Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters

VuZet

Pro Evo 6
5 June 2005
Wakefield
So as every year Dear Members, let's talk about upcoming EA Sports' kid. As far as we know, KONAMI lost the UEFA Champions League/ Europa League license. It's not the thread about PES, but it could be easily predicted that EA Sports will try to "hitch a ride" this year to get UEFA tournaments back into FIFA after over a decade.

I found a material on Youtube that confirms (?) this obviousness.

NED : FIFA 19 krijgt UEFA Champions - en Europa League"
ENG : FIFA 19 gets UEFA Champions - and Europa League"

As I guess, the Dutch commentator confirms in this movie that he already works on adding some commentary related to UEFA CL and which will be used on FIFA 19 (probably released in October - regarding to the movie either).

Can anyone who speaks Dutch drag out some more information out of this video? :-)

We still need to wait for the official EA confirmation, but do you think they would miss that chance to have the license of the most popular club tournaments in the World while KONAMI don't have it anymore?

Regards! :)

Last edited:
And here's a translation, courtesy of ResetEra:
"For about six or seven days a year, I record updated lines [for the game] in the studio in Utrecht with Youri Mulder [another commentator]. In 2019 as well, the game will get even better, because they've added the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League. I'm almost finished with the 2019 version, which will then go to the test center. [In the test center] some very good players will check everything and after that, it will go to the stores in October. And then all those weirdos will be standing in line again at midnight."

EA are gonna do something during the Champions League final aren't they?

It's a very good news. I hope they had also the officials scoreboards.
I really want a strong Fifa 19, with a massive update of the gameplay.
Plenty of game modes, with real scoreboards for French and Italy.
Full Real scan faces for Premier league, Liga, Ligue Conforama, Bundeslinga
Plenty of news stadiums

I know I dream a lot!!:BYE:

Please be good fifa 19. I don’t trust Konami at all anymore.

As if EA was trustworthy to begin with.. lol

But yeah, honestly, EA could do better with UCL since they got more resource and are comparatively less tainted than Konami. Atleast we will get full licensed teams unlike Pes. And the presentation would probably be better.

I think that I'm half done with new Fifas for a while, after this past year.

18 started in the best of the ways. Loads of fouls and a nice general flow that truly felt like the evolution of 17. There were flaws as well but I pretty satisfied.

But after that.. patches happened.
Patch after patch after patch..
So that the initial gameplay is completely turned upside down due to better meet UT users demands, deleting the generous fouls and the nice feel of the beginning. So that I can't even mod the game because they make it impossible, "closing" the game after each patch, so that modders needs to start again.

Unless 19 will have some kind of incredible, revolutionary good gameplay base that patches can't truly distort to that extent, I don't see myself having the patience of living again a season like this one.

Yeah, I may play a couple of matches a week on 18, and when it's not bad it's just ...bland. I'm yawning when I score, yawning when I concede, falling asleep counting the number of times the ball hits the bar. There's no point making any wishes for 19. It could be good. But it will be the 3rd year on frostbite, and if animations and ball physics are not finally solid enough with a feel of weight and inertia, it will be facepalm material for me. 3 years, come on now.

Bland, that's what i feel when i'm watching the game.
Also, i like the details, but not the graphical engine in general, i don't know, it sound like you can add too many details, but it doesn't create a "whole atmosphere", but looks like many differents things added one by one without the same graphical process (in comparison with, i don't have any example, Fox Engine)

Looks like making a whole stadiums isn't that hard in FIFA, and there's many approximations, also with players models.
Many things, but by taking a closer looks, it seems like all the added graphical things are made like a "production chains work", fast and productive.
I can't feel any passion by the producted behind this game, or a real soul... But that's my throught

Will, the times when football games actually had a soul are long gone in my opinion, and they will hardly be back soon.
Now all the developers concentrate on (well, because they're are asked to) is lucrative online modes like FUT and MyClub.
I can't see Career Mode (or ML, for the record) undergoing the long overdue revamp we've been waiting for for years (or at least I don't see it happening now).

Last edited:
I hope in career mode they fix the transfers. The negoations were painful in 18.
it’s crazy how when someone comes to you for a player you can’t ask for a player of theirs.
Also Another thing that annoys is that they say they want a right back and if you only have one at club the deal collapses.
Not many teams would lose a striker and want a keeper.

Still have enjoying Fifa 18,especially since moving away from the PL.
But agree,it’s bland,it’s not great,not bad,but mainly,if you play a lot of games,kinda dull.
But for a few games here and there,I like it a lot
Missing some passion and noise

I hope they focus on far more important things like slower gameplay, better defending mechanics and a set piece overhaul.
A man could dream, but... I don't think that slower gameplay would do any good to FUT, and that's the only thing they care about in my opinion.

So apparently the Chinese league is coming to FIFA this year. Polish commentator and sports journalist mentioned in a recent interview that his colleague, who does the Polish commentary in FIFA, told him he had spend some time in the studio to record "a lot of Chinese names because they added the Chinese league". Here's hoping that the Asian Champions League equivalent will finally be introduced in Career mode as well. Actually, a complete overhaul of Career mode would be nice. Or at least an option to play normal league seasons with domestic and international cups implemented, like you can in PES.

wonder if the champions/europa league integration (assuming it's all legit) will finally force them to use changeable templates for the competition badges/font style on uniforms...you'd think if they go to the trouble of getting the licenses they'd have something prepared to change from domestic league patches and number styles to european ones. something small, but always bugged me, particularly with teams that were promoted/relegated in england.

wonder if the champions/europa league integration (assuming it's all legit) will finally force them to use changeable templates for the competition badges/font style on uniforms...you'd think if they go to the trouble of getting the licenses they'd have something prepared to change from domestic league patches and number styles to european ones. something small, but always bugged me, particularly with teams that were promoted/relegated in england.
That’s been bugging the crap out of me as well,along with not being able to set proper rules regarding yellow cards,straight red cards suspensions etc,it’s the same for all leagues,and it’s not accurate for most either.
Sloppy and lazy

That’s been bugging the crap out of me as well,along with not being able to set proper rules regarding yellow cards,straight red cards suspensions etc,it’s the same for all leagues,and it’s not accurate for most either.
Sloppy and lazy
We can give PES a pat on the back in these regards. Free to choose card regulations, league standings and so on. The competition badges also change when your team gets promoted or relegated or when it is playing in the Champions League.

The last FIFA I played was FIFA 17, but my favourite will always be FIFA 14( it can change though) because it just felt complete( except for dull player models and missing La Liga player faces). Hope they improve vastly in gameplay.

We can give PES a pat on the back in these regards. Free to choose card regulations, league standings and so on. The competition badges also change when your team gets promoted or relegated or when it is playing in the Champions League.

The last FIFA I played was FIFA 17, but my favourite will always be FIFA 14( it can change though) because it just felt complete( except for dull player models and missing La Liga player faces). Hope they improve vastly in gameplay.
I thought about that to pal,it’s very satisfying to be able to have the right rules and regulations.
Playing a lot of Serie A/B on Pes and having the playoff done right is crucial.
Fifa 14 is underrated,looks horrible (kits) but plays great
Yes,we need an overhaul in gameplay

I fear that they will only create special European uniforms for those clubs participating in next years Champions League and Europa League that will automatically be used when you play with those teams in a European competition.

Back
Top Bottom