FIFA 19 Demo Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure I can judge much because I can't pick slow speed. Did they remove it this time or was it always like this? I don't recall it being a problem before.

Was the same in the FIFA 18 demo, could only play on normal speed then. Don't know how it was before that.

I tried a game on full manual on professional just now - enjoyed it loads! Feels way more organic, of course. And it's definitely a lot easier than on FIFA 18. Had two shots on goal, but struggled overall. Very enjoyable though.

Played a few hours more last night.

It’s so odd because of the faster pace it reminds me of PES6, just feels like anything is possible like that game too.

The contextual animations are fantastic and I’ve not scored the same type of goal twice, genuinely feels like a different game altogether than 18, not just small tweaks, I enjoyed my time with pes19 until I played this and I don’t really want to go back to it now as I find it embarrassing what they’ve done/not done in a year.

Can’t wait to play the full game next weekend

The best camera setting broadcasting with zoom out? What seeting do you use?

Pro cam maximum zoom in. It feels like you are on the pitch... except in your own defensive third it feels like someone takes you for a tour in helicopter. I never understood why EA implemented that height change in the pro cam.

Guess he got a lot of stick, interesting comment from him on Twitter:

I think it's mostly down to his inflection. With that said, my girlfriend is French and she thought they way he pronounced Griezmann was extremely odd.

Played more today and scored a beautiful break away goal to equalise late on against Real Madrid. I got a rare break outside my penalty box and managed to make a couple of short, quick passes to find space. Sent the winger away and I could feel the rising panic in the Real team as I ran at their box and squared it for Dybala to smash it in. Felt so so authentic.

Agree.
Still all the reasons you summed up why the game is acceptable are the same ones you used to when saying that they were unacceptable for a game like PES and a company as big as KONAMI
So you should be consistent in the way you argue wouldn't you say?
Forgive me, but where have I been inconsistent?

I tried a game on full manual on professional just now - enjoyed it loads! Feels way more organic, of course. And it's definitely a lot easier than on FIFA 18. Had two shots on goal, but struggled overall. Very enjoyable though.
Top! Keep it up! Try to work on your manual... it’s worth it, imo.
And yes. I felt 19 was easier than 18. I won all my matches on my preferred difficulty (professional)!

okay i'm being lazy here asking for a direct answer rather than research...

in fifa 15 there was a defending mechanic where you would hold LT and RT to contain and then (I think) release one of the buttons to make a tackle.

if i'm coming from fifa 15, what should i be choosing - legacy or tactical defending?

i think its legacy and i think i just suck - can't get a shot off against charlton and having difficulty keeping ball in opponent half (fifa 18)

lost to charlton AET and my hands frickin hurt cos i don't know what the hell i'm pressing - feels like street fighter

Edit so after playing F18 I went to F19 demo - I had a few more chances but still a frustrating experience.

Then I went to PES 18 and I lost but at least I knew what I was doing.

I think F19 looks a good game if you are in tune with frostbite engine but I think I've become too accustomed to FOX engine. This isn't a bad thing but konami really dropped the ball this year and let down a lot of people

Last edited:
okay i'm being lazy here asking for a direct answer rather than research...

in fifa 15 there was a defending mechanic where you would hold LT and RT to contain and then (I think) release one of the buttons to make a tackle.

if i'm coming from fifa 15, what should i be choosing - legacy or tactical defending?

i think its legacy and i think i just suck - can't get a shot off against charlton and having difficulty keeping ball in opponent half (fifa 18)

lost to charlton AET and my hands frickin hurt cos i don't know what the hell i'm pressing - feels like street fighter

Edit so after playing F18 I went to F19 demo - I had a few more chances but still a frustrating experience.

Then I went to PES 18 and I lost but at least I knew what I was doing.

I think F19 looks a good game if you are in tune with frostbite engine but I think I've become too accustomed to FOX engine. This isn't a bad thing but konami really dropped the ball this year and let down a lot of people

If you want easy defending like in PES where you hold one button to heat-seek the ball and then hold a second button to bring in another player to do the same then you are looking for Legacy defending.

You can only use this offline in FIFA however as Tactical defending is the only option is playing online. It is worth learning to use Tactical approach as it feels far more rewarding although makes defending as much of a skill as attacking.

You can only use this offline in FIFA however as Tactical defending is the only option is playing online. It is worth learning to use Tactical approach as it feels far more rewarding although makes defending as much of a skill as attacking.

Thank you. This line alone probably will save me hours of frustration. I don't play online but if ever I wanted to I would be absolutely gutted to find out I had to learn a new system.

I will switch to tactical from tomorrow onwards and see how it goes. :SAL:

Quick video of some of the more interesting bits from my session last night. I suppose the main thing I wanted to showcase was how the inertia/momentum of the defenders has improved greatly over FIFA 18. This makes minimalistic dribbling viable again. They'll lunge in flat footed, you can leave them for dead with a quick burst of pace, and sometimes they'll even end up on their bum. It's not perfect, but a definite improvement over last year. Robben is an absolute dream to use.

Been playing with everything on manual except for assisted shooting (as I get used to timed finishing). Might leave the latter on assisted, we'll see. Anyway, I've been enjoying myself quite a bit. Looking forward to next Thursday!

EDIT: Also love how the keeper attempted to readjust his hands once the shot took a deflection. Nice touch.

This game is PES 7
Jesus Christ is not Pes 7, 5 and 6. Its FIFA 19. FIFA and Pes are totally different games in many aspects. This kind compere like FIFA is Pes and Pes is Fifa is ridiculous.People love Fifa becuse they love this kind of style and the same with Pes. FIFA created they own style and its different than Pes style.

I would like this game to have online manual/level filters to return my interest in online gaming.

Anyways a FULLY WORKING OUT-OF-THE-BOX game will restore a bit of my lost confidence in gaming.

Yes its probably minimal improvements from 18 but at least they (hopefully) won't release something half-baked like PES. Having put so much faith in PES over the years with my purchases, the problems I hear with their product really let me down.

The FIFA demo demonstrates how much effort in chants/acquiring licenses/presentation can have on the gaming experience - which, at the end of the day, is about feeling GOOD.

Some of you F18 owners have commented F19 feels better. Once agains, its a demo and I won't trust it fully so it'll be a case of waiting a week or two in to see what my decision is on Fifa.

After hating my Fifa 15 experience, To be even considering an early-release non-discounted FIFA buy just shows me how bad PES let me down. Smh.

more manual vids by people skilled in Fifa please!! :)

@DarthKebab makes a good point I think.

I was playing this against a friend yesterday and he said ' This reminds me of an old PES game. '

I think it as well....its too fast, without a doubt. But put it down to SLOW on full version and I'm happy as a pig in poo.

I like how much more freedom you have with the players compared to the other stiff game....I like how unpreditable the CPU is as well.

played 2 games , lost 3-1 with roma v juve then lost 2-1 with dortmund v bayern on world class , happy enough with the game for this coming year so just deleted the demo and booked the early release digital copy

oh for anyone feeling the old pes magic heres the pes 6 camera settings im using

tele broadcast
height 12
zoom 3

Enjoy!

Seen a lot of people moaning about the ball physics (again.) I honestly think the physics are absolutely spot on compared to Fifa 16. I'm still loving it.

so having gone all in with a manual start to fifa 18 i still am not clicking. i'm changing settings to :

trainer : show
auto switching : air balls (from none)
auto switching move assistance : low (from none)
pass : manual
through ball : manual
shot : manual
cross : manual
lob : manual
save : semi
analog sprint : on
defending : tactical (from legacy)

Edit : just tried the passing skill game and got a "D"...so i think i know where i'm going wrong

Last edited:
Seen a lot of people moaning about the ball physics (again.) I honestly think the physics are absolutely spot on compared to Fifa 16. I'm still loving it.

The ball physics do seem quite a bit improved. I think the problem comes when you've been playing PES 2019 these last few weeks, going to FIFA is a bit of a cold shower when it comes to the ball physics and player models.

Someone mentioned that it feels like the ball is moving along ice. When I first read that I was like bullshit, what an exaggeration. But then I played the demo and after playing PES these past weeks, I could totally see what the person was talking about.

The ball physics I think are improved but passing and shooting just isn't nearly the satisfying experience that is in PES, and I'd guess that's why you hear so much criticism.

shooting just isn't nearly the satisfying experience that is in PES, and I'd guess that's why you hear so much criticism.

Depends on your tastes, I suppose. I haven't enjoyed shooting/scoring in PES since PES 2013 (with Yair/Jenkey's tools to make it less floaty). That's been one of my biggest bugbears in recent years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom