FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

Hopefully they will bring back the ability to intentionally punch/push opponents and tackle the keeper when he's holding the ball in "Single player mode" of course.

And hopefully they'll change the engine so that it's possible to import player faces again.

I'm a bit partial as I've been dreaming for all my gaming life a true "sequel" of the indoor Fifa 98 mode. I hope the 5v5 mode will make it justice even if I highly doubt it will, but I'm still very curious to see what it will come out of it.

By the way.. I'd pay very good money for a refined single player mode too. Something top notch, with depth, variety and longevity.. I wouldn't be afraid to give it the right money. Not really the model I like but better than seeing the whole franchise turn into a damn 100% E-Sport..

That'sthe thing, that is still the best version of those! Street was so stiff and void of flow, just some dumb tricks over and over again.

1,000% not interested.

Anyone who wanted Pro Clubs changes is going to be forced into this mode instead. I get it in a way - 5v5 is easier to set up with mates than 10v10 - but I can only see the gameplay suffering.

By the way, a lot of the top comments on Fifa FB page under the 2020 posts are asking about improving career. Like- really a lot. Was it the same the other years? Can't honestly remember.

:D OK, my theory is almost approved, but its cringe trailer and a bit embarrassing to watch. I don't get that polit-correct in gaming, but all chicks in the trailer act like guys. Tuff fast strong and skillful :D come on...

The little bit of actual gameplay footage looked horrendous, indistinguishable from last year. Yet the amoebas on Twitter are over the moon. Just another source of microtransactions for them to farm.

D8i9T7NWwAA2fS2.jpg:large

This is truly the dark ages for football gaming.

By the way, a lot of the top comments on Fifa FB page under the 2020 posts are asking about improving career. Like- really a lot. Was it the same the other years? Can't honestly remember.

I feel like last year was the boiling point in terms of people being irate over lack of offline improvements. Leading up to FIFA 19 (and shortly after), a lot of people were lamenting the fact that there were little to no changes in career mode. People were poking fun at the fact that EA listed CL style menus as a major feature in career mode. It's certainly been building up.

I feel like last year was the boiling point in terms of people being irate over lack of offline improvements. Leading up to FIFA 19 (and shortly after), a lot of people were lamenting the fact that there were little to no changes in career mode. People were poking fun at the fact that EA listed CL style menus as a major feature in career mode. It's certainly been building up.

Trouble is, even if they added 20 cool new CM features, I still wouldn't play it, if on the pitch the AI/gameplay's crap. I wish people would focus on requesting a realistic game, with better AI. I'd take that over any new CM feature. But hey, maybe they think the gameplay's great as is. :)

In any case, it's not a bad thing that people are vocal about CM/pro clubs. But I'm sure EA already knows full well how many people are interested in each game mode.

Last edited:
On paper it interests me, although a shame there's a clear focus on skill moves. Hopefully it won't be as skill heavy as it looks and will actually play a good 5 a side game.

(I'm going to be disappointed, aren't I?)

Such a waste of time and what I was expecting.. they will make the mode polit-correct and diverse. They need you to understand it that because they say diversity 5 times for 2 min video... 30 min boring bland talking.

HAHAHAHAAH they copy PES penalty kicks :D

They are showing more believable ball physics, in spins, trajectories. If this is true i might buy it, that's the real issue i have with Fifa.

Well, they worked on ball physics, so maybe it wont be like bowling ball anymore.

I like new penalties, this arrow was very retro and annoying. And new free kicks system gives me hope that they are planing to have some free kicks.. ;)

Well, they worked on ball physics, so maybe it wont be like bowling ball anymore.

I like new penalties, this arrow was very retro and annoying. And new free kicks system gives me hope that they are planing to have some free kicks.. ;)
It's not new :D They just copy from PES

Free kicks will be OP now.
FIFA presentation teams always look excited. PES teams look depressed, every year. FIFA send their producer, PES productions hide behind the PR guys.

Back
Top Bottom