FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

I know we're not supposed to get excited about these things but hell.... YAY! PAREDES! :D I recently bought him for my INTER Career.

1579002939803.png
1579002957167.png

Great FIFA patch.

Easier dribbling and shooting on target.
Just what the Youtubers/FUT wanted.
Also, it breaks the Frostbite modding tool on PC. But apparently (according to its creator, the guy who now works for EA) it's a coincidence and it'll be fixed soon...

anyone think ultimate difficulty is more challenging in cm after the update?
just got beaten by 4:0
never happen to me before in any fifa,
maybe just because I stopped playing fifa for a month until today

anyone think ultimate difficulty is more challenging in cm after the update?
just got beaten by 4:0
never happen to me before in any fifa,
maybe just because I stopped playing fifa for a month until today
That is in the changelog as one of the new fixes (on PC, don't think it's out on consoles yet).

Personally I can't beat World Class in the Championship, and I think they play enough psychic laser-guided football on Ultimate as it was - but a lot of people still found it too easy, so good on them.

Also, it breaks the Frostbite modding tool on PC. But apparently (according to its creator, the guy who now works for EA) it's a coincidence and it'll be fixed soon...

This is the trouble with modding on fifa PC - every mod breaks after an update.
Bang goes my world club champions badges!

That is in the changelog as one of the new fixes (on PC, don't think it's out on consoles yet).

Personally I can't beat World Class in the Championship, and I think they play enough psychic laser-guided football on Ultimate as it was - but a lot of people still found it too easy, so good on them.
I personally find world class (with my sliders) tougher than ULT,weirdly enough!
Don't know if the scripting favours the CPU more or if my players gets a bit watered down on it.
Can't really find a decent balance between off/defence (one off them being shit the super sharp)

All mods will be working again within a week.
I'd say a lot sooner than that, but one week tops.

too bad they didnt mention when you skip one of the Premier League overlay and it just gets stuck there (the green menu). Only way to fix is to restart the game.
It would be nice if they also made the tables look more realistic. im halfway in the season and the top 4 teams have lost a total of 2 games.

new faces added in update :

Millonarios FC:

Felipe Román
Felipe Banguero
Fabián González
Breiner Paz
Ramiro Sánchez
Oscar Barreto
Stiven Vega
Omar Bertel
José Moreno
Carlos López
Juan Moreno

Racing :

N. Domínguez
E. Mena
M. Rojas
M. Zaracho
D. Barbona
J. López
L. Orbán
J. García
D. González
M. Martínez
E. Cardozo

Independiente :

A. Barboza
S. Palacios
D. Blanco
P. Pérez
S. Romero
C. Chávez
M. Benítez
J. Miño
M. Álvarez
F. Pizzini
A. Velasco

CD Universidad Católica :

Raimundo Rebolledo
Germán Lanaro
Benjamín Kuscevic
José Fuenzalida
Ignacio Saavedra
Sebastián Sáez
Diego Valencia
Carlos Lobos
Valber Huerta
Cristopher Toselli
César Munder
Diego Buonanotte

As Roma:

Riccardi
Mirante
Fuzato
Antonucci

PSG:

Paredes
Choupo-Moting

Said and done. Almost as if I knew...

Frosty Toolsuite has already been reworked to enable compatibility with the latest update and will be released soon.
All fruits ripe.

Good it is all working again.
Now Paul2K will need to update his files to work with the latest patch.

I didn't update my game yesterday.
And I'm not even sure I want to update it. But unfortunately, I'm going to have to do it eventually in order to update my Mod and re-release it.

What is the overall opinion on this title update?
Ultimate is much harder, but not in a realistic way. CPU gets more shots on target as expected. Dribbling is more free. There is a lot of defensive aggression too. It can still be passive on Legendary and below though.

I was using my settings on Ultimate, and got thrashed 6-0 by the 25th minute as Norwich vs Palace. They did not miss the target once.

Unfortunately if you look at the career mode and FIFA reddit, this is what most wanted. They wanted Ultimate to be harder, well they got it. Careful what you wish for.

Other than Ultimate though, Legendary, for me, is still playing just fine. Quite enjoyable actually. Sure I have to lay off the right analog stick so the CPU doesn't give up when they're chasing me - but still, it's a blast.

Just played a few more games, so how much my opinion changed.

The game has certainly got much better since initial release.

However since Matt10 mentioned how difficult Ultimate is, I thought I would have to give it a go.
It is ridiculous, the CPU wins every header and every shot is on target and a goal.
But worse thing every single player seems to have 99 for pace and acceleration.
I was 4-0 down after 30 minutes as Arsenal against Man Utd.

Last edited:
I 100% agree ultimate in cm is crazy right now
I got beaten 4:0 in my first match after stopped playing for one month
I was thinking it could be that I just got worse
but no!
I kept playing more games on ultimate and it is just ridiculous now
my mbappe can't out pace ai anymore, ai is too clinical on finishing, they are way too overpowered in almost every part of the game now
I lost every single game after this update and the scoreline were all 3:0,4:0 or even more!
I may not be a good player but I never lost to ai in any fifa game like that
ultimate difficulty in cm is unplayable for me now, I think I have to change to legendary difficulty

I updated and played the game with no mods and the same set of sliders.
Not sure whether it was cos I was tired or not in the mood but the players felt even lighter and slow felt fast.
Need frosty fixed ASAP!

Defensive headers on this game are a joke - every cleared header from a corner goes to the halfway line!

wow i think they made this ultimate like it was PES years ago,its hard to Dribble,if you try to tackle them they somehow know and they move left/right,if you try to counter attack them,they defend perfect even if you are 3v1 or 4v1 situation,its challenging and in the same time too overpowered

I updated and played the game with no mods and the same set of sliders.
Not sure whether it was cos I was tired or not in the mood but the players felt even lighter and slow felt fast.
Need frosty fixed ASAP!

Defensive headers on this game are a joke - every cleared header from a corner goes to the halfway line!
Yeah..except from some nice shooting animations with good trajectories,most of the other physics in general in this game are indeed a fucking joke.Most pathetic ones must be these really unrealistic defensive headers and when the cpu attempts to cross the ball from a free kick.These balls look mental lol.

Going into the team tactics and resetting player instructions to default has helped calm down Ultimate difficulty for me. The odd thing is that just doing this once has made all the games on Ultimate balanced again. Could be a placebo, but we had this issue on other difficulties earlier on in FIFA 20, and actually recommended it for the FIFA 20 sliders at the time. In addition, it was recently marked as a solution by EA_Andy on EA's Answer HQ:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CPU-Defending/m-p/8231837#M824

Another patch for FIFA - 724MB.

UPDATE:-
We have resolved a visual only issue that was introduced in the previous title update, which caused pack probabilities to not display properly.
Pack probabilities should now display as normal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom