLC, so I would not expect to have 1023 national teams, but having the stadium it's really good thing. I think there cannot be anything worse than we have got in 2016..

I think it's a pitty not only because of reduced teams and modes but on a stand a lone version we would get an insight to 19 gameplay. As it stands it will be 18 gameplay which has been butchered with post Xmas patches

I am happy with this mode. I feared it would only be an Ultimate team gimmick because it was announced to be free. But I see a lot of value in this mode, All stadiums and single player World Cup tournament. I am happy.

I have mix feeling ... Most of images looks like a paint draws. It does not look right

Not sure how having more teams there would help, maybe if it came out a month ago, like it is now I will barely have time to play through the final Tournament a couple of times before the real thing starts.
Also, please have it so that I can pick a team and then the real groups get set up. At that time you should be able to randomize the teams if you wanted. If I have to pick and place every team in the right slot I will go insane.

Road To World Cup 98, FiFA World Cup 2006, 2010 and 2014 had over 100 national teams.

And now we got only 32 teams with few extra teams. This is totally absurd because it's not possible to play qualifiers. Massive downgrade from EA.
The ones you talk about were separate games (by the way, don't mistake FIFA RTWC 98 which had many teams but none with its real kits for World Cup 98 which had less teams but licensed) which you had to pay for, now we have a free DLC.
It's pretty clear that they wouldn't put in a free DLC ask the effort they'd pour into a separate game (for which they would charge us full price).
The lowest point has been EURO 2012 DLC to me: paid, yet blatantly incomplete.

The ones you talk about were separate games (by the way, don't mistake FIFA RTWC 98 which had many teams but none with its real kits for World Cup 98 which had less teams but licensed) which you had to pay for, now we have a free DLC.
It's pretty clear that they wouldn't put in a free DLC ask the effort they'd pour into a separate game (for which they would charge us full price).
The lowest point has been EURO 2012 DLC to me: paid, yet blatantly incomplete.

I know. That's why I wanted a separate game. I wouldn't mind paying full price for a complete game. Atleast FiFA 18 wasn't that bad, so having a DLC here means the gameplay will be responsive unlike FiFA 14.

One could think we can just mod the game to add more teams. But right now its impossible to add extra files in the game. So we cant add more teams in this game, we also can't add real face to anyone with generic face at the moment.

That's why I wanted a separate game.
So do I.
One of my main gaming gripes is having never played the 2010 World Cup game: if this is the way things are going to be from now on (well, they're already like that unfortunately), it looks like the last World Cup game for me will still be 2006... More than a decade ago.
That makes me feel both old and sad.

If you never played it, I strongly recommend you do it - particularly in this day and age where we understand clearly it's just not profitable anymore to make a standalone WC game, so 2010 is not only the pinnacle of WC games but also a rarity becoming...even rarer as the years go by. The game is so good I spent many years playing it - even after the disappointing 2014 release - and still at times I go back to it for yet another WC campaign, though it's been almost a decade since 2010.

So do I.
One of my main gaming gripes is having never played the 2010 World Cup game: if this is the way things are going to be from now on (well, they're already like that unfortunately), it looks like the last World Cup game for me will still be 2006... More than a decade ago.
That makes me feel both old and sad.

Yeah, 2006 was my last world cup game too. I played 2010 and 14 on my friends house few times and 2010 was a good game. I used to play Pes 10 with pesedit's world cup patch instead and man that game looked great.

Because of FUT, we don't have proper world cup game anymore. I thought Battlefront 2's backlash would knock some sense into their heads. But just look at them, looks like EA haven't learn anything and they are still planning to go forward with lootbox.

That means we probably wont get world cup games from now on.

I was about to ask the very same question.
Is there a way for me to play it on Xbox One?
I don't have a 360 and no, I won't be getting it for a single game.

At first I thought all x360 games work on xbox one but I heard that's not the case.

DdfCdFwVMAAGTPv.jpg

DdfCdFYV0AUMI2n.jpg

DdfCdEzU8AA-lmQ.jpg

DdfCG3nVMAE6Z0k.jpg

DdfCG2AVwAALzIe.jpg

DdfCG2XUwAANdL5.jpg

DdfCG3oV0AA1lQ8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom