FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

For the very first time since release i can say after the update i'm really enjoying this. EA could do with updating faces such as greenwood of man Utd and a lot of players with last season hair styles.

Just wanted to share this clip of the CPU attack vs me (Liverpool). They pressed me in my buildup, won the ball and Jota went wide. Instead of crossing it blindly, he stopped, waited for more support before accelerating past my defender...and then putting in a peach of a cross. The attacked headed downwards and the ball went out but what a move. I literally stopped and applauded that move lol.

They pulled a goal back later when again after pressing me and winning the ball, with a brilliantly struck dipping shot to ruin my clean sheet.

Just finished playing my 10 hour trial since release and I've just ordered the full game for £32.99 off Amazon.

Have they toned down the scripting? The reason I ask is when I play against mates offline recently we've had some awesome matches were everything feels pretty fair, in the past the game would dictate what team it favours.

I feel like the last update has changed the AI, and I don't think I like it. (Either that or it's been a while since I last played and I'm just forgetting what it feels like.)

I find defending absolutely useless at the best of times - but more so now. If you stand off, the AI will blast past you. If you try to press, you just hit the invisible wall around their player and then ... they blast past you.

It doesn't happen the other way around, they can freely charge into you and win the ball no problem - and when they have the ball, they just pass forwards in straight lines until they get to the goal. I'm talking about Professional onwards, not just the higher difficulties (I have to use Professional when playing a 2-v-AI career with my dad). No build-up necessary.

I've always felt that moving to "all-out defence" vs the AI is pretty pointless, but this feels even more so now. Just me?

Just wanted to share this clip of the CPU attack vs me (Liverpool). They pressed me in my buildup, won the ball and Jota went wide. Instead of crossing it blindly, he stopped, waited for more support before accelerating past my defender...and then putting in a peach of a cross. The attacked headed downwards and the ball went out but what a move. I literally stopped and applauded that move lol.

They pulled a goal back later when again after pressing me and winning the ball, with a brilliantly struck dipping shot to ruin my clean sheet.

Is this PC or console?

I feel like the last update has changed the AI, and I don't think I like it. (Either that or it's been a while since I last played and I'm just forgetting what it feels like.)

I find defending absolutely useless at the best of times - but more so now. If you stand off, the AI will blast past you. If you try to press, you just hit the invisible wall around their player and then ... they blast past you.

It doesn't happen the other way around, they can freely charge into you and win the ball no problem - and when they have the ball, they just pass forwards in straight lines until they get to the goal. I'm talking about Professional onwards, not just the higher difficulties (I have to use Professional when playing a 2-v-AI career with my dad). No build-up necessary.

I've always felt that moving to "all-out defence" vs the AI is pretty pointless, but this feels even more so now. Just me?

You've probably tried it, but I made a recommendation of turning off "Pass Block Assistance" in our OS sliders thread to help the user's defenders from getting sucked out of position so often. So far, it has received good feedback, but of course based on play style.

So I crumbled and bought this in the sale. Im surprised how much I like it as I hated 17, 18 and 19. It's far less open than pes 20

Surprised it took you so long!

It has a good base to work from overall. They did mess up in putting ultimate difficulty to 99 ovr players, basically removing all sense of identity.

So I crumbled and bought this in the sale. Im surprised how much I like it as I hated 17, 18 and 19. It's far less open than pes 20

I've been a big supporter of pes 20, at times I've loved it but going back to it after fifa, I noticed how open it was and it's hard to ignore.

The ball physics I was enjoying in pes suddenly feel rigid and a bit lifeless.

It's a bit dangerous playing fifa if you were enjoying pes!

Surprised it took you so long!

It has a good base to work from overall. They did mess up in putting ultimate difficulty to 99 ovr players, basically removing all sense of identity.

Hi matt,

My only gripe is still the lack of AI teammate movement which is very obvious if you go back to pes.

Any tips for tactic or slider settings that may produce more intricate passing moves?

What's odd and a little frustrating is that every couple of games, the players will end up in certain positions in the middle and final third where a fantastic intricate move can be constructed. But then its static for a game or two again, even just replaying the same matchup in a friendly.
It's as if the potential is there, the game just allows it to lie dormant too often.

I know its realistic those nice flowing moves should be limited in a game, but not once every 3 games when I'm liverpool vs norwich on professional level...

This game is so, so close to being a 9 out of 10 game...

Hi matt,

My only gripe is still the lack of AI teammate movement which is very obvious if you go back to pes.

Any tips for tactic or slider settings that may produce more intricate passing moves?

What's odd and a little frustrating is that every couple of games, the players will end up in certain positions in the middle and final third where a fantastic intricate move can be constructed. But then its static for a game or two again, even just replaying the same matchup in a friendly.
It's as if the potential is there, the game just allows it to lie dormant too often.

I know its realistic those nice flowing moves should be limited in a game, but not once every 3 games when I'm liverpool vs norwich on professional level...

Would higher Run frequency not sort this? The only thing I changed is lower first touch as it bobbles around far too much for top class players. 42 is about right

Would higher Run frequency not sort this? The only thing I changed is lower first touch as it bobbles around far too much for top class players. 42 is about right

I always got the impression run frequency is powered because otherwise the runs end up being very vertical, everything going in a straight line at the goal. That lower rf encourages more variety in run types...
Am I wrong about that?

I always got the impression run frequency is powered because otherwise the runs end up being very vertical, everything going in a straight line at the goal. That lower rf encourages more variety in run types...
Am I wrong about that?
Honest I've no idea, I just remember I last fifas having it set really low on some published sliders and the AI and user had very few options upfront, when I went back to 50 the attacking was much more challenging but it may have changed, its also down to your interpretation of football and what you want.. Latest version of operation sports sliders I don't like as the ball is bobbling everywhere which would be fine for Sunday league but not for Premier league

Hi matt,

I would go in and check the individual instructions and see what type of runs are being set up. Also the difference between playing on balanced to ultra attack are significant both in attitude and amount of runs.

For sliders, run frequency helps to a point, but before you know it each player is making a streaking run, and it becomes less football and more Rocket League.

Am I wrong about that?
I find a higher Run Frequency is very useful give the AI more support and variety in their attack. But you don't want it too high, as Matt said, or it gets a bit crazy. As with all the sliders, there is a sweet spot, and it takes a bit of effort to find your own ideal. I find it best when the AI's Run Frequency slider is such that there is enough movement from their team that you cannot cover all their attackers, but not so much that everyone simply bombs forward whenever they have possession.

Back
Top Bottom