FIFA 19 Demo Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what's bothering me about this demo is it feels like the most arcade version of FIFA in a long time. The hyper responsive animations with player movement means that realistic physics matter the least I can remember. And while there's a nice amount of error, it feels so random and arbitrary. Then of course first time shots and passing is too easy, while all the new volley flicks are just silly.

It's disappointing because they've done quite a lot to add more realism to the game but clearly they gave in to all the past complaints that players weren't responsive enough and turned too slowly.

I think what's bothering me about this demo is it feels like the most arcade version of FIFA in a long time. The hyper responsive animations with player movement means that realistic physics matter the least I can remember. And while there's a nice amount of error, it feels so random and arbitrary. Then of course first time shots and passing is too easy, while all the new volley flicks are just silly.

It's disappointing because they've done quite a lot to add more realism to the game but clearly they gave in to all the past complaints that players weren't responsive enough and turned too slowly.
I agree, I've never experienced the ping-pong passing like that before. Not saying it's necessarily worse than other years but I've never seen it ao frequently.

I'm just happy in the knowledge that I can change all of this myself using the sliders. I can make the game more to my liking which is always going to be a selling point.

does anyone know how to use a team sheet created on the main FIFA 18 dash in the career mode section.

SPent ages making that Spurs team sheet on the dash and now I go into career mode I have to do all this again?

Can’t stop playing this demo.

So many varied goals from both me and the CPU.

Already in love with tactics system. 4-2-3-1 works best for me, with the number 10 set to ‘float around’. Overlapping fullbacks. One DMF always stays back and I select ‘cover wide’ to cover for my marauding full backs!

I love this.....

What difficulty and settings are you using?

Someone on operation sports forum says the demo is pre-gamescom and is dated Aug 17!

Yeah, it's been said a few places. Sliders and all that though, will make the game quite malleable.

i'll be honest, i've played this a bit more recently. Despite my instant reaction being positive, i've really seen it in it's worst light. the ping pongy tiki taka, the pace seems incredibly fast all of a sudden and the shot power is more over the top than in PES....

can you lower shot power and game pace in sliders on FIFA?
increase first touch error in full game, it helps.

Last edited:
Someone on operation sports forum says the demo is pre-gamescom and is dated Aug 17!

Funny reading this in a Fifa topic. Usually it's Pes that we make jokes about code completion.

What i'm trying to say is there is no way this demo and the final game will be drastically different, they will be mostly the same. If anything i expect the pace to be even higher with patches because EA tends to make casual gamers happy and casual gamers don't want a reasonable pace in a football game.

i was playing a friend at my place last night. 2 matches with the demo on fuma.
what drove us nuts was the time it takes to fill the power bar in fuma. i mentioned that when playing against the AI in the demo. in a 2 player human vs. human match it really comes to light. we had soooo many lost balls and confusion in midfield because the power bar was filling that slow. it was really bad! no fun at all...
in the full game i can set the power bar to fill up faster, right!?

Funny reading this in a Fifa topic. Usually it's Pes that we make jokes about code completion.

What i'm trying to say is there is no way this demo and the final game will be drastically different, they will be mostly the same. If anything i expect the pace to be even higher with patches because EA tends to make casual gamers happy and casual gamers don't want a reasonable pace in a football game.
I feel pretty confident there are plenty of "casual gamers" (aka: people that have lives) who enjoy a reasonable pace in a football game. This game has gone through a beta and potentially a longer development period than the other game, so I expect it will be better tuned than the demo. Also, there'll be a slow game speed option in the final game.

I feel pretty confident there are plenty of "casual gamers" (aka: people that have lives) who enjoy a reasonable pace in a football game. This game has gone through a beta and potentially a longer development period than the other game, so I expect it will be better tuned than the demo. Also, there'll be a slow game speed option in the final game.

Have you forgotten what happened last years with EA releasing patches that sped up the pace of the game soon after the full game release? I was talking about that.

Have you forgotten what happened last years with EA releasing patches that sped up the pace of the game soon after the full game release? I was talking about that.

Easily fixable on PC!
I didn't suffer too many of those setbacks last year. You just needed to keep a Backup of the version you liked the most, so when the game needed to update, you could always go back to it.

One thing I noticed in demo is that the ball never wants to go out of play for a goal kick from an over hit pass. No matter how hard I pass the ball it slows down way to quick enabling me to get a cross in.

One thing I noticed in demo is that the ball never wants to go out of play for a goal kick from an over hit pass. No matter how hard I pass the ball it slows down way to quick enabling me to get a cross in.

Yeah I mentioned this before. EA needs to be told about this .

Closing this thread now folks, now that the early access is out and there's confusion between what people are playing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom