FIFA 19 Slider Thread

Really don't like run frequency at 25, the players are so static and I lost 4 in a row whilst scoring none. Bumped it to 40 and now I think I've found the setsw spot.

Yeah, we've found, actually, that the Run Frequency may be more in-line with the team tactics than initially though, or as we had previously known in past FIFA versions.

I'll have a slider update when console guys get the patch update. However, here is the one that is currently "actively" being tested:

FIFA 19 OS Sliders - Set V2B3
Difficulty
: Pro, World Class, Legendary, Ultimate
Time: 10-15 minute halves
Speed: Slow
Controls: Any
Sprint Speed: 50/50
- This is honestly a user preference. If you like the more solid feel of players, lower the Sprint value under 50. If you want the referee to look at the contact more, increase the value. I've kept it simple and placed it at default of 50.

Acceleration: 50/50
- (V2B2) No changes here, and to be honest, it most likely will not be lowered like in previous years. Reason being is the fatigue is always affected (unfortunately) and the feel of the game just becomes very sluggish and out of sync. The animation that starts is what I call "locomotion" as in the player is revving up in order to move in any direction. Looks strange. Keeping it at 50.

Shot Error: 53/53
- (V2B2) We tested this from 52 to 55. The value of 52 introduced a lot more post hits, and some unrealistic rocket goals, which was a bit unfortunate. The value of 55 seems to be the threshold, but paired up with the shot speed (below), the shooting became too tame and the GK was able to catch more than deflect.

Pass Error: 58/58
- We bring back the value of 58 here because pass speed has increased. As I've said, when you increase pass error, pass speed also needs to be increased. This balances the quality and accuracy of passes accordingly.

Shot Speed: 49/49
- (V2B2) This was a surprising value to be honest. Something felt off with the way the keeper interacted with the ball. They would dive underneath the flight of the ball when struck. So a medium height shot, and the keeper dives underneath it. In addition, the save animations were limiting with the high shot speed as you rarely see one handed saves. The main animation would be the two arms outstretched that you rarely see IRL. Now, with it at 49, goodness...what amazing save animations. The keeper reacts are so much better. There is a true sense of getting solid contact on the ball, and when you score those worldies, it feels extremely rewarding.

Pass Speed: 52/52
- As mentioned above regarding Pass Error. This value has to be raised a bit to compensate for the pass error. As it stands, the passing in the game does not have any risk/reward to it, especially as pass error is increased. The thought of underpowering a pass should not be a concern, rather a pass that is inaccurate due to the pressure of pace would be more believable. Any real match we watch, the pressure to perform is a product of the ball bouncing and attempting to control it. If the pass speed remained at 50, with a pass error of 58, there is not difficulty in controlling a "soft" ball versus one that is alive. This is why the pass speed of 52 is recommended. If you really have issues with it, feel free to adjust, but also lower pass error to compensate.

Injury Frequency: 65/65
- (V2B2) Thanks to Aaron's suggestion on this one. Good balance of walk-offs and injuries needing to be subbed out right away.

Injury Severity: 10/10
- (V2B2) Thanks to Aaron's suggestion on this one. Good balance of walk-offs and injuries needing to be subbed out right away.

GK Ability: 51/51
- Just a slight bump to the keeper ability here. Some questionable save animations and decision making by the keeper. The value did not go so high that it would result in unrealistic animations since the shot speed remains at 49.

Marking: 60/60
- Tested this value from scaled 51 to 80 with multiple teams' CTTs. The most controlled value was at 60. Ironically, the values in the 50's caused more ADD (Attention Deficit Defending) than expected. This is a good balance in allowing enough aggression for balanced teams, and providing the over-the-top gegenpress teams to also remain within their identity, but it is not so much that you can easily pass around them. The adjustments to Run Frequency and Length help to support this as well.

Run Frequency: 50/50
- Always a value that gets so much attention. There is a strong belief here that the CTT's continue to dominate, and the value of run frequency further supports that. I would say do not judge this book by its cover because it does in fact make for a lot of variety, but also some strong identity to teams. You will see build up, you will see quick counters, you will see teams bombarding up the pitch. I think this is the part in which I said that we were losing the identity of teams because we had handicapped them. You will know which team your playing, and how they want to attack you. Embrace it, and leave this value alone.

⦿ The Height, Length and Width (HLW) values are significant this year with the CTT's. We are still treading quite carefully here on veering too far away from default unless absolutely necessary.

Height: 50/50
- Even though this value remains, it was not without testing. Probably the most frustrating of the HLW is this height. In the past we could move it up as we pleased, but this year, it just introduces too many issues to the defensive line. You introduce the defensive line too early when raising it, and they drop back way too far when you reduce it. This is 100% a CTT value that dominates, so again, our suggestion is to leave it alone.

Length: 50/50
- In hopes to get better shape, we had this previously under 50. While it looked great at 45, the problem was the theme of each match was User Defensive 3rd vs CPU's Defensive 3rd, all that midfield by the center circle became ignored. The reason is for every possession, the other team would drop back, no matter what CTT was used. You can see this by simply testing goal kicks for the CPU. The GK will not kick the ball past the halfway line, because they are preparing for a pass that does not require to reach the other side of the pitch. This is why the comments about frustrating tiki-taka and the lack of variety from CPU would dominate the thread. It's true, because we limited the CPU, and User, on what was possible. Extending the length was one thing, but is another reason marking was used to "control" the length as well, so it is not constantly end to end. There is so much variety here, and another nod to EA for getting CTTs a priority this year.

Width: 49/49
- Just another slight bump here, but going into the 50's and now the field becomes open, and compensations must be addressed. The difference between 49 to 50 is minimal, but it takes that passing sequence in the middle of the pitch from being regular, to the CPU actually trying to break you down with using the sidelines when required. The pass error at 58 helps this, but it's important to have the proper compression in certain spots. A note as well to the FBs, yes they will tuck in. It's an unfortunate programming by EA.

FB Positioning: 0/0
- The FB will get up the pitch, do not worry about that. They will respect the instructions given and drop back when necessary. The value at anything above 0 seemed to create more chaos, including how the CPU would face up 1v1. The goal here is to limit the FBs tendency to mark a midfielder, who is tucked in, on their own, and release to drop back into their formation. The good thing this year is that the FBs are programmed to be so involved in the attack already, so you do not see an immediate retreat like in years' past when we had to have this value fairly high.

FT Control: 72/72
- Honestly, this is another personal preference, however the importance on getting the variety is also making the ball remain alive. This is why pass speed at 52, and FT at 50, still works great, but from my testing is that on 72, I am seeing the same great animations that I had seen on 40 such as shirt grabbing, clumsy tackles and referee recognition. I am not saying this is the holy grail of fouls, but the pros outweigh the cons. You can still make some incredible first touches in this game with the value this high. It will truly make players stand out.

@Matt10 Injury Frequency at 65? And Severity at 10? Really? I had to turn it down to 20 and 1 or something because it was very annoying for me to get at least one player injured each game, even simulated ones. I was like "Can I please have my entire squad fit for once in a whole season?!".
And even after setting Injury Severity at 1, I still have had injuries of key players that were out for 2-3 months. Specially when simulating games I was not interested in playing.

I didn't see any injuries at all with default sliders. As far as I know, the sliders don't affect simulated matches.

Great work as always, Matt. But I still don't get why the pass speed is always so high. Was at a Premiership match at the weekend, and even the driven passing of the pros is half the speed of Fifa 19's driven pass. I think TV cameras exaggerate the speed.

At the moment I have pass speed at 45/30 and, as weird as it seems, it looks about right.

(I should mention I'm playing on semi everything, and using broadcast cam). On other cameras it does need to be faster.

Hi guys, please post your sliders in here.

I personally would like to see Goalgerd's, Matt10's and Chris Davies' sliders.
Hi I’ve just joined evo web,these are my own personal set of fifa 19 sliders:

7 mins halves
World class
Slow gameplay
Semi assisted controls
Tactical or Legacy defending

Sprint: 49/48
Acceleration:49/48
Shot error: 48/55
Pass error: 48/58
Shot speed: 50/50
Pass speed: 43/36
Injury freq: 50/50( injury settings optional)
Injury sev: 50/50
Goalkeeper: 50/50
Marking: 50/49
Run freq: 0/0
Line height: 50/50
Line length: 50/49
Line width: 50/50
Fullback pos: 50/50
First touch err: 100/100
Power bar(user) 50

I am playing mainly friendlies at present and these are what the above is based on..so not tested on any other fifa modes..however I’m finding I’m getting some variable results with these,and the gameplay feels good..feel free to give them a try..am always open to advisable feedback..thanks.

Last edited:
Great work as always, Matt. But I still don't get why the pass speed is always so high. Was at a Premiership match at the weekend, and even the driven passing of the pros is half the speed of Fifa 19's driven pass. I think TV cameras exaggerate the speed.

At the moment I have pass speed at 45/30 and, as weird as it seems, it looks about right.

(I should mention I'm playing on semi everything, and using broadcast cam). On other cameras it does need to be faster.

shilts, would you mind posting the full set you're using? Using Pro and low pass speed is something I've had success with in the past—would love to see everything you're using.

That's always tricky.
TV Broadcast VS From-The-Stadium-Seats Football.

I always try to recreate TV Broadcast feeling when playing a game, since 99% of the games you'll see in your life are on TV and not from inside the stadium.
When you go see a real life game live right in the actual stadium everything is SO different.

I've seen Messi many times (thankfully) playing here in Argentina and even though he was quick, he seemed nowhere as quick as I used to see him on TV taking on defenders within 2 square feet.

When you see a great belter in the stadium it looks like the ball is heavy and then when you go home and watch the replay on TV, it looks like a freaking rocket.

Last edited:
shilts, would you mind posting the full set you're using? Using Pro and low pass speed is something I've had success with in the past—would love to see everything you're using.

Here they are Krebstar:

Time: 10-minute halves
Camera: Broadcast - Height 0, Zoom 20
Difficulty: Professional
Assists: Semi (manual where there's no semi)
Defending: Tactical

Sprint: 40/43
Acceleration:51/51
Shot error: 53/53
Pass error: 58/58
Shot speed: 49/49
Pass speed: 45/25
Injury freq: 65/65
Injury sev: 15/15
Goalkeeper: 51/51
Run freq: 50/50
Line height: 55/55
Line length: 50/50
Line width: 49/49
First touch err: 75/75
Power bar(user) 45

When you see a great belter in the stadium it looks like the ball is heavy and then when you go home and watch the reply on TV, it looks like a freaking rocket.

I think it's do with camera lens optics, or something like that. Very jealous that you've seen Messi play.

Pass speed is relative to the pass error. The higher pass error goes, the lower the pass speed behavior will be. FIFA 19, by default, has a really low pass speed, where 50 looks like a 45. You can tell this by crossing the ball, and letting it attempt to go out of bounds, it won't bounce out, it will dribble barely out of bounds. It's not like FIFA 14 where the pass speed was just a bit too much on the bounce.

I agree regarding driven passes, but that will also occur based on Pass Error value. This is why as you go lower in Pass error, the pass speed can go down. A pass error of 55, with a pass speed of 52, will look more like a 51, and a 60 in driven passes. On driven passes of pass speed at 52 and pass error at 58, you see a bit more realistic looking 50 to even lower. Especially as you go lower in ratings of players. This means driven passes by low rated players is a risk.

If you go too low on pass speed, you also get the players constantly coming to the ball on every pass. That's not as realistic as it sounds as it sounds more like hospital balls that are under-hit.

FIFA's driven passes are not the same as what is shown in real matches. In FIFA, the ball stays firmly on the ground and the defender has zero time to react. IRL, because the defenders are obviously more in tune, the pressure they put on the receiver is more immediate.

This is why pass error at 58 works with the pass speed of 52. All sliders are relevant to eachother. You can see why I didn't post that entire explanation in the set :) .

I appreciate your scientific method @Matt10 but when I play a match on World Class at 52-speed passing with any team against Manchester City, for example, they too often revert to the kind of hyper-speed passing which looks like nothing I've ever seen on a football pitch. And for me, that's the bottom line.

It's not so bad on other cameras, but on Broadcast Camera, which I like, it's horribly noticeable.

I haven't noticed too many short passes on Professional difficulty at 25 speed, and if there are, it certainly isn't the immersion killer that the Star Trek passes at 52-speed on World Class are. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
The passing on fifa dynamic camera is stupid. Tried again post patch. Against arsenal stringing together lightening one touch no look one touch passes ..10 in a row. It is ridiculous

For anyone that is interested, we posted Version 4 of the sliders here. Enjoy!

FIFA 19 OS Sliders - Set V4B1
Difficulty
Sprint Speed: 40/45
- Kudos to Balla here for determining a good value that creates a sense of the CPU not giving up on chasing, and also just enough of a low value that ensures the user is more "solid", which should then result in the CPU's momentum to cause more physicality.

- No changes here.

Shot Error: 55/55
- No changes. Shot error here to help with more contextual shooting animations and still maintain separation between elite and mediocre players.

Pass Error: 55/55
- No changes. Goal to just slightly to improve the ball physics. On 55 the ball does not dip as quickly in the air like it does on 58.

Shot Speed: 51/51
- No changes. Shot error is higher. Seeing some great animations for saves, but also the deflections are no longer "cushioned" deflections off hard shots - the ball is truly alive when deflected.

- No change. As mentioned above regarding Pass Error. This value has to be raised a bit to compensate for the pass error. As it stands, the passing in the game does not have any risk/reward to it, especially as pass error is increased. The thought of underpowering a pass should not be a concern, rather a pass that is inaccurate due to the pressure of pace would be more believable. Any real match we watch, the pressure to perform is a product of the ball bouncing and attempting to control it. If the pass speed remained at 50, with a pass error of 58, there is not difficulty in controlling a "soft" ball versus one that is alive. This is why the pass speed of 52 is recommended. If you really have issues with it, feel free to adjust, but also lower pass error to compensate.

Injury Frequency: 70/70
- Thanks to Aaron and jrn suggestion on this one. Good balance of walk-offs and injuries needing to be subbed out right away.

Injury Severity: 30/30
- No change. Thanks to Aaron and jrn suggestion on this one. Good balance of walk-offs and injuries needing to be subbed out right away. Some longer injuries as well.

GK Ability: 55/55
- No change. The big thing with keepers in this game is that they flail on shot attempts, especially headers. Need the keeper to stay firm and prepare for shots, versus instantly reacting and letting the goal in.

Marking: 50/50
- No change. Normalized value because higher marking of any kind was starting to hurt defensive assignments. Dropped down to 50 and it is much better, closer to a zonal look, and will help bring in the midfield.

Run Frequency: 1/1
- No change. Round and round we go, huh? Previously value was 50, and now we've dropped all the way down to 1. The reason for 1 is the same reason it always ends up being 1, which is too many runs off the ball = hectic. The players will still get up the pitch, and they will still honor the CTT chosen, but it will be more subtle than just letting a CAM have the ball, and 6-7 runs are made in full sprints off the ball.

⦿ The Height, Length and Width (HLW) values are significant this year with the CTT's. We are still treading quite carefully here on veering too far away from default unless absolutely necessary.

Height: 55/55
- Significantly improved the resistance in the midfield. Finally this is the patch we've been waiting for to allow a modification in height to create this effect. Lowering length was the initial thought, but turned out to cause more harm than good. With the slightly higher height, it pushes all the lines forward to meet - and result in better shape throughout.

- No change, these are notes from previous set. In hopes to get better shape, we had this previously under 50. While it looked great at 45, the problem was the theme of each match was User Defensive 3rd vs CPU's Defensive 3rd, all that midfield by the center circle became ignored. The reason is for every possession, the other team would drop back, no matter what CTT was used. You can see this by simply testing goal kicks for the CPU. The GK will not kick the ball past the halfway line, because they are preparing for a pass that does not require to reach the other side of the pitch. This is why the comments about frustrating tiki-taka and the lack of variety from CPU would dominate the thread. It's true, because we limited the CPU, and User, on what was possible. Extending the length was one thing, but is another reason marking was used to "control" the length as well, so it is not constantly end to end. There is so much variety here, and another nod to EA for getting CTTs a priority this year.

- Able to adjust this to a good under 50 value so the middle of the pitch isn't 1-3 passes forward each time. Clogs the center a lot more, which means more passes to the side to break down teams. Good variety per CTT's as well.

FB Positioning: 45/45
- Able to adjust this value with the height increase. The value of 0 FB was good pre-patch, but it also resulted in a very rigid defensive line, and a reluctant movement by the FB to overlap unless instructed, or to get into the defensive third to cover. Hot topic this year remains them going for a walk about the pitch, but it's better than it was for sure. There is still that odd occasion though.

FT Control: 55/55
- A bit of a rabbit hole, but this looks to be the final resting place for the FT debacle. There are those that tried the 40 FT, and let me remind you that is a value not intended to address the first touch at all, but more so the behavior of 50/50 getting stuck in to tackles, etc. With that said, the idea behind 55 is pretty straight forward. Slows the game down just slightly, and creates a bit more random play, relative to the pass speed value.

For anyone that is interested, we posted Version 4 of the sliders here. Enjoy!

FIFA 19 OS Sliders - Set V4B1
Difficulty
Sprint Speed: 40/45
- Kudos to Balla here for determining a good value that creates a sense of the CPU not giving up on chasing, and also just enough of a low value that ensures the user is more "solid", which should then result in the CPU's momentum to cause more physicality.

- No changes here.

- No changes. Shot error here to help with more contextual shooting animations and still maintain separation between elite and mediocre players.

Pass Error: 55/55
- No changes. Goal to just slightly to improve the ball physics. On 55 the ball does not dip as quickly in the air like it does on 58.

- No changes. Shot error is higher. Seeing some great animations for saves, but also the deflections are no longer "cushioned" deflections off hard shots - the ball is truly alive when deflected.

- No change. As mentioned above regarding Pass Error. This value has to be raised a bit to compensate for the pass error. As it stands, the passing in the game does not have any risk/reward to it, especially as pass error is increased. The thought of underpowering a pass should not be a concern, rather a pass that is inaccurate due to the pressure of pace would be more believable. Any real match we watch, the pressure to perform is a product of the ball bouncing and attempting to control it. If the pass speed remained at 50, with a pass error of 58, there is not difficulty in controlling a "soft" ball versus one that is alive. This is why the pass speed of 52 is recommended. If you really have issues with it, feel free to adjust, but also lower pass error to compensate.

- Thanks to Aaron and jrn suggestion on this one. Good balance of walk-offs and injuries needing to be subbed out right away.

Injury Severity: 30/30
- No change. Thanks to Aaron and jrn suggestion on this one. Good balance of walk-offs and injuries needing to be subbed out right away. Some longer injuries as well.

GK Ability: 55/55
- No change. The big thing with keepers in this game is that they flail on shot attempts, especially headers. Need the keeper to stay firm and prepare for shots, versus instantly reacting and letting the goal in.

- No change. Normalized value because higher marking of any kind was starting to hurt defensive assignments. Dropped down to 50 and it is much better, closer to a zonal look, and will help bring in the midfield.

- No change. Round and round we go, huh? Previously value was 50, and now we've dropped all the way down to 1. The reason for 1 is the same reason it always ends up being 1, which is too many runs off the ball = hectic. The players will still get up the pitch, and they will still honor the CTT chosen, but it will be more subtle than just letting a CAM have the ball, and 6-7 runs are made in full sprints off the ball.

Height: 55/55
- Significantly improved the resistance in the midfield. Finally this is the patch we've been waiting for to allow a modification in height to create this effect. Lowering length was the initial thought, but turned out to cause more harm than good. With the slightly higher height, it pushes all the lines forward to meet - and result in better shape throughout.

- No change, these are notes from previous set. In hopes to get better shape, we had this previously under 50. While it looked great at 45, the problem was the theme of each match was User Defensive 3rd vs CPU's Defensive 3rd, all that midfield by the center circle became ignored. The reason is for every possession, the other team would drop back, no matter what CTT was used. You can see this by simply testing goal kicks for the CPU. The GK will not kick the ball past the halfway line, because they are preparing for a pass that does not require to reach the other side of the pitch. This is why the comments about frustrating tiki-taka and the lack of variety from CPU would dominate the thread. It's true, because we limited the CPU, and User, on what was possible. Extending the length was one thing, but is another reason marking was used to "control" the length as well, so it is not constantly end to end. There is so much variety here, and another nod to EA for getting CTTs a priority this year.

- Able to adjust this to a good under 50 value so the middle of the pitch isn't 1-3 passes forward each time. Clogs the center a lot more, which means more passes to the side to break down teams. Good variety per CTT's as well.

- Able to adjust this value with the height increase. The value of 0 FB was good pre-patch, but it also resulted in a very rigid defensive line, and a reluctant movement by the FB to overlap unless instructed, or to get into the defensive third to cover. Hot topic this year remains them going for a walk about the pitch, but it's better than it was for sure. There is still that odd occasion though.

FT Control: 55/55
- A bit of a rabbit hole, but this looks to be the final resting place for the FT debacle. There are those that tried the 40 FT, and let me remind you that is a value not intended to address the first touch at all, but more so the behavior of 50/50 getting stuck in to tackles, etc. With that said, the idea behind 55 is pretty straight forward. Slows the game down just slightly, and creates a bit more random play, relative to the pass speed value.

Played a handful of matches in my Southampton CM with these. Seemed pretty good with two exceptions:

After screaming at my players to make obvious runs, I had to bump the run frequency back up. Not sure why in the world it's all the way down at 1, that played quite extreme and stagnant. I would guess the motivation is to make the game a little less frantic, but it felt too extreme. Plus I was finding it was making the CPU too easy to predict.

Other thing is that I wasn't enjoying the speed offset. Not sure why it's necessary to give the CPU a pace advantage and some of the weird stuff it introduced just wasn't flying with me. It's already a challenge this year staying ahead of defenders, so wasn't feeling that slider change. Overall, I tend to not really like offset sliders, at least not the ones that'll fuck with player attributes and individuality like this one does.

One thing I've got to say is man I hate how EA implements the error sliders. With first touch and passing in particular, I want the more difficult passes and touches to have more error, not the fucking easy simple ones. Just moving those to 55 introduces too many instances of error that make little sense. Perfect example was watching David Silva miss a short 10 yard pass like he's some scrub.

Really frustrating because I just want to solve EA's age-old tendency for making the hard stuff in football too easy. Simple shit should still be pretty simple. Sorry, end rant.

Honestly, at end of day default plays decent enough for me this year, so I'll probably not bother with sliders much more. I only have a rare game these days that really piss me off. Every slider set I try seems to introduce negatives that I can't accept, while they almost always make the game easier, which is the opposite of what I want.

Man I desperately wish EA would provide us a deeper slider system. What we have now is just way too simple; it isn't good enough to really change the game for the better.

Here they are Krebstar:

Time: 10-minute halves
Camera: Broadcast - Height 0, Zoom 20
Difficulty: Professional
Assists: Semi (manual where there's no semi)
Defending: Tactical

Sprint: 40/43
Acceleration:51/51
Shot error: 53/53
Pass error: 58/58
Shot speed: 49/49
Pass speed: 45/25
Injury freq: 65/65
Injury sev: 15/15
Goalkeeper: 51/51
Run freq: 50/50
Line height: 55/55
Line length: 50/50
Line width: 49/49
First touch err: 75/75
Power bar(user) 45
How's the crossing (for both) with 75 FTE and pass error?
I'm using 30/15 pass speed so I'm glad someone else also plays with slow pass speed

How's the crossing (for both) with 75 FTE and pass error?
I'm using 30/15 pass speed so I'm glad someone else also plays with slow pass speed
I can't understand how anyone thinks 50 pass speed is okay, let alone higher than that - even @Matt10's sliders had over 50 pass speed the last time I looked and it just looks and feels insane IMO!

I'm with you, Rock - I think mine are low 40s, along with lower sprint speed. Helps the game feel a little more "solid" and a little less "floaty". Really enjoying it (and getting beat) on World Class at the minute.

I can't understand how anyone thinks 50 pass speed is okay, let alone higher than that - even @Matt10's sliders had over 50 pass speed the last time I looked and it just looks and feels insane IMO!

I'm with you, Rock - I think mine are low 40s, along with lower sprint speed. Helps the game feel a little more "solid" and a little less "floaty". Really enjoying it (and getting beat) on World Class at the minute.
Yeah I agree mate,I always play with low pass speed and currently at 40 for sprint.
And it gets the game a bit more clunky,but that's how I like it,one thing if I was a Barca/City/PsG fan,but I'm playing as Villa,I need my games to have crosses hitting the parking lot every now and then,and a slower pace to it.

My favourite slider set was for FIFA 15 where Matt really had a slow slider set,but since FIFA 17 everthing has been more frantic out of the box.
What sprint speed do you use?

Yes!
Love getting beat at times,I had a run of 6 games ending 1-1/0-0 then got hammered by Hull 4-0 yesterday.

Krebstar over at Operation Sports has posted a slider set I've been using for the last few days.

Best set I have used by far, was ready to give up on the game but they have made it playable again.

Sprint: 42/44
Acceleration: 51/52
Shot Error: 67/67
Pass Error: 64/66
Pass Speed: 39/19
Injury Severity: 70/70
GK Ability: 52/52
Marking: 30/45
Run Frequency: 0/0
Line Height: 69/69
Line Length: 20/20
Line Width: 45/45
Fullbacks: 20/20
First Touch Control: 100/95

It's all his work, I moved the full back runs to 20 cause u I thought they were hanging back to much, think he had them at 0.

For Professional and World Class. Think he's tinkering to make them better for World Class at the minute.

It's all his work, I moved the full back runs to 20 cause u I thought they were hanging back to much, think he had them at 0.

For Professional and World Class. Think he's tinkering to make them better for World Class at the minute.
Interesting set.
Nice to see more people with low sprint speed.
But I imagine the crossing must be all over the place with that high pass error/FTE
Interesting though

And that's why I don't really bother with community recommendations for sliders - people have such disparate opinions on the game and what's realistic, etc., not to mention that what most people seem to be doing is less about changes for realism's sake, and more to make the game more suitable for their own ability levels.

For example I see people talk about making the CPU play more realistic in defense, not having in-human levels of aggression and reaction times; meanwhile I'm here trying to make the CPU defense play more "realistic" for me, which means making them actually harder to break down and play against.

It's interesting to see people all over the place with some of the sliders. Pass speed is one. I also see run frequency a big one too. Some of the EA Game Changers that focus on Career Mode this year have talked about needing to bump run frequency higher; meanwhile last I checked the Operation Sports guys have it at 1. Go figure.

It's so subjective and individualized, I gave up long ago participating in group slider efforts. Don't get me wrong - I think they can be great for discussion, and it's nice to get ideas to try something new. But if I mess with sliders, I usually know what to do for my own preferences, style of play, ability levels, etc.

Personally I'm at the point now where I'm thinking that the game is so complex and the sliders so basic, that the tools we're given are just horribly inadequate, making it extremely difficult to "fix" one single thing without causing negative knock-on effects. I mean, for how long have sliders been around now and when's the last time (if ever?) that EA updated or added new sliders? The tools they give us are so few and rudimentary, it's almost laughable that we can "fix" this complex beast of game.

Excellent, excellent, excellent sliders! The best in many years.

Thanks a lot Krebstar for making them and Fernadez for posting them.

And that's why I don't really bother with community recommendations for sliders - people have such disparate opinions on the game and what's realistic, etc., not to mention that what most people seem to be doing is less about changes for realism's sake, and more to make the game more suitable for their own ability levels.

For example I see people talk about making the CPU play more realistic in defense, not having in-human levels of aggression and reaction times; meanwhile I'm here trying to make the CPU defense play more "realistic" for me, which means making them actually harder to break down and play against.

It's interesting to see people all over the place with some of the sliders. Pass speed is one. I also see run frequency a big one too. Some of the EA Game Changers that focus on Career Mode this year have talked about needing to bump run frequency higher; meanwhile last I checked the Operation Sports guys have it at 1. Go figure.

It's so subjective and individualized, I gave up long ago participating in group slider efforts. Don't get me wrong - I think they can be great for discussion, and it's nice to get ideas to try something new. But if I mess with sliders, I usually know what to do for my own preferences, style of play, ability levels, etc.

Personally I'm at the point now where I'm thinking that the game is so complex and the sliders so basic, that the tools we're given are just horribly inadequate, making it extremely difficult to "fix" one single thing without causing negative knock-on effects. I mean, for how long have sliders been around now and when's the last time (if ever?) that EA updated or added new sliders? The tools they give us are so few and rudimentary, it's almost laughable that we can "fix" this complex beast of game.
Yes!
Good points.
And add.
1 playing style
2 team you play as
3 length of games
4 camera angles

If you and me had the exact same setup,we'd problably get completely different experiences playing depending/thanks to those changes.
I find just by playing default cam Vs broadcast/Tele cam the game to be 3 different games.
It's good that a community get stuck in and try,but for me it's always been a guideline though.
But hats off to them

Excellent, excellent, excellent sliders! The best in many years.

Thanks a lot Krebstar for making them and Fernadez for posting them.

Don't forget my ever ever so massive contribution of putting up the full back runs and moving marking....

He's put up a set for World Class, I'll post them shortly.

Gonna try all these except for the pass speed. Far too slow for FUMA. I have mine set to 65 and it represents real football well.

We've got some good feedback on the most recent patch update, and the slider set for our Version 5 Beta 1 was posted. Feel free to check it out here:

FIFA 19 OS Sliders - Set V5B1
Difficulty

Sprint Speed: 40/40
- We've evened this value up to get the best sense of physicality and momentum, but also no need to create that discrepancy so the CPU does not "give up" on plays. This is not needed, however if it will not significantly alter the set has a sprint speed discrepancy.

- No changes here.

Pass Error: 55/58
- A bump in error for the CPU to help their decision making with the ball a little less automatic.

Pass Speed: 50/50
- This patch update has increased the pass speed a bit, which was badly needed. As a result, we can "normalize" the value back to 50.

Injury Severity: 35/35
- Bumped this slightly to allow a bit more walk-offs and significant injuries.

GK Ability: 60/60
- Found that the keepers were still wailing too easily and completely missing the ball at times. Bumped this value up to compensate.

Height: 65/65
- Another bump to height here from 55 to 65. This allows the defensive mindset to go "forward" and not sit back when the opposition is in a threatening position. The shape will still drop back per the CTT, but it will not result in a direct drawback animation that was seen on lower values.

Length: 45/45
- The hope was this could remain the same, but unfortunately the game is just very wide open at default 50 now. The players are pushed out of position and it makes it easier to send passes to forwards that sit in the safe gap of the midfielder and defender. Dropping this value down has now brought in more build up to be necessary and more congestion in the midfield.

Width: 52/52
- The adjustment to height and length means that width also has to go. Too low and the center midfielders run over eachother which can expose the spaces left open.

- No changes. Able to adjust this value with the height increase. The value of 0 FB was good pre-patch, but it also resulted in a very rigid defensive line, and a reluctant movement by the FB to overlap unless instructed, or to get into the defensive third to cover. Hot topic this year remains them going for a walk about the pitch, but it's better than it was for sure. There is still that odd occasion though.

FT Control: 60/60
- I've said it before, but this patch update is a fantastic one for the active first touch control. It brings in such a sense of random occurrences that were not previously in the game. A 50/50 ball truly feels like one now that anyone can win.​

Back
Top Bottom