FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

Oh well, I'll also try without Paul's mod even if I'm quite sure it was already happening before I installed it.
I mean, people were complaining about that back in september/october on the official forums, so it must have something to do with the game itself.

Honestly, I kinda get what they tried to achieve: they wanted the player to be "skilled enough" to manually select the right player at the right time, almost constantly switching between the defenders to make sure they're in the right place at the right time... But I don't think it's working.

I would be happy with a system in which the CPU-controlled defenders of mine would track their men but refuse to do anything else (no challenges/tackles, not going up for headers, no clearances) until I switched to them and told them what to do, but having to switch between defenders to make sure they follow their man is frustrating, not fun.

Oh well, I'll also try without Paul's mod even if I'm quite sure it was already happening before I installed it.
I mean, people were complaining about that back in september/october on the official forums, so it must have something to do with the game itself.

Honestly, I kinda get what they tried to achieve: they wanted the player to be "skilled enough" to manually select the right player at the right time, almost constantly switching between the defenders to make sure they're in the right place at the right time... But I don't think it's working.

I would be happy with a system in which the CPU-controlled defenders of mine would track their men but refuse to do anything else (no challenges/tackles, not going up for headers, no clearances) until I switched to them and told them what to do, but having to switch between defenders to make sure they follow their man is frustrating, not fun.

Amen to that!

This is what makes me angry about this game:

I mean, defenders have been dumbed down considerably (maybe because now the so-called pros would finally stop selecting a midfielder and then letting the CPU-controlled players defend on their behalf?) and this is the result.

Full backs just staring at you while you walk by them (glad Paul's gameplay patch and the OS Community sliders have fixed that) and centre backs constantly refusing to track their man (it gets better with Paul's gameplay and with the OS Community Sliders, but it still happens as you can see).
The defender's behaviour in this case is just straight wrong in my eyes. He doesn't even try to track his man, he doesn't even CARE!
And this has happened like three times in three consecutive matches to me now.

Is this a problem of setting up the right team instructions (like... Man marking?) or is the CPU really this dumb regardless of what they're supposed to do per the team sheet?
I haven't played much 19 (not much at all actually) but I seem to remember defenders were smarter back then.

By the way, this is a career played on "professional" so this is probably the reason I had time to recover with the other man, but... Had it been on World Class or Legendary I would've been punished big time I guess.

So, there's a couple things in 20 that have hurt the game in these kind of isolated incidents. First off, one of the big features this year was more 1v1 situations. Instantly, that means we're back to FIFA 15 type of defending mechanics. This is a reason marking is so high though because I actually want players to latch onto other attackers/midfielders, etc. Secondly, the central midfielders do not track back deep into the box, unless a really high marking is in place to keep them glued to who they're tracking. Lastly, the central midfielders are set up, by default, to cover the wing. This means the fullbacks are much slower to respond because the threshold in which the midfielder stops tracking their man to when the fullback needs to engage. Pair that up with another issue in the defensive jockey animation , and now you've got a myriad of issues.

That's why the OS sliders focused a lot on positioning, marking and sprint/acceleration discrepancies. We know it's a good effort, but by no means will it ever 100% remove these incidents.

I also 100% agree with you regarding the dumbing down. I tried to fight the good fight during the 20 pre-patch beta, and implored the devs to keep that gameplay as it was AMAZING, but they ignored it - and the feedback from pro, FUT and quick-twitch 1v1 players dominated in the end. I received a whole host of XP pts, but it wasn't enough no matter how hard I provided them video and detailed feedback.

I like Sam Rivera's approach overall, but the $$ is in the onlline market and that's where his vision of gameplay is sacrificed consistently. The perception of playing FIFA is no longer about playing the sport of football/soccer. It's about playing FIFA, which is now its own sport alltogether that involves gambling, online instant arcade rewards and shortcuts. The same audience that the game caters to, they spit in the face of the developers and EA as a whole instead - then complain on their stupid reddits and tweets filled with apathy and complete lack of understanding that they are the reason the game comes out the way it does.

That's why the OS sliders focused a lot on positioning, marking and sprint/acceleration discrepancies. We know it's a good effort, but by no means will it ever 100% remove these incidents.
Yet the sliders remove most of them, this has to be said.

I tried a couple of matches keeping the sliders and deactivating Paul's mod from FMM and, well, the issues are almost gone. Props to @papinho81 for pointing it out. :)

I mean, there's still the odd situation in which the defenders (both mine and the opposing ones) "forget" about their man (look at the goal I scored below, with a defender suddenly forgetting about Taggart and going his own way like Taggart isn't even there), but as you can see marking is tighter and defenders react better. At least their defenders tracked my players back properly instead of letting them go without doing a thing:

So, for me it is...
  • Default EA game: awareness problem is (obviously) there.
  • OS COmmunity Sliders + Paul's mod: partially fixed.
  • Paul's mod only (no sliders): partially fixed, probably better than with the "mod + sliders" combo.
  • OS Community Sliders only: mostly fixed, defenders usually track their man pretty well, there's still the case in which a defender forgets about the attacker for some reason but it's not as frustrating as in the other scenarios.
    In terms of "defending awareness", this is the best result that can be achieved.
About the beta, unfortunately I haven't tried it, but I read on several places that it was great and your experience just confirms that.
Unfortunately, as you said (gotta agree with you there), EA listened to the "million-wiews, hard-spending, skill-gap-advocate" streamers and decided to completely discard the feedback of people like you (streaming a reality-oriented game) or like me (just looking for a game that, well, resembled football).

I tried the op sports v 3 sliders but then tweaked them slightly as there just wasn't enough movement and 3 games zero fouls , I think I've found I set I enjoy as a change to Pes but also noticed having the control settings set to ball relative for switching and a big one for me locking the player early instead of late, the last one made it feel slot more responsive for me

I tried the op sports v 3 sliders but then tweaked them slightly as there just wasn't enough movement and 3 games zero fouls , I think I've found I set I enjoy as a change to Pes but also noticed having the control settings set to ball relative for switching and a big one for me locking the player early instead of late, the last one made it feel slot more responsive for me
Which half length are you using?
I found matches being too "short" to do anything while using 6 min. halves (Pro difficulty) even with the "shorter halves" modifiers.
Now, playing 10 minute halves using the V3 sliders with "Pro" modifiers, I'm averaging three/four free kicks for and three/four against per match (usually I give away one or two more than the ones I get to be honest).
Shots are usually around 10 on either side, shots on target vary a little more (usually in favour of the CPU).
Results are usually low (0-0, 1-0, 1-1, a couple of 2-goal-margin wins and losses) but I think it's about right.
Not a fan of the 6-5, 5-3, 7-4 scorelines that you often see when you watch someone playing online.

Last edited:
Thank you mate. Just wanted to get that SS trophy and now I'll be back on TP as I enjoy that more, and not getting frustrated 😤😂...

Saying that, I'm tempted to go with Legend difficulty just one game, to see how hard that is🤔
Which half length are you using?
I found matches being too "short" to do anything while using 6 min. halves (Pro difficulty) even with the "shorter halves" modifiers.
Now, playing 10 minute halves using the V3 sliders with "Pro" modifiers, I'm averaging three/four free kicks for and three/four against per match (usually I give away one or two more than the ones I get to be honest).
Shots are usually around 10 on either side, shots on target vary a little more (usually in favour of the CPU).
Results are usually low (0-0, 1-0, 1-1, a couple of 2-goal-margin wins and losses) but I think it's about right.
Not a fan of the 6-5, 5-3, 7-4 scorelines that you often see when you watch someone playing online.
8 min Half's, 10s a bit too long for my available time at the moment. With all the cut scenes and sorting out its around 25 mins and I get an hour a day if I'm lucky. I found the the run frequency and length were a bit too low for my personal taste firminho was stood still half the time and AI didn't press enough. Also I find having discrepancies with AI user speed and sprint has some bad consequences. Pass speed also too high and that's the best thing to slow the game down...this is all in my opinion and personal taste not having a pop. Edit ..the zero fouls I think is down to the high first touch, at 70 ish you don't have full control of the ball so AI just nicks it off you , dropped it to 49 for user and two fouls in 2 mins

Last edited:
"An error has occurred and you are no longer synced to the online match"

Has anyone had this error, all of a sudden FIFA is booting me out of playing any game online.

"An error has occurred and you are no longer synced to the online match"

Has anyone had this error, all of a sudden FIFA is booting me out of playing any game online.
Are you trying to play online with mods? That's a no-go.

FIFA 20 OS Sliders - 3 set special is premiering now:

Matt that camera angle is to die for.

This game has taken hold of me. I've only played 4 more matches since we last 'spoke' and they've blown me away.
If this had better animations and weight and a tiny bit more variety in teammate AI it would be one of the best games of football since pes 3 and 5 days, and better in absolute terms.

The freedom to move between the press, to take players out through working against opposition press momentum, in the way you see defensive pivots do all the time, the fact there is no rubber banding all means the pitch feels free. If you open space, you get to keep that space, no magic warping of players back to.close game up.again.
I personally love the roll of ground passes. Playing as Barca vs city away and having them swarm me to the extent I have no way out and the crowd roaring is an emotional feeling I havent had since pes 5. And then, being brave enough to take the ball as de Jong in the right back position from pique, facing my own goal, with two players on my back, and then with the outside of my right foot play a pass towards the centre circle, taking out two lines of Barca press in the process, knowing that with genuine pass error it could all go wrong, is a moment few games of any type can match.

And since when did fifa have teammate AI this good?
On professional, the cpu attack patterns also just look brilliant 90% of the time, which is good going.

I'm surprised the fifa community is so cold on this game, I really am.

The way your.sliders compress play is a pes fans dream. Thank you.

this is all in my opinion and personal taste not having a pop.
Don't worry man, we're here to share our opinions and, since FIFA 20 hasn't really totally "clicked" for me yet, I'm happy to hear what other people say.
I also have limited time to play (between the job, family duties and the wife also using TV I get a hour a day more or less, too, maybe something more in the weekend now that we can't leave our home) so it's good to see I'm not the only one!

And after all, it's definitely nice to discuss the offline side of the game without feeling old, without being told "you're too poor to play FUT, that's why you play career" or even "stop complaining, the defence is soooooo peeeeeerfect this year because it finally needs the SKILL GAAAAAAAAP!!! Git gud or get rekt!!!1!111!1!!" like many of the so-called (and usually self-appointed) "FIFA pros" would say.

Don't worry man, we're here to share our opinions and, since FIFA 20 hasn't really totally "clicked" for me yet, I'm happy to hear what other people say.
I also have limited time to play (between the job, family duties and the wife also using TV I get a hour a day more or less, too, maybe something more in the weekend now that we can't leave our home) so it's good to see I'm not the only one!

And after all, it's definitely nice to discuss the offline side of the game without feeling old, without being told "you're too poor to play FUT, that's why you play career" or even "stop complaining, the defence is soooooo peeeeeerfect this year because it finally needs the SKILL GAAAAAAAAP!!! Git gud or get rekt!!!1!111!1!!" like many of the so-called (and usually self-appointed) "FIFA pros" would say.
Cheers mate, i actually enjoy some games i dont think they are as exciting as PES but there is a lot of random moments and ive had a couple of pens and freekicks but no more than 3 per game - the advantage rule is still rubbish on this though - example i got fouled on half way line, the player kicked it 5 yard forward hit the AI - clearly no advantage and then they break and almost score

One thing for me that i think i have solved was the awful bobble on the ball when passing or some wierd ball physics when clearing - ive slowed the pass rate right down to 32 but upped my power bar setting to 63 - seems to have gone but still zip in the pass

I'm also convinced that the pass speed affects the weight of the game too - it feels less floaty with low pass speed

Last edited:
Cheers mate, i actually enjoy some games i dont think they are as exciting as PES but there is a lot of random moments and ive had a couple of pens and freekicks but no more than 3 per game - the advantage rule is still rubbish on this though - example i got fouled on half way line, the player kicked it 5 yard forward hit the AI - clearly no advantage and then they break and almost score

One thing for me that i think i have solved was the awful bobble on the ball when passing or some wierd ball physics when clearing - ive slowed the pass rate right down to 32 but upped my power bar setting to 63 - seems to have gone but still zip in the pass

I'm also convinced that the pass speed affects the weight of the game too - it feels less floaty with low pass speed

Similar to last year if you lower pass speed, it lowers the speed in animations. It is good to see that FIFA is synced up to the passing speed value.

The issue we had with lower pass speed is the feeling of the ball being under-hit constantly. The receiving player has to move towards the ball because the roll of the ball is about to slow down 5 yards before reaching.

This game has taken hold of me. I've only played 4 more matches since we last 'spoke' and they've blown me away.
If this had better animations and weight and a tiny bit more variety in teammate AI it would be one of the best games of football since pes 3 and 5 days, and better in absolute terms.

The freedom to move between the press, to take players out through working against opposition press momentum, in the way you see defensive pivots do all the time, the fact there is no rubber banding all means the pitch feels free. If you open space, you get to keep that space, no magic warping of players back to.close game up.again.
I personally love the roll of ground passes. Playing as Barca vs city away and having them swarm me to the extent I have no way out and the crowd roaring is an emotional feeling I havent had since pes 5. And then, being brave enough to take the ball as de Jong in the right back position from pique, facing my own goal, with two players on my back, and then with the outside of my right foot play a pass towards the centre circle, taking out two lines of Barca press in the process, knowing that with genuine pass error it could all go wrong, is a moment few games of any type can match.

On professional, the cpu attack patterns also just look brilliant 90% of the time, which is good going.

I've had the same experience in the past week. I finally ventured to the other side and gave FIFA a try. These sliders are exceptional - the most fun I've had playing a football game in so, so long. They really give you that midfield battle and variety that I've been searching for in PES for the past couple of years and haven't been able to get. I've tried everything on PES, gameplay mods, tactical adjustments - sometimes I think I have it playing well but then it usually only lasts a couple of games and I feel it becomes stale again and not engaging.

The team ID and use of tactics on this years FIFA work really well too which surprised me. My previous experiences with FIFA the tactics were almost non-existent. I'm loving the resistance all over the pitch and having to think about my passing and chance creation. The ball physics have improved also. I used to feel like playing FIFA I was always just fighting the mechanics of the game and I couldn't think about playing the actual sport, this has completely changed now. Amazing work on these @Matt10.

can you get that view on PS4 or you can only get that on pc with mods? [fifa 20 ps4 bought this week]

I've had the same experience in the past week. I finally ventured to the other side and gave FIFA a try. These sliders are exceptional - the most fun I've had playing a football game in so, so long. They really give you that midfield battle and variety that I've been searching for in PES for the past couple of years and haven't been able to get. I've tried everything on PES, gameplay mods, tactical adjustments - sometimes I think I have it playing well but then it usually only lasts a couple of games and I feel it becomes stale again and not engaging.

The team ID and use of tactics on this years FIFA work really well too which surprised me. My previous experiences with FIFA the tactics were almost non-existent. I'm loving the resistance all over the pitch and having to think about my passing and chance creation. The ball physics have improved also. I used to feel like playing FIFA I was always just fighting the mechanics of the game and I couldn't think about playing the actual sport, this has completely changed now. Amazing work on these @Matt10.

Agreed in every respect! I feel like I've stumbled on something special with so much depth and control options...

can you get that view on PS4 or you can only get that on pc with mods? [fifa 20 ps4 bought this week]

Its mods.
On ps4 broadcast cam is set at different angles in different stadiums but the cam itself isnt that adjustable.

I think Wolfsburg stadium is the highest it's set as default from the few stadiums I've tried.

Similar to last year if you lower pass speed, it lowers the speed in animations. It is good to see that FIFA is synced up to the passing speed value.

The issue we had with lower pass speed is the feeling of the ball being under-hit constantly. The receiving player has to move towards the ball because the roll of the ball is about to slow down 5 yards before reaching.
Yep, this is why i have the power bar on 63 for manual controls so you can still zip the pass without them running around like 22 feathers - shot speed also reduced - no matter what i use though im struggling getting any satisfaction close to scoring a late winner in PES

EA's E3 replacement will take place June 11th.... Seems they show off new titles including FIFA. I just hope it takes a leap forward with the new consoles so it can ooze over to the PC

reading good things about FIFA recently and then the current discount lead me to buy the game.

and then.... BAM!.... a new update comes out and you're back to wondering whether you bought a great game or not.

I stopped the update for now but even if I try I know I'm going to fail sooner or later.

A tiresome distraction when all I wanted to do was play the game I bought.

The update didn't affect anything. Have to give EA kudos for several patches/updates recently with no issues to gameplay.

@Matt10 Hey Matt, tried some Libertadores games with your sliders, felt really lovely, I appreciate a lot what you achieved here, matches looks way more "plausible" and well fought compared with the last time I touched this. It's a shame that you can't count on EA's stability (even if the fact they aren't touching stuff since many patches is promising) cause I think Fifa got a lot of things right this year.

Changelog & Updates:

Timestamp
: 4/23/2020 | 3:58 PM CST --- Over a month ago, and things are quite different for a lot of us. For one, Ultimate Difficulty is completely worthless - to the point that I've removed it from this update (it's in the archives). I believe most, if not all, are working from home - or at least spending a lot more time at home. This means more career mode, right? Personally, I've actually been able to get going a lot on my own career mode, which is something I haven't been able to do for a number of FIFA iterations.

So, this update is one that I have been wanting to do for quite a while. I mentioned it in the thread, but I receive about 3-5 messages a day asking about different suggestions on playing with our sliders. The top two questions are "What do I need to do if playing on [] minutes?" and "How can I make the game more challenging/harder?" I've given a bit of my insight individually, but now it is time to offer it in a more structured form. No matter what suggestions you can make, it is human nature to want an itemized list of "exactly" what is being used. Of course we always recommend personal preferences, but the goal here is to create that baseline - then adjust as you see fit (as always!).

With that said, here are 3 versions of the OS Sliders. Each version addresses a possible solution to those who are looking for the current set, a harder set and a set that is customized for those who play on under 10 minutes. If you look through the values, you will see that the base of the OS slider set is still there, and the values presented have been suggested throughout the thread by others and myself in various outlets (this thread, social media, youtube videos, reddit, etc).

wKa8LH.png

FIFA 20 Operation Sports Sliders |||Version 3, Harder Legendary and Shorter Halves Set||

Controls: Manual/Semi/Assisted, Handball On (including PKs)
► Note that there has been good reception in turning off "Pass Block Assistance", which has helped keep the user's defensive line in-sync, making things less chaotic.

Explanation of each value listed in Spoilers:

Version 3 - Work in Progress Set
♦♦♦ Goal: This is the set that anchors the other ones. It is the base of what we have had for a number of months now. Some subtle adjustments to make for even better gameplay than before are in place now. The goal is to get a good balance of build up and necessary tactical adjustments when called upon.♦♦♦​
Sprint - 48/52​
► The adjustment of Sprint to be in favor of the CPU is primarily based on their tendency to jockey at random when faced in 1v1 situations down the sidelines or when facing an opposing center-back. This has been a [reported] bug for a while to EA, but still has not been fixed. As a result, we have to keep the CPU in the game, and as a result, Sprint and Acceleration go in favor of the CPU.​
Acceleration - 50/51 | 50/52 for Pro and World Class difficulty - or for harder Legendary​
► As mentioned in the Sprint section, we have to keep the CPU in the game due to the jockey bug that seems to occur in 1v1 situations. In addition, the slight acceleration discrepancy in the CPU's favor makes it a bit more challenging overall. As the user we will always have the advantage due to the ability to get off the rails of programming (super-cancel for a lot of us), which the CPU does not have.​
Shot Error - 70/70​
► This value was reviewed and kept the same as it has been. Really good teams will have variety with their shots on target, but the odd scuffed shot will not be left for just poor quality players - as we want to humanize the CPU here. The combination of shot speed adjusted and GK ability makes for some incredible shooting interactions.​
Pass Error - 55/55​
► No reason to change this value as it has brought the best balance on the ball between scuffed passes and gorgeous balls over the top. Truly a good way to separate the exceptional players for the rest of the pack.​
Shot Speed - 50/50​
► This value got a one point increase because it was starting to become noticeable of how often the GK could catch the ball and how shots started to feel softer and softer - especially with such a high shot error at 70. With this return to normal value of 50, the shot variety can stand out.​
Pass Speed - 50/50​
► No need to change this value as 50 remains a strong one when relative to the entire movement of the pitch and the significance in passing error. Driven passes this year are tame compared to previous years, and when paired up with the pass error - it definitely makes passing forward more of a risk/reward situation - as it should be.​
Injury Freq - 90/90​
► Still brings enough variety as before.​
Injury Sev - 40/40​
► Again, enough variety and nothing so consistent between multiple users at this point.​
GK Ability - 40/40​
► A more significant drop here from 49, however because the shot speed has increased, we need a more reactive look to the keeper versus a psychic look that higher values had caused. FIFA's programming is cause and effect, the GK animations are programmed based on the shot animation. We do not want the keeper to start moving as soon as the foot makes contact without even seeing the direction, so this adjustment brings in that sense of just a slight hesitation (and often times reflex) to make some amazing saves - but also more rewarding scoring.​
Marking - 72/72​
► This value is so important to the set. It's been tried at 71, 70 and below, and with the structure of how defensive resistance is built in FIFA (man marking vs zonal), the value of 72 has to be kept. If we think about all previous FIFA versions and how we had begged for the defenders to meet the attackers, or the midfielders to follow the players into the box, we'd be foolish to ignore the benefits of this value set. It's not to say 72 is absolute, but it is the safest value without needing to raise too much else. Note: I have changed this value for the other two sets, in particular the Harder Legendary Sliders because, frankly, if you try them - you will want some type of defensive relief as the resistance is quite strong).
Run Frequency - 5/5​
► A slight bump, but a significant result. This brings in the runs off the ball, especially in crossing positions, so it will make the CPU cross and it will also bring in those players to get on the end of the crosses.​
● The Height, Length, Width (often referred as "HLW") are quite important to consider for each slider set. In the past, we could adjust these values to achieve a lot of the shape we are looking for. However, this year of FIFA 20 in particular is in favor of referring to the team tactics to dominate the HLW more than anything. With that said, this version of the sliders has an aim to get more midfield play and adhere properly to different formations/tactics available.
Height - 51/51​
► Have played around with this value as well, but there is no need to change from the 51 that has been in place for a while.​
Length - 46/45​
► A very slight change is creating a discrepancy in favor of the user. This allows the the user's defensive positioning of the midfield to sit just a bit higher to block the forward passing lanes that often resulted in the CPU moving the ball from side-to-side and easily passing to their forward. With this change, they will now to use proper outlets such as pushing all the way to the opposite midfielder or sending a ball over the top - or even playing backwards.​
Width - 48/48​
► Another value that does not get any change because of the strength in narrowing the pitch defensively. It keeps every player goal-side as best as possible, with the exception being FBs in a 5-back formation, who stay too wide in that instance. Unfortunately, adjusting for that value can ruin the composition of the set, so it's better to leave as is until FIFA's tactical programming can improve their defending logic.​
FB Pos - 5/5​
► Another slight bump here to allow the fullbacks up the pitch just a bit more, but not so high that they are in constant exposure for counter-attacks and switches over the top. Remember, their positioning is also based highly on team tactics and individual instructions. For example, set your FBs to overlap if you want them to get further up the pitch in the attack.​
FT Control - 70/70​
► With the increase in run frequency, it was clear that the CPU started to get into tiki-taka passing. This needed to be addressed through the first touch control so they can take just a bit more time to settle the ball before moving on. Of course, exceptional players will stand out more with this value raised - but again, humanizing the players is the goal, so no player is exempt.​

Harder Legendary Set
♦♦♦ Goal: This set is aimed for those better players who can punish the CPU and absorb punishment all the same. It allows the user to hone in on their stick skills, but still have a requirement to adjust tactics accordingly.♦♦♦​
Sprint - 48/52​
► Similar to the Version 3 set, the intent is to have the CPU at an advantage, and ensure they can stay in the game as much as possible.​
Acceleration - 50/52​
► Similar to the Version 3 set as well, the CPU has the advantage, but we as users can jump off the rails anytime. Still does not mean that one will be dominated eitherway though.​
Shot Error - 60/55​
► The shot error is in favor of the CPU because we want them to punish us in the positions they should. Lowered the same value for the user because this still needs to be realistic, and not completely lopsided.​
Pass Error - 55/50​
► CPU's value at 50 allows the attack to be a bit more fine-tuned, but just because a lower value is placed, it does not mean that there will be perfect passing throughout. In certain instances, the lower the value, sometimes the less innovation they will exhibit. The crispness of passing is there though, so there will be less scuffed passes compared to higher values. In addition, the crossing capability of the CPU is at a higher level.​
Shot Speed - 50/50​
► Same concept as the Version 3 set in which a higher shot speed will result in more slight deflections, and frankly, a higher chance for goals. With the shot error value though, of course it can create the wild shot as well.​
Pass Speed - 50/50​
► Just a simple value that doesn't need to be touched because adjusting it one way or another can impact the gameplay overall.​
Injury Freq - 90/90​
Injury Sev - 40/40​
► Again, enough variety and nothing so consistent between multiple users at this point.​
GK Ability - 40/40​
► The keeper has to react to shots and have more reflexes compared to over-anticipating them as it would be on higher levels. Keepers in this scenario are always under pressure to perform. Did not feel there needed to be a discrepancy on either case because of how the flow of the match should reward good attacks or scoring opportunities.​
Marking - 70/70​
► Because there is more time defending the CPU's attacks, it would be beneficial to balance both sides out when attacking. There is still a sense of risk/reward in passing forward, but there is also that risk of moving players out of positions defensively.​
Run Frequency - 20/20​
► A big bump for the run frequency to create more runs off the ball in a more immediate sense compared to a lower value in which players will check to the ball more often.​
● The Height, Length, Width (often referred as "HLW") are quite important to consider for each slider set. In the past, we could adjust these values to achieve a lot of the shape we are looking for. However, this year of FIFA 20 in particular is in favor of referring to the team tactics to dominate the HLW more than anything. With that said, this version of the sliders has an aim to get more midfield play and adhere properly to different formations/tactics available.
Height - 51/51​
► Have played around with this value as well, but there is no need to change from the 51 that has been in place for a while.​
Length - 46/48​
► Following the theme at play, the CPU gets the advantage up the pitch, but not so much that the user doesn't have midfield positioning to block off the lanes. It is the run frequency that will anchor the chances as a result, and this is what creates that necessity for a higher level stick skill capability.​
Width - 48/48​
► No need to adjust this, but as mentioned 5-back formations do not result in the fullback to stay tucked in as much as they could, or should.​
FB Pos - 5/5​
► Allows the fullbacks up the pitch just a bit more, but not so high that they are in constant exposure for counter-attacks and switches over the top. Remember, their positioning is also based highly on team tactics and individual instructions. For example, set your FBs to overlap if you want them to get further up the pitch in the attack.​
FT Control - 60/50​
► A lower FT Control may result in the CPU to pass the ball about much more, and at pace, so again, the user has to be concerned with their positioning overall - and ensure they aren't over-committing players one way or the other.​

Shorter Halves Set
♦♦♦ Goal: The focus here is to pack in as much realism as possible, but still ensuring those who prefer less minutes (4-8) can get the base experience of the OS sliders set. Granted, the balance of realism, challenge and convenience, is a tough task - but I think the base of the set is strong that only a couple values should need to be addressed.♦♦♦​
Sprint - 50/50​
► Leaving this value at default to ensure there is a fine balance between difficulties. The key point to balance it out will be the acceleration discrepancy in favor of the CPU.​
Acceleration - 50/52​
►A common theme to making the CPU engaged and forcing them to stay there. With time so much lower, it's important that there is still a challenge, but not so overbearing that it doesn't feel realistic per the sides chosen.​
Shot Error - 55/55​
► More shots on target is the goal here, but shot error is a fairly sensitive value this year that the odd poor strike can still be present.​
Pass Error - 52/52​
► Ensuring that there remains a crispness to the passing because time constraints mean we need more movement overall.​
Shot Speed - 50/50​
► Same as the other sets, it has the chance to be quite powerful, but shot error can be the modifier - although the shot error in the 50's is not as impactful compared to higher values.​
Pass Speed - 50/50​
► No need to change this value either because the error value is not significant enough that it will make that much of a difference to player passing capabilities.​
Injury Freq - 90/90​
Injury Sev - 40/40​
GK Ability - 49/49​
► No issues with the game still at 49. The very slight delayed response to the shots helps slight deflections, and the keepers are not catching everything. Still prone to the occasional mistake as well.​
Marking - 62/62​
► A jump down in the marking to allow just tad less resistance. The kicker here though is that the higher run frequency will push players into those marking positions as is, so there is no need to move the defending players out of position by raising marking to such a significant value.​
Run Frequency - 40/40​
► As mentioned, the run frequency is raised because we're at a time constraint, but at the same time the marking is lower - so defending players aren't pulled out of position as much from those runs off the ball.​
Height - 51/51​
Length - 46/45​
► A very slight change is creating a discrepancy in favor of the user. This allows the the user's defensive positioning of the midfield to sit just a bit higher to block the forward passing lanes that often resulted in the CPU moving the ball from side-to-side and easily passing to their forward. With this change, they will now to use proper outlets such as pushing all the way to the opposite midfielder or sending a ball over the top - or even playing backwards.​
Width - 48/48​
► Another value that does not get any change because of the strength in narrowing the pitch defensively. It keeps every player goal-side as best as possible, with the exception being FBs in a 5-back formation, who stay too wide in that instance. Unfortunately, adjusting for that value can ruin the composition of the set, so it's better to leave as is until FIFA's tactical programming can improve their defending logic.​
FB Pos - 10/10​
► A good raise for the fullbacks as we need them a bit higher up the pitch. This does create a bit more of a counter-attack approach, but the defensive line should remain intact - not to mention the higher acceleration in favor of the CPU will place defending players in good spots to challenge.​
FT Control - 55/55​
► Just a bit on the low side here for both as it's enough to balance out the attacks, and ensure 50/50 balls can go to either User or CPU.​

woow! finnaly I like fifa 2020 with your shorter half sliders! Thank you so much. The only downside is that now i’m thinking how good could fifa 20 be as the developpers focussed on offline gameplay? Beacause with your sliders it plays so amazing already.

HI there. I'm not a FIFA player, but i have a question.
At the moment we have one playstation.
My son uses it most of the time and he takes it in his room. No problem for me. I 'm gaming in the weekends (then the PS4) comes in our living room.
Bit my son games with his friends and wants some privacy. We want to use the PS4 to watch DVD's an Blu-rays.
The answer is simple. We will buy a new PS4.

Problem is that we have both downloaded games on the old PS4 on the same account (my account).

My son is a FIFA player.
He plays online and Ultimate Team.

He will get the new PS4 and make his own account.

Question: can he transport his safe game from FIFA to his new account?

Alternate question (and off-topic) is there another solution?

Thanks in advance.

HI there. I'm not a FIFA player, but i have a question.
At the moment we have one playstation.
My son uses it most of the time and he takes it in his room. No problem for me. I 'm gaming in the weekends (then the PS4) comes in our living room.
Bit my son games with his friends and wants some privacy. We want to use the PS4 to watch DVD's an Blu-rays.
The answer is simple. We will buy a new PS4.

Problem is that we have both downloaded games on the old PS4 on the same account (my account).

My son is a FIFA player.
He plays online and Ultimate Team.

He will get the new PS4 and make his own account.

Question: can he transport his safe game from FIFA to his new account?

Alternate question (and off-topic) is there another solution?

Thanks in advance.

the save game is tied to the account that played the game.

so if you had FIFA on your original PS4 and your son vreated his own account on that PS4 then all his save data will migrate/sync to any new PS4 that he logs into.

if your son played FIFA on YOUR account, then all online progress is locked on your account.

a potential workaround I see is him logging onto his PS4 to play FUT with your account when he wants and YOU create a new account for yourself on the new PS4 (and your son can create his new account on his PS4 for other games/future FIFaA).

Back
Top Bottom