Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
I read a lot of people suggesting using Ultimate Difficulty, but i can't find it? It's not available in kick off mode? a quick look on google suggests that it's a FUT exclusive difficulty? So how is everybody playing on this setting then?

I read a lot of people suggesting using Ultimate Difficulty, but i can't find it? It's not available in kick off mode? a quick look on google suggests that it's a FUT exclusive difficulty? So how is everybody playing on this setting then?
Ah, it's not available outside of Career Mode and FUT I don't think.

Ok. I'm going to ask the obvious but...

...Why? :?

Why literally make a difficulty level locked behind one mode? What a strange cop out.

We're "lucky" to have it in Career Mode and UCL. Ultimate difficulty was available in FUT for several years before they enabled it for other game modes. Made no sense. The difficulty setting is there, just allow it in every game mode. How difficult is that!

We're "lucky" to have it in Career Mode and UCL. Ultimate difficulty was available in FUT for several years before they enabled it for other game modes. Made no sense. The difficulty setting is there, just allow it in every game mode. How difficult is that!
I know i know... It's like making snow exclusive to career mode or something.

It's not something that's a quirk of it's environment like confetti and flares in South America cut scenes or something and thus certain stadiums have been animated a certain way, It's a difficulty setting that could be universally applied to any game mode against the CPU in the entire game.

But hey that's logic for you.

I am playing Women’s World Cup using Tournament Mode on Ultimate difficulty. ;)

Maybe it works in Tournament Mode too :)

Last edited:
I've really been enjoying this since i've picked it up on Monday, Last night i tried a few games on Matt10's latest sliders and it makes a world of difference. Really crafts a far more tolerable pace and weight to the game. I'm playing on Legendary and it doesn't seem anywhere near as bulletproof and flawless as it did on previous games.

One minor thing i can't figure out, I'm only playing in Kickoff mode for now but there seems to be no way to turn the trainer/help shit off permanently? All my controller settings save and are fine but fore some reason at the start of every match i have to pause the game and turn off that bloody trainer. This an issue for anyone else?

I've really been enjoying this since i've picked it up on Monday, Last night i tried a few games on Matt10's latest sliders and it makes a world of difference. Really crafts a far more tolerable pace and weight to the game. I'm playing on Legendary and it doesn't seem anywhere near as bulletproof and flawless as it did on previous games.

One minor thing i can't figure out, I'm only playing in Kickoff mode for now but there seems to be no way to turn the trainer/help shit off permanently? All my controller settings save and are fine but fore some reason at the start of every match i have to pause the game and turn off that bloody trainer. This an issue for anyone else?
I remember those being annoying af,still happens when I go to a kickoff game even though it's saved not to show up on my career mode (where they won't show up)
Can't help you there,even my button config is screwed up in kick off

Press R3 (right stick) to turn it off in game.

It is a little bit bugged. Sometimes it turns on in my carrier by itself, I don’t press any R3.
Also I started a career mode with Tranmere Rovers in EFL two, inspired by a “GAG post” in the off-topic section of this forum, and the direction trainer which is the only I use, doesn’t show up no matter the settings I try. In the same time in my old CM save with HSV, it works without problems.

Make sure you actually create a new Kick Off profile instead of using the default one, then your settings should be saved.

I've uninstalled this game months ago. Around November or December, can't remember exactly. After all this time can someone comment on whether the CPU adjusts tactics based on the scoreline? There were plenty of things I liked/didn't like about the game, but this was a major thing for me. Have they fixed it?

To be more specific, if you switch the team you're controlling midgame you'll see that the CPU always uses the default 'balanced' tactic, at any given time. So depending on default tactics, they pressed like mad, even when winning, or let me play keep ball even when losing. Maybe I can try to give this game another chance if that's no longer the case.

anybody here play fifa 19 on 360? any good?

(i know its last gen but that's precisely why it could actually play better than its current gen version)

EDIT : Not to worry. just booted up fifa18 on 360 and answered my own question.

Last edited:
Still playing this out of the box unpatched..Still for me a great example of how AI should be in a modern football game.

Never felt the same after the first patch and sticking with it in its vanilla state has provided me with memories and experiences I haven’t had in a football game for many a year..

Ea were really onto something early on with this one..what a regression and almost like two different games from then to now.Slowpaced,weighty,all about build up play and difficult to get the ball forward quickly.Had lots more error too.

Still playing this out of the box unpatched..Still for me a great example of how AI should be in a modern football game.

Never felt the same after the first patch and sticking with it in its vanilla state has provided me with memories and experiences I haven’t had in a football game for many a year..

Ea were really onto something early on with this one..what a regression and almost like two different games from then to now.Slowpaced,weighty,all about build up play and difficult to get the ball forward quickly.Had lots more error too.

Is there any way to play this unpatched on a console (xbox one x)?

Is there any way to play this unpatched on a console (xbox one x)?

How I play it(Xbox one x)Your need a disc copy and just make sure your internet’s off so it doesn’t update.

Rules online play out though and any squad updates/kits etc.

Last edited:
Oskar..If you haven’t already,I also recommmend Fifa 16 unpatched(still what I would consider one of the all time greats).

The marriage of 16’s physics and animations with 19’s A.I and stats pre patch..We’ll that’s another story.

Oskar..If you haven’t already,I also recommmend Fifa 16 unpatched(still what I would consider one of the all time greats).

The marriage of 16’s physics and animations with 19’s A.I and stats pre patch..We’ll that’s another story.
The problem on PS4 is that fifa16 is a dead game from market perspective and it’s price is stuck to 30€ since years now on PSstore.

I swear this series is some of the best stuff on the Internet.

The guy at 1:12 is always in it and he’s so, so funny.

Just reminds me of me before I quit Fifa for good!

If on PC there's some mods that updated the leagues with promotion/relegation, transfers etc. etc.
On console mate,really was hoping they'd updated some transfers and maybe manager changes,broke my disc when I moved a month ago,and thinking on getting it digitally,but checked Microsoft store €65i sh (749 Swedish).
So I guess I'll wait:)

Played FUT Champions this weekend. Used to get 18 wins from 30 but have been struggling to scrape the 14 needed to auto qualify for the next weekend.

Had 3 games to play today with 13 wins, 5-3 up and the guy gets back to 5-4 with a few minutes left.

Since I just need the one win, I decide to hold on to the ball and timewaste.

3 mins injury time so I hold on for that amount then do a slack pass thinking that the whistle will blow.

He ends update scoring at 95 mins, it goes to extra time, I lose and then I lose both my remaining games too.

So annoying!!!!

Back
Top Bottom