FIFA 19 Discussion (PC Version)

Yes, on pc.
Seems to work in tournament mode (I'm playing an EPL season as Palace), but not in kick off mode. I haven't tried in CM.
Odd...

Oooh finally, didn't think it was ever going to happen, shame it's taken so long again but of course it's a huge amount of work and somehow getting even harder with each version of Fifa.

I really hope we can import new faces going forward. EA are notoriously bad at adding/updating them.

Is it possible to slow the game down on PC, beyond turning the game speed down (like on console)?

Or is it impossible as things stand?

The one major issue I have on console is that I can't slow it down more (beyond playing with the sliders, which doesn't slow the animation and general ball physics down).

Would it be an INI thing? Or has it been proven that those changes don't work any more?

locale.ini changes do work in PC version

I have noticed that changing Passing Speed sliders adjusts the animation speed up or down for whoever is in possession (AI & human). Slowing AI Passing Speed makes AI a lot easier, for example, because they have less time on the ball to move it with their footwork and dispose of it under pressure.

Changing the 'Power Bar User' slider also affects animation speed and responsiveness of players under human control IMO.

Is it possible to slow the game down on PC, beyond turning the game speed down (like on console)?

Or is it impossible as things stand?

The one major issue I have on console is that I can't slow it down more (beyond playing with the sliders, which doesn't slow the animation and general ball physics down).

Would it be an INI thing? Or has it been proven that those changes don't work any more?

It is possible, for sure.
You can Edit the DB files and lower all payer speed attributes at once in Excel.
And also, as Bendit mentioned, you can tweak the locale.ini file.

It is possible, for sure.
You can Edit the DB files and lower all payer speed attributes at once in Excel.
And also, as Bendit mentioned, you can tweak the locale.ini file.
I was hoping the locale.ini file could be edited to slow the game down (everything, from ball physics to animations) further than just selecting "slow" (if "normal" is 100% speed and "slow" is 90% speed, maybe 80%).

I have noticed that changing Passing Speed sliders adjusts the animation speed up or down for whoever is in possession (AI & human). Slowing AI Passing Speed makes AI a lot easier, for example, because they have less time on the ball to move it with their footwork and dispose of it under pressure.
I started playing around with pass speed last night based on your post, and it really changes the game - thank you!

It's strange how certain sliders interfere with others - acceleration, for instance, seems to have an impact on ball physics. If I up the acceleration to the same degree that I lower pass speed, it's really odd - the ball isn't as slow as it should be, with some passes (particularly deflections) flying like a beach-ball in a tornado, and players waiting to receive the ball doing this weird thing where they dance around in empty space, sometimes running past the ball entirely (yet still facing it).

Then when you're moving forward with the ball, they'll take a touch, then make jerking forward/stopping motions as they follow it (almost like they keep considering touching it again, but are prevented because it's "too soon" to take another touch).

Since the move to Frostbite, the whole game is just weird. It's the least solid football game engine of the lot, players floating around and contorting like circus acts around other players (and themselves).

When I slow passing down enough for the game to feel more "solid" (I had the ball feeling incredibly weighty last night just by lowering pass speed and acceleration dramatically*), short passes start getting intercepted all the time (perhaps I need to reduce pass error to compensate) and the game loses all tactical sense, with build-up play becoming very difficult.

*Which reduces fatigue and means you never have to substitute players, sigh.

I said this so many times it's ridiculous but sometimes their legs move one way and their torsos the other. Or the arms move weird. Their necks. I don't know. It's very creepy sometimes.

I swear I can't wait until current gen is over both FIFA and PES. I want to see both with a new engine so badly.

I swear I can't wait until current gen is over both FIFA and PES. I want to see both with a new engine so badly.
Same. FIFA is floaty, flappy and ragdolly, PES is stuck-on-rails no-variation magnet-ball. How hard can it be to get somewhere in-between?

I used to find it strange when people would say "FIFA players skate around like players in the NHL games" - I used to think it was an easy insult to make - but having bought NHL 19, you genuinely do start to "feel" the similarities in the movement (except, bizarrely, player movement by default is more "solid" and less skatey in NHL, despite being a skating game).

True!
I remember before PES 2018 came out I said both companies should have AT LEAST one retired football player as a consultant or someone who helps them testing the game and pointing out all the flaws or what they need to focus on.
It doesn't need to be Maradona or Pele. But, call me crazy, I could totally picture Thierry Henry doing that.
It could be as easy as, "hey here's the new code. You have two weeks to test it and then we'll meet again".
Then, repeat that workflow in 4 months. And so on and so forth.

True!
I remember before PES 2018 came out I said both companies should have AT LEAST one retired football player as a consultant or someone who helps them testing the game and pointing out all the flaws or what they need to focus on.
On this subject, EA published a video before FIFA's launch and I got excited (despite knowing it was bullshit)...

Ha, you were the first person to post the video here actually!

Really, really weird to me seeing the PL managers in that trailer (as in, the real people).

I can imagine it costs a lot of money to borrow them, and to ask them to wear their training gear as well (cringe), for the purposes of a trailer. There's more to that, surely?

(I find it hard to believe they were actually used to develop the tactical systems - FIFA isn't real life, it's 6-7 minute halves, it's not real football, they're not programmers, how useful can their input really be.)

The game is being developed as an eSports game that isn't really based on real life any more (beyond basic rules and licensing). They're not interested in truly mimicking football. They're making their own sport.

Anyone they invite (or hire) to discuss whether the game is realistic or not, like when you see F1/rally drivers testing racing games, they would just ignore for the sake of faster, more exciting, non-realistic bullshit that gets you addicted.

Unfortunately, it seems they only got those managers for there for the sole purpose of the video, gave them a script and that was about it.
I don't think any of these managers actually spent time watching or playing the game and that's the problem.

There are plenty of retired players who seem to be pretty nice people and would be willing to help.
Even active players. There are a lot of them who play FIFA on a regular basis, and there's proof of it.
They could type up some email with everything they don't like or should be improved. Because I'm sure someone like Jesse Lingard must feel frustrated when he sees the ball doesn't roll when passing in FIFA.
As much as Tagliafico (a known PES player) must feel frustrated when he sees the AI doesn't miss a single pass or doesn't shoot when they have the chance.

I was hoping the locale.ini file could be edited to slow the game down (everything, from ball physics to animations) further than just selecting "slow" (if "normal" is 100% speed and "slow" is 90% speed, maybe 80%).

Chris, try adding and experimenting with this line in your locale.ini

It appears to slow down most things in game, but I haven't tested it too much as I use default game speed.

// Game speed. Appears to allow fine tuning of global game speed.
ContextEffectDistance=0.7

Does anybody know if there is an edit to the ini so that when playing with Latin American teams, the colors don't look so dull?

Thanks
Yes, edit FIFA 19\Data\locale.ini and add the following lines right at the beginning of the file:
Code:
[]
FORCE_REGIONALIZATION_COLOR = 0

You have to do this again after each patch, though.

Also, apparently there has been some change between Cristiano Ronaldo and EA and they've changed this.

DzNqobPV4AUQxOm.jpg

I wonder what's this all about?.

Back
Top Bottom