Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
On the OS forums there is a user called Aaron485f who has a slider set (you'll see it on the first page) which is basically an in-between of Kreb's sliders and the OS community ones. I've found it to be the best of all of them so far. Also would recommend playing semi assisted passing, manual throughball, manual lob if you aren't already. Shooting I leave on assisted because there is already enough error with the sliders.
I'll have a look at them pal
Thanks a lot
I'm on semi passing/shooting and manual all else.
I really recommend semi shooting,it really feels loose and realistic

Last edited:
Heh heh i am so rubbish at this game because i still find it a challenge. I’m still on World Class, using Matt’s sliders now, full manual (which is a must for me to increase the difficulty) but with my accuracy at 50, also to up the challenge it is good to play on broadcast. I find the CPU attacks ok, getting just as many shots as me in.

Playing as Wigan now in a CM as i thought playing all the EPL games would take me too long especially with videos etc...
Always been a WC too mate,but having First touch error at 95 made it very passive,but lowering it to 75 and shot error down to 60 made it very good,had to fight hard for a win.
Don't really see that much difference between WC-LEG-ULT at least on these sliders.

I should play manual to,but since the CPU has such high pass % it feels a bit useless,semi works alright for me

If you're finding it easy, maybe give these sliders a go on Legendary. I play on these with assisted passing and I get beat by the big teams regularly, whilst beating the worse teams (most of the time, but sometimes they go on all-out defence and it'll finish 0-0).

The reason I don't use semi-passing (which I always did pre-Frostbite) is this - @PRO_TOO absolutely nails it here, and I've always found it difficult to convey:

[ON MANUAL PASSING] in FIFA19 i feel input is different nearly every time i hit the buttons. like the game is rewarding some passes with a higher percentage and adding some speed or taking it off! its crazy sometimes. and no, it has nothing to do with how i position my player or if he was off balance. its in the gameplay input mechanics i think!

For me, semi-passing and manual-passing in the Frostbite FIFAs is random as fuck. They can explain this by saying "well every contact is different so every pass is a little different, sometimes underhit sometimes overhit".

I want to say "that's great and realistic" - but the variation is so wide that you are left with no consistency in your passing, and moves break down without it being your fault. I don't think it's realistic (too many basic passes go wrong, they're professional footballers) and it certainly isn't fun, so it's not simulation, it's not arcade, it's just broken.

But with assisted passing (with "pass error" up a little bit), it's much better.

As @PRO_TOO proved by uploading a video that immediately gathered comments like "that looks nothing like football" - it doesn't look like football, it looks like a beta (and occasionally feels like one) because of how janky Frostbite is.

But in terms of end result, well... It feels pretty great to have to play all-out defence against Man City (exactly like you have to in real life - see the game v Schalke last night, that's what happens to me when I play them as Newcastle and play on "neutral", and I don't think that happens in any other football game - not such a thumping defeat, and not every time).

It's wobbly and weird and doesn't feel great sometimes, but the game flow (and how important individuals are in the modern game) is pretty close to reality I think. Just not to watch...

@Chris Davies I got a very good game lowering FTE to 75,and I had to fight hard to beat Parma 3-2.
Kinda knew having 95 first touch error would make it passive.
I'm playing Vs Juventus next game and it should be a good test if they hold up.
Still not getting a frenzy game play in these which is good

@Chris Davies I got a very good game lowering FTE to 75,and I had to fight hard to beat Parma 3-2.
Kinda knew having 95 first touch error would make it passive.
I'm playing Vs Juventus next game and it should be a good test if they hold up.
Still not getting a frenzy game play in these which is good
A good test for me is a friendly as Newcastle or a similarly poor team against Man City.

If you're not at least one goal down by half time (when you're playing on neutral attacking settings), the sliders are giving you too much of an advantage.

As I say, whenever I play them I get absolutely murdered. I can't ever remember celebrating losing just 1-0 before... But that's the experience I get in this game. Despite the jelly-legs...

A good test for me is a friendly as Newcastle or a similarly poor team against Man City.

If you're not at least one goal down by half time (when you're playing on neutral attacking settings), the sliders are giving you too much of an advantage.

As I say, whenever I play them I get absolutely murdered. I can't ever remember celebrating losing just 1-0 before... But that's the experience I get in this game. Despite the jelly-legs...
I see it as a good alternative to my 17/18 (Pes) gaming.

When I played my last game Vs Parma on my new settings,I got surprised that they played both very direct and patient depending on how the game evolved.
Also they surprised me with a proper screamer from outside the box.
I'll upload that one later on.

Like I said Juventus away should be a loss for me,or a hard fought draw

through the legs AND deflected!? :SNACK:
i love it when the cam pans around in those situations! it looks awesome, imo!
Yes it looks really good,I'm watching a lot of Serie A /La liga on the TV,and especially La Liga has a lot of those graphics/camera pans.

The ultimate (pun intended) test for my tweaked Krebstar sliders.
Since having a far to easy time in them I tweaked them a bit and was facing Juventus away in my career mode.

IMG_20190313_144928.jpg

First game I haven't out shot the CPU by at least 20 shots.
This game was very tough,I had to focus on counter attacks all game long.
The individual skills of Juventus was a joy to play against,and I didn't feel cheated either.
Went 1-0 up in the 48th minute on a rare chance.
Then "Mr no longer on the cover of this game" made a few moves and it was 1-1.

They hit their winner in the 86th minute,they back down and I almost grabbed an equaliser.
Very good game
Highlight being me nutmegging big bastard(o) Cheillini

Totally get what you mean @Chris Davies by being ok with a loss Vs a big team,will keep this set unless it goes bonkers Vs weaker ones.
But a lovely game that had me fighting for my life

as i am leaving work earlier today... Newcaste vs ManCity it is when i get home! Krebstar slider with the latest tweaks from our users here (plus upping game speed to regular). just cant find the post anymore... FTE down afair... hm...

edit: ah, @rockstrongo commented on that! 75 FTE! ...and a lower shot error.

I have first touch error MUCH lower - I'm still tweaking my sliders all the time, but if I was to have a higher first-touch error, it would be in the hope that it'd stop the AI being able to first-time pass constantly (they never have to take a first-touch first) - but for me it barely effects this, so I don't see the point in it being really high, if all it does is occasionally make a world-class player have a pub-team touch.

Of course, you want them to make mistakes - but for me, 66 is high enough to make more mistakes happen. Plus, I think I have their shot error at 54-55. But then I play 7 minute halves...

If I had the time I'd do much more extensive testing of game speeds - for me the game is only playable on SLOW, and if I switch to NORMAL I have to reduce acceleration etc. to a level that would essentially make fatigue never happen any more... BUT, I often wonder if animations and deflections are more natural on NORMAL.

Last edited:
as i am leaving work earlier today... Newcaste vs ManCity it is when i get home! Krebstar slider with the latest tweaks from our users here (plus upping game speed to regular). just cant find the post anymore... FTE down afair... hm...

Try them out,you won't get frenzy tiki taka but you'll also get some sharp AI.
I struggled to keep up with juve!
You're on manual right?
Don't know how they'll play out there,but for me on semi,they're tough.
Good base by @Krebstar

Just a thought, dont know if yall agree with me.

Sliders are both Salvation and Curse in FIFA.
If you find a good set it can turn unplayable into enjoyable.

But

What I found was, that after a while you get into this mad circle of constant adjustments. Its never perfect. What if I change this? Increase this, decrease that?

Talking about my own personal experience here, but after a while I was more interested in sliders, than my career on FIFA. I stopped enjoying matches alltogether. I got lost in Sea of Madness. Dont get lost, guys.

I have first touch error MUCH lower - I'm still fiddling with my sliders all the time, but the primary reason I'd have a higher first-touch error is to stop the AI being able to first-time pass constantly (without ever having to commit a first-touch of the ball first), and for me it only has the minimum effect on this - so I don't see the point in it being really high, if all it does is occasionally make a world-class player have a pub-team touch.

Of course, you want them to make mistakes - but for me, 66 is high enough to do this. Plus, I think I have their shot error at 54-55. But then I play 7 minute halves...

If I had the time I'd do much more extensive testing of game speeds - for me the game is only playable on SLOW, and if I switch to NORMAL I have to reduce acceleration etc. to a level that would essentially make fatigue never happen any more... BUT, I often wonder if animations and deflections are more natural on NORMAL.
thats what i'm a little afraid of when i get home and set it to regular speed. i dont want the (even on slow with krebstar slider) sometimes poping in acceleration in aniamtions and speed be even more outstanding.
you know what i mean. this unnatural increase and decrease in speed here and there!
but lets see. ill post the settings and the whole match video if its any good! :)

Try them out,you won't get frenzy tiki taka but you'll also get some sharp AI.
I struggled to keep up with juve!
You're on manual right?
Don't know how they'll play out there,but for me on semi,they're tough.
Good base by @Krebstar
yes, FUMA all the way!! ill give feedback!

I have first touch error MUCH lower - I'm still fiddling with my sliders all the time, but the primary reason I'd have a higher first-touch error is to stop the AI being able to first-time pass constantly (without ever having to commit a first-touch of the ball first), and for me it only has the minimum effect on this - so I don't see the point in it being really high, if all it does is occasionally make a world-class player have a pub-team touch.

Of course, you want them to make mistakes - but for me, 66 is high enough to do this. Plus, I think I have their shot error at 54-55. But then I play 7 minute halves...

I think the lower touch and shoot error you have plays well on shorter games,I'm on 15 min and i think it's needed with a longer game.
I'd say the difference between the original 95 FTE and the 75 I've gone down to is controlling it properly for the CPU or not,they get way to passive on 95.
It's a tricky balance,either passive or very direct.

Then ,game length,and a forgotten slider that alters a lot,camera angle!

thats what i'm a little afraid of when i get home and set it to regular speed. i dont want the (even on slow with krebstar slider) sometimes poping in acceleration in aniamtions and speed be even more outstanding.
you know what i mean. this unnatural increase and decrease in speed here and there!
but lets see. ill post the settings and the whole match video if its any good! :)

yes, FUMA all the way!! ill give feedback!
Great!
Start off at 85 and see how it works for you,then you'll know whether to go up or down on them.
Keep an eye out for shot count being equally-ish
Have a good game

But

What I found was, that after a while you get into this mad circle of constant adjustments. Its never perfect. What if I change this? Increase this, decrease that?

Talking about my own personal experience here, but after a while I was more interested in sliders, than my career on FIFA. I stopped enjoying matches alltogether. I got lost in Sea of Madness. Dont get lost, guys.
It's all about (for me) finding good stats.
Good teams=tough to play against
Crap teams=you should win,sometimes blow them out depending on your own team if course.

And pretty much find something you tolerate and enjoy.

And I agree on slider being good and bad,sometimes you'll over do them,and keep fiddling even when playing.
I found a set that gives me a tough time Vs tough teams,and being able to win Vs lower ranked teams.
And accepting the bs that turns up without being to annoying

But

This is why sliders have to be intended to be used as a base. Adjustments will come and go, but the base fundamentals have to be achieved. That is strictly the purpose for when I create sliders. I just want logic to be adhered to. The other elements such as fouls and stats are nice, but you can't build a set like that.

In FIFA, especially 19, the custom-team tactics come into play much more than they have before on the frostbite engine. The height depth value alone controls a significant amount of shape, and at times the line height slider value gets ignored as a result.

The best advice I can give anyone is that test sliders with multiple teams and formations. If you see sliders from someone who uses the same team and formations constantly, it may be good for them, but different for you. Another red flag, for me personally, is when the sliders author is always have great games - and posting about them. That's not football. It can be ugly, and it can get very messy. I think FIFA has done well here, but it can be better. This is another reason to not use statistics as a means to help with sliders though.

In the end, achieving the base takes the longest time. Once you start your CM, you have to approach it as if the sliders are locked into place. Easier said than done, and I personally have never accomplished it. I'm a good example of what you mention in getting lost because I only have one active CM in FIFA 19 currently that I genuinely care about, but haven't played in about a month.

This is another reason to not use statistics as a means to help with sliders
This is a huge part of it, for me. I know that the AI is always going to have a pass accuracy of ~85%, regardless of the team, and every time I see it I'm annoyed that it's never much lower (especially against poorer teams and especially when I saw some lower numbers in PES 2017).

But if it was regularly much lower, I'd be complaining that the AI were too easy, because in the course of a 14 minute match (which is the total match time for my games), they'd barely have the ball, and it wouldn't feel right that they'd be so careless.

Also, it doesn't mean that the AI does the same approach play every time. The same ratio means the AI could have completed 170 passes out of 200 short passes, or 43 complete passes out of 50 long passes (not that EVERY ONE has to be long).

At the very root of all this... It usually takes more than 12 minutes (the default match time for FIFA) for a team to score in real-life. So in your game, either defenders have to be much worse than reality, or strikers have to hit unstoppable shots 100% or the time, in order for a team to score.

So immediately, you have to make a football game unrealistic for it to be playable by default!

When creating a football game that has to create a highlights package, and not simulate an entire 90 minutes - not all stats can be accurate.

If pass accuracy was lower, shot accuracy would have to be silly-high for the AI to score. If shot accuracy was lower, the AMOUNT of shots the AI had to take would be silly-high, so the midfield wouldn't exist. Etc. etc. etc...

I almost wish I wasn't shown stats at the end of the game - it either feels real or it doesn't, the stats screen doesn't make up for anything!

Last edited:
I never pay much attention to stats.
The only stats I look at are possession and shots. But even they are more of a "fun fact" to me, than an indicator for anything.
(Example from last night - I was all over AI. Through the whole 20mins match I think they were around my penalty area twice. It was a siege. End stats - 37% possession for me.)

All I want from a football game is to "feel" right. See some build up, few tricks, nice shots, some physicality, injuries and cards for a bit of drama.
Only when there is a serious lack of some element, it starts to annoy me.

Hence, to me, it is quite... amazing, that developers seems to have problems to deliver football game, which would just have a good base.
If we look at the last two years and 4 games from both, all of them lacked something.
And its not like we are expecting some miracles, basic things of football were missing..

Its amazing what @Matt10 and PC modders are doing for the community and they all should get a god damn medal from both Konami and EA. But my God, 2019 and we cant get one game that would just be a complete, logical representation of football..

I thought I’d give this a try with the slider sets people have pointed out.

I’ve tried Legendary and Ultimate with and without sliders and the game, for me, is hot garbage. It simply doesn’t flow like football should.

It’s probably because I’ve been playing so much PES...I dunno. I really don’t like FIFA in its current state. I watched footage of the old FIFA World Cup 2010 and FIFA 08 earlier and the game was great then.

The series is going backwards and I blame two things: FUT and Frostbite.

But yeah this game sucks hard and I’ve finally uninstalled and won’t go near FIFA 20 unless it’s VASTLY different/improved to FIFA 19.

But yeah this game sucks hard and I’ve finally uninstalled and won’t go near FIFA 20 unless it’s VASTLY different/improved
There's probably zero chance of them changing game play for 20.
To much money in FUT and other incomes besides the £$€60 people pay each year.
If they'd stamped down on that I guess they have to make a game that suits both crowds.
We haven't had free kicks since Fifa 16 för instance,just that fact alone says a lot

Wow so many posts since i last looked.

@Chris Davies sorry I have to totally disagree with manual passing being random. I just played a Champions Cup game (ok just a friendly) as Wigan v a Turkish team (sorry I cannot remember the name). The passing was more on my mind because of what you said, but I had no problem with passing to the players that i wanted to whether it be short, long, through cross field. But it could be because...

That game was in the friendly Champions Cup
I am using Matt’s sliders but my passing and shooting is on 50.
Only playing on World Class.
Playing on manual switching too which may also help me select the intended player.
It took me about 5 years to get completely used to manual passing and shooting because i was so used to retro pes and i used to get so annoyed because my passing and shooting was off all the time. But with plenty of practice i managed to convert to it.

But i have to say once it all clicks it is so rewarding. Even playing a wonderful cross field pass that went out for a throw because my player miscontrolled it felt good to me. I have recorded the match i just played and will upload some highlights over the weekend to show some of the passing (i am not boasting because i still suck at this game). But i wanted to highlight that the passing is not random in my opinion. If i misplace a pass it is normally because of my player’s positioning or i may panic a bit.

I’m so pleased that i am not as good as you guys, i am enjoying FUMA, and still on World Class, because it means it should keep me going till the new game comes out.

Also, i would just like to add that I do not pay attention to passing stats by the CPU because i don’t believe they are correct anyway. If i play a ball into space for my striker to run onto is that classed as a misplaced pass because it was not to feet? I am sure that there are other variables that cause the count to be out for both teams.

@geeeeee
I'd love to play manual on fifa since I do it on Pes.
Only reason I'm not doing it is because we have the option of having manual through balls/lobbed passes without playing manual passing as a base.

Plus I think assisted/semi are really solid on FIFA.
But I miss those inch perfect passes in to space that I pull off on Pes.

I'd get killed on WC manual,so don't sell your ability short pal:)

@geeeeee
I'd love to play manual on fifa since I do it on Pes.
Only reason I'm not doing it is because we have the option of having manual through balls/lobbed passes without playing manual passing as a base.

Plus I think assisted/semi are really solid on FIFA.
But I miss those inch perfect passes in to space that I pull off on Pes.

I'd get killed on WC manual,so don't sell your ability short pal:)

Yeh i know what you mean and you are right because semi is not bad on fifa. But i was only suggesting for those that find the game too easy to play FUMA. I was playing with semi crosses but in one game my crosses were too consistently accurate so i changed it to manual crosses and it’s really satisfying to put good ones in now.

If you do start finding if too easy roc, drop your level and give it a go ;)

Another thing i forgot to mention, if playing FUMA it is a good idea to up the Power Bar slider to 60 or 65.

Yeh i know what you mean and you are right because semi is not bad on fifa. But i was only suggesting for those that find the game too easy to play FUMA. I was playing with semi crosses but in one game my crosses were too consistently accurate so i changed it to manual crosses and it’s really satisfying to put good ones in now.

If you do start finding if too easy roc, drop your level and give it a go ;)

Another thing i forgot to mention, if playing FUMA it is a good idea to up the Power Bar slider to 60 or 65.
I'd probably switch to manual soon enough,love manual crossing.
Reason why i haven't already (besides the ones I mentioned) is probably because I don't play the game enough,and still consider Pes being my nr one game I guess.

My current settings (which I won't touch) gives me plenty of challenge (since tweaking) and it's playing really well.
Beating lower ranked teams ,having really tough games Vs better.

Yeah I think I'm on 60 on my power bar as is.
Remember when making my first attempts to switch to FIFA (15) one of the things that felt weird was just how fast they took their shots and passes

Since my tweak in ultimate difficulty I'm definitely having a hard time Vs good teams
Away at Inter
IMG_20190313_230643.jpg

Two mistakes in Def cost me pretty much the game.
Then this,hats off !

Second game Napoli at home!
Tough as hell,same story a short pass intercepted and a lazy defender instead of hoofing it,Mertens stole it and 2-0.
IMG_20190314_000028.jpg

Came back though ,scored in the 78th minute,then this in the 86th minute.
Toughest game yet despite the losses Vs Inter and Juventus

Who knew I'd really like this in the 11th hour?

Back
Top Bottom