Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
In my experience they largely pick decent teams, BUT there are a few glaring examples of terrible AI. I posted a screenshot earlier in the thread that shows Liverpool have played Salah just three times all season (over half-way through now) - he's not been injured. They've just played poor replacements (and kids) instead. So much so that they're in the bottom five...

However, you can put a controller over to the AI side and "correct" their line-up pre-kick-off should you wish to (which also lets you see the formation they're using, so that you can prepare tactically - without doing so, you've no idea what formation they use)...

Oh yes it was your post that I read. It kills it for me Chris because I am a bit of a stat man and I love looking at how many goals, and by whom, the other teams are scoring. I know you can change the line up for your game but not for CPU v CPU.

With me playing all the EPL games I can also change the lineup for each team. But yep obviously this is going to take me months to get through a season. But I am hoping that the individual games can give me the enjoyment I want and not so much the overall experience over a few seasons of CM.

The only thing that annoys me is that the player stats only include Goals, Assists, Clean Sheets, Yellows, and Reds. I am sure that there was a FIFA when you could see each teams injuries too. There have been a few niggly injuries so far and I would love to be able to see a page that shows how long they are out for. It just adds to my imagination and the whole immersion thing.

There have been a few niggly injuries so far and I would love to be able to see a page that shows how long they are out for. It just adds to my imagination and the whole immersion thing.
This is what I've always been terrible at and sort-of refuse to do - use my imagination to fill in the gaps, it all feels a bit silly to me when the game should be providing the "story".

Hence why I'm loving that I've been told by "the owners", i.e. Ashley, in my Newcastle career that I have to generate over £100m in profit - which can only be done by selling players and not buying (m)any - and to bring young players through to replace the guys who leave. Rather than me "imagine" that, it's an actual "you do this or you're fired" thing.

Career mode still leaves a lot to be desired but that gives me distinct, and challenging, off-the-field objectives that are as much of a challenge as the gameplay is. Really enjoying it right now, especially as I'm struggling (lost 3-0 to Tottenham, lost 1-0 to Wolves and my new signings aren't exactly proving me right to Mr. Ashley).

i use kerbstar sliders and i fell like ,,run frequency'' makes biggest difference - anything more than 0 make big mess - too many fast tiki taka passes. Also his height , width and lenght sliders makes middlefield more visable and important for AI.

Guys, is Ultimate difficulty in Career Mode a challenge this year? Cause AI in Fifa 17 and Fifa 18 were so easy to beat on the hardest difficulty. I am thinking about purchasing Fifa 19, but i need a challenge when playing career mode. SO how is the AI on ultimate (Carreer Mode) ?

Guys, is Ultimate difficulty in Career Mode a challenge this year? Cause AI in Fifa 17 and Fifa 18 were so easy to beat on the hardest difficulty. I am thinking about purchasing Fifa 19, but i need a challenge when playing career mode. SO how is the AI on ultimate (Carreer Mode) ?
A lot of people still say it's too easy, but I've nearly done a season now on Legendary - but as Newcastle, with sliders that slow the gameplay down - and I've just managed to stop a five-game-losing-streak with a 2-0 win at Everton.

I'm 11th, after starting without the sliders and finding it a little easy at first - but now, with sliders, I'm really struggling (and this is after buying better players).

However, if you're an amazing online player, it will probably still be too easy for you...

Tried Chris slider set. Game just doesn’t feel like football to me, it’s all over the place still.

I’m so used to PES slower, weighty feel now I just can’t enjoy this anymore. I’m going to avoid Fifa 20 like the plague unless they slow the thing down and give us a NEW game, not just FIFA yearly update.

Pes is definetly weightier and ball physics are superior but the AI and shooting Animations are so bad. Seeing the same shots time and time again

My main issue returning to fifa (played a few games today) is I don't know what where to play?

I kept my Sunderland save going in The championship.
But I'm so tired playing in England,this game is very much a PL product,and I have zero interest in that!

So tried Serie A, absolute rubbish ,it doesn't sit right with me.
Ligue 1 feels rubbish as well.
So what remains?
Bundesliga (had a good run in 17&18)
And how's La Liga?
It's pretty much fully licensed right ? (Stadiums,graphics etc)
Anyone had any experience if that league in fifa 19?

Im enjoying this a lot with sliders. Playing a league with Liverpool 15 min halves. Just beat West ham 1 nil in opening game. Late goal and Alison had a blinder. About 5 fouls too.. Could be more but at least its some. One thing I noticed is when you get shirt pulled press the left button or shield and youll get a free kick. Happened twice for me

My main issue returning to fifa (played a few games today) is I don't know what where to play?

I kept my Sunderland save going in The championship.
But I'm so tired playing in England,this game is very much a PL product,and I have zero interest in that!

So tried Serie A, absolute rubbish ,it doesn't sit right with me.
Ligue 1 feels rubbish as well.
So what remains?
Bundesliga (had a good run in 17&18)
And how's La Liga?
It's pretty much fully licensed right ? (Stadiums,graphics etc)
Anyone had any experience if that league in fifa 19?
Still missing the Camp Nou, which stinks, given it's the league's most important stadium the past decade.

Tried Chris slider set. Game just doesn’t feel like football to me, it’s all over the place still.

I’m so used to PES slower, weighty feel now I just can’t enjoy this anymore. I’m going to avoid Fifa 20 like the plague unless they slow the thing down and give us a NEW game, not just FIFA yearly update.

Try Krebstar’s sliders, World Class, Semi Assisted, 15 min halves.:TU:

I'm currently playing a career with RCD Mallorca (primarily planned to do this with PES, but you know...) and have a lot of fun, especially since I'm promoted in La Liga. You have the full tv package, and personally I don't mind not having Camp Nou. There are a lot of other really cool "old school" stadiums in the league, like the ones in Eibar, Villareal or Leganes for example.

Last edited:
My Sunderland save plays ok,but I decided to start a new one with Genoa last night,but seriously?
Gameplay was God awful,the CPU never stops with the ball,take a few steps,turn around etc
It's all one touch football,and I can't go any lower on sprint/pass speed.
Like I said,my championship save is ok (ish) but this?

Yes, you are right, I was under the impression that the 3 missing stadiums had been added in the Day 1 patch, but that's not the case.
Yeah,and sorry for my stingy reply mate,but I knew I was right:)
But there's plenty of stadiums anyhow which is really good

My Sunderland save plays ok,but I decided to start a new one with Genoa last night,but seriously?
Gameplay was God awful,the CPU never stops with the ball,take a few steps,turn around etc
It's all one touch football,and I can't go any lower on sprint/pass speed.
Like I said,my championship save is ok (ish) but this?
this. used to be my feelings.. Try legendary . 46 pass speed 68 error and 85 first touch and 35 line length and run freq at 0...also have sprint speed to about 37. This stops AI pass frenzy

this. used to be my feelings.. Try legendary . 46 pass speed 68 error and 85 first touch and 35 line length and run freq at 0...also have sprint speed to about 37. This stops AI pass frenzy
I'm down to 35 sprint,and 30/20 in pass speed ,I think I'm on 1 at run freq.
I'm going to sit down and give it some tweaks later on
Thanks pal

I've had a bit of a sabbatical from this, other than five minute bursts where I scream at the TV because you can't slow the AI down, but after experimenting with dramatic slider changes I've been having some really good games.

Really enjoyed this one, with Everton repeatedly trying to get in through their wingers - team styles do (sometimes) really shine through in the gameplay.

The freedom of the ball produces some great moments.

EDIT: @Chuny, still waiting on your video(s)!
been reading from here...
will try your set tonight. its time for some FIFA again... after weeks of the other game only.
Edit: that counter attack at 1:45 min... advantage given, you take it to the wings (calm and with a plan in mind), be even calmer when finding the right attacker to cross to, crossing it in, heading it in... what a lovely counter attack!! :APPLAUD:
Edit2: and how I like the closing minutes. Great job defending and how you came up one on one in the 88th. I bet your heart was racing! :) ...that’s why you didnt score. And if you don’t (that’s the law), they will! :D glad you made it happen at the end!! Thrilling stuff!
Patch 1.10 has just landed on consoles guys. No gameplay changes as far as I know.

Sure thing, will upload them tonight.

This is an incredibly boring video, but to see the AI behaving like this on Legendary is amazing to me (with sliders slowing them down so much):

what da hell is the AI doing in front of your pen area!? passing like a youth team not knowing what to do next! :D never seen that.
Wasn't sure whether to put this in the "comparison" thread or here, but considering that I talk about my FIFA offline career mode game, I've put it here!

I've started really enjoying FIFA 19 again with the sliders I posted in the sliders thread. It's far from perfect obviously (RIP fouls, u r wiv da angles now, miss u free kicks, neva 4get) and the extremity of the sliders does break other things.

The game still bases logic around what it expects speed/acceleration to be (plus ball speed), so occasionally when hitting a pass - especially on semi-passing, which I had to abandon - the recipient jogs forwards and backwards in a cycle while they wait for the ball, as if they're "fighting" the sliders ("I WANT TO RUN AND GET THE BALL, WHO PUT THIS INVISIBLE WALL IN THE WAY").

But here's something that's a big deal for me - if I play Man City on PES, I can play on the "normal" def/att level and not suffer hugely for it (beyond the AI scoring one of their unstoppable goals that feel forced as all fuck).

On FIFA, as Newcastle, I HAVE TO go all-out defence from kick-off. I've said it before in the FIFA 19 thread, but I managed to hold on against Man City until the last minute and it STILL felt like an achievement to just get beat 1-0.

Because when I played them again and forgot to change my def/att level, I got absolutely pummelled. I was 2-0 down in ten minutes and ended up losing 4-0 - proving that tactics do actually matter, even though the skateyness of the players makes them feel redundant.

Watching Match of the Day last night and looking at the analysis of how Everton were transitioning from defence to attack, with Richarlison starting off one move in a CM position before sweeping back to a RB position to make an interception and then pounding up the wing as a RW, you realise how PES is so locked-down positionally whereas FIFA allows for this kind of thing to happen (and when I've seen it in FIFA before, I've shouted "how unrealistic is this shit, players are all over the place").

I was finding FIFA way too easy (and may well do again) but slowing everything down has made a big difference for me - lots more passes are intercepted because of how much slower they are. Without sliders, I wouldn't be able to play the game.

In terms of the career mode I've got going, Mike Ashley has told me he wants me to finish with a £100m profit margin at the end of the season, and to achieve that, I can only sell players and not buy any. When I have sold players, he only adds 50% of their value into the transfer kitty, just in-case I'm tempted.

The only players I've been able to attract (because fuck you, Mike Ashley - I need players) are realistically-interested players with realistic budget demands. I managed to sign Benteke (who I'm hoping I can turn into a decent target man) and Bertrand (to replace Dummett, who's gone to West Brom), but we have big problems on the wings.

I tried to sign Mendy from Man City and Pep (via the cut-scene) just stood up and left my office as I made my initial offer (what an idiot for getting the train up to Newcastle in the first place, we could have spoken on the phone first).

Ritchie (RM) is injured, Yedlin (RB) is injured, and half the first-team squad are on loan and leave at the end of the season (e.g. Rondon, the main striker). Plus, my "manager score" is plummeting because Mike isn't happy at me spending money. So it's a real challenge on and off the pitch.

By contrast, on PES (still as Newcastle), my scouts recommended four Real Madrid and Barcelona players (two of them first-team players), all in the first few weeks, all of them "very interested" (4/5 bars) in moving to us.

I signed two of them in the very first window (two wing-backs), and it made absolutely no difference. They were as "locked up" as my standard defenders in defensive situations, and as easily dispossessed when attacking.

So I'm in deep now, fighting in mid-table and trying to build something for a Europa League push next season - if Mike keeps me on. I feel attached to a career, and the gameplay is deep enough to keep me going.
like i always say... game speed and game lenght changes a lot (in both games)! changes your behaviour and the AI's!

i liked the videos above (the pace)... so much i'll give it another try tonight!
will try Krebstar slider for the first time (lets see what they provide in regards to Matts)! and i'll have a look at your latest ones in the slider thread too.
good day all of you!

Last edited:
I did start Career in spanish D2 with (obviously, @rockstrongo ) Mallorca last year. Dont know how it is now after all patches, but I didnt enjoy it at all back then. It was end to end tennis match, no build up whatsoever. Dont think I had a single match that would end with less than 4 goals. :/

I did start Career in spanish D2 with (obviously, @rockstrongo ) Mallorca last year. Dont know how it is now after all patches, but I didnt enjoy it at all back then. It was end to end tennis match, no build up whatsoever. Dont think I had a single match that would end with less than 4 goals. :/

Funny, how experiences differ. I have plenty of matches with less than 3 goals, even some with zero goals. Finished the second year with Mallorca some days ago and probably the first time ever in Fifa I have a quite realistic goal difference at the end of a season.

Last edited:
Funny, how experiences differ. I have plenty of matches with less than 3 goals, even some with zero goals. Finished the second year with Mallorca some days ago and probably the first time ever in Fifa I have a quiet realistic goal difference at the end of a season.
To be honest - it could be partially my fault.
i didnt give it enough time to properly test different sliders, formations and get use to gameplay. End-to-end matches could probably be slowed down with some settings and my own play style. I just couldnt bare few games in a row with literally zero fouls. That was a game breaker to me.

My problem isn't the scores,but how fast the string together passes without stepping on the ball,and my players stupidity when trying to make runs

To be honest - it could be partially my fault.
i didnt give it enough time to properly test different sliders, formations and get use to gameplay. End-to-end matches could probably be slowed down with some settings and my own play style. I just couldnt bare few games in a row with literally zero fouls. That was a game breaker to me.

I am with you. Normally I never touch sliders as I don't want to waste my spare time with testing different setups, thinking about what could be done better and so on. After an annoying bug in the career mode I paused Fifa and went back to PES, but I can't stand it anymore, reasons are discussed more than enough in the other thread...
So I went back and for some reason I checked the OS Forum and set up the current community setup. And all of a sudden I had fun again. But yeah, the lack of fouls is absolute shit (ironically I get frequently penalties in contrast to the other game), but when I have to choose between both games, to me Fifa is the lesser of two evils.

Back
Top Bottom