FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

Amateur? Isn't that the lowest difficulty?
I'm not sure I understood your post, mate.
My guess - what he meant was - in Matts clip AI was quite bad and did not really try to defend, so if Matts clip was anything above amateur - he will not play it.
Again - thats how I understood it.

Amateur? Isn't that the lowest difficulty?
I'm not sure I understood your post, mate.

In amateur the cpu basically stays out of your way by design. I guess he's saying that this should not happen on higher difficulties. But the way defending works this year this can happen a lot even in world class, in slow speed which is inexplicably broken... And sometimes even on difficulties higher than WC depending on teams and tactics.

Not sure when you bought it, but two weeks after release yes it was pretty bad. We managed to get it playing decent by resetting all player instructions. There have been multiple patch updates since though, and the most recent one is actually decent. Sure, fundamental issues still remain - as they will always be for FIFA - but it has potential.

I'm not trying to convince anyone to get it, simply just staying relevant on findings regarding the topic :) .
Whilst I appreciate the Sliders can help with Offline play (Career Mode). A lot of my time was spent doing co-op season online with a good mate of mine and nothing we can do will fix that broken mess. Too fast Too Furious and Defending is a lost art.

My guess - what he meant was - in Matts clip AI was quite bad and did not really try to defend, so if Matts clip was anything above amateur - he will not play it.
Again - thats how I understood it.

That makes sense. As I said earlier, QPR are a dropback team, so they drop into a shell fairly passively. Felt they defended just fine. CTTs have a big emphasis on the game even more this year.

Do you still reset player instructions now?

I haven't in a while, no. Mainly because testing sliders have to remain objective to what is most likely how majority of users will "plug n play". I imagine it would still play well though.

Whilst I appreciate the Sliders can help with Offline play (Career Mode). A lot of my time was spent doing co-op season online with a good mate of mine and nothing we can do will fix that broken mess. Too fast Too Furious and Defending is a lost art.

Gotcha, yeah that's unfortunate. I can't comment on online play other than Pro Clubs, which is pretty fun for fun's sake.

Hi everyone
I've round good sliders.
Legend/Normal/Semi-Manual

Speed : 28/28
Acceleration : 50/50
Shots mistakes : 55/62
Passes mistakes : 55/62
Shoot speed : 45/45
Passes speed: 28/28
Fréquences injuries : 70/56
Gravity injuries : 20/53
Goal Keeper: 55/50
Positionnement marquage : 57/50
Positionnement frequences des courses : 27/40
Positionnement prof de la ligne def : 60/55
Positionnement etir de la ligne Def : 48/55
Positionnement larg de la ligne def : 51/55
Positionnement montee des arrieres : 49/45
Power Bar : 50
Bad controls : 55/64

Anyone changed cl.ini to increase CPU aggression? Maybe Fidel?
Paulv2k4 has put together a "gameplay realism mod" that does that and other things: Here's the link.

Got to say though I'm not a fan - it does increase AI aggression, but his feature list starts out "less boring games" (huge red flag for me, FIFA's whole ethos is "realism is boring") and - in my experience - it turns the AI into super-fast super-robots (and makes your players' first touch really bad). Wouldn't recommend it unless you can isolate the aggression parts!

Anyone changed cl.ini to increase CPU aggression? Maybe Fidel?

I don't think FIFA 20 uses the cl.ini file anymore.
Died with FIFA 16 I think.

BUT... in Locale.ini there's a line that goes a little something like
PSYCHO KILL = 10000 (or similar, can't quite remember right now)
That makes AI tackle a lot more. Sometimes unnecessarily.

Yeah hacked a good one,people started bombing them with everything,they dont want to say that they fu***d up,also if you check about that thing they promised people for free origin month starting 1st of november 99% of the people still didnt get that free month and its 9november just check their forums
thanks to youtubers and twitch people,and rich people maybe,their Ultimate team is alive and they get money

There's no denying that toxicity in online communities has reached absolutely abhorrent levels in the last few years.

There's no denying that some of the quoted comments sent to EA are disgusting and should result in their EA accounts/Social Media accounts being banned and I would absolutely say that someone sending death threats and vile abuse should be prosecuted for doing so.

There's no denying (IMO) that the way EA have pushed their loot boxes in FUT is despicable and has contributed heavily to the rise in problem gambling with children/young teenagers over the last few years.

There's also no denying that the way EA have treated their own community at times is disgusting, I can speak only as a fan of Career Mode (and previously Manager Mod) but the majority of us that really care about this mode play CM almost exclusively, year on year we pay £50 or whatever solely for one game mode, a game mode that receives little love and attention, and when it does finally receive some attention (I'm thinking Fifa 10 and Fifa 20 in particular) it's released in an absolutely contemptible state, not functioning, riddled with the most ridiculous bugs that are impossible to have not been seen during pre-alpha, beta, etc. etc. and then when we complain about it (and rightly so) we're either hit with a wall or silence or they act like they're doing us a favour in acknowledging these bugs (but woe betide someone report the same bug twice, apparently).

"Do unto others as you would have others do unto you", a message for the Fifa community and a message for EA in how they treat the Fifa community.

Probs off-topic but I post this important quote in this thread cos its born out of FIFA as far as I'm concerned.

When bellends pay to see 2 bellends fighting and the bellends say "lets have a rematch" and bellends then pay again to watch bellends fight, you know the world is full of bellends.

Managed to get my game back with some slider adjustments. Its a fricken wonderful game. The player models can look a bit stiff and gangly but theres no doubting the variety. Had a cracking MLS with LA Galaxy vs Columbus Crew and the CC keeper had a mare. Firstly Zlatan scored a lovely header, then the keeper tries to clear a back pass but it cannons off his defender and into the net, then he lets a shot squirm through his grasp and finally, he misplaces a pass from a back pass to my forward who gets tripped by the defender. It was great. keepers are very good in this but they do make errors too which I like.

Oh and the By Arena stadium is beautiful with all the shadows on.

Back
Top Bottom