Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
i remember it being acknowledged but no commitment on it being fixed, these fixes mainly please the UT/Online crowd. But then again do address the career mode too

The bit that's cut at the bottom was saying
"Have you considered aggression slider which would make everyone happy".
He liked it, but since then silence.
Im trying not to be pain in the ass and not to spam them, but every now and again Im asking for any updates. And so far got no response.
What makes it worse, I cant see anyone asking for fouls... so we are in minority. They are going after things that have more bodies behind them.
Shame, really. This years edition has(had?) potential...

Im trying not to be pain in the ass and not to spam them, but every now and again Im asking for any updates. And so far got no response.
What makes it worse, I cant see anyone asking for fouls... so we are in minority. They are going after things that have more bodies behind them.

I have literally sent both of them around 10 tweets, at different points in time. Never got a single interaction back.
We're better off with Bhatti man....

after getting no reply regarding several tweets about lack of fouls to Corey I've just tweeted the producer. Also asked him for a slider value that may increase fouls. We will see

If we're incredibly lucky, we might get some gameplay updates with the January transfer update - but that'll be the last one, if we get that.

Look at this latest update, it's all FUT changes. The one career mode fix - and that's all it is, a quick fix - gets one line in the changelog, where all the FUT stuff gets full paragraphs and screenshots of the changes (yes, they're gameplay changes that apply to everything, but they would not exist if it wasn't for FUT moaners).

I think it's too late now.

Its weird that in offline there are no fouls and in online are a lot of them, at least on full manual. I just had a game where fouls were 7-5 and thats nothing uncommon.

Its weird that in offline there are no fouls and in online are a lot of them, at least on full manual. I just had a game where fouls were 7-5 and thats nothing uncommon.
not really weird as the user can decide to foul, the ai simply decides not to. It's rare that the ai slides and gets it wrong, maybe 1 or 2 times per game

Well, most of the fouls (at least mine) are just because of bad timing in standing tackles or fouls that just come with the game, not "decided to foul" slide tackles or so :)

Well, most of the fouls (at least mine) are just because of bad timing in standing tackles or fouls that just come with the game, not "decided to foul" slide tackles or so :)
There's your answer. Users have bad timing so there is more fouls. AI defensing is too precise and too OP, so we have no fouls offline. AI doesnt take risk when there is no certainty that ball will be intercepted.

Regarding lack of fouls I noticed that in the stats increasing slide tackle and aggression to 99 made the AI slide more but perfect. I wonder if there's a way in the stats to encourage sliding but not as accurate. Maybe by lowering standing tackle stat

So I tested one half - edited Liverpool back 4 and 2 midfielders. Aggression 99 slide tackles plus 10 standing tackle minus 10. Picked the team to ensure the edited players were in the squad then swapped sides. 4 fouls in first half by Liverpool and interestingly all by the edited players. 3 by Gina and 1 by van dijk There was an obvious increase in slide tackles too by the edited players

Just played with the women's teams WTF! Better game. Looks like a bigger ball and it moves slower. Must be because of the weaker player stats. It's a good game playing women's teams. It's not so super human like mens teams. Wish all game played this good!

Last edited:
looks like the patch is live on consoles according to Twitter, can't confirm as i am at work
People are already calling it boring on Twitter - moaning that finesse shooting is out (HOORAY), and calling it "Crossing Simulator" (uh-oh). Apparently every goal is a header now - the AI was already guilty of that...

Everyone's crying on twitter about the patch.. Must be good
Tested it out for the last two hours offline, no difference for me (passes seem a bit more assisted actually, on assisted and semi, along with the finesse changes - but that's it).

Played as Newcastle v Tottenham on World Class. They pass around in triangles (with psychic ability - yet passed the ball out of play for no reason, twice) then just walk into you. Defensively, they stand off so much that you can walk through them and score with ease.

Played the same game on Legendary, and literally, from the minute they had possession, they hoof it from defence to Harry Kane. Who plays it back to a midfielder, runs forward and waits for it back. Every. Single. Time. Defensively, they back off so much that you can walk through them and score with ease.

Played the same game on Ultimate. They finished with a pass accuracy of 100%. They play like machines, at inhuman speed, with inhuman reflexes. It doesn't look or feel like football from this planet. Defensively...

...they back off so much that you can walk through them and score with ease.

On the ball it's great. But the AI is shameful.

Tested it out for the last two hours offline, no difference for me (passes seem a bit more assisted actually, on assisted and semi, along with the finesse changes - but that's it).

Played as Newcastle v Tottenham on World Class. They pass around in triangles (with psychic ability - yet passed the ball out of play for no reason, twice) then just walk into you. Defensively, they stand off so much that you can walk through them and score with ease.

Played the same game on Legendary, and literally, from the minute they had possession, they hoof it from defence to Harry Kane. Who plays it back to a midfielder, runs forward and waits for it back. Every. Single. Time. Defensively, they back off so much that you can walk through them and score with ease.

Played the same game on Ultimate. They finished with a pass accuracy of 100%. They play like machines, at inhuman speed, with inhuman reflexes. It doesn't look or feel like football from this planet. Defensively...

...they back off so much that you can walk through them and score with ease.

On the ball it's great. But the AI is shameful.
Sounds horrible.
I'm packing in my offline gaming and off to online Division.
Kinda regret selling both FIFA 18&17 a few months back

Must be just me but I've just had 2 games semi controls on legendary.. Slow speed default sliders. Best game of Fifa in years. Feels slowed down, AI more varied, individuality is there, loads of misses by AI from a wide variety of shots.. I scored a deflection and AI scored an own goal.
AI stats 78% pass completion 52% shots on target 4 fouls..end to end has gone, i think they've really improved it.

Sorry for the petulant post guys real quick question that will determine how crazy/unskilled I am at this game I am level79 PS4. Anyone else want to share what level they are.

Big up to the country of kick ass waffles I know EA hated that they couldn't manipulate kids in to out right stealing from there parents credit cards account anymore.

Played my career mode both pre and post patch
15 Min WC semi
Slow game speed (35/50 sprint/Acc)
Pass speed 30/20 (hum/CPU)
I'm playing as Sunderland Vs Sheffield W

And the game is completely different from pre patch
+ Ball physics must have been merged,even saw bouncing passes
+ Pass speed from the Cpu,much more organic, different speeds for different passes
+ Pass accuracy from the Cpu,much more balanced,much more misplaced passes,passes not reaching all the way through etc
+CPU players stepping on the ball ,not playing one touch all the time, acctually stopping with the ball
CPU pass percentage end of game 81%
+ I saw more build up play
+ The Cpu 20-25 passes around your box that occurs every game,and you can't stop them,that was gone in this game,much more direct in front of goal
- very passive defending
Felt that I was playing professional instead of WC
- still no fouls (probably have to pay for them...)
If I'm going to keep playing this,I need to either go up to LEG or set my pass accuracy/ft error up much higher,but all in all(minus passive defending) better than before!
And I for sure enjoyed it.
Don't know if the rest of you will,but since my sliders are set very slow and high FTE it's very enjoyable,just need to get the Cpu defending more aggressive

Played my career mode both pre and post patch
15 Min WC semi
Slow game speed (35/50 sprint/Acc)
Pass speed 30/20 (hum/CPU)
I'm playing as Sunderland Vs Sheffield W

And the game is completely different from pre patch
+ Ball physics must have been merged,even saw bouncing passes
+ Pass speed from the Cpu,much more organic, different speeds for different passes
+ Pass accuracy from the Cpu,much more balanced,much more misplaced passes,passes not reaching all the way through etc
+CPU players stepping on the ball ,not playing one touch all the time, acctually stopping with the ball
CPU pass percentage end of game 81%
+ I saw more build up play
+ The Cpu 20-25 passes around your box that occurs every game,and you can't stop them,that was gone in this game,much more direct in front of goal
- very passive defending
Felt that I was playing professional instead of WC
- still no fouls (probably have to pay for them...)
If I'm going to keep playing this,I need to either go up to LEG or set my pass accuracy/ft error up much higher,but all in all(minus passive defending) better than before!
And I for sure enjoyed it.
Don't know if the rest of you will,but since my sliders are set very slow and high FTE it's very enjoyable,just need to get the Cpu defending more aggressive
My pass speeds are much higher than yours (I think at the minute it's H44/C40), and at those speeds the AI just PINGS the ball about at a crazy speed - but if I lower it, you find really simple passes lagging too much and it looks like the game is in slow-motion (and destroys your build-up play).

The AI defending is exactly the same across all (Professional and higher) difficulty levels, in my experience yesterday. Playing as Newcastle I was hitting Tottenham on the counter and running down their wings with literally no resistance or pressure, then hitting cut-backs and scoring with ease - on Legendary and Ultimate.

With their defending being so bad, and their passing being so direct and perfect on Legendary and above (try Ultimate, they usually finish with 100% pass accuracy, absolutely crazy), it's impossible to enjoy long-term.

I picked Newcastle for a challenge and I've never been bossed by a team, except on Ultimate (and they do it by stringing impossible first-time passes together at light-speed, no matter who they are) - and even then I'll usually score at least two by full-time...

My pass speeds are much higher than yours (I think at the minute it's H44/C40), and at those speeds the AI just PINGS the ball about at a crazy speed - but if I lower it, you find really simple passes lagging too much and it looks like the game is in slow-motion (and destroys your build-up play).

The AI defending is exactly the same across all (Professional and higher) difficulty levels, in my experience yesterday. Playing as Newcastle I was hitting Tottenham on the counter and running down their wings with literally no resistance or pressure, then hitting cut-backs and scoring with ease - on Legendary and Ultimate.

With their defending being so bad, and their passing being so direct and perfect on Legendary and above (try Ultimate, they usually finish with 100% pass accuracy, absolutely crazy), it's impossible to enjoy long-term.

I picked Newcastle for a challenge and I've never been bossed by a team, except on Ultimate (and they do it by stringing impossible first-time passes together at light-speed, no matter who they are) - and even then I'll usually score at least two by full-time...
Could have been a one off game for me,only played one.
For me, if they'd fix the defending,I'd rather play it now than before.
I'm gonna play a few more games to see if it changes.

Every first game of the season when playing career/player mode is always good stat wise,at least that's how I've experienced FIFA recent years,you get fouls etc,then from game two and onwards it's toned down,could be this effect I experienced?

My experience differs from yours,except the passive defending
It could be that I continued my player career?
But those two modes plays pretty much the same (minus the scripting for your created player)

Back
Top Bottom