FIFA 18 World Cup Add-on - Discussion Thread

It seems like todays squad update added some players missing from the preliminary squads. Germany for example now also has Reus and Petersen in its squad.

Yes, Argentina too. But the new players (who are on the actual official squad for the WC) don't even have the miniface photo on the game :facepalm

Sometimes we are all too harsh on Konami. EA does halfass jobs too.

Yes, Argentina too. But the new players (who are on the actual official squad for the WC) don't even have the miniface photo on the game :facepalm

I guess they need to add the new minifaces with another patch.

No Pavon in Argentina? whaat

And why don't have in non-qualified team Bosnia And Herzegovina?

Sure, but at the end of the day the content and quality of EA's game pisses all over Konami's.

How do you solve this?
Me and my lad want to play each other at fifa18 . He uses Alternate and I use custom one.
Trouble is when game starts we are both Alternate.
I go in change to custom one - and it changes his to custom one and then vice Versa!!
How do we go about having our own settings. Cheers

One thing i noticed from this update headers seem to be fixed, where it always looked like a headed goal came of the wrong player or never actually touched your players head it seems different now.

For the actual roster, you need to wait... I mean, all the teams haven't already make their 23 players for the WC.
I dont understand why do you complain about it. I tried, and having some new stadiums is cool, and the (visual) atmosphere too. But i agree about commentary and especially chants

For free.99 I ain't complaining this goal is trash honestly but I was captured in the moment I was spinning my right stick around to take in the stadium ambience crowd noise and player sounds and all it felt a too little real. This mode has injected new life in the game as I am only a career mode player I still have not made it past preseason in Alex Hunters story.( I feel 2K does it better ). I said I would only buy FIFA every two years but with all the lipstick EA is putting on the pig with this free dlc if they freak out the champions league license like they can and should I will buy19 . Gameplay has that tried and true formula EA has been sticking too Since WC10 SA with a more slow methodical build up as well. EA will never show the international game the love it deserves. As far as variety of TEAMS, faces, chants, tactics etc. This mode however is a step in the right direction.

Last edited:
Finally started a WC Series :BOP:

Catch the "Mouth-Watering" Opening fixture of the World Cup, Can the hosts Mother Russia triumph above The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia? Then it's Salah vs Suarez, as Egypt take on Uruguay.

Interesting that GamesRadar's review talks about gameplay changes (specifically AI), when I'm feeling none whatsoever.

AI improvements are noticeable too, in particular the variety in opposition approaches – a longstanding issue for FIFA, where you see little strategic difference between Manchester City, Millwall and Macclesfield Town [amen brother].

Spain, for instance, look to pass rather than hoof every goal kick, and almost never whip the ball into the box at a corner, instead going short to David Silva or Iniesta in order to build possession. That kind of detail is easier to implement for 32 national teams than 700 club ones, but the fact it’s at last high on the developer’s priorities list is a big positive, and bodes well for FIFA 19.

I see differences too, but it's something different. It looks like first touch error is (finally) more prominent also for CPU-controlled teams. It makes playing with manual controls a little less frustrating at least (currently playing a World Cup with the USA, against World Class AI, and enjoying it so far).

Honestly i didn't think there is any game play improvements that anyone who claims to be experiencing improvements are just influenced by the infamous placebo?

Episode 2 is HERE

European Champions Portugal take on former World Champions Spain.

Can Ronaldo's men prove the Euro's wasn't a fluke?
Can Spain return to former glory?

I have only got third place so far with Iceland but I have never seen/heard anything resembling the viking chant.

There doesn't seem to be any team specific chants, the only sound I noticed different is when you score.

And the commentary has 2 different lines, when playing in the group stages.
Then the teams seem to have their own specific line used at the start of every game when you reach the knockouts.

I also had a pretty entertaining WC Final.

Last edited:
Episode 3 IS HERE!

France, one of the favourites to lift the Cup and boast one of the strongest squads in this competition.
How will they fare against Asian Champions Australia?

Episode 4 IS HERE!
Considerably the first David v Goliath clash of this World Cup, 2014 Runners up Argentina challenge Debutantes Iceland who are capable of giant killing after eliminating England in the Euros 2 years earlier.

Just wondering, but is there a way that I can get all 12 players on the bench for selection during the match? Or am I stuck with those 7 only? World Cup is different from leagues and all on the bench can be selected to come on...sucks when I have an injury to a sub and can't put my 3rd choice in...

Just wondering, but is there a way that I can get all 12 players on the bench for selection during the match? Or am I stuck with those 7 only? World Cup is different from leagues and all on the bench can be selected to come on...sucks when I have an injury to a sub and can't put my 3rd choice in...

Unfortunately not, it's a programming issue. It's one of the cons of the game being free DLC, it's pretty much and extra mode with skins rather than a re-coded expansion.

Just wondering, but is there a way that I can get all 12 players on the bench for selection during the match?
FUT only allows you to bring 7 players to the bench.
Being the entire World Cup DLC only a nice wrapping for the only content they really cared about (the FUT World Cup cards), they thought well to have us follow the FUT rules also during the "normal" World Cup mode.

Back
Top Bottom