Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
Lads, Im following this thread (mostly hoping for some tweaks from EA regarding fouls) and I dont post here as I have nothing to post about.

But I have to say this - last few post here were very interesting read.
So I thought im just gonna post this
tenor (3).gif

I agree,I probably get less shit games in fifa for sure,problem is I can't really see past that skating,which I'm sure is even more frequent on low speed/acceleration.
I'm gonna give it a few more runs.
And like I said I get less shit games/frustration on fifa but I also get less "YES!!" games.
Pes is a game of extremes far more than fifa yes. I think the games are inversely correlated to each other.
Pes for me: cheaty, formulaic, but feels good (weighty and solid, good animations) and has fouls.
Fifa : not as cheaty and not as formulaic, but doesn't feel as good as pes and has (close to) zero fouls.

Because of DP4.0 having hamstrung the game I feel I've seen everything pes has to offer even though I'm playing with great pc mods and apart from a minor domestic cup haven't won jack shit.
That's why I'm sticking with fifa for now. It's *really* hard to ignore the fouls situation though and more than ever before I'm having real trouble adjusting to the herky jerky animations and janky ball physics - the way the ball accelerates on high passes is just utter lunacy. *however* you get that "anything can happen * because the ball truly is a seperate entity. This is priceless in footy gaming imo.

i played two games and finally.... they fixed fullbacks, now they fallow wingers . So no longer fullbacks playing like they are Pogba or Kante in middle of the pitch ;)

Last edited:
It's *really* hard to ignore the fouls situation though and more than ever before I'm having real trouble adjusting to the herky jerky animations and janky ball physics - the way the ball accelerates on high passes is just utter lunacy. *however* you get that "anything can happen * because the ball truly is a seperate entity. This is priceless in footy gaming imo
That's were I'm at too mate,thing is I could really over look the no foul situation,because I didn't play Pes much before jumping on Fifa 19.
And the only reason why I would return to fifa 19 is what you wrote at the end there.
I'm going to give it a serious go,once my Pes goes bonkers and I need s break
That's what I've been doing since PES 15/Fifa 15,and I've always enjoyed both games,and having them for two different purposes.
Pes for my Serie A fix (pace/general feel of it)
Fifa for my L1/Championship and the odd PL season

Lads, Im following this thread (mostly hoping for some tweaks from EA regarding fouls) and I dont post here as I have nothing to post about.

But I have to say this - last few post here were very interesting read.
So I thought im just gonna post this
View attachment 12383
That's the strength of this forum,most people are quite balanced.
I remember some shit storms around fifa/Pes 17-18
But it's a great forum and it's absolutely improving my interest in these games,just wish EA/Konami would pick up some pointers as well

Had a good game yesterday playing my Sunderland career.
Did increase my sprint to 39,thinking I might even go higher in that one.

Loved the randomness of it.
Not liking the stiffness of it though.
Might not be my cup of tea right now,but good to have a game I can enjoy if all else fails

Hi all,

Two Career Mode questions - I am a FIFA newbie as I have been a PES player since PES3.
1. How does one setup man marking? I have seen an option for midfielders in the instructions tab but none for CBs or fullbacks
2. How do you assess what the opponent's tactics are? The game plan screen does not even show what formation the AI is using. Just says "READY". Is there any option that will allow me to see this?

Hi all,

Two Career Mode questions - I am a FIFA newbie as I have been a PES player since PES3.
1. How does one setup man marking? I have seen an option for midfielders in the instructions tab but none for CBs or fullbacks
2. How do you assess what the opponent's tactics are? The game plan screen does not even show what formation the AI is using. Just says "READY". Is there any option that will allow me to see this?
1) I don't think you can. I think you can change the way midfielders defend but defenders just defend as standard, if that makes sense... It's a feature I miss from PES.

2) Again, you can't - well, if you use a second controller and assign it to the AI, you can (and you can also sub on any players should the AI be stupid, like Klopp is being for me with Liverpool and not playing Salah for literally no reason - see my posts above). But other than doing that, you can't.

Which is really annoying when FIFA were talking about their new tactical options this year (because how do you set yours up, when you can't see what your opponent uses).

Actually you can check the cpu formation at anytime before or during the game when consulting the players rating table inside the pause menu.
That's after you've pressed "play match" and gone through the training ground screen though, right?

Before that point (what I would call "before the match") your only option is to move a second controller over to the AI team, as far as I know.

Yes indeed. You can't set up your formation accordingly before the game start. But who ever does in real life? You can only scoot and/or guess.
In an ideal world, I'd like to see their "last used" formation/players (which is what Football Manager does, up until the point that the match starts).

Without having any information at all, how on earth do you prepare a team for any match? You end up playing the same formation over and over because it suits your squad, rather than (e.g.) sacrificing better technical wing-backs for stronger wing-backs due to the ability of the opponent's wingers, etc...

This is why I was really annoyed when FIFA's marketing started pushing how serious they were about tactics in the run-up to FIFA 19's release. What's the point of it if we can't imagine what our opponents might do (so that we know what to counter with our tactics)?

PES 2013 had that if I remember correctly? An assistant showing you the strength and the weakness of your opponent before each game.

Ok, I was wrong, only Sunday league coaches (when a team has one) have no clue about their opponents general strategy.

Last edited:
I'm using some sliders off operations sports.. Not the matt 10 ones.. But I've gone full manual, legendary but gone plus 2 on accel and speed for me.. It seems to stop or ease the OP AI defending but doesn't give you that much of an advantage in terms of always beating players.. Even got a pen and a few free kicks as you can nip in a bit quicker to the ball.. Might be worth trying.. I think the AI reaction at equal sliders are quicker than yours which is why the taking is so clean and OP

Wasn't sure whether to put this in the "comparison" thread or here, but considering that I talk about my FIFA offline career mode game, I've put it here!

I've started really enjoying FIFA 19 again with the sliders I posted in the sliders thread. It's far from perfect obviously (RIP fouls, u r wiv da angles now, miss u free kicks, neva 4get) and the extremity of the sliders does break other things.

The game still bases logic around what it expects speed/acceleration to be (plus ball speed), so occasionally when hitting a pass - especially on semi-passing, which I had to abandon - the recipient jogs forwards and backwards in a cycle while they wait for the ball, as if they're "fighting" the sliders ("I WANT TO RUN AND GET THE BALL, WHO PUT THIS INVISIBLE WALL IN THE WAY").

But here's something that's a big deal for me - if I play Man City on PES, I can play on the "normal" def/att level and not suffer hugely for it (beyond the AI scoring one of their unstoppable goals that feel forced as all fuck).

On FIFA, as Newcastle, I HAVE TO go all-out defence from kick-off. I've said it before in the FIFA 19 thread, but I managed to hold on against Man City until the last minute and it STILL felt like an achievement to just get beat 1-0.

Because when I played them again and forgot to change my def/att level, I got absolutely pummelled. I was 2-0 down in ten minutes and ended up losing 4-0 - proving that tactics do actually matter, even though the skateyness of the players makes them feel redundant.

Watching Match of the Day last night and looking at the analysis of how Everton were transitioning from defence to attack, with Richarlison starting off one move in a CM position before sweeping back to a RB position to make an interception and then pounding up the wing as a RW, you realise how PES is so locked-down positionally whereas FIFA allows for this kind of thing to happen (and when I've seen it in FIFA before, I've shouted "how unrealistic is this shit, players are all over the place").

I was finding FIFA way too easy (and may well do again) but slowing everything down has made a big difference for me - lots more passes are intercepted because of how much slower they are. Without sliders, I wouldn't be able to play the game.

In terms of the career mode I've got going, Mike Ashley has told me he wants me to finish with a £100m profit margin at the end of the season, and to achieve that, I can only sell players and not buy any. When I have sold players, he only adds 50% of their value into the transfer kitty, just in-case I'm tempted.

The only players I've been able to attract (because fuck you, Mike Ashley - I need players) are realistically-interested players with realistic budget demands. I managed to sign Benteke (who I'm hoping I can turn into a decent target man) and Bertrand (to replace Dummett, who's gone to West Brom), but we have big problems on the wings.

I tried to sign Mendy from Man City and Pep (via the cut-scene) just stood up and left my office as I made my initial offer (what an idiot for getting the train up to Newcastle in the first place, we could have spoken on the phone first).

Ritchie (RM) is injured, Yedlin (RB) is injured, and half the first-team squad are on loan and leave at the end of the season (e.g. Rondon, the main striker). Plus, my "manager score" is plummeting because Mike isn't happy at me spending money. So it's a real challenge on and off the pitch.

By contrast, on PES (still as Newcastle), my scouts recommended four Real Madrid and Barcelona players (two of them first-team players), all in the first few weeks, all of them "very interested" (4/5 bars) in moving to us.

I signed two of them in the very first window (two wing-backs), and it made absolutely no difference. They were as "locked up" as my standard defenders in defensive situations, and as easily dispossessed when attacking.

So I'm in deep now, fighting in mid-table and trying to build something for a Europa League push next season - if Mike keeps me on. I feel attached to a career, and the gameplay is deep enough to keep me going.

Inspired by LiverpoolRed from OS forums i decided to start an EPL season playing every game, will probably take me until the end of this year. By that time the new FIFA would have been released and hopefully cheaper.

Using @Krebstar new sliders on World Class, 15 mins, semi controls. After 6 games i am really enjoying it. It has a nice pace and there is a lot of random stuff going on. Bigger teams are harder to play against.

Currently uploading a video of the goals from the first 5 games. Will take until tomorrow morning on my slow connection.

Although i am not familiar with FIFA as i am with PES, it seemed to me yesterday that after the latest update the ball speed became a little bit faster in PS4. Last time i played with the 9th update i had set my pass speed slider to 45. Yesterday playing the same career with the 10th update, even with 45 in pass speed it seemed so rushed, like pinball, the ball was not free for not even 1% of time, i was forced dropped it to 40.
I only don't know if FIFA in ps4pro has the performance issues as PES, where time and lighting (day/night) and weather may affect the game speed.

I managed to sign Benteke (who I'm hoping I can turn into a decent target man) and Bertrand (to replace Dummett, who's gone to West Brom), but we have big problems on the wings.
Quick update...

2-0 down against (much better team) Tottenham. Imagine my joy when two of my new signings, Gudmundsson (great crosser) and Benteke (target man) combine as I'd always imagined.

Oh wait.

I guess you can't take the Benteke out of Benteke.

EDIT: Also, just hit a wide shot with Shelvey and got given a corner - wondered why. What a save...

Last edited:
Here are the goals from the first five matches in the EPL season that I am playing.
Games featured are

*Man United v Leicester
*Newcastle v Tottenham
*Bournemouth v Cardiff
*Fulham v Crystal Palace
*Huddersfield v Chelsea

*was controlled by me

Hazard was brilliant in all of Chelsea’s goals, I could not stop him at times.
So far this game is playing good for me :)

Although i am not familiar with FIFA as i am with PES, it seemed to me yesterday that after the latest update the ball speed became a little bit faster in PS4. Last time i played with the 9th update i had set my pass speed slider to 45. Yesterday playing the same career with the 10th update, even with 45 in pass speed it seemed so rushed, like pinball, the ball was not free for not even 1% of time, i was forced dropped it to 40.
I only don't know if FIFA in ps4pro has the performance issues as PES, where time and lighting (day/night) and weather may affect the game speed.

Try Krebstar’s sliders here https://forums.operationsports.com/...s-fifa-19-professional-world-cup-sliders.html

He is still working on them since the update and there are a few tweaks that he has made in later posts on that thread. Playing with these has got me enjoying the game again.

Needs to be played on 15mins though to allow for patient build up. ;)

Fifa career may be stale, but there still is a very good amount of stuff to do and the vague sensation you are world-simulating something plausible. I'm afraid I can't say the same about current ML.
Exactly. CM is so much better than ML. It's like I have to shut a part of me down and shorten my stride to play ML. Life's too short.

Needs to be played on 15mins though to allow for patient build up. ;)
My sliders (posted in the slider thread) are pretty close to his, but with adjustments to allow for "standard" length games (e.g. first touch error has to be reduced to the 60s). Can't commit to 15-minute halves (otherwise I'd never finish a season, and I'd rather have a career than play one season) but I can certainly see the benefits if you can!

My sliders (posted in the slider thread) are pretty close to his, but with adjustments to allow for "standard" length games (e.g. first touch error has to be reduced to the 60s). Can't commit to 15-minute halves (otherwise I'd never finish a season, and I'd rather have a career than play one season) but I can certainly see the benefits if you can!

Heh heh I am doubting if I will finish the season especially if i am recording goals etc but I will give it a go. I would also prefer a career but I was reading somewhere that the CPU still doesnt pick the strongest teams in the CPU v CPU games. Have you found that to be the case?

Also Chris, with the longer games it really does slow it down a bit along with the sliders. And surprisingly there are not many shots. In the Newcastle (me) v Spurs, Newcastle had about 6 shots to Spurs’ 18 which is quite realistic considering how Spurs ‘used’ to play. But in the Fulham (me) v Crystal Palace game there was about 6 shots each plus 4 fouls from them and 2 from me.

Last edited:
Exactly. CM is so much better than ML. It's like I have to shut a part of me down and shorten my stride to play ML. Life's too short.
Do you know what is my only concern, despite any difference in physics/mechanics etc. Everything seems pretty much stuck to the ground, the ball during passing/controlling/receiving etc. If it was a futsal (5x5) simulator with the 100% same gameplay it would be 5/5. Not a gamebreaker but just a notice. It looks very much like PES 2016 in this section.

I would also prefer a career but I was reading somewhere that the CPU still doesnt pick the strongest teams in the CPU v CPU games. Have you found that to be the case?
In my experience they largely pick decent teams, BUT there are a few glaring examples of terrible AI. I posted a screenshot earlier in the thread that shows Liverpool have played Salah just three times all season (over half-way through now) - he's not been injured. They've just played poor replacements (and kids) instead. So much so that they're in the bottom five...

However, you can put a controller over to the AI side and "correct" their line-up pre-kick-off should you wish to (which also lets you see the formation they're using, so that you can prepare tactically - without doing so, you've no idea what formation they use)...

Back
Top Bottom