Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
Really enjoying this with sliders but using assited controls (manual shooting) I have high pass error and high first touch

w8m39t9t22n21.png
Out on consoles now! 1.38gb.

I feel it has changed for the better but might he a placebo.. Had to turn up speed to 42 from 38 and noticed AI jumping in on a few slide tackles.. Enjoyed it though

One of my favourite things about PES is, no matter what PA level you're on, you can always hold down R1 (for me it's R1, don't think it's the default) and hit a FULLY manual pass - always wished you could do this in FIFA.

It's great for when you play on PA1 and want to hit a through-ball into space, rather than to where the AI assumes you want it to go. I use it quite a bit.

Well tonight, I found out that (despite mentioning this before - nobody picked me up on this), YOU *CAN* DO IT IN FIFA NOW.

Check it out, third row from the top...

vz5ciJM.jpg

Makes me wonder what else I'm missing.

EDIT: For those wondering, no, the same combo plus shoot (circle) instead of pass (X) isn't manual shot (which I'd love). It's driven low shot. (Which I didn't know either.)

Tell me about it. I recently found out there is a threaded through pass. Game changer for me

I've really learned to look past the bad bits of 19 now - the main one for me being how "twitchy" the AI is, how they never need to take a touch to control the ball - and I'm just really enjoying the gameplay as a whole. I can't say the bad bits aren't there, but the balance and variety for me is great, which I can't say about the other game.

(It's so satisfying to grind out a goal against a team defending with ten men, and then watch how the game changes, as they push everyone forward and leave huge holes for you to get a second and kill off the game - matches truly change over time.)

I played FIFA 17 for just under three seasons before I got fed up of the AI playing the same way all the time, and I'm only half-way through the second season at the minute, but before I started as Newcastle I'd done a season with Tranmere too (until it got too easy, and on Legendary/Ultimate you'd see League Two teams playing a little too brilliantly)...

This have become my addiction lately
Cringy babies complaining about scripting,or just being fucking sore losers.

It really makes my day knowing they've probably plowed down thousands in to this as well.
Someone needs to learn how to super-cancel and defend using players off the ball better. He's also up 3-1 in the 88th minute and doesn't seem to be in a defensive gameplan.

Sorry, hard to feel sorry for those who aren't going to help themselves.

Someone needs to learn how to super-cancel and defend using players off the ball better. He's also up 3-1 in the 88th minute and doesn't seem to be in a defensive gameplan.

Sorry, hard to feel sorry for those who aren't going to help themselves.
It was like opening Pandora's box once I saw the first of those videos,just kept coming more and more strange videos.
Please tell me you've seen that flat earth documentary on Netflix?
That's what I felt watching when watching this.
Weird crowd buddy

If anything, I've always found FIFA 18 and 19 extremely easy on World Class and even Legendary.
Used to play it with Krebstar's sliders before uninstalling the game. But I remember AI would barely create any scoring chances.
Some games had more battle and a certain dispute for possession, but not much more than that.

best comment i found ( in 3 minutes lost of my life ) :
"Edit : thank you guys for the likes. But I actually didn’t know PES is scripted. One question though... why do these game script games?"

Its like the developers are tricking us by making these games by programming code, instead of living beings inside the monitor !

@Chris Davies

Sorry to pester you

But are you playing semi assists now? Or default assists?

I just played a match using semi passing and I absolutely suck! I can’t create a chance. This might be the best way to play the game for me.

The other game is damn challenging but it’s so boring playing at the same shitty generic Stadia all the time.

@Chris Davies

Sorry to pester you

But are you playing semi assists now? Or default assists?

I just played a match using semi passing and I absolutely suck! I can’t create a chance. This might be the best way to play the game for me.

The other game is damn challenging but it’s so boring playing at the same shitty generic Stadia all the time.
See, you went back to the other game and were talking about tactics in FIFA being poor / it not mattering if players play out of position (paraphrasing), and I really strongly disagree with that. In PES, it's challenging because teams all play like Barcelona. All of them. That doesn't make it a football game. That just makes it a hard video-game. I've posted about it before but my point is, why call Fulham Fulham if they play like Barcelona, as do West Ham, as do Liverpool, as do the Senegal national team? It's all the same (which USED to be FIFA's problem and USED to be PES's strength)!

I don't have to think about how defensive or attacking I'm being on PES - on FIFA, if I play Man City or similar on a "normal" setting, I'm going to get murdered (with a bad team).

But then you're finding it way too easy, so nothing like that will be visible, of course! I've switched to Ultimate now, still using assists, but I've changed the sliders to take the AI's nerfs away (and sped up passing, which isn't great to look at but the AI doesn't seem to adapt their game or "understand" the impact of slowing it down, which makes it easier, I think) - plus I've upped line height (which I didn't want to do, but it means you're challenged for possession much sooner).

The thing is, there's more good in FIFA than PES, for me - and if you find a way to play that works for you if it's too easy (as in, going on semi passing, giving the AI slider advantages etc.), you see much more of real football. In my opinion!

To answer your (actual) question... I did try semi for a while, but at the end of a game I'd end up with 75% pass completion compared to 90%+ for the AI, no matter what, which felt wrong to me. That being said, if my current sliders get too easy (and I've just lost 1-0 to Crystal Palace and missed all my shots, which I DO HAVE set to semi, because it doesn't make it unrealistic for me), then I will go back to semi!

See, you went back to the other game and were talking about tactics in FIFA being poor / it not mattering if players play out of position (paraphrasing), and I really strongly disagree with that. In PES, it's challenging because teams all play like Barcelona. All of them. That doesn't make it a football game. That just makes it a hard video-game. I've posted about it before but my point is, why call Fulham Fulham if they play like Barcelona, as do West Ham, as do Liverpool, as do the Senegal national team? It's all the same (which USED to be FIFA's problem and USED to be PES's strength)!

I don't have to think about how defensive or attacking I'm being on PES - on FIFA, if I play Man City or similar on a "normal" setting, I'm going to get murdered (with a bad team).

But then you're finding it way too easy, so nothing like that will be visible, of course! I've switched to Ultimate now, still using assists, but I've changed the sliders to take the AI's nerfs away (and sped up passing, which isn't great to look at but the AI doesn't seem to adapt their game or "understand" the impact of slowing it down, which makes it easier, I think) - plus I've upped line height (which I didn't want to do, but it means you're challenged for possession much sooner).

The thing is, there's more good in FIFA than PES, for me - and if you find a way to play that works for you if it's too easy (as in, going on semi passing, giving the AI slider advantages etc.), you see much more of real football. In my opinion!

To answer your (actual) question... I did try semi for a while, but at the end of a game I'd end up with 75% pass completion compared to 90%+ for the AI, no matter what, which felt wrong to me. That being said, if my current sliders get too easy (and I've just lost 1-0 to Crystal Palace and missed all my shots, which I DO HAVE set to semi, because it doesn't make it unrealistic for me), then I will go back to semi!
I really want Fifa to work for me because after playing PES today, it’s far too shallow an experience to stick with.

So maybe I could play with default assists except for shooting, and use semi for that? Would that make things more difficult?

Sliders I’m still dubious about.

I really want Fifa to work for me because after playing PES today, it’s far too shallow an experience to stick with.

So maybe I could play with default assists except for shooting, and use semi for that? Would that make things more difficult?

Sliders I’m still dubious about.
All I can suggest is that you try it - if it's far far too easy for you then you may well NEED to use semi passing. I'd love to, but I just don't like that the AI passes so accurately in comparison - but it would be a necessary sacrifice without ruining the majority of the game.

I use semi shooting (and crossing), and manual through balls. Semi shooting is great because when you score, you know it's mostly you, and I've hit some real curlers that I couldn't hit on assisted.

I’ve really been enjoying playing with the end to end camera lately 0 zoom 0 height, I just wish that it would flip sides in the second half so the user always has the view of attacking going forward. PES does that automatically.

Only solution really is to switch to Pro cam for that half but that view moves and swings around too much.

I played only the demo and some games in a friend house yesterday. I found an improvement in comparison with the demo. We had some great games.

So the tactics work this year? I'll have the game for a couple of days and want to experiment with tactics and instructions. Any tip or proposals?

What I don't stand in this game, is player physics and after that ball physics. Hope EA change engine and focus on physics in general.

What I don't stand in this game, is player physics and after that ball physics. Hope EA change engine and focus on physics in general.
If you play Offline vs cpu or a friend, try to set first touch error slider for both cpu & human around to 70-75.I have this to 75.Play 2-3 games for testing.I strongly believe that that you will have a tottaly different & better game experience.Game becomes more "human" with more battles bettwen players & ball becomes more free & overall gameplay less arcady with more errors from both sides

Didn't find a thread for this,but here's what I want changed (Fifa 20)
- Seeing the CPU lineup before game

- Better CPu Vs cpu simming/line ups (I want City& Liverpool to be 10-15 pts clear of third placed team 30 games in.

-Rules and regulations being like they're IRL (11 subs in Serie A/3 game suspension for a red card)

-More agents pitching players/agents being more aggressive Vs you on behalf of their player.

-Objective list revamped or at least changed.
Being Boss of let's say Huddersfield there should only be one objective that matters.
Have a list of let's say 10-15 objectives ,and you'd negotiate with the club on those

-Better manager avatar's/characters

Feel free to move this into a different section thread if necessary

Last edited:
Didn't find a thread for this,but here's what I want changed (Fifa 20)
- Seeing the CPU lineup before game

- Better CPu Vs cpu simming/line ups (I want City& Liverpool to be 10-15 pts clear if third placed team 30 games in.

-Rules and regulations being like they're IRL (11 subs in Serie A/3 game suspension for a red card)

-More agents pitching players/agents being more aggressive Vs you on behalf of their player.

-Objective list revamped or at least changed.
Being Boss of let's say Huddersfield there should only be one objective that matters.
Have a list of objectives 10-15 ,and you'd negotiate with the club on those

-Better manager avatar's/characters

Feel free to move this into a different section thread if necessary
Good points.
It's just retarded that they added real managers but they won't let you choose a real one for CM but only the generic ones.I know that you can do it for pc with some modding but it should be there as a choice in the first place.
Also i hate the ugly yellow ball cursor and i wish they've added an option to turn it off.
Maybe anyone here knows a solution how to disable it for pc?

Good points.
It's just retarded that they added real managers but they won't let you choose a real one for CM but only the generic ones.I know that you can do it for pc with some modding but it should be there as a choice in the first place.
Also i hate the ugly yellow ball cursor and i wish they've added an option to turn it off.
Maybe anyone here knows a solution how to disable it for pc?
I wouldn't mind that cursor disappearing either!

Can anyone please point me to the articles talking about FUT, randomness, scamming and the law that forbids it in Belgium (was it in Belgium?)?.

1. If anyone can help me how to cancel short pass and how to do "drag back" feint?

There is a lot of stuff on YT but I can not find clearly what buttons I should use...My controls are changed a bit, so I dont know is it L1 for player swap or finesse or something else...Some tutorial with named actions, not the buttons itself.
(subtitles on YT are often misspelled, and I can not hear well enough).

2. Just wanted to say a few words about the game, as a pretty much beginner in Fifa (played some of 15 and 17).

I have just started to play Fifa 19 these days, and still learning lots of stuff here. Must say that I am very satisfied with it.
Playing mostly against CPU, I find AI is much, much better than in other game. There is some lack of fouls, but it is not that bad. In about 20-30 games there were just enough fouls, cards, free kicks and penalties. (Professional level). Shooting variety is above great. Also, now there is even a really useful tactic changes you can make, which I consider almost non existent in earlier Fifa editions.

And on the bad side: Ball physics should be reworked and also player models. Animations could be improved somehow, to be more consistent. They get to be too fast sometimes, like many frames of animation is missing. And sometimes they are perfect.
I guess sound of the ball hitting the woodwork is totally wrong..I think I wrote about it earlier, like it should be more the "ding" and not the "crack" sound. And also, it happens maybe too often.

There is some (absolutely not important) annoying things like celebrations always forced to corner flags..(I have to pull the player to leave alone the poor flag)...And really hate that "funny" celebrations..but was too lazy to chose a few nice and realistic and learn how to perform them. When just hit the random buttons, there is 99% chance that it will be something embarrassing.
Goalkeeper punt should be somehow better. I think that bar is bugged while performing a punt. There is some in between animation before the punt, which makes a confusion about pressing to the right amount...
And finally the training skills, drill, before the match should not be there. And beside that, you don't know when exactly to press "start" button to skip it. I found myself frantically mashing the start button, just to let the drill continues over and over :)

1. If anyone can help me how to cancel short pass and how to do "drag back" feint?

There is a lot of stuff on YT but I can not find clearly what buttons I should use...My controls are changed a bit, so I dont know is it L1 for player swap or finesse or something else...Some tutorial with named actions, not the buttons itself.
(subtitles on YT are often misspelled, and I can not hear well enough).

2. Just wanted to say a few words about the game, as a pretty much beginner in Fifa (played some of 15 and 17).

I have just started to play Fifa 19 these days, and still learning lots of stuff here. Must say that I am very satisfied with it.
Playing mostly against CPU, I find AI is much, much better than in other game. There is some lack of fouls, but it is not that bad. In about 20-30 games there were just enough fouls, cards, free kicks and penalties. (Professional level). Shooting variety is above great. Also, now there is even a really useful tactic changes you can make, which I consider almost non existent in earlier Fifa editions.

And on the bad side: Ball physics should be reworked and also player models. Animations could be improved somehow, to be more consistent. They get to be too fast sometimes, like many frames of animation is missing. And sometimes they are perfect.
I guess sound of the ball hitting the woodwork is totally wrong..I think I wrote about it earlier, like it should be more the "ding" and not the "crack" sound. And also, it happens maybe too often.

There is some (absolutely not important) annoying things like celebrations always forced to corner flags..(I have to pull the player to leave alone the poor flag)...And really hate that "funny" celebrations..but was too lazy to chose a few nice and realistic and learn how to perform them. When just hit the random buttons, there is 99% chance that it will be something embarrassing.
Goalkeeper punt should be somehow better. I think that bar is bugged while performing a punt. There is some in between animation before the punt, which makes a confusion about pressing to the right amount...
And finally the training skills, drill, before the match should not be there. And beside that, you don't know when exactly to press "start" button to skip it. I found myself frantically mashing the start button, just to let the drill continues over and over :)
I think you can find tips/which buttons to push in the main menu under "settings/controller"

Best way to learn is by trial and error,I use the right stick with sprint button,and you can pull off pretty much anything.

Wish (among a million other things) a training ground like Pes training ground to try out stuff on

Back
Top Bottom