FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

I am totally and utterly done with FIFA. The game is still too fast and especially online Defending is a lost art and non existent. I was decent at Defending on FIFA 14 when I played it a lot online during the early days of PS4 but for me since 17 Defending has been busted.

I am totally and utterly done with FIFA. The game is still too fast and especially online Defending is a lost art and non existent. I was decent at Defending on FIFA 14 when I played it a lot online during the early days of PS4 but for me since 17 Defending has been busted.

I can't even remember which Fifa it was. But I loved one of the earlier versions that supported 11 v 11 online (I think it was on XBOX 360 as I'd play Fifa on that and PES using PS controllers to stop my instincts getting confused when playing the two different games). I'd always choose the DM (as no-one wanted it back then). You could almost guarantee getting top 3 in player ratings because so few people bothered to hold position and/or could defend properly. They'd slide tackle too often when as a big DM you could break up so much play with a little with of jockeying. You'd often get MoM if the goal scoring didn't come from only one player and wasn't too many goals. You could even chip in a fair number of assists for wingers and goals from cleared corners.

I downloaded the patch today and thought i’d give it a go with OS sliders on World Class. I actually enjoyed my 3 hour session. There are so many random things especially shooting.

I was continuing my Spurs career which i gave up on a few weeks ago.

v Bayern in CL they hammered me about 5-0 almost like real life. But one bit was good when Lewandowski had an air shot when Lloris was rushing out to him. Havent seen that before.

I then lost 2-0 to Leicester which was a cracking game with surprisingly a few shots. Then we played Derby in the Carabao cup. Eriksen scored our first goal of the season with a overhead scissor, cracking stuff. What was good was that we dominated like a EPL team should.

Next was Southampton and they had a man sent off within 10 mins and then Kane scored after great work by Winks in the box. We managed to win 2-1.

Enjoy it again for now but maybe just a phase.

Managed to get my game back with some slider adjustments. Its a fricken wonderful game. The player models can look a bit stiff and gangly but theres no doubting the variety. Had a cracking MLS with LA Galaxy vs Columbus Crew and the CC keeper had a mare. Firstly Zlatan scored a lovely header, then the keeper tries to clear a back pass but it cannons off his defender and into the net, then he lets a shot squirm through his grasp and finally, he misplaces a pass from a back pass to my forward who gets tripped by the defender. It was great. keepers are very good in this but they do make errors too which I like.

Oh and the By Arena stadium is beautiful with all the shadows on.

What the variety like in approach play ie teammate AI? Is that still quite formulaic or have they managed to improve it with patches?

I downloaded the patch today and thought i’d give it a go with OS sliders on World Class. I actually enjoyed my 3 hour session. There are so many random things especially shooting.

I was continuing my Spurs career which i gave up on a few weeks ago.

v Bayern in CL they hammered me about 5-0 almost like real life. But one bit was good when Lewandowski had an air shot when Lloris was rushing out to him. Havent seen that before.

I then lost 2-0 to Leicester which was a cracking game with surprisingly a few shots. Then we played Derby in the Carabao cup. Eriksen scored our first goal of the season with a overhead scissor, cracking stuff. What was good was that we dominated like a EPL team should.

Next was Southampton and they had a man sent off within 10 mins and then Kane scored after great work by Winks in the box. We managed to win 2-1.

Enjoy it again for now but maybe just a phase.

I'm interesting, can you provide gameplay video? :)

Vintage FIFA here. Shaw screws up a clearance using his non dominant right foot and Paulinho capitalises, although he didn't get a clean shot off, the ball hitting De Gea's leg before mercifully ending up in the back of the net. I really like how the player's traits show up contributing to errors here. I just never score the same goal twice.

Last edited:
Show off, of what? I can't be interesting by @geeeeee review after new EA patch and want to see if FIFA take right way for offline players?

Are you interestING?
Or
Are you interestED?

If you think you're interesting... you're just bragging, and we don't believe you.
If you're interested in geeeee's opinions, then we support you 100% man.
:P

Are you interestING?
Or
Are you interestED?

If you think you're interesting... you're just bragging, and we don't believe you.
If you're interested in geeeee's opinions, then we support you 100% man.
:P

Like "I will become interested" (by FIFA 20, after this new patch).

I'm not English, so sorry for my grammar mistakes. Don't play on words and be indulgent :PINKS:

I'm still enjoying FIFA now, specially with all the mods. It really does make a difference.
The only thing that it's not solvable, and will not be fixed through official updates nor with any PC mods is how floaty and skatey players feel.
How there's barely any realistic foot planting in the game because animations responsiveness have 100% priority over anything else.

From a wide camera, it's barely noticeable and I can live with it, but from replays and close cuts, it's like...

1573736689369.png

Streaming some FIFA - feel free to jump in. This is using our Version 2, Beta 2 that I posted last night/morning.

Type in !sliders in the chat to see what set is streaming.

Here is Version 2 Beta 2 in case anyone wonders:

FIFA 20 Operation Sports Sliders ||| Version 2, Beta 2 (V2B2)

World Class/Legendary/Ultimate, 10 -15 minutes, Slow or Normal speed
Controls: Manual/Semi/Assisted, Handball On (including PKs)

Sprint - 50/50
► Have tried this at lower values, but there are significant sync issues with the animations such as players running around a ball in 50/50 situations, or significant momentum shifts that affect 1v1 unfairly. Can also affect the physicality in some sense because the true contact is not registered as high as compared to 50 sprint.

Accel - 50/50
► No need to change because it affects stamina directly when lowered. This is a good value to create a discrepancy if the user is finding gameplay too easy though. Just raise the value in favor of the CPU.

Shot Error - 58/60
► There is a slight change here because it felt like the CPU's shooting at 62 was a bit overdone at times. The discrepancy does help as the CPU seems to be a bit more clinical compared to the user's input. Overall, FIFA 20 does well in respecting this value.

Pass Error - 58/60
► Honestly this value was reviewed significantly as well. The biggest issue with lowering this too much is just how automatically in-sync the CPU becomes. They instantly connecting so much better, and go forward immediately. When I had initially reviewed this value, it was with a higher Run Frequency, and even as I adjusted the RF, it seemed to not effect the CPU's desire to go forward. As soon as the pass error value was returned to the 58/60, the humanizing aspect of the CPU was back. They were a bit more cautious with their passes, a bit more error prone in certain spots. Passes that they would normally drill forward, or slide a through ball that should be a 50/50 were no longer chosen, relative to their rating/ability. This is a core value of the set, and I would advise to be quite careful with adjusting it.

Shot Speed - 50/50
► This value was reviewed quite a bit as well, in particular because shots had previous seemed to be a bit of a rocket ball. The issue with lowering this value is that the GK was more out of sync. In what should be a full powered shot, the GK would act like it was a lob on frame, and their animation would reflect that. The error value chosen should be more than enough to offset the power of strikes - which is the lesser of two evils in this case.

Pass Speed - 48/48 | (Previous 50/50)
► This patch update has seemingly helped the animation in receiving the ball on lower pass speeds. No longer are the receivers running towards the ball constantly, they are letting it drift into their path. This good because it will naturally slow down the tempo a bit, and also allow for the ball to stay in the air just a bit longer.

Injury Freq - 90/90
► Found that this value does create more injuries in game, but relative to the severity, the injuries are not as significant.

Injury Sev - 40/40
► Have been all over the place with this, and based on the frequency, this value did need to be raised as it was just not significant under 35. In addition, the same type of injuries were happening such as broken toes or shoulder injuries after a fall.

GK Ability - 49/49
► Tried to lower this value to find some slightly less incredible saves. Happy balance of just lowering it slightly so that the GK still has the capability to pull off saves, but not so much that the variance of shot speed/error isn't feeling like a chore. Can't go too low with this value as the GK's can start to do some odd animations such as diving underneath the flight of the ball or dive too soon.

Marking - 50/50
► This has been a frustrating value because it is not just based on how tight, but also how wide the players are marked. It is a very sensitive value, which is in-line with a lot of the slider values this year, that has so many possible variables to consider (CTTs, formation, instructions, etc). Best to keep it as is unless the HLW would be modified (which they aren't).

Run Freq - 1/1
► As mentioned earlier, the higher the value we went with this just made things a bit all over the place. The runs off the ball, initially, are fine, but it is the secondary runs that are the most impactful. For example, when the CPU passes the ball to a forward, the runs from a center midfielder will be significantly into the box, and that would be fine if the opposing midfielder started to run with them, but the problem with FIFA 20's defensive midfield DNA is that it just doesn't have the capability to bring a midfielder to run with them, or properly hand them off. As a result, through passes right down the middle are quite easy to perform, and the same type of cut-back, slotted passes, one time shot - attacks happen much more often. With the value at 1/1, you see just enough that players show to the ball, and still respect the CTTs of running off the ball and away towards certain parts of the pitch. As always, adjust as you see fit, but remember the note above about sample size + variance.

● The Height, Length, Width (often referred as "HLW") are quite important to consider for each slider set. In the past, we could adjust these values to achieve a lot of the shape we are looking for. However, this year of FIFA 20 in particular is in favor of referring to the team tactics to dominate the HLW more than anything. With that said, this version of the sliders has an aim to get more midfield play and adhere properly to different formations/tactics available.

Height - 50/50
► Raising height just does what it always does, which is throws the midfield out of position. However, and this is significant, the value isn't really affected directly via sliders, but more so tactics.

Length - 45/45 | (Previous: 50/50)
► This is the first change to the HLW core because the height value is just too volatile this year, so it must be compensated to create a bit more compression by lowering length. This value could only be lowered to where it is because of the significant change to FB.

Width - 40/40 | (Previous: 50/50)
► A significant change here, but it was badly needed. Too often the outside back, or wingback, wold stay quite wide that they'd be marking nothing. When there would be something to mark, they would mark head-on, instead of keeping their width goal-side to prepare for the cross, etc. In regards to the midfield, this significantly reduces the middle passing lanes, so it does not feel like every attack is a through ball away from a shot on target. It allows the width of the pitch to be used as a building block versus a source for constant counter-attack.

FB Pos - 0/0 | (Previous: 50/50)
► Scaled this value to above 50 and below 50, did this in 5 pt increments and the true different wasn't seen until it was at the lowest value of 0. All this does is provide an outlet backwards, and it does not at all hinder the FB/WB from going on a run up the sidelines. It is very strongly based on team tactics and individual instructions. Paired up with the adjusting HLW, now there is a bit more time to defend, and a bit more emphasis to maintain good possession in the attacking thirds of the pitch.

FT Control - 55/55 | (Previous: 50/50)
► A subtle adjustment, but this value does not only control poor first touches, it also controls dribble accuracy in tight spots. Good to see the CPU, and user, stumble out of bounds due to a bad touch, or go in hard on a challenge because they lost the 50/50 ball. Paired up with the adjustment to Pass Speed, this one is just enough to stand out.

So how is the difficulty of this game? From what i heard the last time, it was pretty easy.

It's a good balance. I think Legendary is the best difficulty because World Class has issues overall. Ultimate is just a bit too accurate at times. Played a lot of matches earlier, and streamed on Twitch. Most notable game were the Dortmund ones , in particular vs Barca and Slavia Praha.

Also, I hate playing against Liverpool. Definitely have to have a gameplan.

I've been pretty busy on the sliders today. Really enjoying that things are coming together. The previous version posted has a new beta, we are on Beta 3 now. Feel free to check them out below. I know FIFA 20 is sore for most on here, but once there is a smidge of potential, it does get pretty fun.

Changelog & Updates:

Timestamp
: 11/17/2019 | 10:42 AM CST --- From more playing, it looks like an amendment to V2B3 needs to be made. Marking will go back to 50 because 49 was just too passive, despite the good zonal look. Then a decent change here is RF from 5 to 2. Arbitrary numbers bug me, but not when they produce some different animations and sequences. At 2 there was a nice balance of long runs into the box with some checking to the ball. In addition, something I had not seen before in 20, was a pass into space for the CPU forward to run onto. Very nice.

Timestamp: 11/17/2019 | 4:35 AM CST --- I am really quite happy with how the base of V2B2 has turned out. It has an actual midfield to play around compared to default values. I think it may be just a tad too narrow, so I've made some adjustments there. In addition, I wanted to review certain elements such as pass types and crossing chances. This was reviewed by adjusting certain run frequencies and marking values, paired up with modifying some other distinct values like height. All quite subtle updates I must say, but still have a significant impact - which is a common theme for FIFA 20's sliders experience so far.

Moving fast, I know, but it is with good intentions to get this game playing pretty realistic, where it allows. As a result, here is Version 2, Beta 3.

--------------------
--------------------

FYI: Values changed from previous set are in red. As sets finalize, I will try to provide credit to the notes on specific values that those have tested, or made specific slider value recommendations.

Please adjust to what you see fit. We all play the same game, but we interpret our experiences differently. Just keep in mind that experience with one team may differ completely with another. So if you are to make a suggestion, please note of how it will be taken with a grain of salt simply because, in sliders, sample size and variance are paramount, yet often overlooked.

FIFA 20 Operation Sports Sliders ||| Version 2, Beta 3 (V2B3)

Sprint - 50/50
► Have tried this at lower values, but there are significant sync issues with the animations such as players running around a ball in 50/50 situations, or significant momentum shifts that affect 1v1 unfairly. Can also affect the physicality in some sense because the true contact is not registered as high as compared to 50 sprint.

Accel - 50/50
► No need to change because it affects stamina directly when lowered. This is a good value to create a discrepancy if the user is finding gameplay too easy though. Just raise the value in favor of the CPU.

Shot Error - 65/65 | (Previous 58/60)
► It's incredible what shot error can produce this year. Have seen some absolute world class finishing, and have seen some very poor attempts. I think the emphasis of not only scoring as a reward, but also the event of a solid strike on goal. There really are some great ball physics when this value is tested to its limit.

Pass Error - 55/55 | (Previous 58/60)
► There was feedback about this value being too high because the CBs started to make terrible contact on simple passes forward. This adjustment does address that, however it also allows the pass game to open up in the right spots. Both user and CPU can take full advantage of their highly rated players, or be cautious with poor players. This also helps the crossing to be a bit more dynamic in that it can be a really poor cross out of bounds, or it can be vicious curler that finds the head of a striker or oncoming midfielder.

Shot Speed - 49/49 | (Previous 50/50)
► This value took a while to research because it's important that the GK stays in-sync with the shot at hand, and that the shots on frame are not incredibly weak (relative to the shooter's rating + shot error) that the keeper just catch it easily. In addition, this value with a raised shot error always produces the best shooting ball physics that FIFA has to offer. It just gives more time for the end-user to see the flight of the ball versus just a rocket that gets missed with the blink of the eye.

Pass Speed - 48/48
► This patch update has seemingly helped the animation in receiving the ball on lower pass speeds. No longer are the receivers running towards the ball constantly, they are letting it drift into their path. This good because it will naturally slow down the tempo a bit, and also allow for the ball to stay in the air just a bit longer.

Injury Freq - 90/90
► Found that this value does create more injuries in game, but relative to the severity, the injuries are not as significant.

Injury Sev - 40/40
► Have been all over the place with this, and based on the frequency, this value did need to be raised as it was just not significant under 35. In addition, the same type of injuries were happening such as broken toes or shoulder injuries after a fall.

GK Ability - 49/49
► Tried to lower this value to find some slightly less incredible saves. Happy balance of just lowering it slightly so that the GK still has the capability to pull off saves, but not so much that the variance of shot speed/error isn't feeling like a chore. Can't go too low with this value as the GK's can start to do some odd animations such as diving underneath the flight of the ball or dive too soon.

Marking - 50/50 | (Previous 49/49 in V2B3, amended)
► Marking was to passive on 49 unfortunately. Put it back to the safety of 50. Still seeing good crossing as well, so it confirms it must have been the run frequency originally.

Run Freq - 2/2 | (Previous 5/5 in V2B3, amended)
► May have jumped the gun a bit with 5/5 because the long runs were there, but it was too much at any given time - making games feel quite end to end for the wrong reasons. Felt like each team was a counter-attacking one. Dropped this one down to an arbitrary number of 2/2, but can't be upset with it as it brings in a good balance of checking to the ball mixed with long runs. Variety of runs are there as well which will result in different types of passes.

● The Height, Length, Width (often referred as "HLW") are quite important to consider for each slider set. In the past, we could adjust these values to achieve a lot of the shape we are looking for. However, this year of FIFA 20 in particular is in favor of referring to the team tactics to dominate the HLW more than anything. With that said, this version of the sliders has an aim to get more midfield play and adhere properly to different formations/tactics available.

Height - 51/51 | (Previous 50/50)
► Just raising height to compensate for the lowered marking value. This will allow the lines of confrontation (midfield meeting midfield, defender meeting forward) take place a bit sooner if marking were the only value changed.

Length - 45/45
► This is the first change to the HLW core because the height value is just too volatile this year, so it must be compensated to create a bit more compression by lowering length. This value could only be lowered to where it is because of the significant change to FB.

Width - 42/42 | (Previous: 40/40)
► Just a very slight adjustment here to get the outside backs and wingers positioned a touch or two wider than they were on 40, where they were getting sucked inside too early. This will make the switch-field long ball a tad more difficult, but not impossible. It also still maintains the cohesion in the center of the park defensively and at the top of the box.

FB Pos - 0/0
► Scaled this value to above 50 and below 50, did this in 5 pt increments and the true different wasn't seen until it was at the lowest value of 0. All this does is provide an outlet backwards, and it does not at all hinder the FB/WB from going on a run up the sidelines. It is very strongly based on team tactics and individual instructions. Paired up with the adjusting HLW, now there is a bit more time to defend, and a bit more emphasis to maintain good possession in the attacking thirds of the pitch.

FT Control - 55/55
► A subtle adjustment, but this value does not only control poor first touches, it also controls dribble accuracy in tight spots. Good to see the CPU, and user, stumble out of bounds due to a bad touch, or go in hard on a challenge because they lost the 50/50 ball. Paired up with the adjustment to Pass Speed, this one is just enough to stand out.

Last edited:
So how is the difficulty of this game? From what i heard the last time, it was pretty easy.

When i played it last week i found it a good balance although i am probably not as good as some.

I use Matt’s sliders on World Class. Also i use Full Manual which adds to the satisfaction of scoring. In my Career with Spurs i had not scored for 8 games and were bottom of the league (yes i am that bad). Then in the Carabao Cup we played Derby, Rose made a good run on the left and i saw Eriksen unmarked in the box, i put a cross in that was behind him but he improvised and scored with a stunning bicycle kick. Now I am not one for getting excited about those goals normally but for me at that time it was a ‘replay playback’ moment a few times because of the goal drought.

After that i played Southampton and Kane and Ali scored for a 2-1 win. But then we lost to Olympiacos 3-0 in the CL.

So for me it is a good balance but needs to be played on FUMA because it not only adds to the difficulty but also to the satisfaction of putting some good moves together and when you score it is a good feeling.

Have been getting a number of free kicks too which is good but i really don’t like the new free kick system.

I will play more in a weeks time and post some vids.

I've been pretty busy on the sliders today. Really enjoying that things are coming together. The previous version posted has a new beta, we are on Beta 3 now. Feel free to check them out below. I know FIFA 20 is sore for most on here, but once there is a smidge of potential, it does get pretty fun.

FIFA 20 Operation Sports Sliders ||| Version 2, Beta 3 (V2B2)

I agree Matt, i did not like it at first but it is getting there. Really enjoy the randomness, scuffed shots, and the penalty box scrambles.

Thanks for the sliders, i will try the new ones when i am back with my PS4.

I really must do something fundamentally wrong, when I read all the comments about the game being to easy. I get my butt kicked almost every single game. I played Fifa 19 with Ultimate difficulty and had a decent, challenging but all in all successful career with Mallorca.
This year, no matter if I play Worldclass, Legendary or Ultimate, I just can't get into the game. I never have a clean sheet, score only few goals and my defending is a mess. I really want to like the game because of the presentation and all the new german stadiums, but mostly I'm fed up after 2 matches and go back to the other game.

Hi the community
i have made a couple of sliders and I think I have found a good one

Speed : Normal
Difficulty : Legend

Sprint - 28/28
Accel - 50/50
Shot Error - 55/62
Pass Error - 55/62
Shot Speed - 45/45
Pass Speed - 28/28
Injury Freq - 70/56
Injury Sev - 20/53
GK Ability - 55/50
Marking - 57/53
Run Freq - 27/40
Height - 60/55
Length - 48/55
Width - 51/55
FB Pos - 49/45
FT Control - 55/64

Some videos :

OM - Lille : 0-1
Guingamp - OM : 0-2
Bashakeshir - OM : 2-1
OM- Rennes : 1-4
https://youtu.be/dGkVCuItyuw
https://youtu.be/r6p3p9jFl9A
PSG - OM : 2-1
https://youtu.be/dEYhCfeuW7Q
https://youtu.be/8VMTLdIO-d0

Last edited:
Does EA do any sort of surveys? About gameplay, suggestions and all that?
I dont recall ever seeing one and I presume people would be posting links to them in here..

Back
Top Bottom