FIFA 19 Discussion (PC Version)

I might release something in the next weeks. There's more tweaking to do and one bug to quash before I am really happy. It's very time consuming, especially as patches and locale.ini tweaks can require slider re-adjustments too.

I also agree with mfmaxpower's train of thought, that a great game of FIFA is highly individual and will never be found by consensus. There are so many variables I think it's best to tweak the game oneself. It might be worth starting a community thread documenting locale.ini tweaks that each of us understand, so that others can pick and choose what they want.

For anyone who likes to tinker with sliders, and has time on their hands, I encourage them to experiment with locale.ini themselves. You can take someone else's locale.ini, like Paul's or Fidel's and begin by just using the lines that sound interesting to you from their file, adding them to your locale.ini. Test and repeat, documenting changes you notice in gameplay and AI.

There is a lot of tweaking under the hood possible, that I really wish were sliders in game. It's clear that EA could release a ton of extra sliders. I wish they would, but I can partially understand why they don't.

1. It would be of no interest to those who play FUT and want standardized gameplay for competition online.
2. It would further irritate those already complaining they just want to a great game 'out of the box'.
3. It would make obvious that significant changes to gameplay, effectively refreshing the game, can be achieved with trivial tweaks to a few variables, reducing the incentive for people to buy new versions of FIFA.

Given those things perhaps we can still be grateful that all the extra tweaks are hidden under the hood for dedicated and patient PC players only. Who knows? Perhaps some coding guru will release an injector to change these variables in game in real time?

I had a great time after yesterday's update for PC (which you can check HERE btw) with THIS set of Sliders (with some extreme modifications that suit me better) and a Tweaked Locale.ini, playing on WORLD CLASS, SLOW GAME SPEED.
Somehow it felt a lot like FIFA 16 for me yesterday night. I stayed up until 3AM.... imagine how good I looked this morning at work at 8AM.

Hopefully tonight it will still feel the same way, fingers crossed.

Must say the game feels really solid for me too as of now.

I'm just doing friendlies and Cups.
Krebstar sliders (slowly getting used to high shot error)+ a locale.ini (no idea how much of a difference it makes) and I'm having genuine fun. Midfield not-boring battles, variety, and man those shoots. I can't remember having this fun with shooting since Pes 11/12 I think. Here a simple goal I just did that gave me the good vibe:

It felt random (in a good fashion). It felt like the keeper really couldn't do much and so remained still. I generally feel like they completely nailed this fundamental this year, most of the time I attempt a conclusion something plausible and different comes from it.

Not much more to say. I'm not playing very often (not much will to play in general) but I'm starting to think this is a good product. I'm tired of adding the usual "despite this and despite that".
The game to me is fun and that's just all.

Anyone have an idea of what lines in the locale relate to fouls?

There are quite a few.
However, if you're talking about Fidel's mod, the Database files and the Squads file are also very important, because he tweaked many settings of the players in order to change their gravity center, aggressiveness, etc.

Yesterday I had a game in which I got about 5 fouls from the AI, and they ended up with two yellow card and a red one.

Not all games have a massive impact on fouls, but I'd say... 3 out 6 games.

There are quite a few.
However, if you're talking about Fidel's mod, the Database files and the Squads file are also very important, because he tweaked many settings of the players in order to change their gravity center, aggressiveness, etc.

Yesterday I had a game in which I got about 5 fouls from the AI, and they ended up with two yellow card and a red one.

Not all games have a massive impact on fouls, but I'd say... 3 out 6 games.

The problem is his DB massively butchers players so they're incapable of staying up under a challenge, yes it makes it so there's more fouls but for me it's far too blunt of a fix.

The problem is his DB massively butchers players so they're incapable of staying up under a challenge, yes it makes it so there's more fouls but for me it's far too blunt of a fix.

I think you're exaggerating a little there mate. I have experienced many many many challenges, shoulder to shoulder, shirt-pulling, etc in which my player kept the ball and didn't fall. Plus, even if it was like you're describing, I'd take that anyday over having no fouls at all. It is more bearable to me. But it's just a matter of tastes.

matter of tastes.

Absolutely.

Doesn't his DB significantly reduce player values because of the way it lowers the stats? Doesn't work for me. Personally whilst I wish there were more I'd rather cope with the minimal amount of them than "fix" it the way Fidel does, but more power to him and others who're happy with that method :)

Absolutely.

Doesn't his DB significantly reduce player values because of the way it lowers the stats? Doesn't work for me. Personally whilst I wish there were more I'd rather cope with the minimal amount of them than "fix" it the way Fidel does, but more power to him and others who're happy with that method :)

I honestly haven't noticed any real impact on the game. All the team I played with felt more or less the same. Like, literally. Dribbling, Passing, Shotting, Sprinting, etc.
Did you feel any real differences regarding stats?

I haven't tried his DB because in the past when I tried it it gave every player 5-10 traits which to me starts removing the player individuality, maybe I'm using the wrong one, if the one you're using doesn't lower player values but increases the amount of fouls I should definitely give it a try. Planning to start a new CM in January after my club's been asset stripped in the January window.

Last edited:
I haven't tried his DB because in the past when I tried it it gave every player 5-10 traits which to me starts removing the player individuality, maybe I'm using the wrong one, if the one you're using doesn't lower player values but increases the amount of fouls I should definitely give it a try. Planning to start a new CM in January after my club's been asset stripped in the January window.

Back up your files (it takes less than two minutes), then remove your Squads File, your Settings, your Locale.ini, and copy Fidel files. Have a fresh start. Then, let me know. You've got nothing to lose.

If you don't like it after 5-10 games, just revert your backup and that's it mate.

Have they fixed the lack of live form updates forcing summer weather? Or the lack of high-vis winter balls on PC?

Is there a way on the Locale.ini to not have the tifo's, mosaics? It's pretty weird having it when I'm about to play Frosinone in the first round of the cup lol. Would be nice to deactivate.

It's probably these:

FORCE_FAN_FLAGS=1
FORCE_ALL_REGIONALIZATION_PROPS=1
FORCE_REGIONALIZATION_COLOR=8
FORCE_INFLATABLES=1
FORCE_INTRO_CONFETTI=0
FORCE_TEAM_BANNERS=1
FORCE_FLAME_STANCHION=0
FORCE_PITCH_ADS=0
FORCE_GOAL_ADS=0

Set them to 0 and see if it removes it.

Thanks Majuh for answering both my questions. Forgive my bad English. Does anyone know if EA/FIFA team have even acknowledged those issues or should be re-tweeting them?

The lack of attention to PC and its total absence of editing possibilities mean I haven't been able to enjoy it as much lately. Back to the other game for now.

Back
Top Bottom