FIFA 19 Slider Thread

Very understandable—when I played around with manual earlier this year I also had to massively raise the power bar to account for the low pass speed.

Glad you're enjoying!

Actually moved it right up to 68 now. That seems to be the most balanced.

As promised here's my out there sliders Certainly not for everyone
Level :Legendry
Speed fast
8 mins
SEMI shoot, cross and pass others manual
User left /AI right
Sprint 52/50
Accel 49/49
Shot err 56/48
Pass error 38/65
Shot speed 53/53
Pass speed 58/58
Goalkeeper 52/52
Marking 50/65
Run F 50/8
Height 50/51
Length 35/100
Width 50/100
FB 40/45
TOUCH 85/85
POWERBAR 55

for me these have made me switch from pes.. Last game AI got 3 booking which was nice

Last edited:
Finally decided work on the sliders for my own preferences. I just couldn't enjoy the game default or on others. I imagine there will be people who won't enjoy these as we are all different but I thought too in case there are those still looking for something else. I am really enjoying my career with Shef Wednesday now. Which is a relief because it has been a chore for a while.

I decided that whatever value I changed regarding sprint, the pass speed and acc needed to be the same as they appear to be a necessary whole for syncing the animation and feel of the game together. Also didn't want to put too much error on, as the error for error's sake became frustrating. Only the changes are posted.

Speed - Default
Sprint 45/45
Acc - 45/45
Pass - 45/45
Keeper 60/60
Marking 55/55
run Freq 40/40
width 60/60

Still not many fouls and debatable whether it is too easy but I found the game felt more structured. less chaotic and I wasn't getting the strange sporadic animation of players not matching up with the ball speed etc and trying. Probably more incremental changes will happen.

Thanks

My current sliders - designed to slow the game down to a realistic pace (based around the Premier League).

I've been tweaking certain figures up and down by literally 1 and seeing big differences (particularly player acceleration, which I try to keep at 50 so that stamina issues can build up through busy weeks) - it may seem very slow but believe me, as soon as you start putting numbers up, you start seeing silly-speed passes (more often, at least).

Also, I've abandoned semi-passing and gone to fully assisted, because your own players' interaction with any loose ball is really bad this year.

HALF LENGTH: 6-7 mins
DIFFICULTY: Legendary
SPEED: Slow
CAMERA: Co-op
CONTROLS: Any, but with assisted passing

Set A
(see my post further down the page for revisions)

SPRINT: 39/39
ACCEL: 50/50
SHOT ERR: 54/54
PASS ERR: 53/53
SHOT SPEED: 39/39
PASS SPEED: 26/14
INJ FREQ: 66/66
INJ SEV: 51/51
GK ABILITY: 50/50
MARKING: 50/50
RUN FREQ: 0/0
LINE HEIGHT: 55/55
LINE LENGTH: 35/35
LINE WIDTH: 46/46
FB POS: 20/20
POWER BAR (USER): 55
FIRST TOUCH: 65/65

Videos:

Match Highlights

AI Attacking Behaviour

Last edited:
My current sliders - designed to slow the game down to a realistic pace (based around the Premier League).

I've been tweaking certain figures up and down by literally 1 and seeing big differences (particularly player acceleration, which I try to keep at 50 so that stamina issues can build up through busy weeks) - it may seem very slow but believe me, as soon as you start putting numbers up, you start seeing silly-speed passes (more often, at least).

Also, I've abandoned semi-passing and gone to fully assisted, because your own players' interaction with any loose ball is really bad this year.

SPRINT: 39/39
ACCEL: 50/50
SHOT ERR: 54/54
PASS ERR: 53/53
SHOT SPEED: 39/39
PASS SPEED: 26/14
INJ FREQ: 66/66
INJ SEV: 51/51
GK ABILITY: 50/50
MARKING: 50/50
RUN FREQ: 0/0
LINE HEIGHT: 55/55
LINE LENGTH: 35/35
LINE WIDTH: 46/46
FB POS: 20/20
POWER BAR (USER): 55
FIRST TOUCH: 65/65

VIDEOS:

Match Highlights

AI Attacking Behaviour

Nice to see that low pass speed,not that far off from my set.
I think I'm at 35/50 sprint/acceleration (bit to sluggish for me now) guess 39-45 ish will keep it quite good.
Always tricky setting sprint/acc/pass speed for everyone since camera angles screw a bit with it.
I'm gonna tweak mine slowly,but I think keeping a slower pass speed still is key here.
Looks good Chris

Hey lads, what I'm curious about: do sliders have an effect on simulated ai games as well?
I currently use the actual community sliders from the OS forum, and I notice that my players don't recover between two games as quick as on default sliders. So some of my players don't start with full stamina bar into the next game. But till now I haven't noticed anything similar with the ai players of my opponent. So I wonder if the sliders just work on the actual team you play against and not on the other simulated games on the matchday.

Hey lads, what I'm curious about: do sliders have an effect on simulated ai games as well?
I currently use the actual community sliders from the OS forum, and I notice that my players don't recover between two games as quick as on default sliders. So some of my players don't start with full stamina bar into the next game. But till now I haven't noticed anything similar with the ai players of my opponent. So I wonder if the sliders just work on the actual team you play against and not on the other simulated games on the matchday.
Great question. I've wondered this myself but I think AI has its own stamina rules.

I think the AI and simmed games are very random and very weird!
Just look at top teams/players and their stats after a season.

They win the league on very low points,I've seen Man City finish very low and benching their top players for instance.

I wish they'd sorted that out,also it needs proper simming,minute by minute with a chance to make adjustments.

I think the AI and simmed games are very random and very weird!
Just look at top teams/players and their stats after a season.

They win the league on very low points,I've seen Man City finish very low and benching their top players for instance.

I wish they'd sorted that out,also it needs proper simming,minute by minute with a chance to make adjustments.
Yeah, I've got a huge problem with this too. In my current career, Liverpool are 16th...

But, I've found out why. It seems like the results aren't random and that matches are properly simulated, but that managers do really stupid things.

The reason I figured this out is that when I played Liverpool, they had Salah and Firmino on the bench, and were playing Brewster up-front on his own (who's about 12 years old), alongside Marković on the wing (who is awful) and a whole line of reserve defenders, and on top of that they'd bought some absolute donkeys for their level (Ismaily from Shaktar Donetsk for example).

Oh my God, I've just remembered you can see any team's stats. I was wondering if they had some injured players. Turns out, they don't. But guess how many games Salah has played all season?

QALx7bl.jpg

Twice, and scored once. WHAT THE FUCK? What's the logic here?

Yeah, I've got a huge problem with this too. In my current career, Liverpool are 16th...

But, I've found out why. It seems like the results aren't random and that matches are properly simulated, but that managers do really stupid things.

The reason I figured this out is that when I played Liverpool, they had Salah and Firmino on the bench, and were playing Brewster up-front on his own (who's about 12 years old), alongside Marković on the wing (who is awful) and a whole line of reserve defenders, and on top of that they'd bought some absolute donkeys for their level (Ismaily from Shaktar Donetsk for example).

Oh my God, I've just remembered you can see any team's stats. I was wondering if they had some injured players. Turns out, they don't. But guess how many games Salah has played all season?

QALx7bl.jpg

This is definetely something they should hear about. Its an obvious issue.

QALx7bl.jpg

Very weird Chris.
But I'm not that surprised that it could be the "virtual coach" screwing it up,never thought of it,I'm quite sure that's were it is now that you've mentioned it

Every one who has played a player career knows exactly how strange the virtual coach behaves.
I have had fellow team mates in my squad when playing it ,and some haven't played at all.
Example.
On Fifa 18 i played a career in Sunderland then Borussia Mönchengladbach.
In gladbach i had a AMF with a 75 ovr,but since they played a flat 4-4-2,the coach never played him in two seasons.
He played a crappy 65 ovr CM instead.
And what made things even worse,the virtual manager bought one more AMF that he never played.

So I'm sure that's were the issue is Chris.
They need to program that better, and more importantly (for me) they need to sack more managers,new managers needs to change systems etc.
Weird as hell.

Think it's been reported a lot.
I remember it being an issue on Fifa 17,not as much as now,but then it got even worse on Fifa 18.
But it never hurts to keep mentioning it

Think it's been reported a lot.
Yeah, it's mentioned by the career mode guys every year and it never changes. I knew it was bad but in all honesty this year is probably the worst that I've seen it...

EDIT 1: Here you go, this is from September...

In the same thread, someone suggests using a second controller to alter the opponent's lineup pre-match if it's really bad. Trouble is, you can't see the opponent's line-up pre-match (one of my biggest pet hates with FIFA). So you'd basically have to check every single game...

They need to program that better, and more importantly (for me) they need to sack more managers,new managers needs to change systems etc.
I'm 90% sure that manager movement doesn't exist in FIFA now that they have licensed 3D managers at certain clubs. Could be wrong but I've not seen any changes.

(Thinking about it, I don't know what happens when you move clubs - does their old manager come back? Nor do I know what happens when promoted teams with no managers appear in the league...)

PES has manager movement, but A) in PES 2017 or 2018 I saw one manager change in three years in the Premier League, which is ridiculous, and B) PES managers don't have their own systems (they do in myClub but not offline, how stupid is that).

EDIT 2: Also, as far as I'm aware, the old bug still exists where - if you swap clubs (or are sacked and start a new job) before the end of a season, when taking charge of the new club, you are given a full list of board objectives as if you've just started a full season - some of which aren't possible because there are few (if any) matches left - and so you're sacked a week later...

Last edited:
n the same thread, someone suggests using a second controller to alter the opponent's lineup pre-match if it's really bad. Trouble is, you can't see the opponent's line-up pre-match (one of my biggest pet hates with FIFA). So you'd basically have to check every single game...

You should be able to have control over more in this game.
If the CPU are complete bollocks then I'd want to over run their stupid decisions.

Not really being able to compare with 2K,yet I want to!
Here's what/how I play myleague.
I control every team in that mode (more a formality but I'm able to switch to any team I want whenever I want to)
Which means I can set up tactics for the team I'm currently in control of/playing as.
And I'm able to override a stupid trade from team A to Team B.
I get a notification when trades are going down.

Might be a hefty task,but let's say I'm in control of The Premier League with 20 teams,I could say no to stupid transfers and actually set up a lineup for each team before the season starts.
In 2k i set up my starters and My bench (how many min they play) and it works perfectly.
That's what I want in Fifa/Pes.
Being able to setup a starting lineup and bench,with 5-6 more players in a ranking system in case bench/starters gets injured!

Sets I'm experimenting with... (Set A is further up this page.)

Set B is generally slower, but with pass speed increased over A (which felt too heavy at times) and I was really happy with it until I started to feel like passing was still too slow and the main reason why most moves would break down. Also, AI first touches were WILD with poorer teams. However, it felt "complete".

Set C is based on trying to increase pass speed for human and AI to allow a passing game that isn't possible otherwise, due to constant slow-pass interceptions. I'm still experimenting with this one.

I prefer Set C so far - but one side-effect is difficulty decrease. On Set B I was getting destroyed by Man City, 3-0 minimum. On Set C they still win, but usually only by one goal (though I have marginally better players).

All use the following settings:

Set B
Sprint 35/35
Accel 50/50
Shot Error 50/54
Pass Error 53/60
Shot Speed 47/44
Pass Speed 33/21
Inj Freq 71/71
Inj Sev 51/51
GK Ability 50/50
Marking 48/48
Run Freq 10/10
Line Height 48/48
Line Length 38/38
Line Width 45/45
FB Pos 1/1
First Touch 58/70

Set C
Sprint 52/52
Accel 50/49
Shot Error 50/56 (because semi-shooting)
Pass Error 55/55
Shot Speed 50/45
Pass Speed 33/26
Inj Freq 71/71
Inj Sev 51/51
GK Ability 51/51
Marking 51/51
Run Freq 0/0
Line Height 58/58
Line Length 50/50
Line Width 50/50
FB Pos 30/30
First Touch 55/58

Last edited:
Sets I'm experimenting with... (Set A is further up this page.)

Set B is generally slower, but with pass speed increased over A (which felt too heavy at times) and I was really happy with it until I started to feel like passing was still too slow and the main reason why most moves would break down. Also, AI first touches were WILD with poorer teams. However, it felt "complete".

Set C is based on trying to increase pass speed for human and AI to allow a passing game that isn't possible otherwise, due to constant slow-pass interceptions. I'm still experimenting with this one.

I prefer Set C so far - but one side-effect is difficulty decrease. On Set B I was getting destroyed by Man City, 3-0 minimum. On Set C they still win, but usually only by one goal (though I have marginally better players).

All use the following settings:

Set B
Sprint 35/35
Accel 50/50
Shot Error 50/54
Pass Error 53/60
Shot Speed 47/44
Pass Speed 33/21
Inj Freq 71/71
Inj Sev 51/51
GK Ability 50/50
Marking 48/48
Run Freq 10/10
Line Height 48/48
Line Length 38/38
Line Width 45/45
FB Pos 1/1
First Touch 58/70

Set C
Sprint 52/52
Accel 50/49
Shot Error 50/56 (because semi-shooting)
Pass Error 55/55
Shot Speed 50/45
Pass Speed 33/26
Inj Freq 71/71
Inj Sev 51/51
GK Ability 51/51
Marking 51/51
Run Freq 0/0
Line Height 58/58
Line Length 50/50
Line Width 50/50
FB Pos 30/30
First Touch 55/58
This is great thanks Chris.

I’ve gone with Set B. I just need to think of a team to use now. I always use Aston Villa and fancy a change. I want a team with official stadium so might choose Premier League side.

I was playing with a mutation of Matt and Krebstar sliders. Lower shot error (60/65), first touch error at 72/75 and few other tiny tweaks here and there.
Tweaks were due to my half length (10mins) and the fact that im playing in lower division with weak players.
(Playing on Ultimate, semi shots, assisted passing)

In general flow of the match felt grand.
Shots were varied and nicely balanced, results were realistic, passing felt ok.

What I could not bare was how hectic players were. Their initial movements, turns, tackles, they seemed like they got adrenaline shock to the heart.
So I lowered Acceleration down to 45/45. I know it affects stamina and all the sliders ive seen all had it at 50.

But the difference in the whole gameplay is unreal. Much more build up from AI, much more realistic tempo, defending that doesnt feel like im trying to catch a fly, even more physicality since AI is not as fast in throwing their perfect tackles around. I can finally defend, I can dribble, i see mid pitch battles.

I already made my peace with lack of fouls, i can live with less realistic stamina, if overall gameplay feels so good.

I realise most people wont sacrifice realistic stamina depletion, but for those who cant bare how twitchy players are - I recommend trying this.

No, none at all.
There's a very specific file (or group of settings) for simulated matches.
In PC we can tweak it to make it more realistic, or lower the amount of injuries/yellow card/red card, etc.

Meant to post this, but honestly didn't realize how long it's taken me. These were published in February, and we've been going with them ever since. Some have modified to their own personal preferences, and I encourage you to do the same if you would like:

FIFA 19 OS Sliders - Set V9B1
Difficulty
: Pro, World Class, Legendary, Ultimate
Time: 6-15 minute halves
Speed: Slow or Normal
Controls: Any
Sprint Speed: 35/35
- No changes. Good value where there is still enough speed, but animations are much more controlled. Also good physicality is recognized.

Acceleration: 50/50
- No changes here.

Shot Error: 58/60
- No changes. Slight increase in shot error allows much more of a less on rails approach to shooting. Seen some contextual animations of the players' body angles and positioning. Still plenty of wonder goals are a possibility. Adjust as you see fit.

Pass Error: 52/56
- No changes. A good suggestion to increase pass error here as it helps the AI logic in their passing. We know a higher pass error will make this happen, but there is always a chance of it affecting some basic play. Thankfully, this adjustment finds a good balance overall.

Shot Speed: 49/49
- No changes. We raised this value to get the shots in sync. Before at 47, the keeper was starting to save shots before they even reached him. Made for some strange animations and goals conceded. Considering how high we have shot error, there needs to be some power in shots - even if wild - because the chances of powerful wild shots happening IRL are higher than constant soft shots.

Pass Speed: 45/45
- No changes. The patch update increased pass speed just a bit than before, so lowering it makes sense. Cannot go too low because it will feel lethargic throughout the pitch, and the only fix is significantly lowering the pass error to compensate.

Injury Frequency: 65/65
- No changes. Lowered this value back what we have used in the past. Always open to testing.

Injury Severity: 15/15
- No changes. Lowered this value back what we have used in the past. Always open to testing.

GK Ability: 50/50 (from 49/49)
- This patch update resynced the keeper animation to react in-time, and was no longer early or late. When the value is lowered, we get a late response, and when raised, it is an early response, to the shot speed. Wanting to keep the good physics of 49, we want to reduce the flailing about by defaulting back to 50.

Marking: 50/50 (from 55/55)
- Dropped this value a bit to help with the over-marking and losing shape that seemed to have occurred a lot. Adjusting height and width will also further support this change, not to mention the CTTs being able to take over when needed.

Run Frequency: 0/0
- No changes. We have tend to keep this at a singular value to avoid any disruption in code that 0 seems to cause at times (0 usually means to cancel something out), but in testing, this does make runs a bit smarter and paired up with the pass values, there is less directness in passing by the CPU.

⦿ The Height, Length and Width (HLW) values are significant this year with the CTT's. We are still treading quite carefully here on veering too far away from default unless absolutely necessary.

Height: 50/50 (from 65/65)
- Had to adjust this one quite a bit to get things less cramped between the defensive line and midfield. Started to see the outside midfielders tuck too narrow, thus giving up width and made it quite easy to switch the field.

Length: 34/35
- This was the subtle change. Basically I had seen that the CPU was instantly trying to exploit the USER constantly. It was direct driven passes to the forwards ala FIFA 17, and was getting tiresome. This was due to the fact that the USER's midfielders were too tight, regardless of marking, and being nudged out of position due to momentum alone. With this value discrepancy it creates the impact of the USER's midfield being in front of the ball.

Width: 55/55 (from 49/49)
- Again, it gets a bit narrow, even with the adjustment to height and the marking. The width allows proper overlaps by the fullbacks as well.

FB Positioning: 35/35
- No changes. Lowered the FB position because height is higher, and length is lower, so it's naturally compressed and the FB is involved by default. Can't go too high or they will be caught upfield and it will be an attempt at exploits each attack.

FT Control: 70/71
- Raised this value as the higher FT brings in a sense of making the ball more alive. We have pass speed fairly low already, so every trap is perfectly cushioned at lower FT values. Makes for a bit of a "soft" game versus any kind of human element that the matches should require. Makes a good difference in creating a lot of random occurrences like footy tends to do. The discrepancy here is to address the CPU's ability to tackle perfectly foot-to-ball and hopefully the discrepancy helps more silly fouls to happen. This is not proven and simply something I would like us to look at.

There's my set.

My settings are:
10mins half, Ultimate difficulty, semi shots and crosses, assisted passing, tactical defending.

Nothing fancy, like I said - its all Matt & Krebstar hard work, with few little tweaks from my side.

Biggest impact to me was lowering acceleration. It made everything slower, more realistic and much less twitchy.
Defending is more rewarding and more effective.
Unfortunately stamina doesnt deplete the way it should be, but I just have to live with it.. to balance it a bit I raised Injury Frequency so I have players injured quite often (not for long, as severity is at 20)

There are gaps between user and COM but on Ultimate difficulty it balances itself out nicely. AI is not clinical and more human.
Its not perfect by any means, but to me its most enjoyable football experience at the moment (next to Pes17)

Sprint: 35/35

Acceleration: 45/45

Shot Error: 61/66

Pass Error: 58/63

Shot Speed: 49/49

Pass Speed: 35/25

Injury Frequency: 80/80

Injury Severity: 20/20

GK ability: 51/51

Marking: 50/50

Run frequency: 0/0

Line height: 50/50