FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

That's not manual passing as a whole being removed though just the "option" of manually making a pass when using a non-manual control scheme, right?
Yeah, just the option. When you're on assisted, you can still pass manually with a combination of few buttons (same as Pes with shots). This combination now will be used for something else.

@Chris Davies , did you see that your "new" discovered feature - manual passing - will not be in F20? They are replacing it with some "pass and go" or something..
Well that's horribly disappointing... It's my favourite thing about PES, I think. Didn't realise this. :(

They wont see complaints in here. I go to twitter and sometimes scroll through hundreds or comments and not one mention about fouls. If we want them to notice the issue, we better get our assess up and start tweeting.

They wont see complaints in here. I go to twitter and sometimes scroll through hundreds or comments and not one mention about fouls. If we want them to notice the issue, we better get our assess up and start tweeting.
I have. Many times. Never gotten a response from them

I have. Many times. Never gotten a response from them
Me neither. Well, I got response once, from Zaro, that he fed it back to the team. That was in November.
But it doesnt matter. They go by what they see in comments. The more people state it as an issue the more chances for it to be noticed and resolved.

It's 5 versus 5 = Fifa Street
I didn't play Fifa Street, so i want more simulation gameplay; deep management mode, no more skating animations, real ball physics and collision. FS = arcade
It's a very bad news for me...
Im with you on that. Id probably try it for fun, but wouldnt be digging anywhere deeper there.

On a flip side - there MIGHT be some hope in it. They can provide fast and arcade experience in FS and make arcade football lovers happy, while at the same time providing some more realism and simulation on the big pitch. So online community can split, and half of them can hammer FS, while the rest can play football.

Thats what i would suggest if I was on development team. Its a tough cookie to keep everyone happy, but with FS mode you can sort of work on both fronts.

Anyone on here in Los Angeles wants my ticket to go to EA Play Saturday 8th June 2019? I got randomly picked. Sorry if it's the wrong thread.

Whats this logo at the start?

The idea of a 5 on 5 game mode sounds brilliant. The most recent FIFA Street on PS3 was decent as it wasn't necessarily all about doing skill moves, you could play a fairly normal 5 on 5 game.

I just took it to be an extension of the regular gameplay like did with that FIFA street 2012 game.

I can't imagine them doing much more then some slight mechanic and animation changes to reflect the smaller court and goals and to encourage the player to utilize skills for the "street" style.

Im a moderate, realistic optimist.. :LOL:
So I am hoping for option A, @Chris Davies .
Like our colleague above stated - I also think it will be just some sort of an extension.
Not hoping for a completely different approach and not expecting miracles.

What I do hope to get tho, is slightly different gameplay for both. It doesnt have to be a revolution. But Im hoping that some sort of "CORE SLIDERS" will be adjusted to reflect arcade 5Vs5 pitch and a big pitch football match.
If CORE gameplay on the big pitch was pushed a little bit more towards realism, it would be easier for us to do finishing touches with our sliders.
Im just hoping EA see this as a potential to make all types of gamers happy.

That potential is certainly there, and this "fork" is something I've wanted for years.

It is absolutely impossible to please both types of gamer (arcade and simulation) with one gameplay model (even with sliders), and I've said for a long time now that the sooner they go "modular" with FIFA and release modes as their own games, the better.

I would even pay £50 for the base game and then £20 for a "Career Mode" add-on, if and only if that extra source of revenue was going directly into funding Career Mode development, including more realistic gameplay and (crucially) more organic AI. I'd even pay another £20 on top of that for an "Online Career Mode" add-on, if it was modelled on a real-world football structure.

If that's how they want to replace microtransactions once they're outlawed (and believe me, their investors will demand the money keeps flowing at the same levels as before), then bring it on, baby. Take my money.

But without them doing that, FIFA (and PES) will only ever be semi-fulfilling to either type of gamer - always missing something.

Im a moderate, realistic optimist.. :LOL:
So I am hoping for option A, @Chris Davies .
Like our colleague above stated - I also think it will be just some sort of an extension.
Not hoping for a completely different approach and not expecting miracles.

What I do hope to get tho, is slightly different gameplay for both. It doesnt have to be a revolution. But Im hoping that some sort of "CORE SLIDERS" will be adjusted to reflect arcade 5Vs5 pitch and a big pitch football match.
If CORE gameplay on the big pitch was pushed a little bit more towards realism, it would be easier for us to do finishing touches with our sliders.
If there was not the anti-lootbox law on the horizon, I would say they plan to do it like the 2K mode, where you create a player, and you play online pve&pvp in hoods,courts,streets,beaches etc, where they charge you from train his stats up to simply edit his hairstyle or his name.
Now with the future being shady, at least for lot-boxes at the moment, and maybe for pay2win or pay2play tactics, in the far future , I am not sure about their intentions.

For a time a had a theory that with these new home rules etc, they wanted to create an e-sports spin-off , similar to how this crappy Frontnite created a battle-royal mode that screwed the FPShooters ,or how the mobas Dota,LoL outplaced the RTstrategy genre.

I'm a bit partial as I've been dreaming for all my gaming life a true "sequel" of the indoor Fifa 98 mode. I hope the 5v5 mode will make it justice even if I highly doubt it will, but I'm still very curious to see what it will come out of it.

By the way.. I'd pay very good money for a refined single player mode too. Something top notch, with depth, variety and longevity.. I wouldn't be afraid to give it the right money. Not really the model I like but better than seeing the whole franchise turn into a damn 100% E-Sport..

Can I give my theory about this mode?

ЕА will steal the concept of NBA2k park mode, which is a HUGE hit and very popular in NBA community. EA is prepper for life without Lootboxes. They will implement mode with maybe BIG customization for monetization. In standard football games, the players do not have so many accessories and crazy shit, to ware but in the street ... they are endless.

With all this stadia and cloud gaming, like join the match, watching in in real time and things like that, mode like FIFA street crews+ 2k park has sense.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom