Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
Got my first penalty last night and a few freekicks using the sliders above by goalgerg - slight tweak as i stated on length and pass speed. difference is i dropped down to professional level and compensated by lowering their shot error and pass error to 55 and give them a 2 point speed boost. 33 against 31. Saw a few miss timed slide tackles where on WC and LEG the AI never seem to slide in or when they do its perfect. Still need to test more but i was shocked i got slide tackled in the box and won a pen.

It's funny how playing deliberately badly (or with a terrible teammate) gives you a peek behind the curtain, in terms of the AI. There's something off with it.

When playing the game with kids (or my 74-year-old dad) on Professional, us versus the AI - note, they are absolutely terrible at the game and will just push forwards and hammer the pass button with no thought whatsoever - we'll finish a game with 4-5 shots, compared to the AI's 20+ (the highest I've seen is 26), and yet they barely ever score (even if it means hitting the post about ten times).

Even if I give them an open goal, they'll smash the ball miles over the bar with no pressure on them. It's really interesting to see how plainly the game is going "no, I'm not allowed to score".

I cranked it up to World Class and the tiki-taka is worse than Legendary (playing as Everton v Bournemouth was absolutely ridiculous), and they won 4-0, with a couple of the goals being wonder-strikes.

The AI feels really weird in FIFA, and it has since the previous gen (and possibly the gen before that).

I've started a new game as Newcastle, with my Tranmere save getting a bit repetitive (in terms of the grounds you play at), and on Legendary I'm getting a decent game but the pace is so fast (in terms of the AI players' responses) - they don't have to take a first-touch 90% of the time to hit a perfect pass forward).

Yet playing the old games (over Christmas I played 15, 16, 17 and 18), and the old PES games too, I honestly feel like this is the best one so far, overall (and I'm talking gameplay) - it's just the AI ruining it for me (and the ball physics).

Last edited:
I’m finally done with F19 and footy games in general. Totally had enough of the one-dimensional AI and lack of challenge. I’ve just completed my 12th league game in a row without conceding a single goal. Had about 2-3 shots against me, some really easy chances, and the AI just fluffs it. There is no smart play from the AI, no urgency, no changes in play. Since they’ve patched the hell out of this edition again, defending is so so easy.

Put it on Amazon market place and I’m moving on to the other games in my library, some of which are unopened.

I’m finally done with F19 and footy games in general. Totally had enough of the one-dimensional AI and lack of challenge. I’ve just completed my 12th league game in a row without conceding a single goal. Had about 2-3 shots against me, some really easy chances, and the AI just fluffs it. There is no smart play from the AI, no urgency, no changes in play. Since they’ve patched the hell out of this edition again, defending is so so easy.

Put it on Amazon market place and I’m moving on to the other games in my library, some of which are unopened.

FIFA 18. XBO. 20mins. Full manual. Tactical defending.

Trust me.

I would imagine it's cause of the Europa and Champions League licences. UEFA probably don't want them being played at any other time apart from the night.

FIFA 18. XBO. 20mins. Full manual. Tactical defending.

Trust me.

I downloaded Fifa 18 again and continued with my previous save. I had more fun in 3 matches than I’ve had in the entirety of Fifa 19. I lost 0-4, then won 1-0, then lost 0-1. All totally organic and fair results.

Dw4-GgEVAAMdOKE.jpg

What an enigma...
FIFA Street incoming!

Guys, I have an advice. I strongly recommend you play this game on PC and connect it with TV for example.

Why?

Well I tried to use latest version of FOUL patch ... and it´s amazing. Penalties, sometimes free kick. I played community shield with Chelsea against ManCity. Result ? 3 red cards for them, one red for me :D ..... There are two versions of patch ... one is crazy and one is less crazy agressive. So you can even switch it. For example before the derby match you just put there crazy agression patch.

Only one thing really piss me..... why .... jesus why are there only 30 slots for created players. That´s just typical EA retardation. At least I downloaded legends and icons squads ...... so now in the game there are Ronaldinho, Platini, Terry, Kaka, Scheva, Basten, Gullit, Essien, Lampard, Mathaus, Canavaro, Thuram, Maldini, Ferdinand, Kean, Chalrton... I think 120 players ..... so that´s is very interesting .... every league looks stronger now..... like at the times of old football (90´s and milenium). So I also recommend you this patch, good for singleplayer. If you play only on-line ... I suppose.. it is useless for you.

The fact it can be fixed just shows its a conscious decision by EA to tone it down. I haven't tried the patch as I'm on ps4 but I'm guessing if there are more fouls it would upset the UT / Online crowd. With sliders I'm getting around 4 or 5 per 9 min each half game. This and slightly improved ball physics are the only thing needed with sliders for me

Guys, I have an advice. I strongly recommend you play this game on PC and connect it with TV for example.

Why?

Well I tried to use latest version of FOUL patch ... and it´s amazing. Penalties, sometimes free kick. I played community shield with Chelsea against ManCity. Result ? 3 red cards for them, one red for me :D ..... There are two versions of patch ... one is crazy and one is less crazy agressive. So you can even switch it. For example before the derby match you just put there crazy agression patch.

Only one thing really piss me..... why .... jesus why are there only 30 slots for created players. That´s just typical EA retardation. At least I downloaded legends and icons squads ...... so now in the game there are Ronaldinho, Platini, Terry, Kaka, Scheva, Basten, Gullit, Essien, Lampard, Mathaus, Canavaro, Thuram, Maldini, Ferdinand, Kean, Chalrton... I think 120 players ..... so that´s is very interesting .... every league looks stronger now..... like at the times of old football (90´s and milenium). So I also recommend you this patch, good for singleplayer. If you play only on-line ... I suppose.. it is useless for you.

Which patch are you referring to?

F this game from 14 15 16 18 pure enjoyment. But patches and micro transactions have totally sucked the fun from this game. I have not played the journey yet and have just one game played of FUT so far. Had a prem attack today and played Wolves vs Leicester ManU vs BHU LIV vs CP and ARS vs CFC all single player mode/kick off and all 4 games I could tell what the AI was going to let me do within the first 5 minutes. I will play around with FUT for about a week and come back and post results. Sorry to rant but fug this game maybe the brilliance of RDR2 has taken away some of my skill but I think it's deeper than that.

Last edited:
We can expect patch very soon

overpowered finesse shooting and career mode fixes ....

,,The patch will apparently arrive sometime soon, before the end of January, and also come with multiple career mode fixes, such as the scheduling issues of fixtures and how sometimes the game will schedule games literally right on top of each other,,

has anyone noticed when you ramp down things like pass error the AI seems to improve without altering their sliders. I just tried Pass error at zero and what it does is seem to bring the ball more at the players feet. The AI just seemed to step up too. Might be placebo but it certainly felt that way.

We can expect patch very soon

overpowered finesse shooting and career mode fixes ....

,,The patch will apparently arrive sometime soon, before the end of January, and also come with multiple career mode fixes, such as the scheduling issues of fixtures and how sometimes the game will schedule games literally right on top of each other,,
Hate to say it but it's too late for me now, I think.

Loved the game at launch - and it may be due to patches, or it may just be burnout - but I really can't stand the way that the AI plays now. The psychic nature of their play and the ping-pong passing, how fast the game is, how little build-up they do.

Hate to say it but it's too late for me now, I think.

Loved the game at launch - and it may be due to patches, or it may just be burnout - but I really can't stand the way that the AI plays now. The psychic nature of their play and the ping-pong passing, how fast the game is, how little build-up they do.

Sameh here.
I think it just extinguished.
I don't think patched fucked it up this time. Maybe a little. But I think the replay value just isn't high enough.

for me AI build up is the same from the beginning . Some teams play faster , some slower but i dont think any patch f...up gameplay , still decent game if you play one or two games per day.

Sameh here.
I think it just extinguished.
I don't think patched fucked it up this time. Maybe a little. But I think the replay value just isn't high enough.

I do think it has something to do with patches. I loved that 19 did not have this end to end gameplay. It was slower and the cpu actually did some build up.
Was enjoying my tranmere rovers season - lower divisions play a much slower game with more pass error etc etc.
Then i did not play it for a while, picked it up again after some patches and now also in this division it's end to end.
Cpu is doing ping pong passing and always sending it straight up to the striker without any form of midfield play.

I'm sure that this wasn't the case a few patches ago.
So, in the end i just stopped playing and i'm pretty sure i won't be picking up the next edition.

its strange as i think the opposite, i thought it was more end to end at first and now more balanced even on default sliders. Obviously reducing the run freq and line length can reduce the end to end further - i'm hoping the next patch brings a little more ball variation and fouls, it badly needs more fouls

Back
Top Bottom