FIFA 20 Discussion (PC Version)

I tried earlier but I could not start my game. Should I have started origin offline right from the beginning, like logging with internet turned off?

I can't remember right now.
But I think I used to set Origin to Offline. Then Close Origin. Clear Origin's cache. Start Origin Offline again.
Run Frosty and launch the game from there.

I tried earlier but I could not start my game. Should I have started origin offline right from the beginning, like logging with internet turned off?

Ideally yes but you can just hover the mouse in the top corner of origin and as soon as it allows you to click Origin/Go Offline click it and that should take you offline before the update check, also of course make sure "update automatically" is disabled.

I can't remember right now.
But I think I used to set Origin to Offline. Then Close Origin. Clear Origin's cache. Start Origin Offline again.
Run Frosty and launch the game from there.

Just to continue a bit on that topic.
With this method, in theory I should be able to play the game updated and whenever I want I can switch to an older version I backed up as long as I keep Origin offline and I clear Origin cache before, right?

The latest gameplay mod that Paul has just released yesterday was pretty much the best gameplay patch ever. For once, I have played like 6 matches in a row and every match being 9 mins half. I couldn't stop playing because every team is playing differently and every player is playing differently. The variety is immense. If we could just improve the animation somehow, it would be perfect.

The latest gameplay mod that Paul has just released yesterday was pretty much the best gameplay patch ever. For once, I have played like 6 matches in a row and every match being 9 mins half. I couldn't stop playing because every team is playing differently and every player is playing differently. The variety is immense. If we could just improve the animation somehow, it would be perfect.

I find that it's unplayable because you literally can't use the B button when defending. Even if you tap the button and brush your arm against the opposition, it results in a yellow card more often than not. It's completely over-the-top.

Last edited:

Is that the total conversion mod? Version 1 Alpha 4?

I just checked and unable to download that one yet, might have to update my subscription to the higher tier.

Is that the total conversion mod? Version 1 Alpha 4?

I just checked and unable to download that one yet, might have to update my subscription to the higher tier.

It's version 1.5.5 that was released pretty recently. @Redhat it also fixed the pulling bug that always results in yellow card for me personally.

It's version 1.5.5 that was released pretty recently. @Redhat it also fixed the pulling bug that always results in yellow card for me personally.

Ah, my mistake. Thought the one I had was the latest. If it fixed the pulling bug then I'm onboard.

Do you need to use the Total Conversion Mod + The Career mod at the same time?

Which other mods do people use?

You don't need to use them both no but I'd recommend it if you play career mode.

These are the ones I use:

1576513395466.png

Only really the three main ones AIO for fixing the licenses and then Paul's two, the other ones such as graphics mod/faces are subjective and I have a couple of my own thrown into the mix to remove a couple of annoyances like the CM fog of war etc :)

Tried the latest gameplay mod last night by Paulv2k4, still a mess of a game.

My enjoyment level was zero, it was predictable.
CPU plays with pin point accuracy with passing and shots.

I will just give up now been 3/4 months from release and the game is still a complete turd.
You can polish it all you like with placebos of gameplay changes, but at the end of the day it is still a slightly shiny turd.

I am just really disappointed as there are only two football games on the market and both of them are incredibly disappointing and this year don't supply any joy.

Just wanted to post some moments I have had with Paul's gameplay mod. The stats really play a key role on the outcome of every situation.

This passer has 98 short passing attribute. The attacker has 94 acceleration and 98 sprint speed:
This player has 99 dribbling, 98 ball control, 98 acceleration and 99 sprint:

The mod improves the smoothness of animation and really allows player individuality to shine. Every match feels different. If you have PC, definitely try his mod out especially now that the latest version is out for public.

Paulv2k4 just released his latest career mod, quite mindblowing!

Hi all,
Welcome to my first of many editions of what will eventually become Version 1.6. Please provide as much feedback as possible and this is all about making the great balanced mod for all. The full version will be something different with added content and will arrive at a different date.
# Version 1.6
THIS VERSION IS BY NO MEANS A FINAL VERSION AND SUBJECT TO CHANGE. PLEASE BE AWARE OF THIS BEFORE USING.
*** The Lite Version ***
- The lite version removes the licensed Juventus (which will be added in a different mod and FULL mod, if you are looking for a quick fix, please look up one of the many other mods which add this in! Do NOT use FIFER realism mod with mine! Mods that come to mind are EEP, FIP and Muzzley's AIO!).
- The lite version now includes my finances (finances are being tweaked to be entertaining and realistic)
- The lite version now includes my transfers (transfers are being tweaked to be entertaining and realistic)
## UI
- On request of a user, added "Make Manual Transfer" to the UI so you can manually move players to other teams in Career Mode
- On request of a user, added "Edit other team sheets" to the UI so you can manually change or check opposition team sheets before a match
## CPU v CPU
- On request of a user, CPU v CPU matches is now available in Career Mode

## Match Simulation and League Tables
- Match simulation has been revisited and now been developed against the latest EA Squad file (rather than my personal changes to the initial DB).
- Teams now end the season with points very close the the 18/19 season (the only final tally we know is correct).

## AI Team Selection
- AI now selects thier first eleven based on OVR, match importance and fitness (rather than just OVR in previous versions, this is work in progress)

## Match Importance
- Match importance has been overhauled to reflect realistic importance per each match. AI will now treat cup matches against vs poor teams differently to league matches

## AI Transfers
- The AI transfers has been increased while making sure stacking doesn't happen ( please let me know if stacking does occur. I haven't checked all teams and random instances. )
- The AI will fill empty positions ( for example Spurs will fill the spot behind Harry Kane )
- The AI will actively try to improve the OVR of their team

## Player Growth
- Player growth has been slowed from 1.5.6
- Player OVR growth will no longer randomly "jump" several OVR at certain points of the season

## Dynamic Potential
- Players can now grow or drop in potential dependant on the their ratings throughout the season
- The highest amount of potential difference that can be affected is 7 (So like Tammy Abraham this season, the potential of a player like him can get a +1 increase)
- A player who scores low in the season will get a reduction in potential, so be sure to play and get good ratings for your high potential players

## Finances
### Remaining Budget to next season now does not take account your manager rating (which is dumb anyway, is should use the profitability of the club).
- Remaining Budget to next season now works in the following way:
- Those with a budget of over 100m left will receive an extra 30m for the next season
- Those with a budget of over 50m left will receive an extra 20m for the next season
- Those with a budget of over 10m left will receive an extra 5m for the next season
- Those with a budget of over 5m left will receive an extra 700k for the next season
### Prize Money to next season now does not take account your manager rating
- Remaining Budget to the next season now works in the following way:
- Those with a prize money of over 75m left receive an extra 22.5m for the next season
- Those with a prize money of over 50m left receive an extra 22.5m for the next season
- Those with a prize money of over 10m left receive an extra 10m for the next season
- Those with a prize money of over 5m left receive an extra 4m for the next season
### Sold Player Value to Budget
- You will now receive the following added to your budget from players sold in the following way:
- Teams with a high profitability will receive 50% of the transfer value
- Teams with a medium profitability will receive 75% of the transfer value
- Teams with a low profitability will receive 100% of the transfer value

Sounds great, maybe I should buy the game this year after all.

Are his releases still behind a paywall and which versions of his career and gameplay mod you recommend?

Interesting news from Paulv2k4:

FIFA 20 Career Realism Mod DLL work
In the background of doing the traditional modding through Frosty , I have been hard at work at trying to get additional features in to our Careers. This week I managed the first step to it and created the DLL which allowed me to Request Funds, process it dependant on criteria I set (not using the internal broken EA screen) and add it to your Transfer Budget. It works fantastically well! But it's done through a keypress. So, the plan is to create an overlay (like you see when using Steam/Origin/GOG/Discord etc) with additional menu options. Next step after that is I'll be adding additional financial features to your Career Mode like setting your own Ticket, Food and Drink, Concessions & Kits Prices (a bit like NHL has). This is extremely difficult work but I think rewarding! An extra ideas are welcome. I will let you know if it is possible or not.

Back
Top Bottom