FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

Could be that it feels so bad because I almost only tried Premier League. But honestly I'm not very motivated playing other leagues. I mean it's pretty ironic that you have the bigger, most cured and detailed league in the game but you can't play it because everyone feels on acid or something. I tried to play lower leagues or southamerican ones but between uncomplete licenses and the general vibe of the game I just can't "feel" them. Probably a personal perception but that's it.

I always get the feeling that the LaLiga matches are faster than any other league.
Anyone feels the same way?

I recognize both @Madmac79 and @Matt10 experiences playing this game,outside The PL this game can and will be pretty damn good (if you can see past skating/paper thin player models).
The PL is horrible to play 300mph passing etc.
I'd still play this game if the human (non controlled) team mates in defence weren't complete idiot's.
That's my game breaker.
Worst defending in years.
Maybe I'm not playing it right...

This is new to me, what is the significant difference between PL and other leagues? I test every league during slider testing. It's the best comparison to take a talented PL team versus a lower league team, so it's a fairly common process. With the speed of passing, do you mean the choice of driven passes versus regular passes?

If I can sort out my PS4 framerate issues, I'll post some PL videos.

This is new to me, what is the significant difference between PL and other leagues? I test every league during slider testing. It's the best comparison to take a talented PL team versus a lower league team, so it's a fairly common process. With the speed of passing, do you mean the choice of driven passes versus regular passes?

If I can sort out my PS4 framerate issues, I'll post some PL videos.
Gameplay being faster (less inertia) I feel that it's less ping pongy (you know what I mean) outside the PL.
I don't know whether it's PL being higher rated (player by player/team by team Vs other leagues).
Also to be fair,PL has its own identity Vs La Liga /Serie A,much closer to BL in pace etc.
I haven't enjoyed that league in FIFA since 16,but still enjoy other leagues like La Liga etc.
If it is that way,or just me experiencing it being faster/more direct/no time on the ball (CPU) I don't know,but to me (and I'm not the only one seeing/feeling it) it's not enjoyable at all.

Last edited:
Anybody have this issue (maybe its me). I signed a player, I was really excited for him to join, and it said "would join when transfer market opens". Market came and went and his transfer info says the same thing.... :(
I sold my CM to bring him in and he's just like staying put. Am I missing anything? I accepted the offer. I've signed other players since, but this guy.... this guy... won't join...

Anybody have this issue (maybe its me). I signed a player, I was really excited for him to join, and it said "would join when transfer market opens". Market came and went and his transfer info says the same thing.... :(
I sold my CM to bring him in and he's just like staying put. Am I missing anything? I accepted the offer. I've signed other players since, but this guy.... this guy... won't join...

Did the player have 6 months left on his contract? I'm fairly certain if you bought him in January, he won't arrive until the summer.

So..has anyone found a solution for this ridiculous issue where the opponents cpu right/left backs just let your players pass them all the time and let them cut inside without any struggle?

@Matt10 Does the OS sliders prevent that thing?I haven't tried them yet,i play on default sliders,but if it helps to solve that issue i'll give them a try.I also tried to put cpu marking on 55 with the hope that they'll stick to me more and challenge me,but no,it's the same shit.It's like there is a magic spot down the wing,and when you reach it,the cpu side back just stops running and let you cut inside and pass him effortlessly.
This is pure bad game design and a core problem,so i very doubt that it can be solved by sliders which are just an aspirin,but i wanted to ask nevertheless.

This shit is just gamebreaking for me.I try to play some matches and have fun,and i can even past some other obvious issues like skating,weird animations etc due to the fact that there are also some nice elements like shooting and outcomes variety,but this thing with the opponent cpu right/left backs is just too much.It happens every single fucking time you're on the wing and running to cut inside.They just stop running and start doing this dumb jogging animation and let you pass like they're not even there.It looks so obvious and bad.And it's on Legendary ffs!
It's just frustrating because you know that as long as you take the ball with your winger,you can do this all the time and always create chances,so i try to avoid it and pass the ball instead or running down the wing and cutting inside,but then i lose my interest because the game forces me to play in a specific way to avoid this ridiculous issue.
It's like they don't even test their fucking offline gameplay..Hey,no microstransactions there,so who cares right?
Even a 10 year old could spot that there is a problem with this thing after playing 2-3 matches..

So..has anyone found a solution for this ridiculous issue where the opponents cpu right/left backs just let your players pass them all the time and let them cut inside without any struggle?

@Matt10 Does the OS sliders prevent that thing?I haven't tried them yet,i play on default sliders,but if it helps to solve that issue i'll give them a try.I also tried to put cpu marking on 55 with the hope that they'll stick to me more and challenge me,but no,it's the same shit.It's like there is a magic spot down the wing,and when you reach it,the cpu side back just stops running and let you cut inside and pass him effortlessly.
This is pure bad game design and a core problem,so i very doubt that it can be solved by sliders which are just an aspirin,but i wanted to ask nevertheless.

This shit is just gamebreaking for me.I try to play some matches and have fun,and i can even past some other obvious issues like skating,weird animations etc due to the fact that there are also some nice elements like shooting and outcomes variety,but this thing with the opponent cpu right/left backs is just too much.It happens every single fucking time you're on the wing and running to cut inside.They just stop running and start doing this dumb jogging animation and let you pass like they're not even there.It looks so obvious and bad.And it's on Legendary ffs!
It's just frustrating because you know that as long as you take the ball with your winger,you can do this all the time and always create chances,so i try to avoid it and pass the ball instead or running down the wing and cutting inside,but then i lose my interest because the game forces me to play in a specific way to avoid this ridiculous issue.
It's like they don't even test their fucking offline gameplay..Hey,no microstransactions there,so who cares right?
Even a 10 year old could spot that there is a problem with this thing after playing 2-3 matches..

This sounds like the bursting issue. It happens to the opposing CB as well. Mainly triggered by the right analog stick as well. There's no workaround that we could find unfortunately. However, I have not seen it since the most recent update, paired up with the higher marking we have at 72. That could be highly arbitrary and inaccurate though - but I've found it tougher to burst past compared to before.

This sounds like the bursting issue. It happens to the opposing CB as well. Mainly triggered by the right analog stick as well. There's no workaround that we could find unfortunately. However, I have not seen it since the most recent update, paired up with the higher marking we have at 72. That could be highly arbitrary and inaccurate though - but I've found it tougher to burst past compared to before.
It happens even without the right stick.Just with normal running.You run,and when you reach this specific ''magic'' point on the wing,the defender just stops tracking you and starts jogging,leaving you cut inside effortlessly every time.
Anyway,i'll try the sliders with the higher marking to see if there is a difference.Thanks.

@Matt10

Loving your sliders mate thank you, I'm enjoying the game again but have a few minor grumbles I hope you can help with.

I play on full manual and Professional. The only thing I've tweaked on your sliders is the shot error (as 60 was too wild and i couldn't get anything on target) and I've left the full back positioning and run freq at 50.

The problems I'm trying to address are:

There seems to be a lot of space in midfield, its like both teams are not following the play fully and moving as a unit. At times it works but at times theres no one coming together in the middle.
My back lines are culpable for some of this sometimes they are sitting off mid half and not keeping a high line.
The ball seems to start moving fast passing wise but becomes slower as the game wears on. Was this EA slowing down the ball at all?
With Marking at 72, I'm still getting a lot of loose play. People don't seem to be staying to their players as tightly as I would expect.
Player movement - I'm not seeing a lot of individual movement from the ai, even though frequency is at 50
Have they altered the keepers coming off their line? I don't see the keepers coming out a lot to close down shots unless i do it with my own keeper

Apart from that though its all golden, any help appreciated!
Ant

@Matt10

Loving your sliders mate thank you, I'm enjoying the game again but have a few minor grumbles I hope you can help with.

I play on full manual and Professional. The only thing I've tweaked on your sliders is the shot error (as 60 was too wild and i couldn't get anything on target) and I've left the full back positioning and run freq at 50.

The problems I'm trying to address are:

There seems to be a lot of space in midfield, its like both teams are not following the play fully and moving as a unit. At times it works but at times theres no one coming together in the middle.
My back lines are culpable for some of this sometimes they are sitting off mid half and not keeping a high line.
The ball seems to start moving fast passing wise but becomes slower as the game wears on. Was this EA slowing down the ball at all?
With Marking at 72, I'm still getting a lot of loose play. People don't seem to be staying to their players as tightly as I would expect.
Player movement - I'm not seeing a lot of individual movement from the ai, even though frequency is at 50
Have they altered the keepers coming off their line? I don't see the keepers coming out a lot to close down shots unless i do it with my own keeper

Apart from that though its all golden, any help appreciated!
Ant

On Professional, you may have more license to adjust the lines, relative to the marking. If it seems they are essentially parking the bus (not 100% like in FIFA 15, but still we'll say defensive third), you can raise the Length to at highest 48. That would be a global change. The second part would be to pay attention to formations faced and of course the tactics chosen. A high marking value is going to drag players out of position more, but it's relative to the run frequency used as well. If you have run frequency at 50, and marking at 72, then you're going to get a lot more out of position plays because run frequency not only controls how many runs, but how far the runs extend to. Lower run frequency, and they will make a variety of runs, but the run will end with a checking back to the ball - unless you have manually set them on a run and/or their player instructions are set to go inside, overlap, etc.

Hope that helps. Glad you're enjoying it. I think professional is a fun difficulty, my only issue was that it was too easy to tackle the ball away from the CPU, regardless of creating acceleration discrepancies, among other things.

They finally effing fixed the Premier League overlay getting stuck during gameplay.
Honestly surprised they bothered at this point. How many updates between adding it and fixing it? Compared to every FUT issue that's fixed immediately.

Honestly surprised they bothered at this point. How many updates between adding it and fixing it? Compared to every FUT issue that's fixed immediately.

Yeah I know. But it's better late than ever!
That bug was really getting on my nerves. How many times have I had to close the game and run it again just to get rid of it? More than 50 probably. Restarting the match, or going back to the main menu and play the match again wasn't enough!

Just finished another saison on my career mode and skipped through the final tables of the other leagues. Almost every league champion had not lost one single game. Worst example was Ajax in the Netherlands, 34 wins with no draws and no defeats. 100 goals shot and only 6 (!) goals against them. This is really utter bullshit and pure laziness from EA. Shows once again how little they care about career mode.

Just finished another saison on my career mode and skipped through the final tables of the other leagues. Almost every league champion had not lost one single game. Worst example was Ajax in the Netherlands, 34 wins with no draws and no defeats. 100 goals shot and only 6 (!) goals against them. This is really utter bullshit and pure laziness from EA. Shows once again how little they care about career mode.

Ah this is one of the reasons I'm reluctant to continue my F20 career. Most of the leagues have a couple of invincible teams and my league has the top 2-3 teams just never losing. Im 4th and have been winning almost all of my games... I just know I wont catch them so Ive got no motivation to try

That s just crazy they didn't fix it yet this late in the game cycle. Even more crazy knowing that a random pc modder (like me, not even talking about advanced ones) can fix these in a day or two of tweaking and running proper seasons simulations to check.
This really shows how little they care about their main offline mode...

Last edited:
Yep, from one extreme to the other. It's not like a multi billion dollar company like EA could let a trainee simulate a few saisons to see that just some little tweaks would make the offline experience better... But the offline community already spend their money and EA wouldn't get more from them, so this is how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom