Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
the power bar fills up so slowly for manual passes and it pisses me off so much. it slows down the game, makes you lose momentum, your players are constantly constantly backward to fetch the bal, and prevents you from making quick passes (espeicaly under pressure).

so annoying how one basic mechanic tweaked a little wrong can harm the game so much

the power bar fills up so slowly for manual passes and it pisses me off so much. it slows down the game, makes you lose momentum, your players are constantly constantly backward to fetch the bal, and prevents you from making quick passes (espeicaly under pressure).

so annoying how one basic mechanic tweaked a little wrong can harm the game so much
Did you already tweak the corresponding power bar slider?

OS sliders(ish) 15 min ULT difficulty semi pass/shooting manual on all other.

Was surprised how tough it played,got beat by Chelsea 2-0 away with my Villa.
4 first game I played (on a old save) I had a 4 month injury,a 8 week injury and one for two weeks
I've set injuries a bit higher than original sliders (operation sports).
I really liked my 4 games last night.

I played my old Villa save on three different difficulty (replayed the same first half Vs Everton)
WC was absolutely rubbish,end to end no time in the ball for the CPU,just one touch passes going fw.
Leg difficulty,quite ok
ULT plays the best,really like that difficulty,if I increase pass speed it's getting quite tough (now at 35 for CPU)

I Keep losing,just broke a five game losing streak , hammered Brighton 4-0 away.
But I had a loss Vs Arsenal 4-2 were I didn't stand a chance,not sure if updates etc has made this game tougher,but sure feels like it.
I'm having a bit of fun playing this game again

Liverpool away,got trashed 4-0,I didn't have one shot on goal the first 40 min.
Its quite enjoyable atm.
Really differen from when I played my Genoa save

I always put you down as a default controls player Rock?

If you’re loving it this much I might jump back in. I need to learn semi or manual to enjoy this long term I think seeing as it’s too easy on default.

What do you recommend? I don’t really wanna mess with sliders.

I always put you down as a default controls player Rock?

If you’re loving it this much I might jump back in. I need to learn semi or manual to enjoy this long term I think seeing as it’s too easy on default.

What do you recommend? I don’t really wanna mess with sliders.
I'm playing the latest set from Operation sports,with a few tweaks,lower pass speed 35/32
Watch the CPU shooting though it can be tweaked as well.
In liking the challenge,CPU passing etc is still shit,one touch no body adjustments.
But I feel it's s challenge.
15 min assisted pass /manual TB/semi shooting /manual cross.
Might want to up your pass speed if you play manual Through balls

Gave my 18 a go to,that game is so smooth Vs 19

I would actually recommend 18 over 19 in gameplay

Going to start a career today, haven't decided on a team yet. I've played a few games with semi passing and shooting and it's more challenging. Default sliders way to go for me otherwise they break stuff I find, SLOW speed as always, Ultimate difficulty.

Going to experiment it basically. Fancy a Championship side.

Oh and this game looks FAR better in HDR than the other one. I don't have to mess with my tv settings. Xbox One X doesn't sound like it's about to take off either!

Going to start a career today, haven't decided on a team yet. I've played a few games with semi passing and shooting and it's more challenging. Default sliders way to go for me otherwise they break stuff I find, SLOW speed as always, Ultimate difficulty.

Going to experiment it basically. Fancy a Championship side.

Oh and this game looks FAR better in HDR than the other one. I don't have to mess with my tv settings. Xbox One X doesn't sound like it's about to take off either!
If you want a challenge pick one of the newly promoted teams to PL (villa/Norwich/blades) don't make any major transfers,keep the defenders from previous year.
Season two for me,13th first season,now I'm bottom three after 15 games, conceding 2-3 goals every game with my shit defenders

If you want a challenge pick one of the newly promoted teams to PL (villa/Norwich/blades) don't make any major transfers,keep the defenders from previous year.
Season two for me,13th first season,now I'm bottom three after 15 games, conceding 2-3 goals every game with my shit defenders
Going with Hull City mate!

Gonna start today. Don’t know why I haven’t persisted with semi shooting and passing before makes the game more difficult but not frustrating.

Enjoying this a lot can’t wait to start a career now.

Going with Hull City mate!

Gonna start today. Don’t know why I haven’t persisted with semi shooting and passing before makes the game more difficult but not frustrating.

Enjoying this a lot can’t wait to start a career now.
I'm struggling big time,14th place after 25 games (2nd season) my defense is so poor

Grinded out two PL s axons with Aston Villa,facing 85-88% passing teams like Bournemouth/Brighton/Watford.
Now that I've moved on to La Liga and Valencia I'm really enjoying it again.

Playing the PL feels like you're playing an hectic online game Vs a FUT guy compared to the more realistic interpretation of football that is La Liga.
I'm never ever playing that league again,and it's a great tip for you who feel the game is frantic ,change league.
Did the same on FIFA 17/18.

I even need to alter my sliders a bit.
Really having fun,and looking at FIFA 20 with some optimism !

Man,could this game really be this good,just by skipping the PL?
Having more fun than I should right now,no laser guided defenders seeking up the ball with perfect tackles 10/10 but a much loser/riskier defending.
A CPU that actually plays differently depending on which team you face.

Slowing down the pace outside the box and go for a few dribbles and the CPU,when they fall for it,are completely blown by.
Brilliant game atm.
And having a good team,not a great but very good is a perfect fit for fighting Vs the big boys and have the tool to kill off smaller ones.

I'm seeing this La Liga season out before getting any new game,that's for sure.

After playing 19 for a while this weekend, I've realised how desperate I am for 20's gameplay to be tweaked just enough to get a little more enjoyment out of it.

What I mean is, as an overall experience (and I include gameplay, with its issues), I just don't think it can be beat right now. For me, personally. I also think it mimics modern football and the rapid changes in tempo, as well as the variety of goals, better than anything else.

Last night, I played in Euro 2020 as Turkey, in a tough group. Other than the gameplay being...

A) Much too fast (and that's on slow, with pass speed turned down - this is my biggest fear for 20 because it's the thing I probably dislike the most about it), and

B) Devoid of fouls (something that I've just got used to, but after the PES demo, it's really difficult to ignore that no coming-together ever risks a foul)

(And I accept that these aren't small problems, they're major...)

It was just so varied, and it was challenging. I played Portugal on Ultimate, and they loved a dribble (not just one superstar with a "dribble card" or whatever - a lot of their midfield). My stodgy defence couldn't keep pace with them and we deservedly lost.

I played Romania on Legendary, and after scoring from a cutback through a packed box that somehow got through to Tosun to tap in, they got lucky with a long ball that I misjudged (I tried to make the defender head a ball he couldn't reach, and because he committed to it, they were gifted an easy one-on-one).

I had to beat England to progress. I even did something I've not done in a long time, and knocked the difficulty down to World Class, because I wanted to carry on in the tournament and the difficulty was proving hard enough.

I genuinely had to change tactics to suppress Sterling (which is why I wish they'd let you see a team's "predicted" line-up before a match, such a simple thing). They relied on him and Rashford too much (Rashford missed a couple of chances), and I had a one-on-one that filled me with an excitement I just don't get from PES any more (I felt like I'd really earnt it), which I tried to "finesse" (I never use that function, but I had time) and it still hit the corner flag.

(I even saved that shot as a replay, because it was so bad, it felt good - that the game was punishing me for trying to score a fancy goal with a DM, and again, you just don't see that in PES anywhere near often enough.)

It ended 0-0 and that was it, I was out. I'd left Newcastle, whose board requirements became ridiculous (not unrealistic given their current chairman), and applied for the job at Valencia, who were going through a rough patch in Spain - it then took almost an hour to sort out their squad.

The whole process - the way that the scouts work, players wanting to go, players refusing to join unless they were promised first team football (which has really screwed up the team in terms of depth, I've shifted out loads of lower-quality players but can't convince anyone better to join for a "sporadic" role), Premier League clubs coming in day after day for our best players and not taking no for an answer...

(I imagine all this on top of the new "player conversations" system, and the "dynamic attribute growth" and I mean - fuck me, it might still need a few very basic things, but it's still exciting.)

Then getting to the first matchday and being given a whole new presentation (okay, graphics came into it eventually) - even down to the lighting - and a new feel to the matches compared to the lightning pace of the Premier League. True variation.

I just don't feel any of this when playing PES (not the comparison thread I know, but I'm just saying - this is why I'm desperate for FIFA 20 to turn out okay).

I started career mode again on PS4 and I'm getting stat upgrades after the early matches (e.g. made your debut) but the notification in the top right gets stuck there. When I start the next match it's still there. How do I fix this please?

So I've played my third season,first with Valencia.
Interesting that if you keep going and win,the team/teams won't slack off.
I decided to sim My last 6-7 games (Will play them properly later on) just to see if Barca kept chasing me ,and they did.
Last season I played the OL where spurs won it on 70ish points.
Barca kept going
IMG_20190909_163042.jpg

So I've played my third season,first with Valencia.
Interesting that if you keep going and win,the team/teams won't slack off.
I decided to sim My last 6-7 games (Will play them properly later on) just to see if Barca kept chasing me ,and they did.
Last season I played the OL where spurs won it on 70ish points.
Barca kept going
View attachment 19389
Isn't it weird?

Certain teams seem to develop certain habits, and I don't think they're assigned these things by editors or whatever - it's like they develop randomly.

Main example - when people say "the AI don't play their star players"... In my experience, it's random who this happens to. Liverpool refused to play Mo Salah in my Newcastle career mode, except in an absolute emergency. He played about four times a season, and yet he was never transferred. But in a new career mode I started, they played him every week, but at Arsenal, Lacazette was never played.

Isn't it weird?

Certain teams seem to develop certain habits, and I don't think they're assigned these things by editors or whatever - it's like they develop randomly.

Main example - when people say "the AI don't play their star players"... In my experience, it's random who this happens to. Liverpool refused to play Mo Salah in my Newcastle career mode, except in an absolute emergency. He played about four times a season, and yet he was never transferred. But in a new career mode I started, they played him every week, but at Arsenal, Lacazette was never played.
Weird as hell,I've seen exactly that too.
They hardly played Messi in my save,Suarez got played a bit randomly too.
Won the scoring title on 17 goals
Weird it is

I often look back to the initial release of FIFA 19 and now more so than ever with FIFA 20 fast approaching. With the amount of FIFA I play each year, it all becomes a blur. Has anyone seen the "all-fours" animation in recent times?

Time stamped.

I honestly can't recall the last time I saw this, but it might just be me. I also remember defenders falling to the ground during the demo/initial release when they'd get shifted/skinned. They'd also stretch their arms out in vain as you blew past them. All of this seems to have been greatly reduced or flat out removed from the game.

Last edited:
This game really is outstanding. I owned it only for a few short months last year because I couldn't get into it but I bought it again recently to have another go. I'm really glad I did. I have a career going in League 1 on WC difficulty and the range of matches I'm enjoying is so engaging. Having done 2 seasons, I can't think of a single match (or even goal) that wasn't rightfully earned. The AI, whilst not perfect, switches up their approach and keeps me on my toes. I've seen just about every kind of goal from bobbled goal-mouth scrambles, 30-yard screamers, to beautiful one-touch counter attacking moves. Nothing feels out of reach here. I even had a match just the other day that looked and felt like a real match - so many random deflections off players' bodies into all sorts of areas with some amazing keeper reactions. I wish I had recorded the whole match to post here.

There are things that could be better (i.e. the ball slows down too quickly, and the payer-switching mechanic is sometimes a useless mess) but I can look past those.

I can't see me switching to another footy game for a long time.

This game really is outstanding. I owned it only for a few short months last year because I couldn't get into it but I bought it again recently to have another go. I'm really glad I did. I have a career going in League 1 on WC difficulty and the range of matches I'm enjoying is so engaging. Having done 2 seasons, I can't think of a single match (or even goal) that wasn't rightfully earned. The AI, whilst not perfect, switches up their approach and keeps me on my toes. I've seen just about every kind of goal from bobbled goal-mouth scrambles, 30-yard screamers, to beautiful one-touch counter attacking moves. Nothing feels out of reach here. I even had a match just the other day that looked and felt like a real match - so many random deflections off players' bodies into all sorts of areas with some amazing keeper reactions. I wish I had recorded the whole match to post here.

There are things that could be better (i.e. the ball slows down too quickly, and the payer-switching mechanic is sometimes a useless mess) but I can look past those.

I can't see me switching to another footy game for a long time.

Well that didn't last long.

Got 6 seasons into my individual player career at AFC Wimbledon and am now worth £75m. Been on the transfer market for 4 seasons and haven't had a single offer. What a %%%%ing joke.

Uninstalled.

Got 6 seasons into my individual player career at AFC Wimbledon and am now worth £75m. Been on the transfer market for 4 seasons and haven't had a single offer. What a %%%%ing joke.

Uninstalled.
Player career is a joke on FIFA,same on NHL and their shitty basketball game (that got cancelled this year).
It's a bit better on FIFA 20,still the same ever lasting contract,but you can make some tactical decision in game,like setting Def/off levels.

When it came out,you couldn't make your player taller than 6'2.

Uninstalled.

knowing full well about these problems, today I went in to download for the first time fifa 19. I need a bit of a break from '20 as its a little frustrating lately. I hope career mode plays OK. will test tonight....
seems a lot of people regard this as the worst fifa, but for career mode i dont know if it changed much from '18

Back
Top Bottom