Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
The two main things for me haven't been addressed.. The ball physics and fouls. If they were close to PES on those (probably needs more fouls on both games) then this would easily be the best football game probably ever.

The two main things for me haven't been addressed.. The ball physics and fouls. If they were close to PES on those (probably needs more fouls on both games) then this would easily be the best football game probably ever.
Extremely hyperbolic post. The game even if it has fouls fixed is still far too easy in single player.

And the CPU plays like an idiot on higher difficulties. Best football game ever? It’s not even in contention.

FIFA 19 is a bad game and I feel the series is in serious decline now.

I hope and pray PES has some new stuff included for PES 2020 and not just faces and Aberdeen’s stadium or something equally as shit.

But Fifa is done. It’s an e-sport title now, a game for FUT Zombies and YouTubers who make money from it.

Talk about hyperbolic. FIFA 19 isn't a bad game. It's a very good game with some issues that keep it from being great and a couple that are just inexcusable. Game is easy though on assisted settings, which is fair enough.

Extremely hyperbolic post. The game even if it has fouls fixed is still far too easy in single player.

And the CPU plays like an idiot on higher difficulties. Best football game ever? It’s not even in contention.

FIFA 19 is a bad game and I feel the series is in serious decline now.

I hope and pray PES has some new stuff included for PES 2020 and not just faces and Aberdeen’s stadium or something equally as shit.

But Fifa is done. It’s an e-sport title now, a game for FUT Zombies and YouTubers who make money from it.
Im hoping you're wrong,but it's downhill for this game,no doubt!
Good post!

you can increase fouls by turning down

STANDING TACKLE
This attribute measures the ability of the player to time standing tackles so that they win the ball rather than give away a foul.
If the stat is low, he is more likely to miss time the challenge or kick the ball away. See ‘Sliding Tackle’ for more details about how this attribute works.

you can increase fouls by turning down

STANDING TACKLE
This attribute measures the ability of the player to time standing tackles so that they win the ball rather than give away a foul.
If the stat is low, he is more likely to miss time the challenge or kick the ball away. See ‘Sliding Tackle’ for more details about how this attribute works.

Or by incresing the REFEREE STRICTNESS sldier

REFEREE STRICTNESS
Higher value means more strictness, harsher decisions. The referee will be more likely to blow the whistle for even the slightest contact between the players. A lower value will make the referee be more lenient towards sliding and standing tackles.

Or by incresing the REFEREE STRICTNESS sldier

REFEREE STRICTNESS
Higher value means more strictness, harsher decisions. The referee will be more likely to blow the whistle for even the slightest contact between the players. A lower value will make the referee be more lenient towards sliding and standing tackles.
You're being sarcastic here but @Bond!JamesBond! is referring to the attributes rather than a slider (using this guide) - I think he's saying that if you edit the players to reduce each players' "standing tackle" attribute, they commit more fouls.

Not that I'm going to edit this on console for thousands upon thousands of players...

Oh sorry James Bond. Please don't kill me...
tumblr_mc6ds8apdY1qc3ugxo1_500.gif

I've had a bit of a sabbatical from this, other than five minute bursts where I scream at the TV because you can't slow the AI down, but after experimenting with dramatic slider changes I've been having some really good games.

Really enjoyed this one, with Everton repeatedly trying to get in through their wingers - team styles do (sometimes) really shine through in the gameplay.

The freedom of the ball produces some great moments.

EDIT: @Chuny, still waiting on your video(s)!

Last edited:
I've had a bit of a sabbatical from this, other than five minute bursts where I scream at the TV because you can't slow the AI down, but after experimenting with dramatic slider changes I've been having some really good games.

Really enjoyed this one, with Everton repeatedly trying to get in through their wingers - team styles do (sometimes) really shine through in the gameplay.

The freedom of the ball produces some great moments.

EDIT: @Chuny, still waiting on your video(s)!

Been doing some things for my PES mod. I really haven't played as much this weekend, as I thought I would.
I fired FIFA up on Friday night, but I was really tired so I wasn't enjoying it at all.
Saturday and Sunday I've had to mix between real life and working on my mod so, I couldn't do it. But I haven't forgot about you mate, as soon as I play and enjoy it I will record it.

Looks good. Can you share your slider settings, please?

there is gamplay changes in 1.10

Gameplay:

Made the following changes:
  • Further reduced the speed of the goalkeeper when being controlled by manual movement during open play.
    • This change builds further on the change that was made in Title Update 7.

Addressed the following issues:
  • Players were sometimes swapping positions on the pitch without any changes being requested by the controlling player.

FIFA 19 has its issues but man I've had so many amazing games of football with this so far this year. Definitely has that just one more game feel. That being said, like all FIFA games in the past, there are times when I don't really feel in total control of what a player is doing on the field. Like something else is going on in the background. Weird.

there is gamplay changes in 1.10
Yes, sorry, I meant "nothing major". Doesn't feel different (some patches in the past have "secretly" changed pass speed for example).

FIFA 19 has its issues but man I've had so many amazing games of football with this so far this year. Definitely has that just one more game feel. That being said, like all FIFA games in the past, there are times when I don't really feel in total control of what a player is doing on the field. Like something else is going on in the background. Weird.
Do you feel like formations and/or tactics matter? That's the one thing nagging me at the minute.

Yes, sorry, I meant "nothing major". Doesn't feel different (some patches in the past have "secretly" changed pass speed for example).

Do you feel like formations and/or tactics matter? That's the one thing nagging me at the minute.
I definitely do for what is worth. I find defending really easy on world class but cant score worth for shit. Changed formation from 451 to.a flat 433 and hey presto. Two games, two goals scored, two victories .

Patch 1.10 has just landed on consoles guys. No gameplay changes as far as I know.

Sure thing, will upload them tonight.

This is an incredibly boring video, but to see the AI behaving like this on Legendary is amazing to me (with sliders slowing them down so much):

Not gonna start anything Chris ,I also played Fifa yesterday (60 Fifa minutes)
But there's nothing in my game,or to be fair ,how the CPU plays back and forth/sideways that looks natural
And throw in the skating/sliding in to the mix.

Shows promises ,but right now it looks bad mate.
Why not playing a chip in to the box,after 10-15 passes sideways CPU shots from what I see is the position where your least likely to score from.

I might be nitpicky,and it's not your video,mainly my game from yesterday.
With that said,I'm still gonna give it some more chances later on.
Have to raise speed/acceleration/pass speed and see if it plays better

I think theres also a matter of "game to game variance" that affects how the cpu plays. It's in pes as well, sometimes you get shit games, sometimes you get good games. Sometimes a lot of either in a row.

I think theres also a matter of "game to game variance" that affects how the cpu plays. It's in pes as well, sometimes you get shit games, sometimes you get good games. Sometimes a lot of either in a row.
I agree,I probably get less shit games in fifa for sure,problem is I can't really see past that skating,which I'm sure is even more frequent on low speed/acceleration.
I'm gonna give it a few more runs.
And like I said I get less shit games/frustration on fifa but I also get less "YES!!" games.

And like I said I get less shit games/frustration on fifa but I also get less "YES!!" games.
I think my problem with football games can be summed up along these lines - PES has got me addicted (and I mean addicted) to "beating the system" (playing a HORRIBLY cheaty overpowered AI and having to FIGHT for control of my own players, but then somehow winning), because that winning feeling is amazing when you're so obviously at a disadvantage. You're not "supposed" to win.

Then you play a game that doesn't cripple your control, and when you win, it feels like nothing at all (in-fact, being British, there's even a little guilt in there - guilt for even thinking about feeling happy about winning when it's so much easier than PES is).

But I'm making progress - in my FIFA career I got to the Carabao Cup semi-final and came up against Manchester City. The joy I had was in defending and keeping a clean sheet for 90 minutes - that was really satisfying.

(Or at least, it was, until they scored in the 93rd minute - but you know what? It still felt great, because they only scored one, and I ended up having just two shots all game, and it felt legitimately challenging all game. So maybe there's hope for me...)

problem is I can't really see past that skating,which I'm sure is even more frequent on low speed/acceleration.
There's this, and the lack of fouls too. These are the "biggies".

Admittedly, on the lower sprint settings, I saw a player literally jogging on the spot yesterday when turning. It was exactly like a cartoon (jogging on the spot and then speeding forward). Frostbite is a piece of shit - something other developers are suffering with too, not just FIFA (check out this review of Anthem where they specifically say "please stop using Frostbite").

Honestly, I'm sort of starting to tune out the animation jank. The lack of fouls, though - that's a killer.

Last edited:
I think my problem with football games can be summed up along these lines - PES has got me addicted (and I mean addicted) to "beating the system" (playing a HORRIBLY cheaty overpowered AI and having to FIGHT for control of my own players, but then somehow winning), because that winning feeling is amazing when you're so obviously at a disadvantage. You're not "supposed" to win.

Then you play a game that doesn't cripple your control, and when you win, it feels like nothing at all (in-fact, being British, there's even a little guilt in there - guilt for feeling pleasure at winning when it's so much easier than PES is, because it's not practically-impossible).

But I'm making progress - in my FIFA career I got to the Carabao Cup semi-final and came up against Manchester City. The joy I had was in defending and keeping a clean sheet for 90 minutes - that was really satisfying.

(Or at least, it was, until they scored in the 93rd minute - but you know what? It still felt great, because they only scored one, and I ended up having just two shots all game, and it felt legitimately challenging all game. So maybe there's hope for me...)
I get that Chris,and I might swing to your mindset as well.
I'm still enjoying my PES,and just had a string of very good games (a few bad ones prior to that)
I jumped onboard fifa 19 when Pes failed me early on (release day more or less) same thing with fifa 18/Pes 18.

I'm gonna try a few more slider settings ,and also move up to Leg.
But right now I'm ok with Pes,so I don't really feel the need,and/or the sliding/no fouls, especially no fouls,it's so instrumental to how a game can swing in either direction when you have it.

Ps the guilt of winning, don't get me started on that,it's pretty much in our DNA as well mate,even got a word for it, Jante lag (lag =Law)
And it means "don't think you're better than anyone else/don't bang your own drum.

Great that you've found a game that works for you,I might be on board sooner than you think

Ps the guilt of winning, don't get me started on that,it's pretty much in our DNA as well mate,even got a word for it, Jante lag (lag =Law)
And it means "don't think you're better than anyone else/don't bang your own drum.
That's my favourite fact of the day! :D

Great that you've found a game that works for you,I might be on board sooner than you think
Being brutally honest (and excluding all the career mode goodies FIFA has)... I was enjoying PES 2019 much more last month than I'm enjoying FIFA 19 right now. I was loving it. But whatever happened with DP4 has totally ruined the game for me. It went from "the odd bad game" to "every game's a nightmare" and I keep going back to it, only to come away again in disgust.

I'm top-half with Newcastle on FIFA, which isn't a good feeling (too easy) - but I've just had three games in a row against the Manchester clubs and I've lost all three, and I've drawn against Sunderland (two leagues below the Premier League) in the FA Cup (which feels sort-of right, because it's a big derby game). So I feel like I've got the sliders in the right place now.

That's my favourite fact of the day! :D

Being brutally honest (and excluding all the career mode goodies FIFA has)... I was enjoying PES 2019 much more last month than I'm enjoying FIFA 19 right now. I was loving it. But whatever happened with DP4 has totally ruined the game for me. It went from "the odd bad game" to "every game's a nightmare" and I keep going back to it, only to come away again in disgust.

I'm top-half with Newcastle on FIFA, which isn't a good feeling (too easy) - but I've just had three games in a row against the Manchester clubs and I've lost all three, and I've drawn against Sunderland (two leagues below the Premier League) in the FA Cup (which feels sort-of right, because it's a big derby game). So I feel like I've got the sliders in the right place now.
Im playing (or played) Sunderland,I've done it since fifa 15 I think,or/and Burnley.
Don't ask me why, probably the underdog mentality.
Yeah Newcastle Vs Sunderland is a proper derby.

I'm mid table after 20 games with Sunderland (championship) and if I pick it up properly again,I'd hope to reach PL glory.

Even though I whine about sliding/no fouls I think the game itself is quite solid.
One wish though,I wish they'd had the top teams pulling away more,it's been an issue since 17 right?

Back
Top Bottom