FIFA 2006 PC

As I said in the other thread the videos are promising. I don't think, from the looks of things that it will have the in depth gameplay (YET!) - but the engine and the gameplay now looks solid and fluid enough to be a good game in it's own right and I am really pysched about a decent contender for the throne. If not in this ititeration then the next.

Look I absolutely hate the FIFA franchise, but even I can notice the game looks more than worthy of our attention.

It doesn't look like a simulation though at all and there is still a lot of old FIFA in the code as is evidenced when viewing it - but still....

Nets look just as shit to me and thats a fundemental part of the gameplay. makes you feel like youve scored. I will try it as I do every year, hoping for a better game.

I got a free FIFA 06 DVD with my Official Xbox Mag this month and on the front it says exclusive license. I presume that kicks konami in the balls for the premiership license, the DVD has even got highlights of last seasons premiership on it. Don't hold your breath for more licenses in PES 5.

It looks improved, but the worst thing I've noticed is the computer A.I. It doesn't look all that impressive, actually looks kind of dumb.

I'd love to turn out better than winning eleven, but it won't for the next few years at least.

Milanista said:
How do you know if youve never played Fifa 2006?
FIFA is like groundhog day - same old promotional hype year after year about new features and so on, yet the gameplay is poor. It's been like this for the last 6 years...

I used to play FIFA up until FIFA 2003 which had to be the most bug-ridden football game ever, FIFA 2004 and 2005 hasn't really developed much from that and to be honest I can see FIFA 2006 being yet another definition of "seasonal update". €A don't bother improving the gameplay so much, because the licences and stuff make it sell, because their marketing is so good, and poor saps fall for their promotional blackmail every time.

Last edited by a moderator:
AS I said in the other Fifa 06 thread, it looks crap, he players seem to fast with all the trickes, looks arcadey, wow more leagues seeing as online the only teams used were AC, Inter, Real, Arsenal, Chelsea, Barcelona and Man U, till I played it and was Saints, the only things that are better than PES is the pitch, crowd ambience, atmosphere, league style, and commentary.

this game's dribbling is fookin retarded, i mean whats real about this game to like ?

Just ashamed that Ronaldinho is on the cover of this crappy game, Henry was much smarter. I think that when he gave 2004 a shot he got so scared of the Gameplay and the animations that swore to never be on the cover of a Fifa again.
€A stop embarrassing football fans with your games.

I gave Fifa and EA alot of my money, infact I've waited 6 years for a good Fifa and still none, 1 year just isnt enough for talentless developers at EA to create a whole new engine worthy of playing, this is EA for crying out loud.

Even SEGA developed a better American Football game than EA has with its whole time with Madden and look what this pathetic company has done, buys out the NFL license, I hope EA goes bankrupt one day.

I always find that the pre-release videos look great for FIFA, and get very excited about the new game. However, each time, I have just found the gameplay too boring to play it for more than a week. The main problem is I find FIFA far more scripted than WE9. Of course, I do not so much mean that there are AI routines running... as this is necessary.. it's more a case of FIFA lacking the "unique" goal or "unpredictable" nature of football, e.g. a deflected shot looping over the GK... this i see in WE9 and i have to put up my hand and say "Bloody brilliant job!"

I really hope I am wrong this year. Konami needs competition to push WE even further.

FIFA really does have everything (including overly brash presentation), licences, etc... but they need to improve the gameplay... i hope they succeed... for the neutral's sake

I bet a fiver that the F*FA demo will be pushed back to a later date and an excuse posted on SG, it happens every year! :lol:

ive read in a dutch magazine(they are no fifa fans, they like pes) where they have played some time with fifa2006 that they thought it was a completely new game. I read that they copied the we/pes controls completely. And i also read it didnt felt scripty anymore, but he also said he played too short to completely confirm that.
Its produced now by japanese and it said they didnt want the action soccer anymore so they are trying to make it like chess now.

It all sounds good, especially now that japanes produce the game, they know how to make soccer games. I dont think fifa2006 will be better than we/pes. But im sure fifa finally found the right track

Shame that the demo doesn't seem to run on my comp. The controls keep moving by themselves even with the pad plugged out. I can't even select a team. Bugged before it has even started.

waste of download.

MasterM said:
ive read in a dutch magazine(they are no fifa fans, they like pes) where they have played some time with fifa2006 that they thought it was a completely new game. I read that they copied the we/pes controls completely. And i also read it didnt felt scripty anymore, but he also said he played too short to completely confirm that.
Its produced now by japanese and it said they didnt want the action soccer anymore so they are trying to make it like chess now.

It all sounds good, especially now that japanes produce the game, they know how to make soccer games. I dont think fifa2006 will be better than we/pes. But im sure fifa finally found the right track

yeah i read that in the Power Unlimited too :D

(geweldige preview, geeft vertrouwen..! demo speelt kut? weet jij de controls settings voor ps2 joypad?)

grtz

Untucked Shirts, from the recent FIFA webchat.......

DazWaldron07 - will there be an option to have tucked and un-tucked shirts?

Marcel EA - We won't support untacked shirts as it is a rule in soccer to have you shirt tucked in at all time...part of the "uniform"...

Wasn't that "law" actually repealed quite some time ago after it was considered quite frankly stupid and petty? Looking at the laws on the FIFA (not the game the governing body) website there is no mention of shirts having to be tucked in........

http://www.fifa.com/documents/fifa/laws/LOTG2005_e.pdf

I don't even think EA's FIFA people know any rules about football.. they just make the game to make money.

2 Many PES Fanboys around I see :) FIFA This Year isnt actually that bad from what ive played so far in fact it plays a rather decent game of football which makes a change. I am very dissapointed at the fact that the PC version seems to be the same as the XBox and PS2 versions?!!? I mean come on WHAT? Xbox 360 version looks stunning and yet PC's have the capability of producing that sorta stuff too but for some reason it looks like a PS2 and Xbox Port! Never mind im sure the 360 version will be worth the wait Come November 29th 2005 :)

DJ

Back
Top Bottom