FIFA 19 Demo Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fully agree.

I complained about the ball not bouncing on ground passes. Looks ugly in vids.
But i must say, when playing the game i don't notice it.
I'm sure it's still there, but i don't see it when playing which is a good thing.

Has someone experienced an old grass problem? grass is not 3D like in fifa 18 ... two files will be inserted to main folder and patch folder and the grass is 3D .... here at the demo of Fifa 19 this does not work. Is there any solution?

I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but the new fake shot system (X+O or whatever) is awesome!
It's like in the old PES games or even better. It's cuts inside or outside a lot better. It's edgy. Sharper. Hard to explain. Love it.

It's a godsend. The fake shot system in FIFA had been terrible for years. It used to look so unnatural (players slightly hunched over) and you'd exit at odd angles. Not that it didn't work, but it wasn't as effective as it could have been. Have you tried L1 + fake shot? It opens up your body more. It's beautiful.

Last edited:
Can’t stop playing this demo.

So many varied goals from both me and the CPU.

Already in love with tactics system. 4-2-3-1 works best for me, with the number 10 set to ‘float around’. Overlapping fullbacks. One DMF always stays back and I select ‘cover wide’ to cover for my marauding full backs!

I love this.....

so with PES I've always has that need to get in early to start getting GP early. The last FUT I played was 15.

whilst I possibly won't touch online, i'd like to know is there any incentive to getting F19 early (or am I good to play F18 til a discount comes round)? e.g. daily Fifa coins?

so with PES I've always has that need to get in early to start getting GP early. The last FUT I played was 15.

whilst I possibly won't touch online, i'd like to know is there any incentive to getting F19 early (or am I good to play F18 til a discount comes round)? e.g. daily Fifa coins?

Depends on how hardcore you are with investing/flipping players. Beyond that, FUT isn't like myClub where they front-load you with copious amounts of currency or guaranteed high rated players. More to the point, it doesn't have generous login bonuses upon release (unless they've miraculously altered their approach for FIFA 19).

The new Division Rivals mode (which replaces FUT Seasons and is how you qualify for the Weekend League) is a tier based system and seems to have decent weekly rewards even if you don't advance very far. It might be easier to get decent results early on when everyone is playing and the less skilled players haven't been weeded out yet. Who knows.

Depends on how hardcore you are with investing/flipping players. Beyond that, FUT isn't like myClub where they front-load you with copious amounts of currency or guaranteed high rated players. More to the point, it doesn't have generous login bonuses upon release (unless they've miraculously altered their approach for FIFA 19).

The new Division Rivals mode (which replaces FUT Seasons and is how you qualify for the Weekend League) is a tier based system and seems to have decent weekly rewards even if you don't advance very far. It might be easier to get decent results early on when everyone is playing and the less skilled players haven't been weeded out yet. Who knows.

This. And that usually players are cheaper in the beginning, so you could potentially get a head start.

Like @Redhat said, just depends on how hardcore you want to be about it. If you're really into FUT, there's definitely a pretty big advantage to play the market as early as possible. It's why you see people flipping out on twitter right now because some shops have broken the street date, giving a few lucky peeps an unfair advantage.

so i have F18 on XB1 and the demo made me play that more BUT then I come back to the demo on PS4 and the demo feels slicker than 18.

i can't tell if its cos i've applied sliders to F18 or whether its the different controller or whether its the champs league setting or the pitch colours but F19 feels nice to play - an updated pes 2013? perhaps - i need to play more.

lolol....i just worked out what it is --- my controller config got reset to assisted and AI is amatuer. doh! beat man city 4-0 and thought i was good.

anyways even tho i think EA suck big time, i'm still considering an early purchase...it'll probably rest on whether manual matchmaking is doable online

Last edited:
Love the demo, but for the life of me I don't understand why EA can't see that the ball is too small. It annoys the piss out of me. Would be better if they brought back the sound of the ball being kicked too.

Love the demo, but for the life of me I don't understand why EA can't see that the ball is too small. It annoys the piss out of me. Would be better if they brought back the sound of the ball being kicked too.

I wouldn't worry about that. Like @Nisoley said, the demo build predates the beta. They didn't alter the size of the ball until after the beta (for their hands on events in Europe). Come release, the ball will be larger.

Was playing as Bayern Munich tonight and man city played the long ball through to sterling in plenty of space ahead of him and before I knew what was happening and without any input from me Manuel neuer appeared way out his box as sweeper keeper and had possession of the ball.
Player individualality?
Anyone noticed anything like that?

This. And that usually players are cheaper in the beginning, so you could potentially get a head start.

Like @Redhat said, just depends on how hardcore you want to be about it. If you're really into FUT, there's definitely a pretty big advantage to play the market as early as possible. It's why you see people flipping out on twitter right now because some shops have broken the street date, giving a few lucky peeps an unfair advantage.
Surely the servers aren't live yet?

The more I play the demo the more I'm annoyed we can't adjust the game speed. So annoying.
Even with camera panned right out this game is way to fast for me on normal.
Players feel very light as well .
The tactics are excellent. Love having a holding midfielder finally holding.

The more I play the demo the more I'm annoyed we can't adjust the game speed. So annoying.
Even with camera panned right out this game is way to fast for me on normal.

Cancel your preorder then play someone who buys the full game to make sure you are happy with the game speed?

Personally I don't have a problem with the speed - it is just very responsive. Good reactions are everything.

One thing I see is still there from the beta is that the game will auto tap in the ball if there is a rebound. Yesterday I had a chance where it fell to me and I decided I want going to score it but just keep the ball a bit longer but the game converted the rebound for me. That's a new thing since FIFA 18 so hopefully that gets removed!

Cancel your preorder then play someone who buys the full game to make sure you are happy with the game speed?

Personally I don't have a problem with the speed - it is just very responsive. Good reactions are everything.

One thing I see is still there from the beta is that the game will auto tap in the ball if there is a rebound. Yesterday I had a chance where it fell to me and I decided I want going to score it but just keep the ball a bit longer but the game converted the rebound for me. That's a new thing since FIFA 18 so hopefully that gets removed!

What? Why wouldn't you want to score a tap in?

i'll be honest, i've played this a bit more recently. Despite my instant reaction being positive, i've really seen it in it's worst light. the ping pongy tiki taka, the pace seems incredibly fast all of a sudden and the shot power is more over the top than in PES....

can you lower shot power and game pace in sliders on FIFA?

i'll be honest, i've played this a bit more recently. Despite my instant reaction being positive, i've really seen it in it's worst light. the ping pongy tiki taka, the pace seems incredibly fast all of a sudden and the shot power is more over the top than in PES....

can you lower shot power and game pace in sliders on FIFA?

yep.
Headers are mental on this. From a corner my centre half on the 6 yard box headed to just past the halfway line.

@Chris Davies saw one of your latest tweets an hour ago. that tiki taki speedfest you posted! it just looks disgusting! i'm with you.
can't wait to test the retail; seen a lot of comments on how it differs to the demo in a good way(build wise).
i need my test environment to be "slow speed" and 20 min matches (probably some os sliders). other than that, i can't test it in detail.
and man, how i like the presentation part of the game in the demo! its soooo good! it really is!

Fuck!
I'm going to have to get Origin Premier Access now because of that video.
some awesome animations here!
i like how that post on the ground, holding down the net, gets up when the ball strikes the net! minor detail looking stunning, imo!
and: animations on its own (so only one when taking a free kick) look really nice. i guess its down to "stiching" them together... what makes these animations sometimes look really bad as a whole.
the astmosphere, as said by the majority, seems brilliant! :ROCK:

Scoring from long shots in FIFA 19 is so enjoyable... Like, it actually had me shouting it out loud.
At least for me, because I don't find it easy to score from distance this year, so when I eventually do.... it feels very rewarding.

Wish they would fix the short passing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom