FIFA 21 Discussion (Console Versions)

Looks like another year of fancy marketing terms with no real advancement of gameplay.
Instead we get what seems to me old PES gameplay features being introduced to FIFA 21. EA has a wonderful marketing department that constantly are able to sell the masses a turd wrapped in a shiny box.

EA do not care.
Watch them claim that FIFA 22 will be the real deal, and watch that turn out to be a much better looking game, that plays the same as always.

FUT has fundamentally stifled all advancement these football game could have made since the move to PS3/Xbox 360.

Be prepared for FIFA 22 next gen fiasco.
Next gen will be "ssd loading times, 4K resolution".
Animation, physics and mechanics will be the same as FIFA 20/21, maybe with some "new features".
Don't expect FIFA 22 to be something new.
EA will not risk the receipt of FUT that gave here 1.500.000.000 usd (only with FIFA 20)

Only KONAMI, with PES 22 can bring some freshness to soccer gaming.

This must be a tough balancing act, and in its midst, someone is going to get sacrificed in one way or another. Usually that's the sim crowd - basically the majority on this thread, and those I interact with.

But nothing and no one *needs* to be sacrificed. They just spent real man hours developing new AI. To play like a "fut pro" doing dragbacks etc. I think it's ridiculous to play a CM with say Coventry and the fut gameplay, but hey, someone else might like the full online fut experience in their league one CM. Who am I to judge, right? Options!

So I only have one question that i'd die to know the answer to! Why no sim version? It doesn't even have to be something complicated. Something without the 1v1s or the ball passing through the ref and players hands and a couple of other key changes could work wonders! Why do they want everyone playing fut even in their CM? And by now we know that this is 100% what they want, not something that they just can't find the time/money to implement.

I'll also give the demo a chance, but frankly they really have to make some good changes until then, because if it's like what we've seen so far... not for me.

(Oh and the demo is usually a build from mid August).

Last edited:
Another hands on impressions article, from operations sports:
https://www.operationsports.com/fifa-21-hands-on-gameplay-preview/

1. Also points out that the new runs and agile dribbling can be abused, and attacking in general could be even more OP than defending this year.
2. It implies that the next-gen versions coming out later could have different gameplay, which if true, is a biggie!

Actual quote: "One thing to take note of is that despite both a current and next-gen offering of FIFA 21 being released, the FIFA 21 team is making sure to let fans know that information and Pitch Notes being released over the coming weeks are covering changes and features for the current-gen version of the game only."

Last edited:
Only KONAMI, with PES 22 can bring some freshness to soccer gaming.

Love the optimism and how konami finding themselves in a position where they have to skip a year is considered good planning rather than the simple result of years of bad planning. Kinda reminds me of how losing the CL licence was spinned as potentially good news because they could concentrate on gameplay or editing features. Oh well, that thread didn't age well.

But since i'm no fanboy hating on either game for no reason (I 'hate' them both because they're currently terrible in different ways 😆 ), I hope they somehow do bring some freshness. But I'll consider it a miracle rather than take it as a given.

Last edited:
Probably wrong topic (I can't see myself opening a thread just for that) but does anyone have an idea of roughly how much would it cost to make a crowd funded footy game simulation, strictly focusing on the simulation aspect of the game (physics, AI behavior, fundamentals and I mean real fundamentals such as positioning, proper man/zonal marking), without ANY license?

I ve seen @rojofa showing the example of a successfully crowd funded skateboard game in another thread, which made me ask that question.

It was this one:
https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/efootball-pes-2021-discussion-thread-all-formats.83069/post-3569786

Probably wrong topic (I can't see myself opening a thread just for that) but does anyone have an idea of roughly how much would it cost to make a crowd funded footy game simulation, strictly focusing on the simulation aspect of the game (physics, AI behavior, fundamentals and I mean real fundamentals such as positioning, proper man/zonal marking), without ANY license?

I ve seen @rojofa showing the example of a successfully crowd funded skateboard game in another thread, which made me ask that question.

It was this one:
https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/efootball-pes-2021-discussion-thread-all-formats.83069/post-3569786
Depends how it would be designed and how much they already have done before asking for crowdfunding. Lately you can't just pitch an idea/dream and have enough people get onboard to pay for the people/resources to build it completely from scratch. Someone (indie or small studio) would have to spend their own time/money putting together at least the fundamental mechanics and showing at least a video, if not a playable prototype.

The people behind that skateboarding game had been working on it for over 2 years before starting their Kickstarter campaign. They got it to a place where despite having wonky animations and only a single skatepark, people could download the prototype to see what they were trying to do with the gameplay and the crowdfunding allowed them to add many more features/animations/locations, plan a console release etc. Had they pitched the same prototype to a major publisher they probably wouldn't take the risk on something so sim-like or would insist they dumb it down and/or cram in microtransactions. It probably still would have released, but very bare-bones and probably only on PC.

Crowdfunding can allow existing projects like that to not have to sacrifice their simulation approach and potentially enable them to add more finishing touches/features and expensive stuff like mo-cap, it can't really pay for the whole thing starting with nothing. We need someone with the skill/ideas to get far enough in development that it looks like there's a realistic possibility of it becoming a proper finished product, then the more money it could make through crowdfunding the further they could stretch in terms of visuals/features.

Unless PES 2022 somehow does all those fundamentals properly and satisfies simulation/offline players, I really think that an indie/crowdfunded project is the best hope we have. As more stuff for motion matching/machine learning becomes available, it should become much cheaper and more realistic for smaller developers to be able to make games with the kind of animation variation/quality as current AAA games. Hopefully there is someone out there working on one or will be soon! :P

Last edited:
But nothing and no one *needs* to be sacrificed. They just spent real man hours developing new AI. To play like a "fut pro" doing dragbacks etc. I think it's ridiculous to play a CM with say Coventry and the fut gameplay, but hey, someone else might like the full online fut experience in their league one CM. Who am I to judge, right? Options!

So I only have one question that i'd die to know the answer to! Why no sim version? It doesn't even have to be something complicated. Something without the 1v1s or the ball passing through the ref and players hands and a couple of other key changes could work wonders! Why do they want everyone playing fut even in their CM? And by now we know that this is 100% what they want, not something that they just can't find the time/money to implement.

I'll also give the demo a chance, but frankly they really have to make some good changes until then, because if it's like what we've seen so far... not for me.

(Oh and the demo is usually a build from mid August).

Look, I agree with you, but the reality is...this is what we have. This is what we have had in FIFA ever since FUT was introduced. Why is anyone surprised that they push for their moneymakers (FUT and Esports)? There's not one sports franchise video game out there in which someone wants a labeled "Simulation" mode. Madden for the first time in their franchise just did this last year...last year...after being around since the 80's! It still had elements of MUT gameplay though. I spent 50 version of Madden sliders trying to get that game playing right.

So sure, I'd love a proclaimed Simulation mode in FIFA. I agree that it could be something subtle, heck it could be FUT/PRO = no tactics, SIM = tactics. But it's just...not. Does that mean we pick up our ball and go home? No. Does that mean we go off and assume just because we didn't get what we wanted that it's going to be total crap? No.

When devs openly explain their thought process and it shows intent to address gameplay concerns, I'll take the bits and pieces that are relevant to what I care about.

Positioning ✓
Agile Dribble X
Creative Runs ✓
Smooth Encounters ✓
Defensive Awareness ✓
Competitor Mode X!!!

The pitch notes did a lot of good for me. But, it's all about execution. I'm genuinely curious how the balance will work with the previous FIFA 20 defensive change to 1v1 situations paired up with the defensive awareness feature and attributes. I hope it works, but if some of those fundamentals mentioned earlier aren't intact, then I can imagine there will be issues again. It's just too much time away till the full game is in hand though. Like I always say, these are exciting times nonetheless. At least we have a footy game that is open in communication and open in gameplay modification where necessary.

Every year, little by little, we get games that look less and less like football. "Agile Dribbling" looks like someone suffering from a waist-down epileptic fit.

In theory it's a brilliant idea. To be able to pick your way through a crowd, Ronaldinho style. But it's too fast and shouldn't be as powerful on the wrong foot, ie Son's left...

Why is anyone surprised that they push for their moneymakers (FUT and Esports)? There's not one sports franchise video game out there in which someone wants a labeled "Simulation" mode. Madden for the first time in their franchise just did this last year...last year...after being around since the 80's! It still had elements of MUT gameplay though. I spent 50 version of Madden sliders trying to get that game playing right.

So sure, I'd love a proclaimed Simulation mode in FIFA. I agree that it could be something subtle, heck it could be FUT/PRO = no tactics, SIM = tactics. But it's just...not. Does that mean we pick up our ball and go home? No. Does that mean we go off and assume just because we didn't get what we wanted that it's going to be total crap? No.

I actually agree with a lot of what you're saying Matt and I respect keeping on board and trying to make the most of it. But I guess the answer to questions like "do we pick up our ball and go home?" will differ for a lot of people. Not everyone has the same levels of tolerance. Yes Madden got a sim mode for the first time since the 80s and it's not even that good. But we've got what? Competitor/FUT Mode! How is that not way wayyy worse than a 'not good enough' sim mode that arrived 'so late'? :))

You say "heck it could be FUT/PRO = no tactics, SIM = tactics". They've just said that the cpu will change tactics depending on the score on competitor/FUT mode only. That doesn't even begin to make sense to me. There's no point to any match in CM if the cpu doesn't change mentality depending on the scoreline. There has been no point to playing any single match in CM since the new tactical system in 19 for this very reason! So this bit from the pitch notes alone insults my intelligence! "Oh you plebs who don't want to be pros or play against a fut pro, you don't need to trouble your mind with tactics and the cpu tapping left on the dpad to switch to a defensive mentality might be too much for you to handle!". Sorry, but that is pretty much what they're saying.

So in sort, no, I don't expect them to not focus on their moneymaker mode. But they're actively poisoning every other mode with their "moneymaker" and I could jump back to freaking Fifa 11 and get a much better offline experience. May the demo prove me wrong, but everything I've seen/read so far is the biggest 'pick up your ball and go home' signpost I've seen. At least for me.

Last edited:
I don't have many things to say, but i find impresive how almsot 90% of the pitch notes, are heavily oriented to E-Sports approach and again the Offline/SIM approach. They are so aggresive against CM and towards esports. Even the most hardcore FuT player would not wish so many 1vs1-esque changes.

I mean, no handballs, CPU controlled defenders that intercept less than human controlled, less CPU attacking AI movement. It seems like a direct attack to CM crowd.

Correct. Here is their Q&A...

(Split across many messages, Evo-Web restricts posts to have five bits of media at once!)
THis. this, this. This is the most anti-Offline addition. It is like a direct punch in the face. It clearly splits the playrbase in to two groups, those who get favoured and those who being affected in a negative way.

I wonder why the FIFA CM communitites are not on the fence about this.. I mean while i am not the most dedicated FIFA player in the world, we spent last year, mentioning how bad the CPU team mates play. And then comes the Pitch Notes,Q/A, twitters, etc and says it will become even worse..Unless i understand something wrong....?

Last edited:
THis. this, this. This is the most anti-Offline addition. It is like a direct punch in the face. It clearly splits the playrbase in to two groups, those who get favoured and those who being affected in a negative way.
I wonder why the FIFA CM communitites are not on the fence about this..

They weren't up in arms about it last year, they won't be again this year. This is just the whole 1v1 concept again, nothing more and it's nothing new. Plus they take feedback from CM youtubers. Because someone who plays the game to produce content is the right person to give feedback somehow. You also have to admire how the way it's worded influences people. 1v1 battles were in football games for as long as we've had football games. Whenever you dribbled past or tackled someone? That was a 1v1 battle. The only new thing about EA's 1v1s is that the players controlled by the AI will never do anything useful until you switch to them. It's quite frankly the single biggest reason why competitive FUT should be a completely different thing years ago!

"Will it ever be possible for Right footed players to perform an Elastico in the opposite way?"

I actually saw that Q before it was answered and I thought "this is the kind of thing they will reply to!". Because it had more than 20 "likes". That's always the criteria for dealing with feedback. The quantity of the feedback not the quality!

But let us think about it for a moment. It is something that they "are aware of" and "will keep discussing". They are actually sitting around a table, having a snack, fiercely debating whether right footed players should perform an Elastico in the opposite way. Sounds like a never before seen Monty Python skit to me! I don't even know what an Elastico is. It sounds mighty important! I wonder what do you guys think? (Important: It's an "Elastico in the opposite way" and not a "Reverse Elastico" which apparently is something else entirely).

Last edited:
I don't even know what an Elastico is. It sounds mighty important! I wonder what do you guys think? (Important: It's an "Elastico in the opposite way" and not a "Reverse Elastico" which apparently is something else entirely).
It's a simple feint where you flick the ball to the left or in the reverse case to the right... The point is that left footed players also use the right foot when doing this feint which doesn't really make sense.

It's a simple feint where you flick the ball to the left or in the reverse case to the right... The point is that left footed players also use the right foot when doing this feint which doesn't really make sense.
So the ball moving like a bullet, £80m defenders smiling and waving at strikers running past them unless you control them yourself, players kicking through their own standing leg to hit a pass (so that the game is physically-impossibly-responsive) is absolutely fine, no realism issues here...

...but a guy doing a trick with his wrong foot needs fixing? That's the realism fix the FIFA community wants?

Jesus Christ. It's all about the tricks, isn't it. Give these fuckers FIFA Street and make a real football game for everyone else.

I actually agree with a lot of what you're saying Matt and I respect keeping on board and trying to make the most of it. But I guess the answer to questions like "do we pick up our ball and go home?" will differ for a lot of people. Not everyone has the same levels of tolerance. Yes Madden got a sim mode for the first time since the 80s and it's not even that good. But we've got what? Competitor/FUT Mode! How is that not way wayyy worse than a 'not good enough' sim mode that arrived 'so late'? :))

You say "heck it could be FUT/PRO = no tactics, SIM = tactics". They've just said that the cpu will change tactics depending on the score on competitor/FUT mode only. That doesn't even begin to make sense to me. There's no point to any match in CM if the cpu doesn't change mentality depending on the scoreline. There has been no point to playing any single match in CM since the new tactical system in 19 for this very reason! So this bit from the pitch notes alone insults my intelligence! "Oh you plebs who don't want to be pros or play against a fut pro, you don't need to trouble your mind with tactics and the cpu tapping left on the dpad to switch to a defensive mentality might be too much for you to handle!". Sorry, but that is pretty much what they're saying.

So in sort, no, I don't expect them to not focus on their moneymaker mode. But they're actively poisoning every other mode with their "moneymaker" and I could jump back to freaking Fifa 11 and get a much better offline experience. May the demo prove me wrong, but everything I've seen/read so far is the biggest 'pick up your ball and go home' signpost I've seen. At least for me.

Correct, my tolerance is a lot higher. It's been like that since I started playing sports video games in general. If I'm honest, and this may sound harsh, but my approach isn't a global one. Meaning if multiple people are affected by something specific, I don't make a big deal out of it unless there is something that can be done to control it - whether that be a setting, slider, etc. I'll go to the ends of the earth to find out how to work around it somehow. That's why Madden this year got almost 50 versions from me - and in the end it's probably one of the best base Maddens to date actually - the sliders were just enhancing some certain sim areas (QB completion %, behavior, animation smoothness, penalties, etc).

Regarding the CPU adjusting, they didn't have it in FIFA 20, 19 or even 18. It just didn't work - didn't come through. Compare that to say FIFA 15, where the CPU would noticeably go to Park the bus when leading or all out attack when trailing. I agree, isolate that fact and it technically doesn't seem logical to even play the game. However, in the end, it still played great - despite that. I can only imagine if the logic was completely flipped and instead of attacking when losing, they park the bus...that'd be worse - so I'll take the lesser evil in this case. Again, that's a tolerance thing.

I think poisoning is a strong word - but I understand where you are coming from. I wouldn't put as much stock in the demo to give insight. I remember the demo and full game playing out completely different. Just wasn't worth investing time in for too long on that demo. Overall, I have spent a lot of time analyzing scenarios and behaviors with this series. They've each had their issues that stood out for me, but there are thankfully workarounds to a lot of the concerns. Honestly, the last FIFA game that really left me in despair was FIFA 13 - even sliders couldn't fix it. It was way too fast, too arcade like and positioning all wrong. It wasn't a surprise that just a couple of database adjustments (on PC) needed to be made to let it start to play out correctly.

Lastly, the part that I hold onto with FIFA is the statements that serve against it. For everytime someone says [this] does not happen, I can find examples in which it does. Just the other day someone posted that the CPU only wants to pass, yet here I am watching one of my own videos and I'm getting beat on the dribble. I see a lot of potential in the series despite the element of FUT/Pro dominating their demographic. I've accepted that, and by acceptance - I've moved on - which is why picking out gameplay elements, and customizations, here and there are what I hold onto.

Look, I agree with you, but the reality is...this is what we have.

I strongly disagree with this attitude, Matt - of someone making a game for someone else, and you smiling and eating it up anyway.

I get it, because we all want to play a football game - and maybe the changes will make offline better, by accident - but there are things that categorically won't, on purpose (like taking away handballs, and fouls). And we just have to keep buying and playing anyway? What happens next year, and the year after, as more "things to like about playing against the AI" are taken away?

Do you ever think that will be a priority to them? Serious question. Will they ever make a sim "switch" for us, like exists in plenty of other games? What's stopping them? Some of their own games have this...

Why is anyone surprised that they push for their moneymakers (FUT and Esports)?

Nobody's surprised, nobody in here is going "who saw this coming, sim gamers have been fucked over again?!"

We're just disappointed. This year I had a glimmer of hope because:
  • Career Mode is back in their plan (after the online backlash) - the VICE-PRESIDENT OF EA is quoted here as saying: "We've really made the biggest investments [in Career Mode] we've ever made to make sure we're delivering exactly what our players are asking for"

• If Career Mode is a big focus, surely they'd listen to Career Mode players and their gameplay feedback

• Single-player games are back in fashion (at EA itself, too)

• Next-gen consoles could allow more tech advancements in AI and in realism

I didn't expect much, but the FIFA producer is now an ex-pro FIFA player and a YouTuber. So it's only going to get even more online-focused from here-on-in. There isn't a single little throwaway "this'll please you offline guys" feature in that gameplay list. It's entirely for "competitive" players.

And to say "look, that's the reality, never mind, going to buy it anyway" is part of why we're in this mess. That's the hard-to-swallow truth*.

If you had a favourite meal at a restaurant, EA Eats, and every month they took something out of that meal to replace it with something cheaper, would you keep going to that restaurant with a smile on your face and saying "well, that's the reality, gotta make the best of it"? How low does it have to go before you stop giving them your money, at which point they have to make a change? Does it have to be an actual bowl of vomit?

(I understand that you're not completely averse to the changes they're making, and that you think they may improve the offline game. But it feels like shit to be a gaming community, and not a small one - by which I mean, people who play FIFA but don't give a fuck about online - and be completely ignored.)

I accept that the other restaurant in this analogy is Konami Cookin', and that their meal might taste worse. But that doesn't make the first meal taste better. Surely at some point, you drive out of town and go somewhere else (maybe to 2K Kuisine, PGA 2K21 looks really good doesn't it).

*I will say, for honesty's sake (and to defend your stance), yes, I play the game too. But I hadn't bought it since FIFA 17 (up to this year). My 74-year-old dad buys it on PS4 each year, and (using the "primary account" game sharing method) I play his copy. He loves Ultimate Team, the hook got him years ago and he's genuinely addicted to it, even though he hates the gameplay and gets beat pretty severely, even getting mocking messages sent to him. What level of addiction must a guy have to keep playing despite always losing, and getting abuse off a 10-year-old for it...

This year was the first time I bought FIFA myself, on PC - but only so that I could use mods to make the gameplay better.

(My God, you should try @Anth James's last mod - it is truly, truly fantastic.)

Regarding the CPU adjusting, they didn't have it in FIFA 20, 19 or even 18. It just didn't work - didn't come through. Compare that to say FIFA 15, where the CPU would noticeably go to Park the bus when leading or all out attack when trailing. I agree, isolate that fact and it technically doesn't seem logical to even play the game. However, in the end, it still played great - despite that. I can only imagine if the logic was completely flipped and instead of attacking when losing, they park the bus...that'd be worse - so I'll take the lesser evil in this case. Again, that's a tolerance thing.

Don't really remember 18 as it was another edition that I could not personally tolerate (so that's 3 games in a row now!) but the new tactical system was really the final blow for me. Suddenly drop back / pressure were so pronounced that it was just comical to play against teams that let you keep the ball forever when they were losing, or letting you create chances on the counter by pressing like mad, when they should be defending a lead. I am not the kinda guy that gets annoyed if other people enjoy something I don't (or the other way around) but ... not gonna lie ... with 19 I suddenly just couldn't fathom how anyone could have fun pretending they're playing an actual match. 😇

So I really struggle to take the rest of the game into account. Hate to say that a single thing is a game breaker, but it kinda is?! For me at least.

I remember when park the bus/all out attack were used by the cpu I was annoyed that they would trigger at the exact same time in every game so you knew what was coming. Ha! Right now I'm just glad I can go back to those games whenever I want.

Last edited:
I strongly disagree with this attitude, Matt - of someone making a game for someone else, and you smiling and eating it up anyway.

I get it, because we all want to play a football game - and maybe the changes will make offline better, by accident - but there are things that categorically won't, on purpose (like taking away handballs, and fouls). And we just have to keep buying and playing anyway? What happens next year, and the year after, as more "things to like about playing against the AI" are taken away?

Do you ever think that will be a priority to them? Serious question. Will they ever make a sim "switch" for us, like exists in plenty of other games? What's stopping them? Some of their own games have this...

Nobody's surprised, nobody in here is going "who saw this coming, sim gamers have been fucked over again?!"

We're just disappointed. This year I had a glimmer of hope because:
  • Career Mode is back in their plan (after the online backlash) - the VICE-PRESIDENT OF EA is quoted here as saying: "We've really made the biggest investments [in Career Mode] we've ever made to make sure we're delivering exactly what our players are asking for"

• If Career Mode is a big focus, surely they'd listen to Career Mode players and their gameplay feedback

• Single-player games are back in fashion (at EA itself, too)

• Next-gen consoles could allow more tech advancements in AI and in realism

I didn't expect much, but the FIFA producer is now an ex-pro FIFA player and a YouTuber. So it's only going to get even more online-focused from here-on-in. There isn't a single little throwaway "this'll please you offline guys" feature in that gameplay list. It's entirely for "competitive" players.

And to say "look, that's the reality, never mind, going to buy it anyway" is part of why we're in this mess. That's the hard-to-swallow truth*.

If you had a favourite meal at a restaurant, EA Eats, and every month they took something out of that meal to replace it with something cheaper, would you keep going to that restaurant with a smile on your face and saying "well, that's the reality, gotta make the best of it"? How low does it have to go before you stop giving them your money, at which point they have to make a change? Does it have to be an actual bowl of vomit?

(I understand that you're not completely averse to the changes they're making, and that you think they may improve the offline game. But it feels like shit to be a gaming community, and not a small one - by which I mean, people who play FIFA but don't give a fuck about online - and be completely ignored.)

I accept that the other restaurant in this analogy is Konami Cookin', and that their meal might taste worse. But that doesn't make the first meal taste better. Surely at some point, you drive out of town and go somewhere else (maybe to 2K Kuisine, PGA 2K21 looks really good doesn't it).

*I will say, for honesty's sake (and to defend your stance), yes, I play the game too. But I hadn't bought it since FIFA 17 (up to this year). My 74-year-old dad buys it on PS4 each year, and (using the "primary account" game sharing method) I play his copy. He loves Ultimate Team, the hook got him years ago and he's genuinely addicted to it, even though he hates the gameplay and gets beat pretty severely, even getting mocking messages sent to him. What level of addiction must a guy have to keep playing despite always losing, and getting abuse off a 10-year-old for it...

This year was the first time I bought FIFA myself, on PC - but only so that I could use mods to make the gameplay better.

(My God, you should try @Anth James's last mod - it is truly, truly fantastic.)

Chris, you know if I felt there was any remote impact of putting up a stand for the sim crowd, I would. I've been doing it forever though. In PES, almost 20 years, in FIFA another 10. I'm tired, mate. The pre-patch beta from 20 alone did me in. It made me realize just how big of a giant FUT/PRO players are as a priority compared to us offline/sim guys. I earned the most XP in the forums, fought in every post in the name of the offline player - all for nothing.

I'm at the point where it's about which game has more of what I can work with - and the game with more customization wins. There's a reason I'm still playing FIFA 20, Madden 20 and TGC2019 right now. For FIFA, do I agree with their direction of hiring a Pro player as the producer? Not at all. Is it the sign of the times? Yes.

Definitely understand the restaurant analogy, it makes perfect sense and you're spot on. I'll play along, but out of the three one is stuck in the past, another doesn't exist and the other is ignoring me, but feeding me scraps. Those scraps are actually decent pieces of filet mignon and each bite is delicious - but I won't kid myself in pretending I'm not eating them off the dirty floor.

I know the mods are there for the PC, but I just can't get into them. I applaud all efforts, and I think i'll just get more defeated by playing them. I know there's a lot of hate for them, but sliders are in the best shape they've been for me - and my hope is that their impact will improve whatever issues comes with 21. Hopefully not much, but I say that every year.

Also, and I am not sure if I've said this yet, but the second EA get rid of gameplay customization (sliders for me) - you can bet I'll be vocal and vigilant the way I am/was for PES. Gameplay customization is so important right now, and the second it is removed - or ignored - I'll be there to fight.

I know the mods are there for the PC, but I just can't get into them. I applaud all efforts, and I think i'll just get more defeated by playing them. I know there's a lot of hate for them, but sliders are in the best shape they've been for me - and my hope is that their impact will improve whatever issues comes with 21. Hopefully not much, but I say that every year.

Do you know that the base of @Anth James mod is the OS slider set? It is basically an attempt (in my opinion a very good one) to enhance this set.

Do you know that the base of @Anth James mod is the OS slider set? It is basically an attempt (in my opinion a very good one) to enhance this set.

Hi pap, yes, I do. I've paid attention to the thread and he's been brilliant in messaging me too.

My approach is like an engineer (my job IRL actually): I'm told to work the front end only. I don't have access to the back end. The goal is to make the best out of that scenario, and monitor it accordingly. This way the findings can be applied to different platforms of the product in a uniform fashion.

The thing that is annoying me the most about the news is the dumb pro players playstyle thing smashed there as a difficulty level offline. They cared nothing for the balance of difficulties in the last seasons yet here they come with this gimmicky thing complete of his own features and relatively polished (at least on paper). It truly feels like they are pulling you to the jacket towards the damn FUT/online thing.

Then personally while I recognize 20 was objectively a disaster, I think with a lot of struggle a decent experience was squeezable out of it, or at least it was for me (Matt's sliders making a huge difference). Problem is that the window of what one can tolerale is considerably shrinking year after year. If they'll keep this rate at removing sim elements and force nonsense FUT advertisement stuff offline, jumping out the wagon will be the only possible conclusion if it already isn't.

Since this version, the Serie A anthem ( "O generous!" , Composed by Giovanni Allevi) resounds in the stadiums at the entrance of two teams of the same league, while it is possible to choose between real or synthetic grass for the playing field : synthetic grass stands out because it is extremely flat, like the one we are used to tasting on worn out suburban pitches where we spend one day a week trying in vain to put down a few kilos. In addition to the length and shape of the “embroideries” on the field, it is now possible to select the shade of the grass among different types of green and the color of the lines to increase its visibility.

https://www.spaziogames.it/fifa-21-provato-tre-giorni-gameplay-nuovo-capitolo/

I saw your reaction to the gameplay, we really are not the focus anymore. The trend is to increase the Skill Gap (Pro Players)

Back
Top Bottom