FIFA 21 Discussion (Console Versions)

Also, hasn't Volta been a complete flop, already dead? I barely see it mentioned on any platform.

FUT videos so far look like 11v11 Volta with the agile dribbling, the scorpion kicks & the 8-5 scorelines. It was so successful they made it the main game.

Seriously though, I suppose they'll probably keep volta & monetize it too at some point. They won't give up on it after just one year. They produced "the journey" for 3 freaking years and that was even worse.

So it's really Anthony Joshua. When I saw the screenshot yesterday I thought it was a meme I couldn't get or something but no, they seriously put a boxer in a football game as a playable character.

I mean, the Usain Bolt thing was equally laughable, but by some kind of stretch you could say the guy is the epithome of fast and wanted to play professional football at some point.. he has some relationship with the field, if you really want to force it.. but this? It's next level ridiculous.

Well, at least it shows how far removed they are from real football. Lol!
It's worse than that... They added Diplo, an american DJ. Man probably never even kicked a ball in his life. At least both Joshua and Bolt are actual athletes.

I don't recall ever seeing "made passing more difficult" style updates, and there's a few (like the "crossing is too fast" and "defenders don't mark strikers on crosses" ones). Really promising. Except, of course, the bastard dribbling one. Everyone's OBSESSED with dribbling with all players. From defence to attack.

How do you feel about these, @Matt10?

That's bad. Saying that, it's only two players, but. Still bad. Injury crisis maybe? Playing bottom of the table team? (Clutching at straws...)

Never a fan of reading about responsiveness, because EA has been known to end up clipping the animations to get to a desired destination rather than making it look "better". The crossing speed definitely needed to go down though. It was primarily the low crossed passes as they were just too fast to get on the end of. Dribbling 1v1 was hard for, so I'm curious how it's going to go in the full game. Can't wait.

So it's really Anthony Joshua. When I saw the screenshot yesterday I thought it was a meme I couldn't get or something but no, they seriously put a boxer in a football game as a playable character.

I mean, the Usain Bolt thing was equally laughable, but by some kind of stretch you could say the guy is the epithome of fast and wanted to play professional football at some point.. he has some relationship with the field, if you really want to force it.. but this? It's next level ridiculous.

Well, at least it shows how far removed they are from real football. Lol!
Volta is literally not supposed to portray real football...

Hope they sort corners out,pretty damn impossible to score from corners on 20,plus the ridiculous 40 meters clearing from the defence on them (headers).
I rarely see scrambles from corners on 20 tbh

Urgh. Thank God you can turn it off, but also, I've got a horrible feeling it'll be far too easy without it.

The more I see from the "content creators", the more I'm dreading release.
I think it will be too easy with Competitor Mode turned off. Every single FIFA game on Frostbite has been so far in single player, I can't see it being different on FIFA 21. It's why I can't get excited for FIFA these days. It doesn't matter how good the gameplay is - what's the point if there's no challenge? It's like EA have added this new option because they just don't know how to make the game challenging without making the CPU playing like a FUT player.

Personally I'll just play with Competitor Mode switched on, even though it makes the CPU play like the FUT kids. At least I won't get so bored that way.

There's only 6 shots the whole game , 1 foul and only 15 tackles ..what on earth was going on
FIFA was going on. It's been the same turgid affair year after year for...years.

Yes I know I'm cynical, negative and probably depressing. But how can I get excited for a game that's probably going to be yet again too easy and feature hardly any fouls and NO yellow/red cards?!

I'm with @manmachine - I think I'll skip football games this year. Far too many good titles coming out like Cyberpunk etc.

After playing FIFA 20 for a few months (4seasons) I played a bit of 17 just,and the difference in "real" football Vs 20 is mind blowing,also played 18+19 and the shit show that we see on FIFA 20 and with 99.99% will continue on 21 (no pullback when passing/ice skating/ultra fast passing etc etc) clearly begun with 19.
Absolutely horrible game.

I'm so not getting this game,I've seen enough,fiddle with sliders and make it slower etc,but when the fundamentals are gone,what's the point?
Doesn't even look like football anymore (from videos)

I'll give this a go when it's on EA play

View attachment 60442

5:42

"It's more realistic than the regular ai".
The whole fifa community has completely lost the plot.

This might be the year I finally stop bothering with "football" games.

"It's more realistic than the regular ai". HAHAHAGHAGHSG!!!

Right? He should have said that it's more difficult because it sure as hell isn't more realistic! Makes me want to start my own FIFA channel...

DO IT!

There isn't any real juicy content out there for actual football fans. Only this constant stream of e-Sports fuckers.
You guys seen the assembler with James May?
Where he sits in his shed and assemble stuff (lawnmower/electric guitar etc)
That's what I want!
@Redhat in his slippers,smoking avpipe and having a cup of tea talking about CM and other sum stuff

There isn't any real juicy content out there for actual football fans. Only this constant stream of e-Sports fuckers.

Problem is, the only people who can upload fifa 21 content/talk about the "beta", are select "game changers". They are basically paid salesmen. They make money from their videos and grow their channel/audience. Do you think they will get permission to upload fifa 22 content again next year if they are critical? This kind of exclusive content is the tool to control opinion since printed gaming press was a thing, just applied to social media.

Once the game is released you will start seeing some videos calling the game shit. Which it is.

Last edited:
Fifa has become a video game inspired by football. It is not seeking simulation anymore. You have all these perks in FUT, and you need to do a streak of skill moves in order to score. That's all about it. We might as well call it call of duty football.

Back
Top Bottom