FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

@Chuny i posted it few hours ago,the question is why so late reveal by EA?it should have been in august/september

Because this DLC will be released in March.
As you know, PES has the licenses for Boca, River and their stadiums. So I guess their deal ends in February or something, and since FIFA has been released in October, I guess they couldn't make an announcement about a DLC that's coming in 9 months so close to the full game launch date?.

FIFA-20-Match-Day-Live-0-0-LIV-V-TOT-1st-Half.png

Anyone on PS4 know if any stadiums let you zoom out more than this? This is fully zoomed out but it's still too zoomed in. I know older Fifa games the camera views depended on what stadiums you were in.

Anyone on PS4 know if any stadiums let you zoom out more than this? This is fully zoomed out but it's still too zoomed in. I know older Fifa games the camera views depended on what stadiums you were in.

Same case in FIFA 20.

Anfield Road, Old Trafford and a few other stadiums have this particular camera that's different to stadiums like Etihad, Parc Des Princes, etc in which the camera is placed a little further away.

Unfortunately, there's no way to fix that in PS4 nor XBOX.

Same case in FIFA 20.

Anfield Road, Old Trafford and a few other stadiums have this particular camera that's different to stadiums like Etihad, Parc Des Princes, etc in which the camera is placed a little further away.

Unfortunately, there's no way to fix that in PS4 nor XBOX.
Cheers mate will check those two out.

Well I have to admit, I'm really surprised.

In my very first match since the patch, with @Matt10's latest sliders (altered marginally to account for the default match length), I saw loads of stuff that either I'd not really seen before, or that was just *much worse* before.

Normal speed seems a little more sensible, the short pass accuracy is actually a big help if you play on semi passing (like me) and removes the horrible inconsistency (from perfect pass to a terribly underpowered one with the exact same input) it's had since Frostbite was introduced...

I had an enjoyable few games last night and I wasn't expecting to play the game again this year.

Clips below, taken with a phone so sorry for the quality but I don't think my PC is powerful enough to capture on the fly...

What changes have you made from Matt's original sliders?

Do you guys use tactical or legacy defending?
I'm actually thinking about changing to legacy as I really hate the actual defending system. 2nd man pressing makes absolutely no sense anymore for me (or perhaps I am just to crappy). The only thing I would miss with legacy is the button for pulling at your opponent.

I bought the game from CDKeys after my son asked me get it. Money hasn't even left my account yet and I dont like game so wont touch it.
Thats £31 ill not be seeing again!

I played my first game directly in Legendary against PSG. I was Chelsea. Ended up winning 2-0 with only 7 shots for both. Dribbling feels clunky like something is wrong with the inertia. The good players actually stand out and the CPU wasn't that bad. I honestly don't know what's making the game so easy. I will play more and see if anything changes.

I played my first game directly in Legendary against PSG. I was Chelsea. Ended up winning 2-0 with only 7 shots for both. Dribbling feels clunky like something is wrong with the inertia. The good players actually stand out and the CPU wasn't that bad. I honestly don't know what's making the game so easy. I will play more and see if anything changes.
I dont see any inertia in the 3 games i played so far. Putting inertia/footplating in and slowing it down around 25-50% would do wonders for Fifa. Wouldnt fix everything wrong with it but it would improve it dramatically.

For an example of a game that did inertia right. Look no further than FIFA 16. I swear it has to do with Frostbite's limitation or something.
NHL used to do decent inertia/body weight movement. Thats now on Frostbite as well anyone played it? (edit: I have EA access might as well download it myself)

I dont see the engine being the issue here more the programming.

Last edited:
Nhl has inertia/bodyweight so Frostbite is not the issue its certainly design choice. Playing Nhl last night i loved it and took me back to my Megadrive days when id buy it each year it has that "soul" people talk about with PES.

today i wanted to see fut so i played squad battles 6 matches and i wonder guys,how do people defend with tactical defense,i mean on fifa 15/16/17 when i was playing a lot of time FUT it wasnt so hard to play tactical,but on fifa 20 tactical defense is so buggy and its hard to get the ball from AI

Enjoying the game more and more. The slider progress is good, just waiting on console guys to get the most recent patch update as well. In the meantime, thought I'd just post a match on World Class difficulty, with acceleration at 50/52 in favor of the CPU to help with some of the ease that can happen against them. Enjoy.

@Matt10 just watched that vid, the AI just seems to stand off you they never seem to press and only 7 tackles in 90 mins. I know it's not your sliders Itvjust doesn't seem sliders can fix the root of the problem

That happened with me against Liverpool. After I was 1 nil up, I was just passing around the back and the CPU was just watching without any press. In every match, when I score the first goal, I already know i will win it. Also the annoying mud like feeling you get when trying to accelerate with a player is so annoying.

All the sliders in the world won’t make this challenging in career mode and that’s the key issue.

Sure you can whack it on FUMA but the CPU will just watch you, standing still like statues whilst you pass/run past them.

The game in single player is broke.

@Matt10 just watched that vid, the AI just seems to stand off you they never seem to press and only 7 tackles in 90 mins. I know it's not your sliders Itvjust doesn't seem sliders can fix the root of the problem

That's the nature of drop back teams. They just go into a bit of a shell.

Chelsea's a bit more aggressive, and this is on Pro difficulty with acceleration 50/52:

All the sliders in the world won’t make this challenging in career mode and that’s the key issue.

Sure you can whack it on FUMA but the CPU will just watch you, standing still like statues whilst you pass/run past them.

It's not really. It's primarily based on tactics you face up against. Dropback ones have always needed help, even in FIFA 19. Similar to PES all-out defense.

I did notice the CPU was a bit passive in the video although i have not experienced passing or running past them myself.

Maybe as Matt says it’s the tactics. Havent played for a week and a half so once i do i will post a video to show if some teams are more aggressive or not.

Time for a bit of me in here.
I've been playing Fifa for last couple of days in english League 2 with Salford City.

Base of my gameplay were, obviously, @Matt10 sliders, but I tweaked them a bit to suit my settings, difficulty and players.
Basically - I reduced my error a bit, coz Im playing on manual and coming from Pes - Im providing more than enough error myself, without sliders.
It was (and still is) tough to get used to passing and its speed. I need to keep reminding myself to press the button for longer. I underhit a lot of passes and a lot is getting incercepted.

But I do have to say that ball physics is vastly improved in compare to Fifa19. Its still not Pes level, but it doesnt annoy me at all. And once I get to AI penalty box - thats where real fun starts! The amount of different outcomes I have in shooting is just unbelievable.
I never know whats gonna happen! Misskicks are fantastic! Whole different level!

Presentation, immersion, atmosphere - no need to say anything there. We all know how good it is.

Im having much more fun than I ever thought I will have with Fifa.
I feel like I need to rotate my squad, I see smiley or sad faces around.. I feel like a manager of a football club for a change.

Only thing that bugs me a bit is lack of fouls. Most of the time im getting none, or one, in 16mins matches. Those who know me know my little OCD when it comes to fouls.. but maybe its due to me still learning how to play and dribble. Maybe when I get a bit more brave to go head on - I will also see more free kicks.
Maybe its down to difficulty? Professional is not very AI aggressive level..
But even the way it is - it doesnt bother me as much. Besides - physicality is there. Which is sometimes more important than the amount of free kicks.

I've heard a lot of bad things about this years edition and part of me is very glad that Im a shit player on Fifa. I dont find it easy at all. Playing on manual obviously had a lot to do with it, but I have to say - I havent had that much fun in a long time in any CM.

Only thing that bugs me a bit is lack of fouls. Most of the time im getting none, or one, in 16mins matches. Those who know me know my little OCD when it comes to fouls.. but maybe its due to me still learning how to play and dribble. Maybe when I get a bit more brave to go head on - I will also see more free kicks.
But even the way it is - it doesnt bother me as much. Besides - physicality is there. Which is sometimes more important than the amount of free kicks.
Whats the deal with fouls in Fifa? I believe there was none last year and barely any this year. Does the Fifa community request that fouls are not really in the game?

Whats the deal with fouls in Fifa? I believe there was none last year and barely any this year. Does the Fifa community request that fouls are not really in the game?
It's the defending system, IMO. It's incredibly difficult to actually get near a player, so people just back off and back off, packing the box and waiting for the player on the ball to go too close to an AI defender who will just stick a toe out and gain possession for you.

Time for a bit of me in here.
I've been playing Fifa for last couple of days in english League 2 with Salford City.

Base of my gameplay were, obviously, @Matt10 sliders, but I tweaked them a bit to suit my settings, difficulty and players.
Basically - I reduced my error a bit, coz Im playing on manual and coming from Pes - Im providing more than enough error myself, without sliders.
It was (and still is) tough to get used to passing and its speed. I need to keep reminding myself to press the button for longer. I underhit a lot of passes and a lot is getting incercepted.

But I do have to say that ball physics is vastly improved in compare to Fifa19. Its still not Pes level, but it doesnt annoy me at all. And once I get to AI penalty box - thats where real fun starts! The amount of different outcomes I have in shooting is just unbelievable.
I never know whats gonna happen! Misskicks are fantastic! Whole different level!

Presentation, immersion, atmosphere - no need to say anything there. We all know how good it is.

Im having much more fun than I ever thought I will have with Fifa.
I feel like I need to rotate my squad, I see smiley or sad faces around.. I feel like a manager of a football club for a change.

I've heard a lot of bad things about this years edition and part of me is very glad that Im a shit player on Fifa. I dont find it easy at all. Playing on manual obviously had a lot to do with it, but I have to say - I havent had that much fun in a long time in any CM.

Thanks for sharing. Glad the base of the set is working and you can adjust to find something enjoyable.

Fouls are tough to pinpoint. I will say the importance is more so the referee recognition of physical play. That is much better this year than it's been for a while. It's a bit rare to see the obvious fouls not called for advantage or just let go. Sure, it can happen, but it's not as frequent.

I've played on Pro difficulty and it's actually pretty enjoyable. I think I posted a video of it as Brighton v Chelsea, which was fairly challenging in some spots. I've played a lot more Pro and World Class games with my suggested acceleration discrepancy of 50/52 and it continues to bring a challenge.

Overall, still happy with where the gameplay is at, and for all the other important off-the-ball elements/perks you've mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom