Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
So they created this complicated patern from scratch and let it being leaked on purpose online just so they can troll people on youtube comments?Seriously?
Looks like some of you are in denial and don't want to admit that this game is scripted af especially online.
This is because of Dynamic Difficulty Adjustment kicks in and because of Adaptive AI Difficulty.
There is even a command that you can add in pc in locale.ini to disable this so it's surely in the game.
But on consoles and online you can't do nothing about it and you have to live with this scripting shit.
I'm sure that you know this even better than me so why trying to deny that this shit is in?
You're playing with the words like ''yeah there is some scripting in but not the whole patern..''
And how exactly do you know this?And does it really matter if the whole patern is in or just the half of it or something?
The fact is that there is heavy scripting in this game mostly online,patern or no patern involved.
This video just may be an even bigger proof of this.But you don't need this video to see that the game is heavy scripted online.

So they created this complicated patern from scratch and let it being leaked on purpose online just so they can troll people on youtube comments?Seriously?
Patent trolling isn't like online trolling, "for lols". It means essentially patenting every fragment of an idea you ever have as a company, even when you're not interested in carrying them out - just so you can SUE anyone else who does (because they won't know about your patent).

Microsoft and Sony have absolutely tons of controller patents, streaming patents, even disc patents - 90% of which they'll never use.

If scripting was as obvious and proveable (not a real word I know) as people claim, we'd all have hard evidence, repeatable by following a step-by-step guide (like any other fault or bug in a QA process), by now - and EA would be getting sued, given the money they make from (what would be proven to be pointless) microtransactions.

Instead, what we've got is people losing to last-minute goals (when defenders are tired) and needing an excuse. In my opinion, and that's all it is (and I don't play online very often).

It just makes zero sense to implement a system like this (online).

Last edited:
Why is it the season ends and I'm desperate to play Fifa but then there's no mod to fix league standings and release the players released so far so I can't bear to play!

Patent trolling isn't like online trolling, "for lols". It means essentially patenting every fragment of an idea you ever have as a company, even when you're not interested in carrying them out - just so you can SUE anyone else who does (because they won't know about your patent).

Microsoft and Sony have absolutely tons of controller patents, streaming patents, even disc patents - 90% of which they'll never use.

If scripting was as obvious and proveable (not a real word I know) as people claim, we'd all have hard evidence, repeatable by following a step-by-step guide (like any other fault or bug in a QA process), by now - and EA would be getting sued, given the money they make from (what would be proven to be pointless) microtransactions.

Instead, what we've got is people losing to last-minute goals (when defenders are tired) and needing an excuse. In my opinion, and that's all it is (and I don't play online very often).

It just makes zero sense to implement a system like this (online).
I'm also not a scripting lunatic obsessed with it and i don't agree with people crying out for scripting in every game and every chance they miss.I believe that a player's skill and input is still more powerfull than any scripting.
But if you play hundreds of games online you'll see that it is there in some cases and it's implemented in such a ridiculous and obvious way that it's just laughable.
In most games the better player with a bit more luck will win.But there are cases when you concede and it's obvious that the game is cheating you to give the opponent a chance in the game also.
For example in Pes in which i've played 600 online games,there were times which i conceded this goal i'm gonna describe.The opponent had a corner,i clear the ball with a header,it goes to his player right outside of the penalty area in mid air,and as he's about to shoot it first time,my goalkeeper who is controlled by the AI takes three steps to the left by himself without any input from me,and he leaves the middle of the goal completely unguard,the opponent's shoot goes there and he scores.
This is just an example and this shit happens in other cases also where your players do stuff without your input like taking steps back or sideways and not reacting as they should just so you can concede.
This doesn't happen all the time and it doesn't happen only to favor your opponent but also to favor you.
But in most cases when it happens it is to favor the least skilled player with the worse team and rating so he can have a chance in the match and not only losing every time by 10 goals and feel like a noob.
That's the main reason that this thing is in in both games.To balance things out so the casual will have a chance and continue playing and maybe buying coins instead of being frustrated and losing by many goals everytime and eventually quit the game and they'll lose him as a customer.
It's like the catch up mechanic when it's triggered and neglects attributes or when in a racing game the first car's speed is a bit reduced by the game so the second car can reach him and balance things out and make it more dramatic and exciting.
As i said i still believe from my experience online that a player's skills is more important and in most matches the best player will win,but there are also cases when crazy shit happens without any input of yours or your opponent's just to favor you or him to balance things out and make it exciting and a derby.

Here's a small example of crazy shit.Look at what Robertson is doing at 1:07 and other crazy stuff that happen..

I was really enjoying FIFA - slidered to death, obviously. I had a career going with Newcastle and was really into it (see the career thread).

However, I played Football Manager for a couple of weeks, then went on holiday for a week (went to see Inter v Empoli, which was a religious experience), came back to it, and... It's just gone, the enjoyment I was having - I keep wondering if it's because seeing top-flight football in the flesh has just reminded me that both games represent football as 100mph perfection-fests, and it's just so far from reality.

The speed on "slow" should be the "normal" speed setting, possibly even the "fast" setting. You can slow passing down using the sliders but you can't slow the ball acceleration or the AI's reaction times. Every game feels like the last minute of a 3-3 thriller where both teams are throwing everything at it to win - but, from kick off...

The first goal I conceded yesterday started as a shot from the edge of the area that was moving at blistering pace, which his teammate perfectly half-volleyed softly into the net - but that teammate's leg was moving out to strike the ball the MOMENT it left the striker's boot, like he had some kind of access to the future and knew exactly where the shot would end up before the ball had even started travelling.

I enjoy a lot of things about the game, but this stuff ruins all the good, and I could overlook it before (I've always acknowledged these issues but I've been able to enjoy the good stuff enough to get "past" the bad).

I often wonder, if I bought a decent PC, could I just slow the game down another 20% using a mod (maybe increasing acceleration to counter any "sludgy" feeling) and would that make the game 100x better...

That article we posted, about gameplay beyond Fifa19. At the end they had a link to a page, where we could add comments and feedback about that whole article. I went there and posted a comment. And one of my points was that I know their main focus is on online and fast, arcade gameplay, but they should give us more options to customise it. And I did mention "Very Slow" speed, as even on Slow its too fast.

So, I checked it ingame, and there are all of the teams, the new ball and the stadium in Lyon. South Africa is unlicensed, though, and Brazil and Chile do not have licensed players.
I just noticed that Italy is actually also unlicensed when you play the World Cup final. They are still licensed in normal exhibition matches...

i just stumbled over this... and... yeah, personally speaking, it makes me wanna cry! this video sums it up for me!

And thats exactly the reason why Im happy to see Fifa Street mode. Im hoping all the lovers of this sort of thing will move onto the smaller pitch, leaving football alone.
11 or 5 on the pitch wont make any difference for skill spammers - theyll be even more happy to have contant end-to-end game.
Fingers crossed big pitch will see some more realism.

And thats exactly the reason why Im happy to see Fifa Street mode. Im hoping all the lovers of this sort of thing will move onto the smaller pitch, leaving football alone.
11 or 5 on the pitch wont make any difference for skill spammers - theyll be even more happy to have contant end-to-end game.
Fingers crossed big pitch will see some more realism.
and then i found the following comment under that article at eurogamer.net:
"In FIFA 20 we've developed a revolutionary new control scheme. Instead of using a standard joypad and buttons, you can just swipe your debit card and - depending on your available balance - perform amazing trick shots that will be sure to rack up the goals (assuming you're using a high rated player you've managed to buy from FUT packs, obvs)."
:LOL: sad but true!

I'm using OS sliders,but I'm having some issues with this game
Ult difficulty an semi all.
How do toughen up the CPU?
Raise marking?
The answer I'm currently not looking for is "play manual".
Don't want to cripple myself or the stats ,just make the mf and Def tougher.

I was re-watching some gameplay videos I captured during the demo/release of FIFA 19 and I produced an audible sigh. Surely FIFA in its current state isn't the same FIFA I'm watching in what are now essentially time capsules. I know they alter the gameplay with each patch to appease the FUT kiddies (and have done for years). We all know, but sometimes I feel like it's all in my head.

Thus, I downloaded the FIFA 19 demo again and wow, that's the gameplay I remember enjoying so much. I gave it a go right after playing 30 minutes of FIFA 19 (with current patches) and the differences are immediately apparent. It's slower, the players have more weight to them (as does the ball), there's more momentum, the AI lunges into slide tackles/standing tackles more often (producing more CPU fouls), and just overall plays a more unpredictable game of football.

I wish I could be playing that version right now instead. What a bummer.

EDIT: For example, the way Manolas dives in haphazardly because he has no hope of catching Ronaldo. Should probably stay on his feet, but it adds a bit of variety. I rarely see the CPU do anything of the sort in current FIFA.

Said feck it and bought a copy of FIFA 19 Champion's Edition (launch version) for the PS4 off eBay. I'll just install and play the game with my ethernet unplugged.

Last edited:
New 2.57GB Patch for PC today.. Consoles should follow Friday or Monday

Will post notes when available.

EDIT:-
Now includes the FIFA Womens World Cup

Sorry guys just got back from hols and have latest patch on PS4. How to play FIFA Women’s World Cup? Or is it just Women’s International Cup with just a few of the teams?

Edit:- I just found it in Kick Off mode. But is it just the final? No way to play Group games? :(

Sorry guys just got back from hols and have latest patch on PS4. How to play FIFA Women’s World Cup? Or is it just Women’s International Cup with just a few of the teams?

Edit:- I just found it in Kick Off mode. But is it just the final? No way to play Group games? :(
Yes, you can only play the final with the official branding. The teams are also available in the generic women's tournament, though, although this one is limited to 12 teams.

This game is horrible offline vs AI (Has to be done on purpose no way it'd be left like that)

zero fouls
handballs disabled
Hit the post and bar an average of 3 times a game
AI is too weak and can't shoot
No midfield, Like a basketball game

I've used fidel's gameplay patches, sliders and most tools available on pc as well, It's a lost cause really.

The problem with the sliders is that you adjust it to make playing vs Barcelona more challenging for example. then your next game v fulham is the same difficulty as Barcelona and the same play style .... Stats mean nothing as well as pace lol

Yes, you can only play the final with the official branding. The teams are also available in the generic women's tournament, though, although this one is limited to 12 teams.

Thanks Majuh. That’s a bit of a shame. Anyway i started a new Women’s World Cup with 3 groups of the 12 best teams so far in the real life World Cup. I will post highlights in the video thread.

Still enjoying this game at the moment.

Thinking of picking this up for £10 after work, Literally haven't even played the demo. Should be interesting, how's the vanilla gameplay hold up or will i need @Matt10 sliders to salvage this one?

Thinking of picking this up for £10 after work, Literally haven't even played the demo. Should be interesting, how's the vanilla gameplay hold up or will i need @Matt10 sliders to salvage this one?
Vanilla gameplay is 100mph (even on slow). The ball moves so fast you'll get motion-sickness.

Sliders are 100% necessary offline (even if you're just slowing human and AI pass speed down). In my opinion! Give Ultimate difficulty a go, it's not as cheaty-hard as it sounds.

I’m still really enjoying it so £10 to me is a steal. But as Chris says vanilla sliders are a no go. I use Operation Sports Sliders but with Passing and Shooting at 50 because i’m on manual and don’t want to make it any harder than it already is. I also give myself a 1 point advantage either on Top Speed or Acceleration (can’t remember what one) over the CPU because i was finding that the CPU defence was always nipping in front of my strikers.

Also, play on Ultimate level.

Let us know what you do and how you find it...if you buy it ;)

Congrats with the Champions League win by the way :)

It was much better at launch than it is now. Even with the sliders, it doesn't really do it for me anymore. With that said, they'll certainly help and are definitely necessary. Either way, it's definitely worth trying for that price.

Vanilla gameplay is 100mph (even on slow). The ball moves so fast you'll get motion-sickness.

Sliders are 100% necessary offline (even if you're just slowing human and AI pass speed down). In my opinion! Give Ultimate difficulty a go, it's not as cheaty-hard as it sounds.
Yeah i definatley felt like it was a bit too fast and a little hyper sensitive, even on slow. Can't imagine what it'll be like online haha.

Also, play on Ultimate level.

Let us know what you do and how you find it...if you buy it ;)

Congrats with the Champions League win by the way :)
I'll try ultimate level tonight, It's interesting that a few people are suggesting it as historically Legendary was almost always unplayable because it was so flawless in attack/defence and would nerf your teams stats. so the idea of a difficulty up from that terrifies me haha.

I'll try it though, just been playing on professional last night to get used to it again as i hadn't played FIFA in over a year. Been playing all sorts of PES games from the past so it's kind of nice to play something "fresh".

The couple of things i can really commend FIFA on is first of all it's presentation, matches really do feel like a big deal, match day broadcast and i kind of missed the gratuitous cinematic and the crowd look bloody amazing.

I also like how the game does respect how you can't just pass and play with minimal effort like it kind of does on PES 2019. If you rush a pass before your players body positioning or the circumstance correct, then they'll fluff the pass. So there's at least incentive to pay attention to how players are lining up for stuff. When i do score or if a play works out well, it feels so satisfying because it does exactly what i wanted it to do. I felt sometimes with PES 2019, you "accidentally" score. As if it takes so little effort or concentration that you'd just turn/pass, turn/pass + shoot and it feels like a disconnect between what i pressed and what happens on screen.

I got my arse kicked a couple of times by the AI last night that even when i reduced the deficit i actually punched the air because it felt like i earned it but because it happened exactly the way i intended it to.

@MafiaMurderBag do try it.
Im not a good fifa player. I always played on professional and assisted. Never thought ill stand a chance on anything above that.
But on slow, with some sliders, ultimate was (apart from Pes17) best football experience I had this year. If it wasnt for complete lack of physicality and fouls - id be still hammering Fifa.
Ultimate is very fun, challenging, but still human. Very well balanced.

When i do score or if a play works out well, it feels so satisfying because it does exactly what i wanted it to do. I felt sometimes with PES 2019, you "accidentally" score. As if it takes so little effort or concentration that you'd just turn/pass, turn/pass + shoot and it feels like a disconnect between what i pressed and what happens on screen.
This post should be in the comparison thread really, but just to reply to this point - I find this the most difficult thing to describe when comparing the games.

I scored a goal in FIFA yesterday from the corner of the box with Icardi (semi-shooting), which was a hard low drive that just managed to smack the inside of the post and go in. I know that my input for that goal - and my inputs leading up to it - were the driving factor. It was also unique (it was a "shock" for it to go in, and it was lower and with more spin than any goal I've scored for a while).

In PES (without resorting to full-manual), I will press shoot and aim to the keeper's right, and occasionally the player will (purposefully) shoot left, and it'll go in - and I'm sat there completely flat, no joy in scoring, because that wasn't my goal. It robs me of all the joy of scoring a goal.

Other times it'll fly in and I know that the game has gone "okay, let him score now" - I've not made that goal through precise aim or judgement. I've just been "allowed" it because it's been deemed "right" - and I know that because it's the exact same goal I've scored a hundred times.

FIFA, even on assisted settings, takes so much more from your input.

This, and a million other reasons (largely to do with rigidity, rails and input delay) is why I feel like FIFA is the better game overall (even though there are enough things wrong with it to make it difficult to enjoy long-term - which is the most frustrating thing).

If they work on the AI for FIFA 20 (they've already confirmed the ball physics)... I'll be very happy.

Last edited:
This post should be in the comparison thread really, but just to reply to this point - I find this the most difficult thing to describe when comparing the games.

I scored a goal in FIFA yesterday from the corner of the box with Icardi (semi-shooting), which was a hard low drive that just managed to smack the inside of the post and go in. I know that my input for that goal - and my inputs leading up to it - were the driving factor. It was also unique (it was a "shock" for it to go in, and it was lower and with more spin than any goal I've scored for a while).

In PES (without resorting to full-manual), I will press shoot and aim to the keeper's right, and occasionally the player will (purposefully) shoot left, and it'll go in - and I'm sat there completely flat, no joy in scoring, because that wasn't my goal. It robs me of all the joy of scoring a goal.

Other times it'll fly in and I know (because of the lack of variety, because the shots follow the same path to the net) that the game has gone "okay, let him score now" - I've not made that goal through precise aim or judgement. I've just been "allowed" it because it's been deemed "right".
Sorry, it didn't occur to me to post there as i felt like it was a small point, however; I do love this post, you've summed it up better than i could've. I can't top that description of "That wasn't my goal".

It's funny how you mentioned the feeling of algorithm based shooting and goals towards the end of your quote as ironically that's exactly how FIFA operated on the PS2, Which is why it felt so vapid to play.

I usually play on Semi Assisted on FIFA as i felt it was the best of both worlds and the perfect blue print for what a "PA1" should be, but as i'm getting used to it again i stuck with assisted assisted last night and even then i felt like i still had to be considerate about what i was doing.

I'm really not that nit picky when it comes to graphics and physics but i have noticed a fair amount of clipping with the ball going through players legs as their shooting on the replays. I get why it happens as you could imagine if every time you went to hit the ball and your players tripped over the ball or it ricochets off the opposite leg, that would be infuriating but it's more of an animation and calculation issue that they'd need to work on.

When i do score or if a play works out well, it feels so satisfying because it does exactly what i wanted it to do. I felt sometimes with PES 2019, you "accidentally" score. As if it takes so little effort or concentration that you'd just turn/pass, turn/pass + shoot and it feels like a disconnect between what i pressed and what happens on screen.

Accidentally. That's extremely apt, I like that.

FIFA 19 doesn't use EA's Dynamic Difficulty Adjustment patents, dev insists
EA Sports has issued a statement denying the FIFA games make use of an EA patent that dynamically adjusts difficulty in video games.

Whether FIFA has dynamic difficulty - or momentum as it's sometimes called - or scripting, as others put it - has been a debate that's raged within the game's community for years. This is the idea the game will give you a helping hand if you're losing, or knock you back if you're winning, in order to create a sense of drama. A last-minute winner by the team you've dominated for 90 minutes, that kind of thing.
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...mic-difficulty-adjustment-patents-dev-insists

Maya-Rudolph-Okay.gif

FIFA 19 doesn't use EA's Dynamic Difficulty Adjustment patents, dev insists
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...mic-difficulty-adjustment-patents-dev-insists

Maya-Rudolph-Okay.gif
I saw someone on Twitter insisting scripting exists because on a volley, his Maradona legend card missed the target, when the shot arrow (in the replay) showed the ball going straight into the goal.

Absolutely no willingness to accept that maybe the ball was spinning and the contact prevented the goal. Nope. CHEATING.

It's ridiculous. All of the "proof" is nothing like "proof", they're all replays of one-offs from people used to winning 19 games out of 20, and when they lose they start shouting that they're being cheated after spending £1,000s on "cards" (more fool them, don't be an idiot).

Well, the Dynamic Difficulty might not be in use on FIFA, but I definitely saw code myself of the Adaptive Difficulty inside the FIFA files, since FIFA 17. And it actually makes the AI play a little more "human" when disabling it. I give you my word on that.

Ultimate difficulty plays very well,tons of mistakes from the CPU,yet good CPU players are sharp in and around your box.
Downside,probably not difficulty related,Ai defence are rubbish,way to easy to score and win games,even with low rated teams.

Back
Top Bottom