FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

The new face is out on ps4? Go to squad update said no update but ziyech got his new face but onana still have his generic face.. 😴

Noticed the update downloading and installing yesterday. I was here to ask whether the game is still a bowel movement. It seems so.
A bowel movement :LOL:

The amount of people (FUT idiots) moaning about the game being “too slow and boring” a few weeks back makes me want to punch a wall. They’ve got what they wanted now, a fast end to end sh*t fest of a game.

I often wonder to myself - these kids watch real football right? They must like it? Then how do they enjoy FIFA in it’s current state, it boggles the mind!? I always wonder how my friends and family members enjoy FUT so much when I know for a fact they love football and attend the matches on a regular basis.

My friend’s list tonight is super busy and most of my family members (wife’s nephew, a load of my mates etc) are playing FIFA 20 and Xbox is telling me they’re ALL in FUT. EA don’t have to change or make the game better, it will always be like this.

I am playing career mode with Leicester City on Legendary difficulty.

Before the new patch:
LWDWWLDWDWWDWW

After the new patch:
WWWWWWWWWWWW

Did they play with the difficulty of the AI? 🤔

Last edited:
Something that's always irked me in football games is that teams don't tend to play in a way that represents their league position. I'm playing CM with Koln and it's almost January. I'm sitting in 10th place (playing manual everything except semi-assisted shooting) and I was set to play Union Berlin who have been diabolical all season.

They have 1 point and have only scored two goals. They've also conceded 36 goals, far more than anyone else. Fast forward to our match and they beat me 2-0 with one of the goals consisting of the following: CPU ball-rolls me, they then back-heel it to a teammate outside the box and who scores with a first time shot. They're doing shoulder passes, back heels, etc. That's all well and good, but it's ridiculous that a team who have scored two goals in five months would be capable of such feats.

Now, I know even the worst teams (in real life) are capable of playing out of their skin, but it only happened because the CPU was playing the user. That's the reason. Once it goes back to the CPU simulating the league standings, they'll resume their absolutely shit tier form. If they're statstically the worst team in the entire league by some distance, then it should generally reflect that when you play them.

Last edited:
I am playing career mode with Leicester City on Legendary difficulty.

Before the new patch:
LWDWWLDWDWWDWW

After the new patch:
WWWWWWWWWWWW

Did they play with the difficulty of the AI? 🤔
It’s such a bad game now. I spent time with it over the weekend at a friend’s and we had to turn it off out of disgust.

I don’t know what EA think football is but this isn’t it.

Matt10 save us

Feeling pretty good with what we've got. This is a video using the most recent patch update (PC) that should be out for consoles soon.

Here are the sliders as well, keep mind that some notes are relative to the OS Sliders thread, I've just copied and pasted:

FYI: Values changed from previous set are in red. Also, as sets finalize, I will try to provide credit to the notes on specific values that those have tested, or made specific slider value recommendations.

Also, please adjust to what you see fit. We all play the same game, but we interpret our experiences differently. Just keep in mind that experience with one team may differ completely with another. So if you are to make a suggestion, please note of how it will be taken with a grain of salt simply because, in sliders, sample size and variance are paramount, yet often overlooked.

FIFA 20 Operation Sports Sliders ||| Version 2, Beta 1 (V2B1)

World Class/Legendary/Ultimate, 10 -15 minutes, Slow or Normal speed
Controls: Manual/Semi/Assisted, Handball On (including PKs)

Sprint - 50/50
► Have tried this at lower values, but there are significant sync issues with the animations such as players running around a ball in 50/50 situations, or significant momentum shifts that affect 1v1 unfairly. Can also affect the physicality in some sense because the true contact is not registered as high as compared to 50 sprint.

Accel - 50/50
► No need to change because it affects stamina directly when lowered. This is a good value to create a discrepancy if the user is finding gameplay too easy though. Just raise the value in favor of the CPU.

Shot Error - 58/60 | (Previous: 58/62)
► There is a slight change here because it felt like the CPU's shooting at 62 was a bit overdone at times. The discrepancy does help as the CPU seems to be a bit more clinical compared to the user's input. Overall, FIFA 20 does well in respecting this value.

Pass Error - 58/60
► Honestly this value was reviewed significantly as well. The biggest issue with lowering this too much is just how automatically in-sync the CPU becomes. They instantly connecting so much better, and go forward immediately. When I had initially reviewed this value, it was with a higher Run Frequency, and even as I adjusted the RF, it seemed to not effect the CPU's desire to go forward. As soon as the pass error value was returned to the 58/60, the humanizing aspect of the CPU was back. They were a bit more cautious with their passes, a bit more error prone in certain spots. Passes that they would normally drill forward, or slide a through ball that should be a 50/50 were no longer chosen, relative to their rating/ability. This is a core value of the set, and I would advise to be quite careful with adjusting it.

Shot Speed - 50/50
► This value was reviewed quite a bit as well, in particular because shots had previous seemed to be a bit of a rocket ball. The issue with lowering this value is that the GK was more out of sync. In what should be a full powered shot, the GK would act like it was a lob on frame, and their animation would reflect that. The error value chosen should be more than enough to offset the power of strikes - which is the lesser of two evils in this case.

Pass Speed - 50/50
► Again, another value that gets a significant amount of time to review. The concept of lowering the value just does not make sense because of what it does to the receiving player's animations. The receiver starts to run towards the ball more often than they should. This looks like each pass is under-hit, and essentially a "hospital pass" - basically setting up the receiver to get clobbered if they don't get there fast enough. In addition, when lowering this value, the deflections are also affected as they become very "soft" and the ball has less of a chance to become a true 50/50 ball.

Injury Freq - 90/90 | (Previous: 75/75)
► Found that this value does create more injuries in game, but relative to the severity, the injuries are not as significant.

Injury Sev - 40/40 | (Previous: 25/25)
► Have been all over the place with this, and based on the frequency, this value did need to be raised as it was just not significant under 35. In addition, the same type of injuries were happening such as broken toes or shoulder injuries after a fall.

GK Ability - 49/49 | (Previous: 50/50)
► Tried to lower this value to find some slightly less incredible saves. Happy balance of just lowering it slightly so that the GK still has the capability to pull off saves, but not so much that the variance of shot speed/error isn't feeling like a chore. Can't go too low with this value as the GK's can start to do some odd animations such as diving underneath the flight of the ball or dive too soon.

Marking - 50/50
► This has been a frustrating value because it is not just based on how tight, but also how wide the players are marked. It is a very sensitive value, which is in-line with a lot of the slider values this year, that has so many possible variables to consider (CTTs, formation, instructions, etc). Best to keep it as is unless the HLW would be modified (which they aren't).

Run Freq - 1/1 | (Previous: 0/0)
► As mentioned earlier, the higher the value we went with this just made things a bit all over the place. The runs off the ball, initially, are fine, but it is the secondary runs that are the most impactful. For example, when the CPU passes the ball to a forward, the runs from a center midfielder will be significantly into the box, and that would be fine if the opposing midfielder started to run with them, but the problem with FIFA 20's defensive midfield DNA is that it just doesn't have the capability to bring a midfielder to run with them, or properly hand them off. As a result, through passes right down the middle are quite easy to perform, and the same type of cut-back, slotted passes, one time shot - attacks happen much more often. With the value at 1/1, you see just enough that players show to the ball, and still respect the CTTs of running off the ball and away towards certain parts of the pitch. As always, adjust as you see fit, but remember the note above about sample size + variance.

● The Height, Length, Width (often referred as "HLW") are quite important to consider for each slider set. In the past, we could adjust these values to achieve a lot of the shape we are looking for. However, this year of FIFA 20 in particular is in favor of referring to the team tactics to dominate the HLW more than anything.

Height - 50/50
► Raising height just does what it always does, which is throws the midfield out of position. However, and this is significant, the value isn't really affected directly via sliders, but more so tactics.

Length - 50/50
► Same as above, going too low with this and the positioning looks good from a static point of view, but once in motion, it is clear to see that players get confused on how to defend. In knowing how complacent FIFA is to providing a zonal marking system, it would be counterproductive to put players "closer" to each-other, just for the sake of a good looking position. Even at 50 length, the players can get quite close to each other, but at least they have more opportunity to properly decompress and both sides can "meet" properly in the midfield.

Width - 50/50
► The only adjustment here was minimal, and it ended up hurting more than helping. Against balanced teams, it works to raise this value, but once the pressure teams show up, it becomes another easy pass around because of the additional width provided. In addition, the outside midfielders do not come into the box on crosses, and will opt to stay wide, which can also force the FB to stay just as wide. This skews the numbers in the box, and will create the same type of attacks down the wings and in crosses.

FB Pos - 50/50
► No adjustments here because tactics definitely control this value, but the slider value is receptive as well. There are just too many variables that can come into play with this as each tactic has its intended behavior the FB position. It's better to defer to the tactics in this case, versus adjusting for variance and sample size. For example, if you have a formation of a 5-3-2 with wingbacks, then yes your WB/FB will get up the pitch much higher, and even be in-line with the outside midfielder. It does not mean that you need to lower FB slider, it means you need to reassess the formation/tactics/instructions.

FT Control - 50/50
► Again, no adjustments necessary here. I know some will go against it, which is fine, but most footballers know how to control the ball with a silky soft touch. It is the pass speed and error that creates the unpredictability with the ball. In FIFA 20, the pass speed is much higher, as a base, compared to FIFA 19 - so the control of the ball is more varied based on what is happening in the match.

I have downloaded Fifa 20 through EA Access, 10 Hour free trial. Any patches on the Horizon i should wait for or just jump right in just now?

I have downloaded Fifa 20 through EA Access, 10 Hour free trial. Any patches on the Horizon i should wait for or just jump right in just now?
you bought access or you have Free month?because i am still waiting EA to give me that free month incase you are using that

Feeling pretty good with what we've got. This is a video using the most recent patch update (PC) that should be out for consoles soon.

Here are the sliders as well, keep mind that some notes are relative to the OS Sliders thread, I've just copied and pasted:

FYI: Values changed from previous set are in red. Also, as sets finalize, I will try to provide credit to the notes on specific values that those have tested, or made specific slider value recommendations.

Also, please adjust to what you see fit. We all play the same game, but we interpret our experiences differently. Just keep in mind that experience with one team may differ completely with another. So if you are to make a suggestion, please note of how it will be taken with a grain of salt simply because, in sliders, sample size and variance are paramount, yet often overlooked.

FIFA 20 Operation Sports Sliders ||| Version 2, Beta 1 (V2B1)

World Class/Legendary/Ultimate, 10 -15 minutes, Slow or Normal speed
Controls: Manual/Semi/Assisted, Handball On (including PKs)

What difficulty is this?
Not being funny but watched the first couple of minutes and QPR didn't touch the ball. At all !!

What difficulty is this?
Not being funny but watched the first couple of minutes and QPR didn't touch the ball. At all !!

They also dont even try to tackle

They are in a dropback defensive tactic which doesn't help. They fouled me from a slide tackle at the 3 min mark. There's a couple tackles sprinkled in. I show the stats at half and at the end of the game. 6 at half, 11 total for match.

They are in a dropback defensive tactic which doesn't help. They fouled me from a slide tackle at the 3 min mark. There's a couple tackles sprinkled in. I show the stats at half and at the end of the game. 6 at half, 11 total for match.

Yes but what difficulty is it?
Anything above amateur and I'm not touching this year's game with a bargepole.

You'll be winning every game 10-0 in amateur. Seriously, don't bother with this game it's garbage. Sliders won't fix it because all of the fundamentals are wrong. I regret wasting money on it.
Sold my copy within 2 weeks of buying it. Too easy on Legendary, idiots wanting the game sped up when it was teetering on being slightly too fast in the 1st place (just my opinion of course) and the fact that Defending seems to be a non event in this game. EA are going backwards and it feels like I am playing FIFA 2005 again.

Yes but what difficulty is it?
Anything above amateur and I'm not touching this year's game with a bargepole.

Legendary, and I'm not sure how to respond to that. Is there something wrong with difficulties higher than amateur? I haven't even tried Pro this year...

Sold my copy within 2 weeks of buying it. Too easy on Legendary, idiots wanting the game sped up when it was teetering on being slightly too fast in the 1st place (just my opinion of course) and the fact that Defending seems to be a non event in this game. EA are going backwards and it feels like I am playing FIFA 2005 again.

Not sure when you bought it, but two weeks after release yes it was pretty bad. We managed to get it playing decent by resetting all player instructions. There have been multiple patch updates since though, and the most recent one is actually decent. Sure, fundamental issues still remain - as they will always be for FIFA - but it has potential.

I'm not trying to convince anyone to get it, simply just staying relevant on findings regarding the topic :) .

Back
Top Bottom