FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

13 days

I'm curious to see if the new generation version will be optimized or if it will be a totally new version like a FIFA 14 (Xbox One and PS4)

Is seriously have no idea what to expect from next gen FIFA in this early stage. I don't want to hype myself… For FIFA 21 I will be happy with a fine tuning of gameplay, boost in visuals and a proper developed Career mode with more functions.

Are you also getting the advantage bug where the ref moves in one direction alone while the play continues for good 5+ seconds before a FK is finally given? Or is it a bug introduced by mods on PC?

Are you also getting the advantage bug where the ref moves in one direction alone while the play continues for good 5+ seconds before a FK is finally given? Or is it a bug introduced by mods on PC?
I think that's introduced from the mod. I had never seen it until just now when trying the gameplay test on your other thread.

S**t! That looks bad isn't it?
I can put up with it, given the difference it makes. I just had a game in my career mode save (see the video thread) and WOW. So good.

I've not tried your ball mod, because frankly speeding the ball up any more than it already is just terrifies me! But the walk-speed mod is brilliant. Huge improvement to the defence.

I played as Köln against Bayern with the walk-speed on 0.16 and it finished with 8 shots overall, compared to 30 in reality - with finishing being so clinical (because it's a video game!) the shot count needs to be lower than real life or the scoreline would be 5-5 or something, but I think it can be increased a little from what it was (2 shots vs 6).

So once again I put it down to 0.15 and Bayern destroy me, but then against other teams it's a closer balance. So I've found my perfect figure, I think. It allows defenders to actually get close to the opponents, without them zipping around like they're on wheels.

My big problem is just the pace of the game - the variance rather than anything else. All passes take about one second to reach their destination (on normal speed). Slower passes around midfield would lead to more battles and allow for better defensive positioning to occur, without so many counters.

But it feels to me like it's either "all slow passes" or "all fast passes", and the AI tiki-taka is a pain too.

I can put up with it, given the difference it makes. I just had a game in my career mode save (see the video thread) and WOW. So good.

I've not tried your ball mod, because frankly speeding the ball up any more than it already is just terrifies me! But the walk-speed mod is brilliant. Huge improvement to the defence.

I played as Köln against Bayern with the walk-speed on 0.16 and it finished with 8 shots overall, compared to 30 in reality - with finishing being so clinical (because it's a video game!) the shot count needs to be lower than real life or the scoreline would be 5-5 or something, but I think it can be increased a little from what it was (2 shots vs 6).

So once again I put it down to 0.15 and Bayern destroy me, but then against other teams it's a closer balance. So I've found my perfect figure, I think. It allows defenders to actually get close to the opponents, without them zipping around like they're on wheels.

My big problem is just the pace of the game - the variance rather than anything else. All passes take about one second to reach their destination (on normal speed). Slower passes around midfield would lead to more battles and allow for better defensive positioning to occur, without so many counters.

But it feels to me like it's either "all slow passes" or "all fast passes", and the AI tiki-taka is a pain too.

Give it a go, if anything I belive it has slowed down the game. The cpu takes a bit more time to makes its passes which actually slow down the things. Also I think some animations, like the knock on, are looking better. Players are bit less "dancing" with the ball when dribbling too.
Load it, play few minutes, throw it if you don't like it.

Glad you found your balance with the walkspeed! It is what the thread is all about, sharing info so anyone can try to adjust the gameplay to his taste. We just started, but those very few changes have already greatly improved the gameplay for me. I am really having fun playing this now.

Last edited:
Give it a go, if anything I belive it has slowed down the game. The cpu takes a bit more time to makes its passes which actually slow down the things. Also I think some animations, like the knock on, are looking better. Players are bit less "dancing" with the ball when dribbling too.
Load it, play few minutes, throw it if you don't like it.

Glad you find your balance with the walkspeed! It is what the thread is all about, sharing info so anyone can try to adjust the gameplay to his taste. We just started, but those very few changes have already greatly improved the gameplay for me. I am really having fun playing this now.
I agree about the ball changes making the game feel slower. I thought that straight away.

After a long time posting, hope everybody is doing fine, during all this unprecedented events all over the world.
For few days with this lockdown and wfh, I went for calling for the yesteryear games, mean to say went nostalgic. My both fifa 20 and pes 2020 are both installed but they are both combining both you may say, the joy I am getting to play fifa 11 pc is immense.
Let me tell you what happened few days back there was a huge storm in our state due to which everything was interrupted from electricity to internet everything. After 2 days electricty was back but no internet, so no fifa or pes to play. So at that time I used my mobile for internet and went to my some old games and voila that fifa 11 pc, which was the real next gen due to which pc gamers has to go through many things and against fifa and Peter Moore policies, where he once said pc can't handle next gen. Fifa 11 pc was a facepalm and was a true revelation,yes pc is up there with xbox360 and ps3 and much better to work upon.
Without thinking much I installed it and also there was update 1.01 I updated and opened and that kaka coming out from the tunnel, goosebumps. So nice menus simple but it's nice. Went to manager mode selected german 2 vfl osnabruck and got in. Ohhhh guys I wonder, so many things soooo many things are missing nowadays in both fifa and pes manager mode. Upgrading your staff, transfers, board assessments and many simple things which is worth to try and also is a delight to be there. One of the match in cup game vs cottbus total 24 fouls yes it's true 24, cpu 13 me 11 fouls. Cottbus received 5 yellow cards and me getting 4 cards. The a.i. is so challenging on proffessional it's so hard to score there are midfield battle, flank play, tactics has to be applied, defense is good. CPU changes play. So many long shots from cpu they try everything on the book to score.There are negatives too players are running fast,also the graphics is not like nowadays, also stadiums are lot less, crowds are not vocal but all this can be sacrificed when you have a manager mode with superb game. I was jumping when I scored, I was panting with game flow, I am panicked what is coming next from the cpu team with threatening moves. One of moves from cottbus very physical game my hand was paining also you can say I am drained too. It was 1- 0 for me 115 minutes, I am trying my best to defend and they are trying there best score. With new moves and skills and long shots after long shots even by goalkeeper's stamina went to yellow with all the saves and hardwork he have to do. Thrilling match, used all the substitutes me and cpu both. At 117 minutes from the right flank suddenly my rightback couldn't hold the wide player and I saw the goalkeeper came a little bit forward, man that wide player took a gamble, from the flank it made a desperate long shot to equalize the clock was 119 minutes the goalkeeper tried to save it by diving full stretch of his hand but as he was a little bit forward it went to the top corner of the goal net over his head. 1-1, I was in awe my mouth was open my eyes were coming out. What just happened, I felt like crying so much hard work is gone with this superb goal. Though it was the equalizer but I have to applaud. I tried to remember which game of fifa gave me this kind of feeling answer none but one did and that was not fifa that was pes 2011 with it's ml and gameplay.
By the way I won the match but with death penalty, while playing my hand was shacking out of anxiety. Same as Germany and Italy match as in euro 2016, if anybody remembers.
Pes and fifa after 10 years, what have you done to this game is a shame. Pathetic.
Sorry for posting it here and for this long post. I apologise but I needed to share this. Thank you. Stay safe and keep you family safe.

Goals like this really keep me on playing fifa, despite all annoying flaws. A slighty misplaced header from my striker, a bad timed jump from the goalie followed by a missed header from the defender. There are tons of these "all can happen" situations in the matches, really enjoying this.

But currently I'm struggling with the difficulty. Was playing my third season in my Düsseldorf career with OS Sliders V. 2 and worldclass difficulty. From the last third of the season on the game became far too easy and I was winning every game with 4,5,6 goals. So at the beginning of the fourth season I updated to OS Sliders V3 and legendary difficulty. And now I am losing every game with 4,5,6 goals. So I lowered the difficulty to worldclass again for one match and beat Bayern with 5:0. :CONF:
When I play an exhibiton match, everything is fine and balanced with these sliders and legendary difficulty. Seems like I have to start another career...

Going by the Madden 21 teaser trailer, I don't think we'll be seeing a mindblowing Fifa this year on next-gen consoles.

I wonder if just like new Unreal Engine 5, that the Frostbite upgrade may not be available until next year.

Being controversial as always, while everyone is playing the Euro DLC in the other game, I decided to give my career mode some progress.
What I noticed after the last update, it was last week? Two Weekes ago??, is that the whole speed is now much slower, both player and ball speed. It was so obviously slower that I needed to check my sliders which were to default and my outer menu settings, which was normal gamespeed.
My games were in EU ICC, in stadium Parc de princes, if gamespeed varies with stadium.

So I hope they will keep this pace at least and not speed up again in a future update.

[/CITAR]
Going by the Madden 21 teaser trailer, I don't think we'll be seeing a mindblowing Fifa this year on next-gen consoles.

I wonder if just like new Unreal Engine 5, that the Frostbite upgrade may not be available until next year.

The FIFA team hired many rendering Engineers from the Bioware and NHL team, possibly to add technologies.

Thank you for making me feel sane again.

FIFA 19 is the much, much better game. Not that all of those things are fixed, but some of them certainly are - and other than graphical details, there's nothing I wish I could have in 19.

Have to try FIFA 19 again. I didn't really give it much a chance but reading this makes me want to try it again. Wish me luck!

Last night on my CM on switch version some funny bug happened. I do not know if it can happen on ps4/Xbox one platforms though. I know that the Switch version is not so polished at all.

I was by the near sideline and the opponent team manager tried a standing tackle to my ball carrier, then entering inside the pitch and then tried to body charge me, resulting him failing and returning to his manager box limits.

Although switch video capture is rigid, I finally achieved to capture in video and I will upload in the coming days.

Last night on my CM on switch version some funny bug happened. I do not know if it can happen on ps4/Xbox one platforms though. I know that the Switch version is not so polished at all.

I was by the near sideline and the opponent team manager tried a standing tackle to my ball carrier, then entering inside the pitch and then tried to body charge me, resulting him failing and returning to his manager box limits.

Although switch video capture is rigid, I finally achieved to capture in video and I will upload in the coming days.

I think Jose Mourinho actually did that at Soccer Aid.:LMAO:

Too many patches. Now I need to tweak again. Pain in the butt. Still better than pes though which doesn't even try to play like actual football.

I’ll drop the news here...

Loot boxes: Lords call for 'immediate' gambling regulation

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-53253195
Sounds great:

The Lords report concludes that ministers should make new regulations which explicitly state that loot boxes are games of chance. It also says the same definition should apply to any other in-game item paid for with real money, such as FIFA player packs.

But will the government act on this? I'm trying not to say anything political here, but with this being a govermental issue, and with our government telling people to "clap for banks" as well as our doctors and nurses... You can see a sack of money from EA making this issue go away very quickly.

Prove me wrong, government.

Back
Top Bottom