FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

Chuny

-
11 December 2007
Well, I don't know where to put this since there's no FIFA 20 news thread, and it's not worth creating one yet.
BUT!... The FIFA Street game mode within FIFA 20 is almost a fact now.

Well, I don't know where to put this since there's no FIFA 20 news thread, and it's not worth creating one yet.
BUT!... The FIFA Street game mode within FIFA 20 is almost a fact now.
Source please! Also, I've created a new thread for this. ;)

Source please! Also, I've created a new thread for this. ;)

Source would be Twitter I guess, but I trust the people who posted it yesterday.
Plus, it was kind of surprising that several guys were all tweeting about it pretty much during the same time frame. As if someone intentionally leaked this to get people talking about it.

Seen it myself from few sources. Just hope CM will not be completely overlooked in favour of Street mode. Its a cool gimmick but defo wouldnt be my main focus.

I loved FIFA street, im gonna buy it if it has that feature. Hopefully fully online compatible, FUT implemented as well. FIFA is so arcade that a street footy mode would actually suit it.

I heard from a very bad sauce - Think HP Fruity Brown..
That they are going to work on career mode this year and finally fix the fixture issues and competitions rules so they are actually realistic.
Training is going to get an overhaul and the rating you get when simulating is based on the facilities your club have rather than complete randomness, so like a FIFA ages ago you will be able to purchase facilities in Career mode to improve Youth Recruitment, Scouting and Training.

From a reliable source:-
Brammel Lane will be making an appearance - Only one team in Sheffield.

I’ve read and heard that they’re taking career mode very seriously this year seeing as the (awful) Journey is no longer a thing.

I’ve read and heard that they’re taking career mode very seriously this year seeing as the (awful) Journey is no longer a thing.

I'll believe it when i see it. They promised amazing things for years and all we got was crappy negotiations that everyone skipped after the 2nd time.

They already said there's no more Journey.

I hear rumours that it's following Madden's NBA 2K-esque approach and having a player career where you work your way up through the ranks. I'm going by the QB1 mode announced for Madden 20. If it has the depth that, the QB1 mode sounds like it's shaping up to be then it will be interesting to play.

Still, I would much prefer the manager career mode get overhauled. You can't overhaul one without the other though, surely.

I was thinking how I'm getting really tired of the pre-match little skill games and I mostly don't do anything during that time before the match itself loads. So maybe, training mode or the pre-game skill games could actually mean something for the upcoming match.

For example, the pre-match skill games could decide whether a player or the team could perform above or below their average their OVR.
Free-kicks training - If you do well at the pre-match training session, then you can get a few extra points for the upcoming match, if there's a free-kick (of course, that means there should be fouls in the game.......)
Speed/Dribbling training - If you perform well there, you can get a few extra points, your player(s) will feel more agile and focused on 1vs1.

I don't know. I thought it would be a great idea and it might add some pepper to Career mode.

I was thinking how I'm getting really tired of the pre-match little skill games and I mostly don't do anything during that time before the match itself loads. So maybe, training mode or the pre-game skill games could actually mean something for the upcoming match.

For example, the pre-match skill games could decide whether a player or the team could perform above or below their average their OVR.
Free-kicks training - If you do well at the pre-match training session, then you can get a few extra points for the upcoming match, if there's a free-kick (of course, that means there should be fouls in the game.......)
Speed/Dribbling training - If you perform well there, you can get a few extra points, your player(s) will feel more agile and focused on 1vs1.

I don't know. I thought it would be a great idea and it might add some pepper to Career mode.
If im to be honest i wouldnt like to see those pre match mini games affecting any stats. Im skipping them anyways.

Id rather have a stadium slowly filling up with supporters in a background and my own starting 11 just warming up, playing mini games, passing around, dribbling, shooting against my own GK. We could control one random player and just do what we wanted, join few team mates passing around, run around or shoot.

At the same time Im hoping arrow forms will have more effect and will be implemented in more clever way. Im hoping to see arrow down equally often to arrows up - after a bad game, after injury, personal life issue, or due to little play time.

if so... please let me do the pre match stuff without control aids! man! i'm playing full manual in game and these pre match training sessions are always a fully guided mess! ^^

I guess we'll find in just over 2 weeks what's in store for FIFA this year. I really hope that a street mode is added but the rumours have regularly surfaced for the past few fifa games, so at this point that's all they are, just rumours.

Handballs would be a ballsy move (no pun intended) IMHO.
Could get VERY frustrating very quickly!

I think EA will be implementing the VAR just like they implemented the Goal Line Technology. Which means: Just a gimmicky little feature.

Handballs would be a ballsy move (no pun intended) IMHO.
Could get VERY frustrating very quickly!

I think EA will be implementing the VAR just like they implemented the Goal Line Technology. Which means: Just a gimmicky little feature.
I honestly dont know what sort of Fifa18 I played last year, but I had both - fouls and handballs. And they were all nicely balanced. I had it set to handballs except penalties and I was getting quite a few, but not to a point of frustration.
I only played one Career, from the bottom pit of English football, with Cheltenham and I played few seasons all the way up to Premier League. I wasnt a member back then and I didnt read any reviews, but Im still quite shocked when I hear that Fifa has no fouls or hanballs for years now. Honestly dont know what I did to have them.. sliders? My playstyle? Fuck knows, especially that Im playing same way now and Im not getting any. Didnt have a single handball this year..

I think they should focus on more fundamental flaws before properly tackling something as complicated as handballs. Most of the people I've ever heard just (rightfully) hate the way the were implemented in the past.

There are handballs in FIFA 19, but they toned down the frequency compared to earlier games.

I just want the same thing I ask for every year.

Ability to upgrade stadium so that you no longer play in Town Park once you reach the premier league or europe.
Proper competition rules, Football Manager can get this right for 500 leagues in 100 countries, FIFA can't get England right.
The ability to upgrade facilities so that training is not based a random outcome, but on the facilities you currently have.
Same with youth squad, yes 5/5 scouts should be able to find better players, but also Youth players should develop based on the youth facilities of the team.
In fact would like training completely re-vamped, so your training facilities train all players and not just a set 5 you choose to train that week.
It would stop getting a youth player and giving them training every week, so they become an absolute world beater quickly.
More realistic transfers, I should not be able to give Exeter 2 billion and have a Neymar, Ronaldo and Messi up front.
They should develop a FM style system where clubs have a reputation and that only certain players will join certain teams - Also reduce the amount of high profile player transfers. Too often big name players move teams.

I guess my frustrations come from being a massive player of FM, and if I never played FM I wouldn't be so critical of EA.
But SI do a proper job implementing rules and getting things right. EA release the same career mode year after year.

As for gameplay changes, would like to see more CPU fouls and especially bookings.
Stop the super headers on higher skill levels and every team playing TIKA TAKA with 100% accuracy.
Game speed decreased further, so maybe EA could slow it down alot and call it Simulation mode.
Nicky Law should be given a 90+ rating and face put on the front cover.
Auto passing and shooting should be banned from online play.

I just want the same thing I ask for every year.

Ability to upgrade stadium so that you no longer play in Town Park once you reach the premier league or europe.
Proper competition rules, Football Manager can get this right for 500 leagues in 100 countries, FIFA can't get England right.
The ability to upgrade facilities so that training is not based a random outcome, but on the facilities you currently have.
Same with youth squad, yes 5/5 scouts should be able to find better players, but also Youth players should develop based on the youth facilities of the team.
In fact would like training completely re-vamped, so your training facilities train all players and not just a set 5 you choose to train that week.
It would stop getting a youth player and giving them training every week, so they become an absolute world beater quickly.
More realistic transfers, I should not be able to give Exeter 2 billion and have a Neymar, Ronaldo and Messi up front.
They should develop a FM style system where clubs have a reputation and that only certain players will join certain teams - Also reduce the amount of high profile player transfers. Too often big name players move teams.

I guess my frustrations come from being a massive player of FM, and if I never played FM I wouldn't be so critical of EA.
But SI do a proper job implementing rules and getting things right. EA release the same career mode year after year.

As for gameplay changes, would like to see more CPU fouls and especially bookings.
Stop the super headers on higher skill levels and every team playing TIKA TAKA with 100% accuracy.
Game speed decreased further, so maybe EA could slow it down alot and call it Simulation mode.
Nicky Law should be given a 90+ rating and face put on the front cover.
Auto passing and shooting should be banned from online play.
How better a career mode would it be if they learnt from FM! Ah, but it's EA, they're never looking at Career Mode.

EA SPORTS have extended their partnership with LA LIGA until Season 2023-2024.

D7QuncbWkAA3X40

Which is probably when Lionel Messi is going to retire and also the year in which we will all die.

EA SPORTS have extended their partnership with LA LIGA until Season 2023-2024
Good. Hope Bundesliga and Serie A will follow. Konami does fuck all with the licenses anyway. At least EA will look after atmosphere, stadiums and little details.

EDIT: Beaten to it by @Emroth - worth noting that Career Mode and Pro Clubs get a mention! (With no specifics but...)

The first teaser trailer is due sometime next Saturday (June 8th) after it's shown as part of the "EA Play" event.

EDIT: Beaten to it by @Emroth - worth noting that Career Mode and Pro Clubs get a mention! (With no specifics but...)

The first teaser trailer is due sometime next Saturday (June 8th) after it's shown as part of the "EA Play" event.
Haha, sorry pal.
Yeah its good to see Career Mode getting a mention. Even a little bit of love there would be fantastic to see.

Now its the time to start banging the drums about fouls on twitter. This time of the year they are all nice and welcoming, trying to lure you into pre-order of the next one.. ;)

@Chris Davies , did you see that your "new" discovered feature - manual passing - will not be in F20? They are replacing it with some "pass and go" or something..

Back
Top Bottom