FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

Came to post this here. Beaten to it.

Listen to my wonderful podcast appearance to find out how I feel about it.

I too share your cynicism, Chris. It seems as if it's something a conservative/Conservative government would be against, but a government as self-serving as ours?

My only hope is that they take it at face value as "sAvE tHe ChIlDreN" before realising it's big boy business that can line their pockets. Further.

I am trying to say something political. :LOL:

The only "good" side is i do not need to start a new CM, cause AFAIK whenever it is a"monster-patch", you need to start a new CM, in order for the changes to take effect.

Just wanted to share this wonderful Donnarumma's fly:

For some reason I found it hilarious. The referee even gave it a foul :D
This reminded me of Donnarumma doing one of the most hilarious things I've had happen in a football game in FM 2019;

This was in an online game with my mate managing Heerenveen, getting absolutely pasted in the second leg of a Europa League tie and then gets gifted this immediately after Milan scored the goal putting them ahead in the tie. Shut up shop for the last 20 mins to go through on away goals :LOL:.

Just tried the demo for this for the first time since it was released (downloaded the demo on launch, played 1 half of a match and turned it off...) So went back mostly just to test it on my PC but also to give it a fairer chance and i actually thought it was alright, Some amazing animations and moments in there that now has me hovering my cursor over the buy button on CDKeys for £12.99 in the middle of a pandemic...

So what's the general consensus - Is this another cruel joke where the demo is better than the full game again because of UT patching syndrome or are people generally happy with the offline experience? Is the AI and team positioning good after 20+ games? Is there a midfield? Still cheat on anything above professional?

Last FIFA i played a lot of was 18, So maybe i'm spoiled here with having fresh eyes and a hiatus from the current gen franchise?

Just tried the demo for this for the first time since it was released (downloaded the demo on launch, played 1 half of a match and turned it off...) So went back mostly just to test it on my PC but also to give it a fairer chance and i actually thought it was alright, Some amazing animations and moments in there that now has me hovering my cursor over the buy button on CDKeys for £12.99 in the middle of a pandemic...

So what's the general consensus - Is this another cruel joke where the demo is better than the full game again because of UT patching syndrome or are people generally happy with the offline experience? Is the AI and team positioning good after 20+ games? Is there a midfield? Still cheat on anything above professional?

Last FIFA i played a lot of was 18, So maybe i'm spoiled here with having fresh eyes and a hiatus from the current gen franchise?

Hard to give a straightforward answer.

Biggest problem is that the game suffers a lot due to it being calibrated for the online crowd in ways that interfere severely with single player (defenders weird, detached behaviour probably being the main curse).

Then you have spoiled ball physics on free kicks. You have a quite varied but still kinda cheaty CPU. You have headers nerfed to the bone and a small number of fouls as per usual..

That said- I think with Matt's sliders it's enjoyable. Whenever I take it again for short bursts I have nice in game moments, good tensed matches (perhaps even a bit too much), a decent degree of variety.. for me it's kinda enough to not consider it wasted money. No idea if it could be the same for you.

There is also the gameplay lab project: https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/evoweb-gameplay-lab-fifa-20-frostbite-fifas.82886/
which I still have to try but does have a lot of potential, especially considering that we might not have a "new" game next season and this could easily become it.

I don't know if this is down to frostbite being a bad engine for sports game or EA coding to satisfy FUT thirst for responsiveness, but when you score a goal and a closer look at it shows you that, it kills all sense of achievement.

I don't know if this is down to frostbite being a bad engine for sports game or EA coding to satisfy FUT thirst for responsiveness, but when you score a goal and a closer look at it shows you that, it kills all sense of achievement.

I think a mix of both, but honestly, what are we expecting here? The base of the game is tested offline, then put into an online environment. As we know, online anything can result in issues with sync, whether it be in audio/video, or in this case, physical animations. I've never been up in arms about this.

I think a mix of both, but honestly, what are we expecting here? The base of the game is tested offline, then put into an online environment. As we know, online anything can result in issues with sync, whether it be in audio/video, or in this case, physical animations. I've never been up in arms about this.
This is me playing offline by the way.
And it happens all the time.
It rarely happened with ignite engine.

This is me playing offline by the way.
And it happens all the time.
It rarely happened with ignite engine.

Yes, I know, that's why I said it's a mix of both (coding + FUT responsiveness). Ignite was much better, and I miss it dearly. The leaked 21 videos are looking promising though, even if they're super old.

Did EA change something with stamina drain in one of the latest updates? I started a new career mode save lately and my players have massive stamina problems. If allowed, I could substitute half of my team at halftime. I don't use any pressure tactics.
In kick off games everything is fine, it's just in career mode. Anybody noticed this too?

Reinstalled this after a few months of not playing it. I was pleasantly surprised as how nice it played with the OS sliders for shorter halves. Had a couple of great games and saw a variety of goals. But after a few games I just felt like a few months ago. It plays nice but its a bit dull. I only want to keep a couple of Fifas in my hdd so I would delete Fifa17. Played 17 just for nostalgia before I wiped it..and had a lot of fun with it. To me seems less clunky than 20.

It's got issues but I cant argue with fun factor.... So now tomorrow ill give 20 another shot... But I feel im trying to hard to like it. My defense just sucks...

Reinstalled this after a few months of not playing it. I was pleasantly surprised as how nice it played with the OS sliders for shorter halves. Had a couple of great games and saw a variety of goals. But after a few games I just felt like a few months ago. It plays nice but its a bit dull. I only want to keep a couple of Fifas in my hdd so I would delete Fifa17. Played 17 just for nostalgia before I wiped it..and had a lot of fun with it. To me seems less clunky than 20.

It's got issues but I cant argue with fun factor.... So now tomorrow ill give 20 another shot... But I feel im trying to hard to like it. My defense just sucks...

If you are on PC, you can give a try to this:
https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/evoweb-gameplay-lab-fifa-20-frostbite-fifas.82886/post-3569053

Both are way more defense oriented.

Last edited:
Not sure what's happened but I've been tinkering with sliders after re downloading to try and find the pace of Pes and stop the ball bobbling about ..anyway I've come up with these and I'm really enjoying it. Worth a try ..starts off a bit too fast so I knock a few things down during the broadcast ..I have another video from this morning too that I'll post later
I'm on semi controls world class . I'm not a skilled fifa player

Summary is really high user power bar
Zero first touch
I'm on fast , other sliders are in video

Last edited:
I'm now 10 games into this now and really really enjoying my league as Liverpool (3 games into league )

I'm using my own sliders which won't be for everyone tweaked since my last vid

These are the reasons I've moved back from Pes - bear in mind I hated it on release and loved Pes

Midfield battles
Technical touches
Skill moves work - mane made a defender fall on his arse which was hillarious
Fouls - had 6 in my last game plus a penalty
AI fouls - seeing yellow and red cards.
Shot variation
AI variation

Hopefully this doesn't fade

I'm now 10 games into this now and really really enjoying my league as Liverpool (3 games into league )

I'm using my own sliders which won't be for everyone tweaked since my last vid

These are the reasons I've moved back from Pes - bear in mind I hated it on release and loved Pes

Midfield battles
Technical touches
Skill moves work - mane made a defender fall on his arse which was hillarious
Fouls - had 6 in my last game plus a penalty
AI fouls - seeing yellow and red cards.
Shot variation
AI variation

Hopefully this doesn't fade

And dont you just love the smoothness of attacks, the way, espcially if you play with a top team (city for instance), you can play absolutely on the edge football, and the ball speeds up as your intricate counter attack progresses...

Also the L1 dribbling is just superb. And all the different ways you can knock the ball on using R Stick.

I actually thinks it's a pretty great game when you find the right sliders. First Fifa game that hasnt felt empty (I know, that old chestnut) after 10 games...

Glad you're enjoying it.

And dont you just love the smoothness of attacks, the way, espcially if you play with a top team (city for instance), you can play absolutely on the edge football, and the ball speeds up as your intricate counter attack progresses...

Also the L1 dribbling is just superb. And all the different ways you can knock the ball on using R Stick.

I actually thinks it's a pretty great game when you find the right sliders. First Fifa game that hasnt felt empty (I know, that old chestnut) after 10 games...

Glad you're enjoying it.
Not played a fifa properly since 16 so not even aware of L1 dribble . I beat Southampton 4 nil in my last game but it wasn't as easy as it sounds and had 2 penalties and an extra man. One goal I score was a ball into firminhos feet and he rolled defender and then used L1 to curl ball in , looked very life like

Not played a fifa properly since 16 so not even aware of L1 dribble . I beat Southampton 4 nil in my last game but it wasn't as easy as it sounds and had 2 penalties and an extra man. One goal I score was a ball into firminhos feet and he rolled defender and then used L1 to curl ball in , looked very life like

On Alternate control scheme ie pes set up, L1 is the close/strafe dribble which is just brilliant with good dribbles, either sterling, mahrez, messi, hazard. You can do chops and tiny little movements of the ball between players.

So many finishes look lifelike.
I'm so used to not being able to score from certain position in pes, both in and outside the box, that I have to retrain my mind to actually try shots from all angles.

I think the animations and ice skating are so much better now, compared to the horrid demo. I know it has other faults but I'm genuinely so surprised so few people like this fifa. It's the only one, except fifa 16, that has had any real.personality. I think the problem is it's not really been.able to bring its different game systems into balance and I know defending isnt always much fun on higher difficulties. It's quite an eccentric experience overall, with many faults, but god I love its freedom and variety and finally, finally for a fifa, you can built intricate attacking moves in the final third with 3 or 4 of your players, but crucially, the game doesnt hand these out very often.

Is this game playable and fun nowadays,with solid sliders?
I know about the shitty defending,couldn't stand it then,will probably accept it now for a bit off fun.
Or is it still crap (ice skating/ping pong ai with no footplanting/body adjustments?)
Might try it again

Is this game playable and fun nowadays,with solid sliders?
I know about the shitty defending,couldn't stand it then,will probably accept it now for a bit off fun.
Or is it still crap (ice skating/ping pong ai with no footplanting/body adjustments?)
Might try it again

I reinstalled a couple of weeks ago and had fun with OS sliders for shorter lengths. tried playing a CM but I am really bad at defending plus the defensive problems make me even worse.... It was more fun than what I remember but I ended up uninstalling and going back to F16. If you are itching for soccer game specially with CL going on I'd say give it a try, the sliders and update improvements might be enjoyable for you. Ice skating will always be there

I've switched from Pes after loving Pes on release and hating fifa , it's definitely improved and I've come up with some sliders that stop the sill bobble on the ball which was a pet hate

I reinstalled a couple of weeks ago and had fun with OS sliders for shorter lengths. tried playing a CM but I am really bad at defending plus the defensive problems make me even worse.... It was more fun than what I remember but I ended up uninstalling and going back to F16. If you are itching for soccer game specially with CL going on I'd say give it a try, the sliders and update improvements might be enjoyable for you. Ice skating will always be there
Cheers Mate!
I'm pretty ok playing league mode which n Pes 19,but not being able to transfer etc gets boring after a while,so need a back up.
Yes,OS sliders by Matt and co works pretty good on most of my FIFA games.
Same worries here,the defending!
Might play a lower difficulty and manual to make up for it.

I'll either go 19 or 20,and probably do a player career (less fiddling with stuff and more playing)
Thanks buddy

I've switched from Pes after loving Pes on release and hating fifa , it's definitely improved and I've come up with some sliders that stop the sill bobble on the ball which was a pet hate
How's the CPUs ball tempo (pass speed etc)
That's pretty much my nr1 no no with FIFA.
Having a mix of sharp ai and good ball tempo is hard as hell man

And I've discovered cam angle is so crucial to what sliders you have,what looks fast on Tele broadcast might be to sluggish on broadcast etc

If you want to,and have the time,feel free to DM some sliders mate,I'd appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom