Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
@geeeeee for me, it’s not the passes itself. It’s the button input that’s not consistent! Playing on 65 user power bar and slightly tweaked Krebstar’s!
The randomness of “same button input and different outcome”, and vise versa, is noticeable. And it’s not players body position or something.
At least I feel it like this.

I’m with you in that “when it all clicks“ offensive moves regard. It’s feels good but sometimes it feels like there is the computer taking over “doing some of your manual stuff”.

Started a career with Newcastle today (day off) after a good game last night before CL. Tweaked the Krebstar slider to shot error 65/65 and fte to 85/85. pass error down to 50 because I play manual.

Sorry @PRO_TOO but i am not really seeing this. Yes admittedly my passes do not always go to the right place but i put that down to stats etc...and my own fault. I don’t think along the lines of ‘whats going on!’ But i will moan at the player that passed it.

Having said that, on semi assisted i find it a bit random like i will press the button for longer and it will go to someone else or it will go short even though I pressed long. But i switched back to manual because i know that the pass would have been better/closer to the player even if not perfect.

On a side i was doing a survey and it said what statement best describes you.

I only play FIFA games

I only play PES games

There was no other option and i had to select one so i quit. Great survey indeed. Lol

Sorry @PRO_TOO but i am not really seeing this. Yes admittedly my passes do not always go to the right place but i put that down to stats etc...and my own fault. I don’t think along the lines of ‘whats going on!’ But i will moan at the player that passed it.

Having said that, on semi assisted i find it a bit random like i will press the button for longer and it will go to someone else or it will go short even though I pressed long. But i switched back to manual because i know that the pass would have been better/closer to the player even if not perfect.

On a side i was doing a survey and it said what statement best describes you.

I only play FIFA games

I only play PES games

There was no other option and i had to select one so i quit. Great survey indeed. Lol
It’s all good mate. :)
Even if there was a fact we both had to agree a 100% on, there is always our own feelings and head involved, so...

Having fun with my new Newcastle career. And I’m getting better in defending and counter attacks over time. :) I need to be more patient.
Had a 1:1 against Tottenham and a 1:0 win against Cardiff. Next up is Chelsea. Let’s see.

What difficulty are you on again?

Last edited:
It’s all good mate. :)
Even if there was a fact we both had to agree a 100% on, there is always our own feelings and head involved, so...

Having fun with my new Newcastle career. And I’m getting better in defending and counter attacks over time. :) I need to be more patient.
Had a 1:1 against Tottenham and a 1:0 win against Cardiff. Next up is Chelsea. Let’s see.

What difficulty are you on again?

Yes i agree matey it’s allllll good :)

I am on World Class at the moment and finding it well balanced. Looking forward to uploading some vids once i get a chance.

What about you, what skill level?

Isn't there a career thread on FIFA 19? Think the good man @Mikhail started it?

I'm also having an urge to upload some career stuff.
But not sure if it's ok to post here (feel guilty when I do)
Anyway looking fw to your vids guys.

Ps proper pissed that I can't upload native 4k on YouTube

Yes i agree matey it’s allllll good :)

I am on World Class at the moment and finding it well balanced. Looking forward to uploading some vids once i get a chance.

What about you, what skill level?
I am playing on professional. It’s a challenge for me as my results show.
Went on and drew against Chelsea. Next match I won 1:0 in the carabao cup against some D2 team. And now I just finished a hard fought 2:1 against ManCity after beeing 1:0 down. :D
Sold some players and now I’m looking into getting Rebic to the club.
Next up is arsenal! What a calendar!!

Last edited:
I got my Fifa 19 for free when I bought my Xbox X last november.
Unfortunately on disc,so I will probably buy a digital copy from the Xbox store,think it's around €25 or so.
My discs tends to take a break going in and out of the cover.

First proper session on Fifa 19 and not impressed. It seems by far the most effective way of playing is to frantically tip tap forward passes Mighty Ducks style until someone is close enough to roll it past the keeper. Feels arcadey and weightless and nothing like football.

Gameplay for both games is a big letdown this year. At least Fifa made the effort with content and asthetics.

i was reading a lot of defending tutorials this morning. watched some videos too. nothing i did not know...
do you guys have any usefull "elite" ;) advices!?
i should go more into the dynamic tactics in FIFA19. any tips on that especially regarding Newcastle? i created one offensive formation where i only put the SB's much higher but nothing else. any formation Newcastle is going to when defending or attacking more? the regular formation set in FIFA is the original one they play for real (5,3,2)?
tonight i want to dive in deeper into tactics and what i can do on the fly! i miss that from the other game a lot (for now).
tactics and manual defending (while still trying to score! :) ) thats my focus now!

edit: i'll test that new IOS remote app next week from work. at home it worked very nice. i was in the other room and had full access to my ps4. if it works the same at work i can set up my team during lunch time! :)

Last edited:
i was reading a lot of defending tutorials this morning. watched some videos too. nothing i did not know...
do you guys have any usefull "elite" ;) advices!?
i should go more into the dynamic tactics in FIFA19. any tips on that especially regarding Newcastle? i created one offensive formation where i only put the SB's much higher but nothing else. any formation Newcastle is going to when defending or attacking more? the regular formation set in FIFA is the original one they play for real (5,3,2)?
tonight i want to dive in deeper into tactics and what i can do on the fly! i miss that from the other game a lot (for now).
tactics and manual defending (while still trying to score! :) ) thats my focus now!
Here's a thing - in most football games where I can have (at least) three tactics (i.e. PES), I set up an all-out defence, an all-out attack and a "standard" tactic.

In FIFA 19, I do that for formation banks 1, 3 and 5 (i.e. all-out defence, normal, all-out attack), BUT for banks 2 and 4, I concentrate on different things.

Example - I played FIFA 19 yesterday, as Newcastle against Leicester. They beat me 2-0, and I was absolutely furious given recent results - but (and I love this about 19), I was told before the game that they had the best defence in the league statistically, and it was true (i.e. it was reflected in the match - usually in football games those stats mean nothing in reality).

Anyway. I realised at half-time what was going wrong... My players were quite far away from each-other, which works against most teams when you've got solid passers of the ball (which I have) - but against Leicester, their defensive positioning was really solid and I could barely make an attacking pass.

So I switched to setting 2 (between "defence" and "normal") - the way I have this set up is that the players are closer together, and play possession football. Suddenly, I could make passes, keep possession and I had a chance of getting back into the game.

Unfortunately, Leicester's defence was absolutely unbreakable and I couldn't claw a goal back - but it felt right. I didn't have fast enough, or tricky enough players.

I bought Guðmundsson from Burnley for his crossing ability, and Benteke for his target-man role - hoping I could link them up often. Against more open teams, they're working pretty well (except for Benteke being generally terrible with actual shots). But against a tighter defence, like Leicester's, they don't possess the speed or the skill to unlock gaps.

That - for me - is a measure of the level of depth in the game (which - for most people, understandably - is ruined by how fast the game is and how jelly-legged the game is). If only it was more "solid"-feeling, I'd rate it as the best FIFA ever (actually, I think it probably is anyway).

Here's a thing - in most football games where I can have (at least) three tactics (i.e. PES), I set up an all-out defence, an all-out attack and a "standard" tactic.

In FIFA 19, I do that for formation banks 1, 3 and 5 (i.e. all-out defence, normal, all-out attack), BUT for banks 2 and 4, I concentrate on different things.

Example - I played FIFA 19 yesterday, as Newcastle against Leicester. They beat me 2-0, and I was absolutely furious given recent results - but (and I love this about 19), I was told before the game that they had the best defence in the league statistically, and it was true (i.e. it was reflected in the match - usually in football games those stats mean nothing in reality).

Anyway. I realised at half-time what was going wrong... My players were quite far away from each-other, which works against most teams when you've got solid passers of the ball (which I have) - but against Leicester, their defensive positioning was really solid and I could barely make an attacking pass.

So I switched to setting 2 (between "defence" and "normal") - the way I have this set up is that the players are closer together, and play possession football. Suddenly, I could make passes, keep possession and I had a chance of getting back into the game.

Unfortunately, Leicester's defence was absolutely unbreakable and I couldn't claw a goal back - but it felt right. I didn't have fast enough, or tricky enough players.

I bought Guðmundsson from Burnley for his crossing ability, and Benteke for his target-man role - hoping I could link them up often. Against more open teams, they're working pretty well (except for Benteke being generally terrible with actual shots). But against a tighter defence, like Leicester's, they don't possess the speed or the skill to unlock gaps.

That - for me - is a measure of the level of depth in the game (which - for most people, understandably - is ruined by how fast the game is and how jelly-legged the game is). If only it was more "solid"-feeling, I'd rate it as the best FIFA ever (actually, I think it probably is anyway).
thanks @Chris Davies !
this sounds good, i get it! will use 2 of the slots for "experimental tactical stuff" and the other one as you said, all out defense and all out offense.
i downloaded klashman's tactics for the other game again to check on what he has in store for newcastle.
will try this tonight.

where can i see special player traits like good in heading or lightning fast...?! is it hidden in the R3 player details in tactic screen!?

btw: that "jelly leg" phrase of yours got stuck in my head! :LOL: and its true!

Please explain to me how a giant company like EA, with such a huge development team behind the world's biggest sport franchise game cannot see that players move like they were about to split in half sometimes. Their legs move as if they were independent from their bodies or something like that.

where can i see special player traits like good in heading or lightning fast...?! is it hidden in the R3 player details in tactic screen!?
When you're scouting someone and you add them to your shortlist, you can go and look at them and click (I think) L1/R1 to get to the "traits" screen (similar to PES) and examine any special skills before buying them.

For your own players, if you click R3 on their name in any squad screen and flick through the attribute pages with L1/R1, eventually you'll get to a screen that lists them (without the icons you get on the shortlist page).

Another thing that really matters is a player's defence/attack mentality (which you can find when cycling through those pages). I've been going crazy because certain players are seemingly glued to the half-way line no matter what I tell them - and then realised their attack mentality is low (or their defence mentality is high).

Whether that's a good thing or not I don't know, to be honest - because there are a couple of wing-backs I have who never stay back.

I thought it was a sliders issue, so I turned "full-back positioning" all the way down to 7 - then realised that, when I actually wanted them to attack, they wouldn't, because of the slider setting... They would just hit the half-way line and "bounce" off it, staying in their own half. So I ended up pushing the "full-back positioning" slider to about 20 - which makes certain wing-backs just blast forward non-stop, BUT less attacking wing-backs don't.

OH! This reminds me. Some formations that look like stock 4-4-2s etc. actually have the full-backs (i.e. LB/RB) set to wing-backs (i.e. LWB/RWB). You would never know without clicking the "edit position" button, pressing X to accept it, and then looking at the list of available roles for that position.

I was really angry when I discovered Newcastle's default formation had them set to LWB/RWB and I was struggling to figure out that slider...

Please explain to me how a giant company like EA, with such a huge development team behind the world's biggest sport franchise game cannot see that players move like they were about to split in half sometimes. Their legs move as if they were independent from their bodies or something like that.
Oh they know - the developers are just forced to use Frostbite for everything because it's a business decision, developers can move between games without having to learn new skills for new engines. So they don't care if it looks/feels stupid - the management don't, I mean - because from a resource perspective, development is a smoother process and people can move between projects much more easily. They don't have to hire new people.

...except, as gamers, we see the destructive nature of this idea and how one engine can't make perfect games of every genre. But the games are so pretty that they sell millions. FIFA will always sell millions. So who cares.

Maybe if Anthem flops they'll start to realise. But I doubt it. I know how those management meetings work. Every big games company is run like any other business (Konami are the best example, but EA are no different).

If only it was more "solid"-feeling, I'd rate it as the best FIFA ever (actually, I think it probably is anyway

I'd say it's a solid game,being outside of the PL,I really feel and see teams I watch every week in Serie A playing quite close to their real life editions.
Wish I'd kept my 17 since I think it's up there to

Wish I'd kept my 17 since I think it's up there to
17 is so much more solid, even in the Premier League. You feel like your players are solid human beings kicking a solid ball - in 19, I feel like I'm controlling bags in the wind, and the ball is as light as a bubble.

However, in 17 all teams play the same way. I played against Man City last night and they played possession play. It felt great to see the AI doing possession play properly (in 19 they're so eager to get the ball to the striker and shoot as often as they can, at least in the EPL) - but they didn't play like City play. Then you play against a lower-league team, and they feel the same.

Across all the football games I've played this month (TWELVE different games), literally none of them separate good teams from bad teams the way 19 does, for me. I play City on Legendary with sliders and, in a cup match, they beat me 5-0, after I'd beaten a League One team 4-0.

Even in PES 2017 (which I think is great) and 2018, I'm drawing 0-0 or losing 1-0 as the EPL's worst team against the best teams. In 2019, it's different, but only because teams like Fulham become Barcelona, which is even worse. I'd much rather play the others.

Across all the football games I've played this month (TWELVE different games), literally none of them separate good teams from bad teams the way 19 does, for me. I play City on Legendary with sliders and, in a cup match, they beat me 5-0, after I'd beaten a League One team 4-0.
Exactly this!
That's why I really like this game.
I feel that I know where my place in the food chain are.
Really never felt that before.
I know playing Chievo at home will get me a win if I focus and play right.
I also know that they can hit me with a counter attack and squeeze in a 1-0 win.

Going to Guiseppe Meazza and playing Inter will most likely be a loss if I'm not careful/and or lucky.
Got beat there 4-1.
Two stupid mistakes in Def cost me that game,and I loved it.
I have beaten every team lower ranked than me,and got beaten by everyone better than me.
Really loving it

Oh they know - the developers are just forced to use Frostbite for everything because it's a business decision, developers can move between games without having to learn new skills for new engines. So they don't care if it looks/feels stupid - the management don't, I mean - because from a resource perspective, development is a smoother process and people can move between projects much more easily. They don't have to hire new people.

...except, as gamers, we see the destructive nature of this idea and how one engine can't make perfect games of every genre. But the games are so pretty that they sell millions. FIFA will always sell millions. So who cares.

Maybe if Anthem flops they'll start to realise. But I doubt it. I know how those management meetings work. Every big games company is run like any other business (Konami are the best example, but EA are no different).

Right.
It's like, the boss of the boss arranges a meeting with the head-developers of each game and says:
'OK, here's your new toolbox - It's the same for everybody. Now get to work and create the best possible games with it'.

Instead of actually understanding the necessity each game, each platform, each genre, each dev team might have.

Right.
It's like, the boss of the boss arranges a meeting with the head-developers of each game and says:
'OK, here's your new toolbox - It's the same for everybody. Now get to work and create the best possible games with it'.

Instead of actually understanding the necessity each game, each platform, each genre, each dev team might have.
One of the problem is,and I heard this on a gaming pod,which didn't take EA as an example but it probably translate to them as well

Blizzard entertainment who've always has put out games that has top notch quality got the message from it's parent company Activision that they should "release more games".

Not better,more games!
That's Activision's strategy.
Probably because corporate doesn't really has its ears to the ground with the gaming community.
Probably the same way "football companies" like Manchester United takes the decisions they take!
Not by people who know the community/gamers/fans,but seeks more and faster profits in new markets rather than steady and respectable income among the already existing fanbase that are loyal and "local" (like us offline gamers) .
Apologies for swerving off

I've tried to start a Lazio career time ago, but felt very off. Maybe because I know the players too well. And also serie a being a bit shallow itself.

You guys still think Premier League is the only viable option for a proper run?

Not at all - you get better gameplay in leagues without such a focus on physicality and pace. The women's game on FIFA has always been the best gameplay.

I only play in the PL because it's the only league I've got real knowledge of, in all honesty - and the broadcast package is sensational. It's hard to go back to playing in the same 5-6 stadiums when you get to play in a different arena every (other) week in the EPL in FIFA.

I've tried to start a Lazio career time ago, but felt very off. Maybe because I know the players too well. And also serie a being a bit shallow itself.

Bundesliga/La Liga (almost every stadium plus 3 in the second div+plus great TV package) I was pleasantly surprised on how good Serie A felt.

Folks who play both the game this year (FIFA19 & PES2019), which one do you think has the more randomness as an overall? OFFLINE mode, hence playing against AI and not human.
  • Randomness in how a score can be scored.
  • Randomness in how you get through your AI opponent (dribbling).
  • Randomness in how you pass the ball, how the through ball is not on the same pattern over and over again.
  • Randomness in how AI scored a goal against you.
By randomness, i do not mean scripting. By scripting, my understanding is that you're forced to lose by AI, by making your players acted extremely lethargic than them, cursor doesn't move to the crucial player who you should be switching to, etc etc. Nothing like that.

Fifa by a country mile... I played pes 19 from release, hated fifa on release but its got better and better. After 2 weeks on pes you've seen all the ways the AI will score and 90% of goals are wing play low pass into the box.
I really enjoy the randomness of fifa just wish it had more fouls. This is with sliders

Rejuvinated with FIFA again the last week or so. Just revisited slider values and am enjoying a realistic challenge, without feeling like the ball is a lethargic beachball.
A) Perfect description... :D
B) Please post them in the slider thread!

In my opinion FIFA 19 shows that Forsbite engine is good engine for Fifa. Game technically looks very good. Physics, animations, lighting( day and night on Champions league) faces and crowd. EA learn very fast to use 100% power of engine. They needed two years since Fifa 17 to use in my opinion 60/70% power of Forsbite. Konami use FOX for 5 years and they have still problems to use more that 40% power of engine. Only graphics,lighting,ball physics and faces looks good. Rest is still not good at all. They still learning to use proper animations system, collision, crowd looking etc. Keepers animations looks very poor in Pes. Konami need minimum twice or even three more time to use 100 % power of engine than EA.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom