FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

Wouldn't it be easier for them to just inject some code that only applies for Online that makes game speed 40% faster?.
I mean, as soon as you enter any Online mode menu, it should load that code and leave us the fuck alone.
The sooner offline and online are different games (not just different game modes) the better - then actual focus can go into things like Career Mode, instead of any advertised changes being rushed last minute add-ons that turn out to be so buggy that they break the fucking game.

But it'll never happen, unfortunately. So whatever FUT guys want, we get.

Take this for example:

oxbowR2.png

I went to see Newcastle play Wolves on Sunday, and they were playing 5-4-1, with the striker coming back into the midfield to make a 5-5-0 fairly regularly. (It was awful.)

But because FUT guys are sick of people playing drop-back, park-the-bus football... Bang. (It might be one small thing, but it's just one more example of real-life being sacrificed for the "fun of the game".)

The sooner offline and online are different games (not just different game modes) the better - then actual focus can go into things like Career Mode, instead of any advertised changes being rushed last minute add-ons that turn out to be so buggy that they break the fucking game.

But it'll never happen, unfortunately. So whatever FUT guys want, we get.

Take this for example:

oxbowR2.png

I went to see Newcastle play Wolves on Sunday, and they were playing 5-4-1, with the striker coming back into the midfield to make a 5-5-0 fairly regularly. (It was awful.)

But because FUT guys are sick of people playing drop-back, park-the-bus football... Bang. (It might be one small thing, but it's just one more example of real-life being sacrificed for the "fun of the game".)

Where's that image from mate?

I'm going to talk a little bit about FIFA 20 in the FIFA 20 thread. I hope this doesn't make @PRO_TOO snap...

Title Update 5 definitely made the gameplay faster.
I was happy with the pace of the game, from release until Title Update 4. I can't quite understand why they had to go and screw it up like that.

When was update 5?

I have only started playing the game so havent played Vanilla, update 1, 2, 3, or 4, and I guess i‘m on update 5. I’m finding the pace ok on Normal speed with Vanilla sliders.

From the latest "pitch notes", over here!

Just launched on PC, won't hit consoles for a few days minimum.

The "maximum capacity of the midfield" lines are hilarious.
Because if you think about it, there's literally probably a piece of code within the game that explicitly tells the game that there can't be more then "x" players in the midfield...

I remember Mourinho's Inter playing against Barcelona.
Or Mourinho's Real Madrid playinh against Barcelona.

They used to populate their own box and then jam-pack the midfield so much, that it would take two legends like Xavi and Iniest to find little gaps to filter the ball and pass it.

From the latest "pitch notes", over here!

Just launched on PC, won't hit consoles for a few days minimum.

Thanks Chris, that means i have to turn off internet now.

What a pain I was pleasantly surprised that i was enjoying the game and pace is just right at the moment :BRICK:

edit: I just skimmed over the pitch notes and it doesnt say game pace will be increased. I’m guessing that is a ’hidden, subtle’ change :P

Oh no. For the first time since release, I was finally having a pretty good time with my Koln save (as of yesterday). I was actually looking forward to playing today! I'm scared to boot it up now.

Oh no. For the first time since release, I was finally having a pretty good time with my Koln save (as of yesterday). I was actually looking forward to playing today! I'm scared to boot it up now.

Just set Origin to Offline and then run the game through Frosty Mod Manager, so you can play without going through this horrible update mate.

Admittedly I have only played one game of the new patch tonight, and for me I actually didn't mind it.

Yes the game speed is too fast (for me), but the game I played the CPU didn't play TIKA TAKA, the absolute stupid leg breaking animations were not in the game.

And TBH I didn't think the game played any faster in the new patch than the previous version.

IMO the game is improving and some of the things I really hated are slowly being removed.

They now just need to slow the game down and fix slow game speed.

I don't think it's a negative patch at all. Here are some notes, keep in mind they were copied/pasted from the OS sliders thread:

Just some comments on 1.06, playing default sliders, then posted OP sliders:

- First thing that is noticeable is how much less the CPU drives right down the middle and puts your backline under siege. Very good sign here as I have had to do much less micromanaging of players.

- Physicality is strong. Notice I didn't say fouls, because frankly I'm tired of that being used as validation of a set. However, the collision detection is strong, and so are the animations to compliment it. More stumbles when being pushed, and more advantages being called. Handball being recognized consistently as well.

- Playing on Slow, World Class, still have the capability to burst unfortunately.

- CB Jockeying on World Class, Slow is still there unfortunately.

- Wings are better covered for both user and CPU.

- Runs off the ball are crazy, especially paired up with overlapping FBs. It's just too chaotic. Played a variety of teams and tactics. As soon as a player receives the ball, instantly the teammates are sprinting forward. I'd be fine if they sprinted forward then checked back, or if they did some crossing runs, but it's very much the same as it's always been. Validates our choice of lowering RF overall.

- Driven passes are much less driven, and much harder to control.

- FT Control in general is still reflective of pass error and pass velocity.

- 50/50 balls are better, but would still prefer more loose balls. Still feels like either User or CPU traps it immediately.

- Shot error is good. Slightly tweaked. So if a 50 played like a 45 before, it now plays like a true 50. The values we have at 58/60 seemed too high, and can probably be lowered.

- Shot speed needs lowering just a tad, think we were on the right track at 49, same with GK at 49. Still very good animations being in-sync.

- Pass speed is still fine at 50. As mentioned before, the driven pass is used sparingly and is tough to control. Animation to look for is when the cpu receives it, with no pressure on them, and they face forward. In the past they'd send a driven pass somewhere, but now choose to either dribble or send calmer looking passes.

- Overall the shape still looks good. The banks are forming, and as mentioned there is less need to micromanage the midfielders to prevent forward passes. You still have to work, but it's not instantly becoming a shoot on site as soon as the forward pass is made.

- Pass speed is still fine at 50. As mentioned before, the driven pass is used sparingly and is tough to control. Animation to look for is when the cpu receives it, with no pressure on them, and they face forward. In the past they'd send a driven pass somewhere, but now choose to either dribble or send calmer looking passes.

Have to say... I couldn't disagree with that bit more, mate!

https://i.redd.it/p8kyzizzvfv31.jpgsomeone posted this on sofifa
So updated faces Ziyech,blind,pastore,courtois,marcelo,dzeko and ribery face is back,and maybe vinicius and florenzi =9
On this picture there are 36,EA said "37",i hope this 9 are not included in that 37

Last edited:
Yeah nice update in terms of graphic assets to be honest.
I appreciate a proper face for the beast, Lautaro Martinez.
I'll be starting a new CM with Inter soon, so...

So we have to start a new career mode to get the new player faces? Please say no :PRAY:
Unfortunately yes.
It's always like that with Fifa updates.
The next big face patch is always on November when i guess they'll also add Aston Villa,Sheffield United and Norwich faces.
I'm waiting till then to then start a PL career with Crystal Palace.

new patch 1.06 is up for ps4

i didnt touch singleplayer mode for long time but game is feels slower than it was month ago ....or its just coz i play pro clubs and everything there is very fast ?

Last edited:
Played some more of the game today..

I take it all back, the game is a speed fest absolute mess - They fixed the leg breaking animations.

But I now feel like I am playing an old school Olympics button basher.

The below is a typical free kick I experienced multiple times:-

Played some more of the game today..

I take it all back, the game is a speed fest absolute mess - They fixed the leg breaking animations.

But I now feel like I am playing an old school Olympics button basher.

The below is a typical free kick I experienced multiple times:-
That's in the previous patch too

How can people enjoy career mode since the latest patches? I know it was broken before but it's just a big of a mess now, where 4-5 teams can end the season with 90+ points. It's Unbelievable that EA can't get it right. They must do it deliberately, because it cant be that hard to fix.

Back
Top Bottom