FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

That first goal the cross had hardly any pace on it yet the striker managed a header going about 100mph

As i mentioned in a previous post i have learnt to be content with the game. Every footy game i’ve enjoyed in the past has had small or big faults so i am trying to look over those types of things now.

When that header went in i didn’t think “oh that’s really unrealistic” instead i shouted “come on my son!”.

Not sure if you watched the other goals but the CPU one had me replaying it from different angles and my winning header was ‘fist pumpingly’ realistic ;)

question not really related about fifa
Does anyone bought something by cdkeys this last 2-3days?Because i see people complain that they are not sending instant codes,because i want to get fifa 20

question not really related about fifa
Does anyone bought something by cdkeys this last 2-3days?Because i see people complain that they are not sending instant codes,because i want to get fifa 20

They usually send it at most an hour later (in my experience with them). Origin has the same price...at least in the US

For goodness sakes man play manual and with sliders. Fifa is not an easy game manual. It's piss easy on semi and assisted.

Indeed. I'd wager I'm pretty good at FIFA, but I play Career Mode with another person and we both play on manual (except for assisted shooting) and it's no walk in the park. I also use manual jockey and boy, it's more the goals I concede rather than the goals I score. The CPU will just ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ridiculous ball inside the box and score. I have to be on point to get results on such settings.

That first goal the cross had hardly any pace on it yet the striker managed a header going about 100mph
Yeah i found shooting (you would think its the same with headers on goal) had to be dramatically reduced in the sliders, I was going between 43-45. The problem with having sliders range between 1-100 is it's just too many options your forever fiddling about trying to find that perfect number! Needs streamlined imo.

Have to say they are not slow in releasing updates. They are quite transparent in what they adjust too which is good.

Another very slight improvement that I noticed from older versions. I had a good shot in one match and during the break in play the CPU brought a sub on. Normally that would result in the replay not being shown and the substitution being shown instead but to my surprise the replay was being shown as the announcer was announcing the sub.

title update new faces :

249224 Dean Smith (Manager) Aston Villa
222994 Marvelous Nakamba Aston Villa
189099 Jonathan Kodjia Aston Villa
192317 Jed Steer Aston Villa
227678 Konsa Aston Villa
186116 Henri Lansbury Aston Villa

249179 Daniel Farke (Manager) Norwich
211382 Ibrahim Amadou Norwich
239322 Christoph Zimmerman Norwich
198904 Grant Hanley Norwich
244288 Adam Idah Norwich
202017 Onel Hernandez Norwich
177896 Mario Vrancic Norwich

I'm kinda surprised so far. Started a Bayern career as I usually do on newer Fifa, but I immediately dropped it, didn't felt good.

Then started a Samp one (at ultimate of course) and I had three very nice games, even if I lost them all. Lazio beaten me 0-3 in the first one, then I lost 1-0 in a kinda balanced match against Sassuolo, only to be mauled by Napoli for 4-1 in their home.

It's true that there are a lot of flaws and things that periodically break my immersion, but the game feels a lot less "sterile" than 19 and most of all I'm mesmerized by the CPU attacking. I've never had this kind of fun defending in 18-19 (and maybe not even 17). At One point I was running behind Insigne, trying to close him, and I swear I've never felt the ai player ID as strong as in that occasion. No idea how long I'll keep at it but I surely am curious to explore it some more.

I don't know if someone post it before but this is the impact of morale by post :
d94wdppassp31.png

Thanks for sharing!

The variation is really too high for some positions in my opinion.
I get where you're coming from, I don't know if it's realistic, BUT it forces you into difficult decisions when one of your best players' form drops and you have youth players you want to develop. So I'd really like it...

...if it wasn't way too easy to make everyone happy by doing an interview after every game and choosing each "happy" answer. This was always my fear - that this whole press/morale stuff would have the depth of a puddle.

I get where you're coming from, I don't know if it's realistic, BUT it forces you into difficult decisions when one of your best players' form drops and you have youth players you want to develop. So I'd really like it...

...if it wasn't way too easy to make everyone happy by doing an interview after every game and choosing each "happy" answer. This was always my fear - that this whole press/morale stuff would have the depth of a puddle.

Yeah, my concern is more about the boost than the downgrade. I have red that boost makes the game too easy for some. After a week with the game, I find it is just too easy to improve your team morale with interviews. On PC, paul2k4 modded it and interview are way less straightforward.

Last edited:
The interview idea is great on paper and idiotic as it is realized. Another thing that could have an incredible potential. However I think that as it is I'll either ignore it or just roll a virtual dice or something so I could randomly answer badly..

The interview idea is great on paper and idiotic as it is realized. Another thing that could have an incredible potential. However I think that as it is I'll either ignore it or just roll a virtual dice or something so I could randomly answer badly..
The way I do (and know another someone who does the same)
Dont do any interviews after a bad game. Their morale will be going down (as it should). Only do interviews after a good game, which will boost your morale prior next game. Works pretty cool this way.

So i've almost got my sliders where I want them but i need the CPU to be a little more aggressive in the tackle and tighter in defence. Any tips @Matt10 or anyone?

So i've almost got my sliders where I want them but i need the CPU to be a little more aggressive in the tackle and tighter in defence. Any tips @Matt10 or anyone?

Raise acceleration to start, that will improve their close down rate. I'm personally playing 52/52 acceleration, and the CPU respects the user's close down rate as well. This tightens up the entire pitch as a result.

Another thing you can do is raise height for the CPU, which will push their entire lines forward, and thus overlap the user's. This won't improve aggression necessarily, but rather fill in some gaps that may be missing.

As always, verify the CPU's team tactics to see if they are a dropback team or not. Dropback teams are highly passive until the top of the box essentially.

i know this is not "PC" thread,this is more active thread so if you are guys playing sometimes Pro clubs evoweb team or whatever it is called :)) ,or wanna play friendly add me on origin Versyta123

Raise acceleration to start, that will improve their close down rate. I'm personally playing 52/52 acceleration, and the CPU respects the user's close down rate as well. This tightens up the entire pitch as a result.

Another thing you can do is raise height for the CPU, which will push their entire lines forward, and thus overlap the user's. This won't improve aggression necessarily, but rather fill in some gaps that may be missing.

As always, verify the CPU's team tactics to see if they are a dropback team or not. Dropback teams are highly passive until the top of the box essentially.
Thanks so much mate!

Well its better than that linear garbage in the other thread. Been having some wonderful matches.
Too much ice hockey with trash physics most of the time to be saying that..
I have and play both games so i can tell for myself.
At least that other ''garbage'' game kinda looks and feels like football.
Anyone who has played some football in their lives can tell.

Well its better than that linear garbage in the other thread. Been having some wonderful matches.

Too much ice hockey with trash physics most of the time to be saying that..
I have and play both games so i can tell for myself.
At least that other ''garbage'' game kinda looks and feels like football.
Anyone who has played some football in their lives can tell.

Hello. I come from the future, and I saw this little debate of yours will inevitably only end one way if you keep going.
So stop and forget about it. This ain't no dick-measuring contest, otherwise I would've brought my own measuring stick.

Back
Top Bottom