Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
I think the patience of the AI in 16 was one we may not ever see again. Ironically, that was when the driven pass was introduced, and now it is a staple of how the AI attacks in 19. Without the patience.

But if I remember correctly, that so called "patience" was not real patience but behavior forced onto the AI to slow gameplay down arbitrarily, even when it made little contextual sense to do so. If that's the edition I'm thinking of, when the CPU was much slower in buildup, many of us were frustrated that the CPU was overly "patient" and just held on to the ball without purpose and you couldn't really do anything about it.

I'm all for the AI putting its foot on the ball and slowing down but only when it makes sense, and from what I remember that was really poorly executed in 16. If I remember correctly you'd see the CPU holding on to the ball with wide open players forward to pass to and it made little footballing sense. For example I remember being extremely frustrated with the CPU passing it around their defense in the final minutes of games when they were behind.

For me, the problem always goes back to not the AI being patient or what have you, but that there's too much loose marking in FIFA so there's always an easy open pass forward and no reason to be patient. In 19 I see patience from the AI when you can stifle them and limit their options forward, the problem is just that because FIFA is essentially hardcoded to be such an open game, there's little (or at least not enough) reason to be patient - for the CPU or human player.

Mostly FUT changes according to the in-game patch notes. Game feels slower though on slow gameplay speed now, maybe... that or I'm dreamin'...

One thing EA needs to improve is the ball physics. Like that the ball is larger now, but sometimes still feels like playing with a beach ball. Also behaves like a ice hockey puck with the ground passes. This is one area PES shines over FIFA.

increasing pass speed to 70 and playing on normal game speed somehow cover the ball physics during passing but what about ping pong passing and first time shooting??? even on semi pro level this happens. this is ridiculous how ea treat offline players. don`t know how but increasing pass error even around 80 made things worse for passes, only crossing is affected from changing this slider. can`t belive how ea let this happen, ai was not their good side in the past also but this looks like alpha code of the ai. really dissapointing!

One thing EA needs to improve is the ball physics. Like that the ball is larger now, but sometimes still feels like playing with a beach ball. Also behaves like a ice hockey puck with the ground passes. This is one area PES shines over FIFA.
Apart from some headers and the odd deflection, I think the ball physics in FIFA are a bit better than those in PES, overall. There's a lot more variety to the way the ball moves and acts in FIFA. Not so much in PES. I agree that the ball in FIFA needs to bobble more on ground passes but the ball in PES has a slick feel to it as well. Neither the slick passes nor the weird magnetic quality of the ball in PES look natural.EA definitely need to improve headers and deflection though, which are often both highly exaggerated.

Been watching the Sunderland til I die documentary on Netflix and have this odd urge to switch on fifa for the first time in a long while to step in as the Knight in shining armour to save that lot from doom in career mode. Hahaha. :D

increasing pass speed to 70 and playing on normal game speed somehow cover the ball physics during passing but what about ping pong passing and first time shooting??? even on semi pro level this happens. this is ridiculous how ea treat offline players. don`t know how but increasing pass error even around 80 made things worse for passes, only crossing is affected from changing this slider. can`t belive how ea let this happen, ai was not their good side in the past also but this looks like alpha code of the ai. really dissapointing!
It’s because FIFA 19 isn’t a very good game in reality.

I really hope EA rip it up and start again next year. The game just doesn’t feel or look like real footy.

Offline it’s a mess. Too easy on default, too clunky and joyless to play with sliders and FUMA.

It’s such a disappointed after initially enjoying it. I play it for short bursts and just don’t feel anything. I score and I get no joy.

Online it’s hideous. It’s a game created for people to score lots of goals. I played a head to head seasons game last night and won 7-5. It was farcical.

Just bought it off Amazon's boxing day sale. Pretty cheap at AU$35.

Once I receive it this Thursday, first thing I'll do is use @Matt10 sliders. I liked what I watched on youtube. Then I'll see if it needs any tweaking for my tastes.

Love or hate him, he speaks a lot of sense. Career mode is complete crap now and needs an overhaul, as does the gameplay:-

To be honest, the majority of his wishlist is completely pointless. The only things really needed are learning of new positions in training and a better edit mode. With expectations like these, I'm not surprised at all that FIFA youtubers are disappointed each year.

Been doing player career mode since FIFA 15,and I always (almost) start in Sunderland or Portsmouth.
Have won fuck all in either of those clubs.
But this year I've snatched The Checkatrade trophy and the League one title.
One more year on Wearside I guessScreenshot_20181224-190712.png

To be honest, the majority of his wishlist is completely pointless. The only things really needed are learning of new positions in training and a better edit mode. With expectations like these, I'm not surprised at all that FIFA youtubers are disappointed each year.

And considering its a full time job for these Youtubers its sometimes impossible to know whether they are genuine in their thoughts or utilising the platform for clickbait = more views = more money.

Exactly.

Finally had a win in my 2nd season with Sunderland on my player career.
Management has sold 4 of my top players and the team is full of 60-67 ovr, and my player is rubbish for real
7 straight losses before my first win
Funnily enough,I like it.

Player career mate.
Not the sharpest ones in my board room.
It's tough as hell this year,I'm barely having my head above the water,but crazy fun with a challenge

Oh, yes the AI on that is utter garbage, few times I've played it the AI manager seems to get obsessed with buying a certain position, in one of mine it was to buy four right wingers when there were holes elsewhere.

Oh, yes the AI on that is utter garbage, few times I've played it the AI manager seems to get obsessed with buying a certain position, in one of mine it was to buy four right wingers when there were holes elsewhere.
Worst part is if you play a flat 4-4-2,and you have a few good CAM or CDM they/he won't use them,he rather go for a shitty CM.

But the challenge of this game mode is why I rather do it,very tough to win anything at all

I've not played a lot due to red dead and am struggling to beat the AI on professional.

I am on all manual controls and playing in broadcast as it looks so good. It seems harder to defend I think, tho I don't think I've put enough time in.

I was doing slightly better in career mode with Stoke, it's the one off kick off games I find hard.

People on Operation Sports are reporting that there's now a bug in Career Mode where your players lose one of their OVR points when you train them.

The EA community guys on Twitter have acknowledged it. I wonder if they've botched some sort of form "fix" after our complaints about form making things too easy...

I've not played a lot due to red dead and am struggling to beat the AI on professional.

I am on all manual controls and playing in broadcast as it looks so good. It seems harder to defend I think, tho I don't think I've put enough time in.

I was doing slightly better in career mode with Stoke, it's the one off kick off games I find hard.
Haven't bought RDR 2 yet,so I have had plenty of FIFA time.
Imagine full manual and professional is a good match.
I'm on semi and WC is tough.
Use to play broadcast as well but default cam is best suited for me,try to go long quite often which is tough on broadcast

Back
Top Bottom