FIFA 19 Demo Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redhat

Premiership
16 June 2007
US
Manchester United
Downloaded the PC demo in a matter of minutes. I'M GOING IN, BOYS. I'M CAUTIOUSLY OPTIMISTIC.

*please don't be bad*

One game down, enjoying it thus far. Build up play seems better, my midfield are not being completely bypassed.

The game just feels a little more 'intelligent'. It's not leaps ahead of 18 but I never expected it to be.

Pace feels fine to me.

That freakin psn store drives me nuts right now! :SHAKE:
Be it uk, ger or whatever store... they all have probs. Guess it’s down to all the “addicts” downloading...
First world probs. ;)
Guess I have another beer and relax looking forward to download the demo.

Cheers. :BEER:

Edit: even via web browser it’s not possible to dl. Hm..
Guess that is speaking volumes...

Last edited:
I also had problems logging into PSstore on my PS4. But i got it to work by logging into Playstation store on my PC and add Fifa 19 demo to my library, then i turned on PS4 and went to library and could download it from there.

It's too easy again, isn't it? :P

I take that back. Beat Roma 2-1 with Spurs, outplayed them the first half, but they came back in the second. Really tough match. Scored a great volley with Son. Really good first match.

Passing feels better, defensive opposition ai feels way better, as well as their attack. They actually seem to be a bit clever. New 50/50 system feels good too. Promising!

Now to get the kid in bed before the next game. :)

Wish i could understand what they did with player movimentation after changing the engine. Players seem to be "skating" and not running. Shooting from AI looks too much "guided" for me, or is just the ball fisics, dont know.

Didnt like so far. Its funny how the game is amazing outside the pitch and seems messy when the match starts.

This new engine is really not for me. Miss you FIFA 16 hahaa

Poor in what sense? Animations?

It sounds more like weak LOD or graphics in general. But it’s normal. Good thing it might be easily fixed on PC. It’s the first thing community starts modding fifa of - improving LOD.

I’ll play a few hours this evening. But I’m not hyped at all after what I’ve seen on YT. But it was same last year when I played demo 2 hours in total, but then enjoyed the full game indeed. It’s not even point to watch YT kids playing any footy game and judge the product by those FUT playing style videos.

Is the ball’s size finally fixed then?

One game. Beat Tottenham 3-0 with Bayern on legendary.

Well.. Have to play some more.

Some thoughts:

- AI seems to be far better than in PES at the moment. Tottenham did actually play more tiki-takaish.. A lot of combinations.

- Much more noise at the stadium. At that area PES feels like a trip to church.

- The graphics isn't that good (normal ps4) . PES is really beautiful actually.

- For me it's as easy as always. Didn't feel that challenged.

- The ball physics is not a free as in PES. I still think it's quite easy to ping pong pass.

- The tempo is fine for me.

My back four are defending by themselves without me having to change player 15 times a second, it's actually quite strange to not to have to do it.

Seems to be individuality between players as well like the stats are actually working. That's something for me that's always been lacking in FIFA.

Derek Rae's vocabulary is majorly limited. There's also the same weird graphics in cut scenes from the beta. I think it's meant to be sweat, but it looks like they're made out of plastic.

Last edited:
Yep. I played PES last night and can’t stand the match atmosphere. Actually, lack of atmosphere. It’s not the right time and place to start complaining, but it kills the game off.

One game. Beat Tottenham 3-0 with Bayern on legendary.

Well.. Have to play some more.

Some thoughts:

- AI seems to be far better than in PES at the moment. Tottenham did actually play more tiki-takaish.. A lot of combinations.

- Much more noise at the stadium. At that area PES feels like a trip to church.

- The graphics isn't that good (normal ps4) . PES is really beautiful actually.

- For me it's as easy as always. Didn't feel that challenged.

- The ball physics is not a free as in PES. I still think it's quite easy to ping pong pass.

- The tempo is fine for me.

Well.. Game two. Tried to be Roma against Real Madrid. A game where there should be a massive difference. And there were !

Lost 4-1 and it have never felt so good. Was completely destroyed. Maybe not in possession and shots, but I was constantly challenged.

In the second half I tried to adjust to a more offensive approach. It did change the game as I got Madrid back on their own half.. But without making a real difference.

This game is awful. It does not represent real football the way PES can.

Good Points

Atmosphere
Responsive compared to PES
Shooting
Commentary (although talk too much)

Bad Points

Gameplay is not like real football
Volleys and first time shots still strange
Players all gather round the ball like school kids
Very Dull graphics
Gameplay graphics very poor overall
Player models look awful in gameplay cam
Default gameplay speed much faster than PES
Net physics more like steel cage
Pitch no detail like Fifa 14,15,16
Lukaku see below

20180913_172855.jpg

Very disappointing, PES 19 is a far better FOOTBALL game. I am sure the kids will still love this though as it's very easy to play and you don't need to think.

This game is awful. It does not represent real football the way PES can.

Good Points

Atmosphere
Responsive compared to PES
Shooting
Commentary (although talk too much)

Bad Points

Gameplay is not like real football
Volleys and first time shots still strange
Players all gather round the ball like school kids
Very Dull graphics
Gameplay graphics very poor overall
Player models look awful in gameplay cam
Default gameplay speed much faster than PES
Net physics more like steel cage
Pitch no detail like Fifa 14,15,16
Lukaku see below

20180913_172855.jpg

Very disappointing, PES 19 is a far better FOOTBALL game. I am sure the kids will still love this though as it's very easy to play and you don't need to think.
What a load of hyperbole

I wasn’t keen on Fifa 19 beta but this post just smacks of “I am not even going to attempt to like this demo”

Pitch details are fine...don’t understand that comment for a start

What a load of hyperbole

I wasn’t keen on Fifa 19 beta but this post just smacks of “I am not even going to attempt to like this demo”

Pitch details are fine...don’t understand that comment for a start
I have preferred Fifa for the last 9 years or more why would I not want to "attempt to like demo"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom