FIFA 19 Discussion (PC Version)

I haven't played FIFA 19 since Update 3. Probably around early December.
So I updated to Title update 10 two days ago.
Downloaded a new gameplay mod (locale.ini) by Paul from Soccergaming and applied a new set of sliders (from Nonoloko).

I haven't played career mode yet. But I'm really enjoying my Champions League mode games right now.
It's just a tiiiiny little bit faster than I would like it, but sliders are on the edge.
If I lower them any further, it breaks the animations and player start moving as if they were in the sand. So it's the best balance for me between responsiveness, fluidity, and pace.

The important thing for me is that I wasn't enjoying it before so I stopped playing FIFA. But they might have changed something between Title Update 3 and this last one, that I missed along the way, and it made dribbling more possible. Not easy but at least you know that if you're good enough, you can pull it off. When I last played it, it was literally impossible.

Or maybe it's the gameplay mod I downloaded?. I don't know, but I'm sticking with this for now.

Downloaded a new gameplay mod (locale.ini) by Paul from Soccergaming and applied a new set of sliders (from Nonoloko).

I haven't played career mode yet. But I'm really enjoying my Champions League mode games right now.
It's just a tiiiiny little bit faster than I would like it, but sliders are on the edge.
If I lower them any further, it breaks the animations and player start moving as if they were in the sand. So it's the best balance for me between responsiveness, fluidity, and pace.

The important thing for me is that I wasn't enjoying it before so I stopped playing FIFA. But they might have changed something between Title Update 3 and this last one, that I missed along the way, and it made dribbling more possible. Not easy but at least you know that if you're good enough, you can pull it off. When I last played it, it was literally impossible.

Or maybe it's the gameplay mod I downloaded?. I don't know, but I'm sticking with this for now.
Interesting... What difficulty level? Any chance of some videos?

I'm considering, like a moron, buying a decent PC to mod a football game to make it playable (totally fed up of PES's cheating at this point, but also can't enjoy FIFA's slidey-floatiness and AI just humping it forward to a striker ASAP).

Interesting... What difficulty level? Any chance of some videos?

I'm considering, like a moron, buying a decent PC to mod a football game to make it playable (totally fed up of PES's cheating at this point, but also can't enjoy FIFA's slidey-floatiness and AI just humping it forward to a striker ASAP).

World Class difficulty mate. But I changed it to Legendary for the last game I played.
I will shot some videos of tonight's session for sure!

I wouldn't consider you a moron for INVESTING in a high end PC. Because you can use it for so much more than just gaming.
And Mods are half the fun for me (specially in PES). But if you're seriously entertaining the idea of getting a PC, I would strongly advice you to don't go half ass with it. Build one yourself (we can all help you selecting the ideal hardware for your needs) with something that will last for the next 5 years without sweating. If you buy a "decent" one now, chances are that when PES or FIFA change their engine in a year or two, you'll have to buy new gear again.

I invested in a great PC two years ago, and I'm sure it will still run either game with all maxed out 3 years from now.

World Class difficulty mate. But I changed it to Legendary for the last game I played.
I will shot some videos of tonight's session for sure!
While we're waiting for videos (hint hint)... ;) Quick question - is it possible to modify ball physics (excluding sliders) on PC via INI files? Just wondering if it's possible to slow the ball movement down as a whole without having to turn down the "pass speed" slider (the ball is still too fast on occasion even with really low "pass speed" settings).

I wonder if just using an INI that turns overall game speed down further than "slow" would fix a lot of my issues with the game (i.e. game is way, way, way too fast and is unfixable without turning acceleration down so far that fatigue disappears)...

Thought you were back on pes mate or are you playing both simultaneously ?

I find FIFA so much more enjoyable using Championship teams and below.

It is a completely different game, much slower gameplay mistakes made by both you and CPU and not every shot by the CPU ends in the top corner.

I played the Champions League as Liverpool on Legendary and won it, but the game was just a fast paced insane mess, rarely enjoyed it gameplay wise.. But the presentation and crowd noises were so much better.

I find FIFA so much more enjoyable using Championship teams and below.

It is a completely different game, much slower gameplay mistakes made by both you and CPU and not every shot by the CPU ends in the top corner.

I played the Champions League as Liverpool on Legendary and won it, but the game was just a fast paced insane mess, rarely enjoyed it gameplay wise.. But the presentation and crowd noises were so much better.
Since the last PES patch ruined my enjoyment of the game, I've been back on this trying to get it to play nice with sliders, and I've been really enjoying it as Newcastle. The slider changes are dramatic, though - e.g. pass speed at 24 for me and 17 for AI. Playing in the Premier League, you just have to do it, or it's absolutely terrible for me (especially on Legendary, which is the only way to get a challenge out of it).

But I've been having some really good games. I miss having to play with formations to gain an advantage (i.e. PES), but then in FIFA you get real scrambles, real goal variety, real mistakes in play (from the AI too).

EDIT: I've posted a match video over here (because it's not on PC)!

Sorry @Chris Davies
Truth is, I went back to play some FIFA yesterday night and also a few moments ago but I couldn't have that feeling I was having on Friday night again. I don't know what the heck is going on with this game. I feel so frustrated right now.
I really want to record some footage for you of how good it was feeling but... it's not feeling the same way somehow.

It appears they fixed the PC bug where you couldn't use live form in exhibition matches during the day with defaulting to summer midday fine conditions? Might have been an update before this new one.
I just tried it, but I can't confirm. For me, the time of day is still broken when I enable live form.

Hi Chuny, i just read your post on fifa games, and you decided me to test it. So, i look on soccergaming for the game patch (local ini) by paul, but he decided to remove it. Can i ask you if it's possible to send me if you can. please, thanks.

Without fouls this game is pointless against AI this year

Why not try our modded FIFA 16?

8oB9wqr.jpg

Anyone knows if there is a way to disable the ball cursor?
I hate seeing this ugly yellow cross on the pitch every five seconds.
Is it so difficult to put an On/Off option for this EA..??
But no..better create some Fut cards..

Anyone knows if there is a way to disable the ball cursor?
I hate seeing this ugly yellow cross on the pitch every five seconds.
Is it so difficult to put an On/Off option for this EA..??
But no..better create some Fut cards..

It was possible to replace the texture with a transparent texture on previous fifa games. And possibly on FiFA 17 and 18 as well.

But since Frosty Editor doesn't have support for FiFA 19, you're out of luck.

It was possible to replace the texture with a transparent texture on previous fifa games. And possibly on FiFA 17 and 18 as well.

But since Frosty Editor doesn't have support for FiFA 19, you're out of luck.
Thanks for answer.
Yeah i remember for Fifa 18 i had seen a mod on Moddingway that said that it disabled ball cursor along with some other little fixes for a more realistic game.I think it was made by Fidel who makes the gameplay patches also but i'm not sure.
I was wondering if maybe there is some line that you can add to locale.ini like ENABLE_BALL_CURSOR = 0 or something and it could work but i doubt it that there is something like this otherwise we would probably know it by now.Shame.

With Frosty Editor now supporting FIFA 19, it's great to see modding back on. Does anyone recommend an all-in-one cosmetic mod that has been released or is under development? I am not interested in ones that change gameplay, but especially those that update banners, adboards, kits of international and Euro club teams, CL ball etc.

Back in the day I would have used the official ModdingWay mod, but I haven't heard if it's being worked on for FIFA 19. A lot of mods linked to on ModdingWay are hidden behind pop up ads and captchas, which are tiresome to work through.

So far the best I have found is Nevil72's Serie A mod, which focuses on Serie A and B but has licensed international kits as well.

Last edited:
There's a realism mod in the works, long list of features if he can pull it all off:

The mods features are:
  • More realistic sacking (made league/European cup performance more important, and domestic cup performance less important)
  • Made it so low offers (compared to value/asking price) wouldn’t get accepted so often (they now would get countered)
  • Your manager rating now does not go up after a draw
  • Changed the percentage of player sales that go back into the transfer budget (depending on fiance settings, it's now from 65 (strict), to 95 (easy)
  • Made it all the transfer budget remaining for the previous season gets added to the new one
  • Updated currency conversions
  • Made it harder to play away games
  • Increased rival aggression
  • Lowered fitness recovery
  • Made fitness recovery slightly slower (same with injuries)
  • Made more injures during sim games and training happen. You now get lots of injuries, but most are minor.
  • More realistic form
  • Removed fixed potentials (now when a player signs for another team they always at least gain/lose one potential point.
  • Changed when player data expires (3 - 12 months)
  • Changed reveal level for certain attributes
  • Changed number and scouted level of players when reports get back (faster and better reports)
  • Numerous little changes to the algorithm of what offers you get when fired
  • Other changes to make job offers more realistic
  • Made the AI field their best 11 against good sides
  • Made the AI rotate against small sides/before a big game
  • Made the AI play players who are in form
  • Made scouting in own division better
  • Low rated players do not ask to be played, and are happy with limited minutes
  • Only players in and around the starting 11 will ask for more game time, and will get angry if not given
  • Wages and wage expectation are more realistic, players ask for more in top leagues, and potential comes into play more (Donnaruma will now ask for 100k+ a week, not 50)
  • Players will ask for little money in lower leagues like League 2
  • Increased amount of time before offers get retracted
  • Changed the amount of days before you get a warning telling you contracts are expiring
  • Made it so clubs don’t let as many of their contracts expire
  • Older players now decline a lot slower, and lose more physical stats then mental and technical, but they are more spread out so by the time a player is 33, they will have lost 5 sprint speed, not 15
  • Stopped overgrowth
  • Player values are now more realistic. Players like Messi, Mbappe and Neymar are worth nearly 200mil and almost impossible to buy
  • Made gameplay more consistent, which partially removes scripting.
  • Made it harder to find good youth players. Just like in real life, you don't get 5 Mbappe's in each scouting report. Per 3 months scouting with 5* 5* scouts, you should get a few decent players, and if you are lucky, 1 90+ one.
  • Made youth players have better and more realistic weak foot and skill moves. (Your wingers aren't 1*1* anymore)
  • More realistic work rates for youth players. (STs are not low/low anymore.)
  • More realistic simming. Teams now win the league with 90+ points, and get relegated with 20.
  • Top scores, assisters, yellow cards and red cards are all more realistic and higher.
  • More realistic training. You can now train all stats, and the level and amount of stats for some drills are now higher.
  • More realistic transfers. Player's do not got to rival clubs, teams don't loan out their best players, big name players don't move to countries like Argentina.
  • Additional funds is back as a feature
  • Injury list is back as a feature
  • Squad report is back as a feature
  • Squad ranking is back as a feature
  • Change kit number is back as a feature
  • You now can choose between the old league tables and new
  • The screen that shows you all results in your league is back as a feature
  • More quality of life menu improvements, squad hub is now first on the main page toggle instead of transfer hub, etc.
  • And hundreds of other realistic changes...

https://www.patreon.com/realismmod

Will be very interesting to see if this works..
Might make me play the game again, but I am getting bored of the career mode now.
Won the Prem with Newcastle on Legendary, 1st season after only signing De Jong and Sancho.
The points thing would be good, as the CPU just has no consistency and I lost about 6 games on the way to the title, but Man Utd who finished second were drawing at home to Burnley and even lost away to Fulham and Cardiff.

Would also try anything if it meant the CPU didn't rest all of it's main players against lower Prem teams.

Would also try anything if it meant the CPU didn't rest all of it's main players against lower Prem teams.
I think it's even deeper than that - in my saves Mo Salah has had literally one game over the course of about five years, never selling him, and only ever playing considerably worse youth players (then they end up finishing about 9th).

What annoys me is that a modder can fix all that stuff but EA can't even acknowledge any of it, and it persists year after year after year (and you're stuffed if you play on console).

I think it's even deeper than that - in my saves Mo Salah has had literally one game over the course of about five years, never selling him, and only ever playing considerably worse youth players (then they end up finishing about 9th).

What annoys me is that a modder can fix all that stuff but EA can't even acknowledge any of it, and it persists year after year after year (and you're stuffed if you play on console).

There are other things that annoy me, which is the difference between this and FM.
In the transfer market on FM if you go to buy a 18-21 year old who is in the game with huge potential, the clubs want £50m for them minimum and when it comes to youth players their transfer value is determined by their potential and not their current ability.
FIFA has had the problem for years, where the value of the player is determined only by their current ability, so you can be Newcastle and sign De Jong, De Ligt and other wonder kids for about £6-£12m each.
There is absolutely no value based on their potential to be a world class player.

As I have stated in previous posts, I reckon I am just extra fussy because I play FM.
You just don't realise how an absolute amazing job Sports Interactive do year after year to get the basics right, let alone some of more complex stuff they try to get into the game.
Yes sometimes SI don't get the new features right first time, but a few patches later or next years version of the game the feature is near perfect.

It is just lazy programming from EA, and because Career Mode doesn't matter to the majority they over look it every year.
My wish list has been exactly the same now for about 5 years for the Career Mode, and most of it basic stuff.
But the thing is I have just learned to live with it, and I guess EA know that there are alot of people like me who will buy it every year, who just live with it.

It is just lazy programming from EA, and because Career Mode doesn't matter to the majority they over look it every year.
My wish list has been exactly the same now for about 5 years for the Career Mode, and most of it basic stuff.
But the thing is I have just learned to live with it, and I guess EA know that there are alot of people like me who will buy it every year, who just live with it.
This isn't a recent problem - I've been begging Konami and EA to look at Football Manager and implement just a fraction of those features for 15+ years (actually, not even "features" per se, just making sure that currently implemented features work in a realistic manner - your youth transfer value scenario being a perfect example).

I mean, look at this article: Konami & Sports Interactive Will Collaborate on PES
(There were many more at the time, but this is the only one I can find now...)

Back in 2001 (ignore the date on the article), it was official that Konami had agreed a contract with Sports Interactive to share their database, and rumour had it (in the British press) that they were going to work together beyond this in the future.

Then, none of it happened. Not even the database sharing, as far as I know. It was announced, there were official quotes from SI employees and everything - and it just disappeared. What happened? Something legal? (I've asked on Twitter and been ignored.)

But to repeat myself - the bigger issue isn't that we don't have all of FM's features (although we really should have by now)... It's that - well, you can lose ten games in a row and somehow your team are all given huge plus "form arrows". When the basics are that broken, the rest of it doesn't really matter.

Can someone help me out? I have a PC with following config:
i5-8300H
8 GB RAM
GTX 1050Ti
If I set in FIFA config "No Limit on fps", I have close to 100 fps (screen is 60Hz though) but there is huge stuttering, and if I select "Lock to 60fps", there is still some stuttering as fps always stays in 55-59 range (never a constant 60).
Any help?

Can someone help me out? I have a PC with following config:
i5-8300H
8 GB RAM
GTX 1050Ti
If I set in FIFA config "No Limit on fps", I have close to 100 fps (screen is 60Hz though) but there is huge stuttering, and if I select "Lock to 60fps", there is still some stuttering as fps always stays in 55-59 range (never a constant 60).
Any help?
Set FPS to unlimited in the config, then enable VSync in your Nvidia driver.

Back
Top Bottom