FIFA 20 Volta mode vs Fifa Street 4 (2012, PS3/X360).....it turns out much better than expected....

dazzer169

League 2
13 April 2008
Liverpool
I was a big fan of FIFA STREET 4 (PS3/X360, the 2012 version), and recently the RPCS3 PS3 emulator allowed us to use our PS3 disk of FIFA STREET 4 to be able to emulate the game on PC................in shiny stunning 4K...

So recently, ahead of FIFA 20's demo, I had been playing FIFA STREET 4 a lot in its surprisingly beautiful 4K mode via the RPCS3 emulator to get in the mood for the upcoming Volta, and I started noting down the skill moves that the CPU AI were capable of pulling off, as I wanted to compare them to the CPU AI attempts at skill moves in FIFA 20's Volta.

Typically.............during the FIFA 20 Beta stage, all the YouTube uploaded videos, and the usual streamers, posted videos of them "having to beat the Amateur AI" so as not to spoil their "reputations"..........this meant to view the CPU AI in action, we were only able to witness some fuddy duddy Amateur AI in action in Volta, and it made Volta look very lame indeed against the CPU AI...

So, along comes the demo, and now the trial, of FIFA 20...................and I have been noting down the very same kind of things, i.e. the CPU AI skill moves that we witness when playing against it (ok, hands up, I am a big CPU vs CPU kinda guy, I love to look at AI innovations as the years go by...), and boy, are we in for a treat.

Those who thought FIFA Street was not being presented with an "update" within FIFA 20 can be mistaken, because although a few of the top top skills from FIFA Street havent been witnessed by me in the CPU AI in Volta as yet, I can honestly say my A4 piece of paper with my handwritten "Waka Waka, Taekondo Pass, One Foot Roulette, Rainbow Back Heel Pass, Neymar Special Rainbow Flick, Ball Hop Pass, and Tornado Pass" etc etc has filled up so quickly with all the skills I have witnessed, and I can state right now that the level of skills and the organic movement of the players, as well as the organic ball physics in Volta, has taken me by massively pleasant surprise, after labouring through witnessing the Amateur AI as "presented by the FIFA 20 Beta test 'experts' " on Youtube in recent months.

FIFA 20 Volta................is damn good. It may be dismissed by many and I can understand why, but please give it a go and you will start to see what I mean...

I seriously advise, as a one-off, and even though most want to keep playing, setting it in Volta mode as CPU vs CPU in Legendary AI level to watch Brazil vs Brazil in any of the Volta 3v3, 4v4, Futsal etc modes.....its awesome, organic, and has real depth in terms of the AI logic. Make sure Neymar and Cointra are in the CPU AI team, the game picks random players so just go out and in a few times until those 2 are in the Brazil team.

I might even try out the main FIFA 20 game soon...................

Last edited:
I’m currently undefeated in Volta having won all 3 games I’ve played. Has been quite fun to play. They should have made coop season or something though.

Do you know if it is possible to play an onlibe game of Volta with normal teams? Instead of the street clothing? Would also be good if you could turn off the background music while you play and just have sound effects.

I was a big fan of FIFA STREET 4 (PS3/X360, the 2012 version), and recently the RPCS3 PS3 emulator allowed us to use our PS3 disk of FIFA STREET 4 to be able to emulate the game on PC................in shiny stunning 4K...

So recently, ahead of FIFA 20's demo, I had been playing FIFA STREET 4 a lot in its surprisingly beautiful 4K mode via the RPCS3 emulator to get in the mood for the upcoming Volta, and I started noting down the skill moves that the CPU AI were capable of pulling off, as I wanted to compare them to the CPU AI attempts at skill moves in FIFA 20's Volta.

Typically.............during the FIFA 20 Beta stage, all the YouTube uploaded videos, and the usual streamers, posted videos of them "having to beat the Amateur AI" so as not to spoil their "reputations"..........this meant to view the CPU AI in action, we were only able to witness some fuddy duddy Amateur AI in action in Volta, and it made Volta look very lame indeed against the CPU AI...

So, along comes the demo, and now the trial, of FIFA 20...................and I have been noting down the very same kind of things, i.e. the CPU AI skill moves that we witness when playing against it (ok, hands up, I am a big CPU vs CPU kinda guy, I love to look at AI innovations as the years go by...), and boy, are we in for a treat.

Those who thought FIFA Street was not being presented with an "update" within FIFA 20 can be mistaken, because although a few of the top top skills from FIFA Street havent been witnessed by me in the CPU AI in Volta as yet, I can honestly say my A4 piece of paper with my handwritten "Waka Waka, Taekondo Pass, One Foot Roulette, Rainbow Back Heel Pass, Neymar Special Rainbow Flick, Ball Hop Pass, and Tornado Pass" etc etc has filled up so quickly with all the skills I have witnessed, and I can state right now that the level of skills and the organic movement of the players, as well as the organic ball physics in Volta, has taken me by massively pleasant surprise, after labouring through witnessing the Amateur AI as "presented by the FIFA 20 Beta test 'experts' " on Youtube in recent months.

FIFA 20 Volta................is damn good. It may be dismissed by many and I can understand why, but please give it a go and you will start to see what I mean...

I seriously advise, as a one-off, and even though most want to keep playing, setting it in Volta mode as CPU vs CPU in Legendary AI level to watch Brazil vs Brazil in any of the Volta 3v3, 4v4, Futsal etc modes.....its awesome, organic, and has real depth in terms of the AI logic. Make sure Neymar and Cointra are in the CPU AI team, the game picks random players so just go out and in a few times until those 2 are in the Brazil team.

I might even try out the main FIFA 20 game soon...................
Where in the Volta menu can you pick teams and match type? I can't find it.

Sorry, can we create a team like pes20 with logo and shirts, to play futsal league in Fifa 20?

Only in the trial or full game can you pick real teams and sort out how you want to play it.

For multiplayer, please look elsewhere, but anyone wanting to join me in analyzing the CPU AI and the organicness of the skills it performs, please read on...

(below is mostly re: the FIFA 20 trial version, I started analyzing CPU AI skill moves on the demo, but using the trial meant I could witness CPU AI Neymar in action..............)

Volta has many more skills in total (compared to our favourite FIFA STREET 4, 2012, PS3/X360 version) that I can see the CPU perform, I am compiling a spreadsheet with the results, there are currently around 125 skill moves that FIFA 20 has within it, and I have been ticking off (whilst only in Volta mode) every time i see a CPU skill move come off or an attempt at one, and the organic nature of the ball physics and skill move process means that sometimes they move a foot to attempt one but miss the ball completely, which I like to see happening as it adds massively to the believability of it. Believability in my spell checker not being a real word it appears.........

We ideally need a FIFA modder such as Fidel from soccergaming to inject an adjustable camera into Volta for the replays, it would really help here as a big part of my tests is capturing 4k videos of the skill moves and comparing them to each other (comparing a particular CPU skill move attempt to other attempts of the same named skill moves, many of them showing they play out differently each time which is what we want to see)....and sadly my Cheat Engine camera adjustments (the Broadcast Camera height/zoom adjuster) do nothing within Volta as there are no custom setting sliders, it has just a fixed angle gameplay camera and a fixed angle replay camera........arrghhhh!!!!

Anyway, I don't play the game (yes, how bizarre!), I just sit and watch CPU vs CPU but I can assure everyone that there are many more skill moves in this if you give it time and witness them (setting CPU/CPU as PSG vs LA Galaxy does wonders here as Neymar and Zlatan wreck havoc and skill move all over the place, with their obvious flair/5 star skill move status's), especially regarding "flair" passes lots of which incorporate "Rainbow" or "Ball Hop" into them, which FIFA STREET 4 (2012), which I loved for many years, didn't have in it in terms of "Rainbow Pass Backwards" or "Rainbow Pass Forwards" as just two examples.

And as great as the ball physics seemed in FIFA STREET 4, close examination of Volta is proof that greater mathematics are in play regarding how this has been coded organically...this Volta has some seriously technically well done new skill moves in it, a particular favourite being the "Fancy Lob 90 (Dragback Pass Lob)" where its a kind of lofted up high Hocus Pocus/Rabonna ball with sidespin pass..............and each video capture of it has different organic ball path in the process between the footwork, and the angle and ballspin of the lobbed pass to a teammate. Jumpers for Goalposts? Marvellous!

The individual skill moves that dont involve the ball being pinged to a team mate seem less in Volta than in FIFA Street, but Volta has so many more unique and organic skills/tricks going on with the CPU AI, where they are also having to deal with the clearly more advanced ball physics affecting the moves they are attempting (see the missing the ball completely example above).

I will upload my detailed spreadsheet on here sometime soon.

If anyone wants to know how to get the original FIFA STREET 4, 2012 PS3 version working in a PC PS3 emulator at 2160/4K smooth resolution, please priv message me on here.

Its late at night here so apologies if my whole post or parts of it above make no sense, let me know if so and I will re-word it tomorrow!

Love to all my fellow FIFA/PES gamers!

Last edited: A moment ago

Only in the trial or full game can you pick real teams and sort out how you want to play it.

For multiplayer, please look elsewhere, but anyone wanting to join me in analyzing the CPU AI and the organicness of the skills it performs, please read on...

(below is mostly re: the FIFA 20 trial version, I started analyzing CPU AI skill moves on the demo, but using the trial meant I could witness CPU AI Neymar in action..............)

Volta has many more skills in total (compared to our favourite FIFA STREET 4, 2012, PS3/X360 version) that I can see the CPU perform, I am compiling a spreadsheet with the results, there are currently around 125 skill moves that FIFA 20 has within it, and I have been ticking off (whilst only in Volta mode) every time i see a CPU skill move come off or an attempt at one, and the organic nature of the ball physics and skill move process means that sometimes they move a foot to attempt one but miss the ball completely, which I like to see happening as it adds massively to the believability of it. Believability in my spell checker not being a real word it appears.........

We ideally need a FIFA modder such as Fidel from soccergaming to inject an adjustable camera into Volta for the replays, it would really help here as a big part of my tests is capturing 4k videos of the skill moves and comparing them to each other (comparing a particular CPU skill move attempt to other attempts of the same named skill moves, many of them showing they play out differently each time which is what we want to see)....and sadly my Cheat Engine camera adjustments (the Broadcast Camera height/zoom adjuster) do nothing within Volta as there are no custom setting sliders, it has just a fixed angle gameplay camera and a fixed angle replay camera........arrghhhh!!!!

Anyway, I don't play the game (yes, how bizarre!), I just sit and watch CPU vs CPU but I can assure everyone that there are many more skill moves in this if you give it time and witness them (setting CPU/CPU as PSG vs LA Galaxy does wonders here as Neymar and Zlatan wreck havoc and skill move all over the place, with their obvious flair/5 star skill move status's), especially regarding "flair" passes lots of which incorporate "Rainbow" or "Ball Hop" into them, which FIFA STREET 4 (2012), which I loved for many years, didn't have in it in terms of "Rainbow Pass Backwards" or "Rainbow Pass Forwards" as just two examples.

And as great as the ball physics seemed in FIFA STREET 4, close examination of Volta is proof that greater mathematics are in play regarding how this has been coded organically...this Volta has some seriously technically well done new skill moves in it, a particular favourite being the "Fancy Lob 90 (Dragback Pass Lob)" where its a kind of lofted up high Hocus Pocus/Rabonna ball with sidespin pass..............and each video capture of it has different organic ball path in the process between the footwork, and the angle and ballspin of the lobbed pass to a teammate. Jumpers for Goalposts? Marvellous!

The individual skill moves that dont involve the ball being pinged to a team mate seem less in Volta than in FIFA Street, but Volta has so many more unique and organic skills/tricks going on with the CPU AI, where they are also having to deal with the clearly more advanced ball physics affecting the moves they are attempting (see the missing the ball completely example above).

I will upload my detailed spreadsheet on here sometime soon.

If anyone wants to know how to get the original FIFA STREET 4, 2012 PS3 version working in a PC PS3 emulator at 2160/4K smooth resolution, please priv message me on here.

Its late at night here so apologies if my whole post or parts of it above make no sense, let me know if so and I will re-word it tomorrow!

Love to all my fellow FIFA/PES gamers!

Last edited: A moment ago

Cpu vs cpu isn't exactly my cup of tea, but love the passion you talk about it all!

Just wish there was a serious career/league mode in which you could just play indoor futsal. I would buy the game just for that but it seems there just is that gimmicky storyline stuff :( .

By the way I'd love to try Fifa Street 4 but I think I don't have a pc powerful enough to emulate Ps3. Maybe when I'll buy a new one :D !

Back
Top Bottom